Uncaring short story

xdarksider95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xdarksider95

"Do you not have human emotions? Do you not have any sympathy?" These are questions I have been asked billions of times as my time of being a gun for hire. However, it's never hit me to think about the truth behind my morality.Until this last mission,blood stains my hands.Blood of innocent people, stains my tainted hands, and honestly I just don't care.I warned them to the best of my ability,when they didn't take my warnings it became a hazard to their health. It was nothing personal,I just don't care.

"A million if you take them out and recover the information inside the briefcase.Only half if you destroy or damage the brief case." The shady man's voice boomed through the speakers of my combat helmet.I slowly strolled to where I keep the armory.The warehouse was dead silent.Only the thump of my feet hitting the concrete floor was audible.When I entered the armory,I was greeted with the only thing I keep in the room...Weapons upon weapons! Everything that was in the room was created to mutilate anything that dared stand in my path of self righteous destruction.I locked and loaded and anything that couldn't be fit on my person I crammed in the trunk of my muscle car. I never thought I would have to figure out where in the back of a trunk I would have to place a shield.

I got in and punched the location of the couple who had stolen the briefcase from my employer's company.The company was definitely shady, but that didn't really bother me,if they were going to try to double cross me,they would have another thing coming.The location was a small town that neighbored Gothic City.I spotted the welcome to "Roanoke". The name was fitting,if it came down to it I would make sure the whole town disappeared under the body of its own people.The poor people had no idea what was about to happen.Their city was about to run red with blood,the French revolutionist would be jealous.I pulled up to a small motel with a vacancy sign in the front I signed in,got my room key.The place was a dump,the wallpaper looked like it was done in the early 80's and was peeling off the walls.I stomped on a scurrying cockroach as I strolled to my room.I heard the familiar crunch of the things exoskeleton snapping without effort beneath my foot. "What the hell,are you being serious?" I found myself exclaiming out loud. The places I end up while doing a job.

I wasn't going to stay.I was going to track the star crossed lovers and terminate them.I used the data banks located in my phone,to get a rough location on them.Lucky for me they were at the same motel.Without hesitation,I kicked down the door to the room next to mine,even if this wasn't the room they were hiding out in, the sound of gunshots and screaming would draw them out like scurrying rats.Out of the total of 5 rooms that were in the motel,this wasn't the one that were hiding in. As I stood in the doorway a man's voice shot out of the darkness of the room, "Get the hell out here.Did you not read the do not disturbed sign asshole?" I heard a woman moaning, "This is going to cost you extra." When I went to turn around I felt something weakly thump into my back.I spun around out of instinct and drew out my pistols.The dark unlit room was filled with flashes of light suddenly and a familiar pow of my handguns exploded. Between the rattling sound of bullets being fired, screaming was heard.The smell of iron from blood filled my nostrils.I heard doors fumbling open and the dozens of sounds people make when they go into a panic.Someone grabbed me by the shoulder, I spun around as fast I could before the person could open their mouth,my phantom claws tore through their throat.It was the man that signed me in.His middle aged face,was now drenched in his own blood.His body fell over and slumped up against the wall of the motel.

I pulled the hood from my slate colored hoodie.My dark brown,dirty hair being revealed to the world before I slipped out my combat helmet from out of my back pack.I then discarded the backpack from my back due to the only object it was carrying had been removed.With my pistols still drawn I strolled out the the hotel room, just I stepped out of the door,I spotted the teenage lovers making a getaway in a beat up pick up truck.I took up aim with my handguns,trying to take out the wheels.I did it, but managed to run out of ammo in the process,their truck flipped over and rolled several times.I went and exchanged my hand guns for my AK. I approached their mangled car, I saw two beaten up figures escaping from the hideous wreckage. One was supporting the other,from where I was I couldn't tell who was who. I did see my target the limp figure being helped was tightly holding the briefcase to their chest. I got into my car and gave chase.Ironically this is when the police decided to go after me.Not when I was shooting people up,but when I was driving over the speed limit."I don't have time for this shit!" I yelled out the window at the police cruiser.He wouldn't stop giving chase,so I tossed an electric grenade through his windshield.Electricity flooded the officer's car,right before he lost control of the car and flipped over.The officer's limp,broken body laid out through the windshield.Shit,I thought to myself as I watched the two lovers run into the small police station. Unbelievable I thought, the girl was carrying her guy.

I followed suit,as I entered the station an officer tried to stop me from proceeding."Stop right there,what business do you have here?" The officer reached out to shove me back.I clamped onto the back of his neck and downed him with a stiff knee by pulling him in. As he was down I rested my right foot on the back of his head."Where did the teenagers go?" I asked the man as blood dripped on the floor from his now broken nose.He decided not to answer me but to spit at my left foot.With disgust for him,I curbed stomped his face in the ground.A blood pool began to form underneath the mess of flesh that used to be his face.As I got closer more officers attempted to end my small rampage.The next two were right in front of where the teens went into the Sheriff's office.One charged at me with a police baton and the other was pointing his magnum at me.The charging officer swung his club at me and I managed to block it with my forearms.Before he could react I used his body as a shield against his buddy who fired a few shots.I heard the man moan after the shots went deep into his torso.I shoved the injured officer at his body,as I snatched his police baton from out of his grasp. Snap! His head spun around like the girl from the exorcist, after I nailed him in the skull with the baton.I unstrapped my Ak from my back and let loose with the rounds from it.The officer was left a shredded mess.Before the sheriff could get up to help the lovers leave through his office window, his brains splattered against the wall. I shot him through his door window. I shoulder tackled to break through the office door. As soon as I fell in I realized I was in trouble. How could I be so careless?

Right when I barged into the room a grenade dropped at my feet and went off.The room went up in a cloud smoke.I couldn't see for a few seconds when my eyesight came back all I saw was destruction. The place was up in flames,the wall was completely burnt if they were left standing.I was still laying on the ground when the a police office came and poked me.I'm assuming to see if I was dead or not.Like a horror villain refusing to stay down,I clutched onto his leg and lunged up.Plunging my claws into his skull through his jaw until his body fell over limply.I strolled out of the hole the explosion caused. My body smelt of burning flesh. My whole body hurt like hell,I'm not sure what bones I broke,but I didn't care. It was already starting to heal and within a few hours I would be good as new.

I caught up to the woman helping her injured boyfriend into a patrol car. I grabbed her and shoved her to the ground. She wasn't expecting me since she thought she had the upperhand with the grenade. I stomped on the woman's chest feeling her ribs crack beneath my weight."Do you know what your doing?"She yelled out in between coughing fits."I really don't care." I coldly stated back before shooting her in the head with my AK. I reaching into the cruiser and snatched the brief case from the injured man while delivering a bullet the his temple. From there I headed straight for my employers place and dropped the briefcase on his desk. As he questioned me on the bloodbath I created in my wake, I ignored what he said, because I just don't care.

Avatar image for arceus_aurelius-rex
Arceus_Aurelius-Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'd praise your work here, but I just don't think you'll care.

It definitely paints a clear picture of your character. I don't like the guy, but that's what you're going for. I've never been a fan of senseless violence, and this guy definitely motivates me to stop him. Good job making a character that incites emotion.