Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Rico_Atlas

Vampire Slaying

No Caption Provided

by Prince Aneleon Frost-Heart

This is a manifest with a collection of my findings to date on the subject of Vampires and the eradication of them. I am a scientific minded individual, as well as a sportsmen. I have hunted many of the things that go bump in the night and I find that Vampires are among the most cunning creatures that I have encountered and have hunted. I have not found that all Vampires are exactly the same, there are many different types which makes them unpredictable as well. I find this is very common in this new home of ours, there are many different versions of Vampires. A fact that I find very odd indeed, you would think that all Vampires would be similar, this is not the case.

The one factor that I do believe that is universal is blood. Vampires need to feed on blood in order to survive. The extent of what this means has variation for sure, based from case to case. But all Vampires feed on blood. Some can also eat normal food and drink, and some cannot. It is very odd indeed. It almost seems as if some Vampires know they are being Vampires, and others are confused about what that means and just make it up as they go along. Immunities to fire or sunlight for an example. I blame teen romance novels such as Twilight, it must have surely found some way to bleed into the actual world.

Blood however seems to be present in all cases of Vampires that I have studied. So in my experience that dictates that the would be Vampire hunter should use blood as a means to defeat the target. Whether that mean using blood to trap the Vampire, or finding a way to turn the very blood into a weapon, that remains to be seen. I am just saying there are many different ways to skin a cat. Start with the most simple and honest basic truths and work your way out from there.

Fire seems to be a common weakness among many Vampires. Not all. But many. And it is not just fire in most of these cases. Its what thflame represents, its Sunlight. The effects that the sun has on these Vampires in horrific. They burn away to ash in mere moments of being in direct sunlight. A light torch and a canteen of anything over 80% can make a quick difference in your chances of winning this encounter as well.

An oaken stake through the heart. In some cases it does actually kill the Vampire. In other cases it only immobilizes the Vampire. And in some other rare cases it does absolutely nothing. In the cases were it seems like nothing works against the blood drinking immortal it feels like they are less Vampires and more so Blood Gods. Tread lightly when encountering these types of fiends.

Silver. Some Vampires have an allergy to silver much like Werewolves. And some do not. I find this odd as well. In my home world all of the Vampires were exactly the same when it came to weaknesses, as if there was a structured biology for them as a species, but here in this world it seems that no two of anything are alike. It is incredibly vexing to be honest. It feels unrealistic to be honest, and it makes for dangerous hunts.

Since moving to this world however my kin have made an alliance with the Vampires of Ravens Landing, I no longer hunt these creatures. I simply wished to write a guide with instructions that could help organize someones mindset towards dealing with these immortal predators. Maybe a pare of human hands that is being plagued by a fanged monster of the shadows will find this guide useful.

If you are being hunted by a Vampire. Try to find sanctuary. There are many Vampires that cannot hunt on holy ground it is a rule even in their society. And the idea of what is considered safe grounds can be speculative. Many Vampires have these zones as well. There are places that Vampires can go in order to have sanctuary from others of their kind. The same rules apply at these locations for mortals as well. All are safe in these zones.