• 60 results
Nova Perez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Nova Perez

The moment Jay made contact with the little girl the simulation ended. Nova stood in the middle of the danger room looking a bit worried about Amy’s outburst. “Alright, Amy Jay…we’re done for the day” Nova said, removing her gloves whilst walking up to Amy. As she did so a loud alert came over the speaker for everyone in the facility to report to the briefing room. Maya Lopez was giving her very 1 state of the union address. “Amy after the brief I’d like to speak with you” Nova said, rushing off to the briefing room.

Nova listened intently to the message being distributed however; everything zoned out once Maya revealed the intent on super-human registration. There were hundreds of super-beings in Utopia, those who didn’t even risk their lives were going to have to register.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Thee_Champion

Surprise overwhelmed Amy when she apologized, voicing her desire not to lose yet another friend, claiming her temperamental outburst to be the result of her tainted history. While Amy's words were slightly above a whisper, Jay managed to hear it, but barely. Turning round to face his independent teammate, Jay sighed retaining his trademark composure, "Amy, I can't be killed that easily. I can use energy to enhance my body, it'll take a lot more to harm me that seriously", Jay said, boldly walking towards Amy as his dark blue eyes focused on hers, "Besides, we're teammates and possibly friends. You can't freak out every time I touch you. It's not like I've done anything to deserve your wrath anyway", he smirked.

Returning to the cowering little girl, Jay's hand gently touched her forearm and in the blink of an eye, the training simulation concluded. Turning to face Nova, Jay could deduce her disposition. She was somewhat worried about Amy, after all who wouldn't after having witnessed her intense outburst. "Alright, Amy, Jay... we're done for the day", Nova stated, removing her gloves as she approached Amy. While Jay too wanted to talk to Amy about her outburst, he wasn't as worried as Nova, he didn't possess that yearning concern. Suddenly, in a heartbeat, an alert over the room's speakers informed everyone to make their way to the briefing room. Nova was the first to take her leave, but not before telling Amy about her desire to speak with her. Jay did the same before he left, "I'm not the touchy-feely type but hey, we need to talk about this too. I like you Amy, you don't seem like you need someone holding your hand all the time, but if we're going to be friends... we have to get to the bottom of this".

As he listened to the message, Jay was surprised, his eyes widening as Maya spoke of her establishment of the super-human registration act in Utopia. The act came as a surprise to him as it opposed the freedom of the super-powered beings in Utopia. "Damn", he whispered disappointingly.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By 614azrael

They made contact with the little girl and the holograms fadded away the trinity standing in the center of the danger room. "Amy, I can't be killed that easily. I can use energy to enhance my body, it'll take a lot more to harm me that seriously. Besides, we're teammates and possibly friends. You can't freak out every time I touch you. It's not like I've done anything to deserve your wrath anyway" Amy couldn't manage to return such a facial gesture as the smirk he gave.Nova looking at her somewhat woried as she spoke“alright, Amy Jay…we’re done for the day." As they wrapped things up the alarms started to go off the noise an unbarable sound that made her want to run. Sirens only made her think of people after her.“Amy after the brief I’d like to speak with you” Rayne was in no rush to do so. Her walk to the room a rather sluggish one in comparison to the others. Of course Jay heard it had to enterject as well.

"I'm not the touchy-feely type but hey, we need to talk about this too. I like you Amy, you don't seem like you need someone holding your hand all the time, but if we're going to be friends... we have to get to the bottom of this." That annoyed her, there was nothing to get to the bottom to. It was simple her world went up in flames thanks ther abilities, she killed her parents with her own hands. It wasn't on purpose but still it was by her own hands and accident or not you didn't just shake such memories. Entering the room and watching the video she was one of few to shrug it off somewhat passively. Maya the "president" had decided some registration was in order. It was shocking, where were the other people who helped vouch for this idea. Was it even discussed with a variety of people or did the pretty blond just call the shots. "Damn" she just barely heard Jay whisper.

Leaning against the wall Amy spoke her mind. Mostly saying her thoughts out loud not particularly to anyone. "Why is Amy so tempermental you ask? Because she killed four people on the day her powers came to be. In a fit of anger I butchered bullies. In fear I ran home hoping to take comfort in my parents arms. That comfort lasted only seconds as soon they were ripped apart by my very skin. I came here to either learn to control or lose these abilities because right now I can never live a decent life." She let her body slide down the wall white and auburn hair masking her face. "Maybe Maya is right, anyone think about it? She isn't saying we have to enlist in a military or not use are powers. Its only so that the goverment and WE know what we can do. Think about it if four years ago I knew I had powers maybe I would of kept myself in check. Maybe I could of goten to control it long before I did something wrong. Where a liability and a superior species and yet at the moment the blessed, mutated, alien figures with powers are a minority. Who keeps the people safe from ourselves?" She looked to Nova and Jay, her only two people in the world, "I don't want to wake up every f*cking day afraid I might be the death of someone. This isn't fair for me, how can we sit by and let this fealing be free to possess others? I can't live like that knowing  that those in charge and with power never did anything to allow us to know the enemy we dread most? Everyone feals like they are their own worst enemy, but where walking around with abilities that not only could hurt ourselves but hundreds in some case thousands of others."

Her violet eyes refusing to let tears flow infront of them, and the reason was obvious. Amy made her speach it was laced with regret, coiled in fear. It trembled in places with anxiety, it spoke of pain and depression. It was coated with anger and venom. And yet she fought leting the emotions show physically. Why? Because her touch made people bleed, her emotions led to death. Amy the violent ass kicker she showed in the mission she wasn't in this moment. The rock loving rebel that roamed the halls yesterday and blasted music through the night wasn't looking at them. Instead it was a girl afraid of what she could do, and what others could go through. In short she was simply afraid of being human, what could be more wrong of a fear then in being what you were? Yet that was her.

Nova Perez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Nova Perez

Nova felt as if she should say something to keep the masses in line but she actually didn’t know what to say. She wanted to turn around and; comfort Amy who was going through some sort of conflict involving her past, but she couldn’t help but selfishly think about how their lives would be affected by this.

It was only when Amy spoke did; she see the situation from a completely different spectrum.

“Who keeps the people safe from ourselves?". "I don't want to wake up every f*cking day afraid I might be the death of someone. This isn't fair for me, how can we sit by and let this fealing be free to possess others? I can't live like that knowing that those in charge and with power never did anything to allow us to know the enemy we dread most? Everyone feals like they are their own worst enemy, but where walking around with abilities that not only could hurt ourselves but hundreds in some case thousands of others."

“That’s why we’re here to help harness out abilities so that we may use them to help people; we don’t have to register because of our status as Trinity Members; however once people begin to register we will have even more members” Nova said, placing her hands on Amy’s shoulder. “You’ve made mistakes in the past, but this isn’t the past; you’re not there you are here”. Nova said again; allowing Jay some time to speak with her. Nova needed to check the status of everyone in attendance.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Thee_Champion

Amy was more vulnerable than Jay had initially perceived, however, he should have suspected this the moment her bold and rebellious personality was made apparent. Her experiences in the past had affected Amy quite heavily, she voiced her personal fear of accidentally doing harm to others as a result of possessing extraordinary abilities or super-powers. But was that not the reason that all three of them, Amy, Jay, and Nova were a part of Trinity Legends? To learn how to harness and control their special powers to help those in need? To protect the innocent? While Amy's words were indeed true, she clearly feared losing control of her powers and harming others more than her two teammates. Nova, the mature teammate that she was, made an attempt to comfort Amy, telling her that the purpose of them being in Utopia is to learn how to control their powers so that they no longer fear them.

What Nova had just said, those were the exact same words that Jay was about to tell Amy, however, Nova's mouth opened first. "So that's what she's afraid of huh?", The Genius thought, as he watched Amy stubbornly fight the urge to allow her tears to flow freely from her eyes. Once Nova was done speaking to Amy, it seemed almost as if she was waiting for Jay to have his say on the topic. "She's right Amy. Here you don't have to be scared of hurting anyone with your powers. We're all here to learn how to control them so that we can put them to good use. I can't really tell you how to feel, I never had similar experiences with my own powers", however, that was mostly due to his genius-intellect, it granted him a greater understanding and mastery than an ordinary mutant would have with their newly manifested powers. But even with his intellect, Jay could not realize his power's full potential without aid. He's never really considered how dangerous the ability to manipulate all forms of ambient energy is, maybe then he'd understand Amy's situation with a clearer view.

"But I still can't control them as well as I could", then it suddenly struck him, the danger of his own powers. "My powers allow me to control all forms of energy. If I wasn't training to control them, if I hadn't started years ago, I probably would have killed everyone in my city with a gamma ray burst or something", he explained, not exactly certain if he was being as comforting as he thought he was. "Basically, I'm scared too, but you have more reason to be scared because of what happened to you but here, we're all friends with amazing abilities, we'll help each other out as we train, help each other obtain more control over our powers", he said, "If we're going to be teammates and friends, it's the least we can do for each other right?", Jay smiled. However, his smile faded as he recalled Maya Lopez's announcement regarding the establishment of the Superhuman Registration Act in Utopia. How could a hero be limiting the freedom of others like this? Some of the Utopian citizens who had acquired super-powers did not ask for them so force them to register? "I can't believe the registration act has returned", Jay sighed, his disappointment was evident.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By 614azrael

Kayle fought the urge to shove, push or move out of Nova's touch. Here she was hands on the goth's shoulders. Rayne a girl who was on the vurge of more emotional strain and the girl was placing herself at risk. Still she listend and avoided reacting "That’s why we’re here to help harness out abilities so that we may use them to help people; we don’t have to register because of our status as Trinity Members; however once people begin to register we will have even more members. You’ve made mistakes in the past, but this isn’t the past; you’re not there you are here" She then left Jay to make a response as she checked on others.

"She's right Amy. Here you don't have to be scared of hurting anyone with your powers. We're all here to learn how to control them so that we can put them to good use. I can't really tell you how to feel, I never had similar experiences with my own powers. But I still can't control them as well as I could. My powers allow me to control all forms of energy. If I wasn't training to control them, if I hadn't started years ago, I probably would have killed everyone in my city with a gamma ray burst or something. Basically, I'm scared too, but you have more reason to be scared because of what happened to you but here, we're all friends with amazing abilities, we'll help each other out as we train, help each other obtain more control over our powers.If we're going to be teammates and friends, it's the least we can do for each other right?"

Amy let herself go her mascara runing along her face her abilities allowed to come into effect. She placed her finger on the metal wall and pushed, not hard no effort at all. And still the metal was sliced open as her finger dug into the wall. "That's without trying and against metal. Now imagine a hand shake a kiss, a friendly hug. It screams of mangled flesh and blood, and you know what its not like its trigered by controlable means. Get excited, get angry, some good old adrenaline rush and I am a walking blade. How did I learn this because I am one of them, a common mind not a genius or in a good home where I could learn at leisure." The distrought teen removed her finger analysing the whole in the wall. "I am afraid to feal, if we had the registration four years I would know I was a mutant, I would know what I could do, I would have been somwhere like here and excepted. Instead I spent four years runing in fear of my f*cking self." She took a moment to breath "do you even here yourselves?"

"Nova you say more will be here, isn't that a good thing? They get a understanding they get control. They know what the hell they are doing before they suffer some ugly fate, like me. You're right I am here there isn't sh!t I can do about my past. And you know what it sucks, it literally sucks. I get the lovely flashbacks of being drenched in my fathers blood. I get to wake up to the graphic nightmares of my mother screaming in agony as she bled out. It's good they know before hand its good they come here. Maybe then they can avoid a hell like what I call my life. Can you Nova really say freedom to hide it is better when it leaves people as walking time bombs?" And as she let her words sink in she turned to Jay.

"That brings me to you, your a genius with a remarkable gift. What about those with similar abilities and not the wisdom to get here before doing something stupid? Yes I have seen it that justifies my perspective. Yes I have more fear than the rest because I have seen the ugly end. So WHY? Why is it you people are so against the idea being presented? What do you want to see the non genius Jay level a city and claim a thousand lives? Do you want the Nova that stands on the beach care free to get angry and acidently create a tsunami that obliterates homes and lives in a flash flood? Do you want more people like me waking up sweating from horific dreams of how they killed loved ones? They hide their powers, they be free to just find out and handle it on their own and you know what you get?" Her words dripped with venom rips in leather jeans from her growing anger. "Is Maya right, I dont know. Is there some risks, sure. Will we likely have some hard times ahead of us undoubtably. But can you really justify leting people go unwatched, or unaware as they walk around with abilities to slaughter thousands."

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Thee_Champion

After a display of much damage Amy can cause with very little effort applied on the usage of her powers, she followed by questioning both her teammates' disappointment at the establishment of the Superhuman Registration Act in Utopia. She first presented Nova with her opinion. Turning to face Jay, Amy boldly suggested that the registration act is not as negative as both her teammates are making it out to be. She pointed out that not everyone is fortunately gifted with the genius necessary to maintain a constant control over their extraordinary powers and that most individuals with powers similar to Jay but without his intellect would most likely be a walking destructive force. She compared Jay to a living weapon of mass destruction while relating Nova to natural disasters. She continued, rhetorically asking Jay if he desired to see yet another have experiences similar to those that Amy had of killing those who were once a part of her life. Amy's anger was apparent, and while she did raise her points, Jay felt that she was not seeing the registration act for what it truly was.

"Of course that's not what I want", The Genius replied, there was no hesitation in his voice. "You're right, I was wise enough to come here on my own accord, I knew that I needed to learn as soon as my powers manifested but the registration act is a completely different thing. It doesn't just cover kids and teenagers. This extends to the adults as well, who account for most of the super-powered beings in the world", Jay said, never taking his ice blue eyes off Amy. "You're right that kids need to be taught how to control their powers but the large percentage of superhumans are like I said, adults. Most of them established heroes, some villains, others don't even have an alignment. The registration act is a violation of civil liberties. The act limits freedom. Most superhumans didn't ask for their powers but regardless of their desire to live a normal life, they have to register with the government or they'll go to jail", Jay stated, revealing his true sentiments towards the registration act. "And then there's the bigger problem", Jay said, on the verge of raising yet another point of his view. "What about secret identities? Most of these superheroes have secret identities".

It was becoming clear what Jay was going to say. "Registering implies that heroes will have to sacrifice their secrecy. How are they supposed to protect aspects of their normal life if secret identities are no more? Villains can then use that to target the families and friends of heroes. I'd think an experienced villain trying to kill the loved ones of a hero is more dangerous and capable of killing than an inexperienced rookie. And then what happens if some kind of tensions grows within the superhuman community? What then? Obviously there will be those who agree with this and those who don't. If the tensions is high enough, the two sides will fight. A battle between so many super-powered individuals in civilian areas is far more dangerous than one inexperienced kid. I don't see any good coming out of this", Jay concluded, leaving the area in order to clear his mind. He simply didn't agree with the registration act but he didn't come to Utopia to leave fruitlessly.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By 614azrael

Amy was far from done with this and Jay was one of the only two friends she had here. "Corection right now the main known population of meta humans is older and active. But you know that isn't the case most with abilities are young. Its our generation that shapes tomarow its Trinity and C.O.P that shape today. Yes we would lose are secret identity but in exchange security forces know who to protect. That and we would have greater opurtunities to change things. You read up on the events of France? They try and hide it but enough diging and you will find it was some club of people with super powers that helped liberate it. It was combining the military with meta's that allowed one to force out Tenebra. Yes it does put us at risk to lose secrecy but so dose the work in itself. How many ware masks? How many get in fights and keep their mask by its end? Now tell me how many of the people out there have a means to hack our own devices or get in our heads. Face it what are we really hiding enough effort and anyone with money or telepathy can learn the identity of anyone their fighting.

She sighed as the other fact was something she couldn't fight against. "That is the one fear I have. We have allready seen two civil wars from this it's not like we need another and that is exactly what Maya is going to do. She will step on toes playing the queen bee and as she does sides will be torn apart. We have seen civil wars, alien invasions, full scale nation to nation wars. So lets fuel the flame and add another war into it, we need some limits before we blow eachother all to bloody hell. Do any of these people even think Jay? Because I am just a teenager who technically gets by on street smarts. Yet I so far seam to be one of the very select few who sees that where leading practically into a world war three! Korea has been hit by sevral chaotic events escalating their own civil disputes. France is dedicated to be its own seperate thing which puts them at risk as they pluck off allies. Then you add in Utopia which is one step above that. They openly state they will shut out everyone they pick off their allies and I begin to wonder if anything will be standing soon."

She brushed locks of white hair from her eyes as she continued. "Then we have tthe other nations. China is run by that Y chick or her son or something it just screams pending dictatorship and call to war. The Champions of Peace has have the U.S goverment staring them down after members left and others went crazy. The nation in itself is always in a state of fixing damage from meta humans and their fighting. The best sollution they seam to have is a city scale prison that lets these monsters run free in its walls. then you have the situations with Russia and Iceland claimed by Tenebrasque In. Nobody has stopped them yet, they just let that darkness grow and the few who do go to assail them are dropped in a heartbeat. Everybody want's to seperate themselves from the rest. Everyone wants to call their own shots and the result is every living organism and nation by the end of this is going to likely have arms raised each one with a rocket launcher aimed at another. We need to except some things and try and contain other things before the world is nuking itself into a super powered verision of Fallout 3."

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Thee_Champion

It seemed like Amy wasn't done voicing her opinion on the matter. Interestingly enough, she was much like Jay, bold enough not to hide her true feelings. And Jay respected that, but only that. His patience remained as he listened to Amy speak her mind once again. "Yeah we do shape tomorrow but who wants to live in a tomorrow with no freedom and civil liberties?", Jay's counter to Amy's initial point was brief and to the point. Then he touched the issue of secret identities. "Oh come on Amy, you really think security forces and the military can do anything to protect a hero's family? If someone like Hi Voltage had her identity revealed on television, every person she's ever put in jail will be coming after her friends at school and her family. You really think the military or any police force can stop someone like Gambler or Darkchild form doing that? Yeah I don't think so. The security forces and the military in this world are pathetic compared to the superhumans. Besides, not everyone has enough or that level of telepathy to know who's who", Jay said, his feelings clear.

But Jay's suspicions were correct when Amy found herself unable to doubt the commencement of another civil war given the current tension between pro-registration and anti-registration superhuman individuals. "That's why this registration act should have never come to fruition. It's gonna tear through the superhuman community like it has before. I'm sure Maya thinks what she's doing is right but I think she's failing to see how illogical it is to establish the registration act... again", Jay said, showing no hesitation in his words. "Also, have you considered that if the security forces of the world clash with these villains seeking to kill unmasked heroes, it could lead to the death of innocents. Because honestly, that's going to be destructive. Not that the security forces would actually stand a chance, they'd be wiped out in minutes", Jay said, with every second passing by, he became more and more anti-registration. "There's just no way I can support this", he continued, "If they want superhuman teenagers to learn how to control their powers so nobody innocent has to die, then they should set up schools that teach kids about their powers, how to control them. You don't need to force them to register to the government".

Visibly upset with the recent announcement regarding the establishment of the superhuman registration act in Utopia, Jay decided to unleash his disappointment in ways different from debating. "I need to clear my mind", he said, leaving the room. Walking through the halls, he couldn't help but wonder if this was the end of his time with the Trinity Legends, it unfortunately was if his anti-registration stance remains. Entering his room, Jay quickly approached his punching bag and began viciously striking it, high roundhouse kicks, jabs, left hooks, they all pummeled the punching bag relentlessly.

Blades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Blades

This is totally dead but thought I would mention that my(614azrael) character in this is this alt.