Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Troy_Walker
No Caption Provided

Troy's home.

"How was it?" his mother, Grace, in the wheelchair asked. Troy was in their small kitchen, pouring her a glass of milk. "I really hope you tried to reconcile with him Troy, he's still your father. I know he did a bad thing, and stealing isn't the right way to go about for providing your family..." his mother paused briefly, allowing her suspicion that Troy was getting illegal money to provide for their family, she was right, but Troy would never let her know. His mom was honest, she'd never let him steal even if it meant she starved. It was hard to explain nights coming back with hundreds of dollars without describing his 'job'. "But he loves you, and he loves me. At least be at peace with that" she finished as Troy gulped loudly, he was calmer with his mother than he'd been with his father. "No, you love me, mum" he walked to her, handing her the glass of milk, and then grouching down besides her wheelchair to speak with her. "If my dad loved me, he would've never let us go. I need my parents in my life!" he'd boiled over, before closing his eyes for a moment to regain composure. "Dad knew the risks when he chose to steal... and kill. He knew he'd be leaving us for a long time if he got caught" Troy finished, returning to the kitchen to pour himself a drink, A drink of orange juice into his small glass cup as he looked around at their humble abode. With only two beds for a family of three, Troy slept on the couch. A small TV was there, the walls were wearing out due to both their lack of quality and years of sharing themselves with the three inhabitants of the house. Now two.

"It's like, why should I miss someone if they don't care about me. Why should I get attached to someone like that?" before his mum could come up with an argument, Troy raised his hand, as if to shut her up rudely. "Did you hear that?" he asked, a cautious look crawling into his eyes. The sound of the fence being rattled from outside made a quiet noise, one loud enough to hear from their distance and with their now complete silence. Both of them heard it, as a protective look came over Troy, a concerned look. "I'm going to go check it out, okay mom? You stay right here" he grabbed a flashlight from the kitchen cupboard, and ran outside the the door as his mother yelled out "Troy!"

Cold air rushed upon him as he looked left and right into the dim light, trying to find any signs of intrusion. He could see nothing. Suddenly, the lights to the house behind went out. Mother. He immediately began rushing to the power box, flipping his flashlight on and hoping it was only a malfunction, but preparing to meet any invaders around the corner. Who'd even want to rob a house like this?. The power box was located on the side of the house, strangely hanging open, with the red power lever clearly, and manually flipped off. Shit. He turned the switch back on as a blood curdling scream suddenly violated the silence of the neighbourhood. A shiver crept down from over him as he recognised the voice. Mom! He immediately began rushing to the front door, surprisingly fast to even himself. His only weapon a flashlight.

Through the front door he could now see they were two, one of them holding his mother hostage in a rough manner by her greying hair, the other ransacking the place. "Mom!" Troy shouted out without realising it, anger filling him at the sight of his mother being treated this way. His presence startled the invaders, and they both turned their attention to him. "Step back kid, you don't want anything to happen to your mother!" the thug holding his mother yelled out, his hands shaky as he produced a gun, putting it to her head as his mother cried, trying to stop herself and be strong for her son. "Take... take everything, we have money, I can get you the money" Troy said desperately, as the man ransacking the place chuckled, finally turning around to reveal his hideous face. The leader of the white hood gang himself, the same gang his father ran with when he'd tried to rob a bank. "You don't get it do you? This isn't a robbery" the ugly man shook his head. "Your father is exchanging classified information about the white hood gang to get early release. We hope to convince him otherwise" the man said, now raising a silver revolver, and raising it to his mothers leg as a loud gunshot cut the air, his mother falling to the floor. "NO!" Troy tried to run to his mother, leaving him vulnerable to a sharp and cold stab to his gut, as he dropped to the floor beside his mother.

The leader moved above him "don't worry, we still need some incentive to get the old man to cooperate" his breath was close enough for Troy to smell. The next thing he saw was the revolver being raised again towards his mother just as his eyes met hers. Her eyes told him all he needed to know, I love you too. he thought, just as a loud gunshot came over the house, ending his moms' life. "NO!" he began to cry, his face turning read "NO!" his mothers' eyes were now dead, lifeless and void. He turned his face to meet the intruders, who were now leaving, the leader smugly looking back at Troy. They were gone.

Crawling towards his mother, ignoring the pain, he found it ironic how now, he wished a hero was here, despite his distaste for them, he needed them. He was desperate. Where are they? "Mom, mom, please talk to me" he sobbed as he now held his mother in his arms, his knees almost buckling as he leaned on them. "Mom, please, just say something" suddenly feeling as if her soul had departed their home, a feeling of complete loneliness surrounded him. "I need parents in my life, stay!" he was now angry. Why, why would she leave me? He kneeled down besides her body, refusing to accept the truth just yet even as consciousness began to leave him. His mother was dead.

- - -

(Comments appreciated)

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump...

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Glacier_

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! His mommy! T_T

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Tragedy is a great influence. It created Daemon

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! His mommy! T_T

To be continued... :P

Tragedy is a great influence. It created Daemon

Writing tragedy (grief specifically) is very tricky. But this is basically going to be one of the driving factors behind his life.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like that you're continually developing his story.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that you're continually developing his story.

Never done this with a character before, but I wanted to develop and portray his origins (for whatever he turns out to be) before starting to RPG with him.

@troy_walker: Bring her back as a zombie! And also Nobody!

She's gone... Until the plot calls for it, dun dun! jk

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troy_walker: Well, this character was abandoned for being different, so can't say I'm much better than Troy on family aspects =P

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Troy_Walker

@troy_walker: Well, this character was abandoned for being different, so can't say I'm much better than Troy on family aspects =P

Yeah, family matters are always tricky... Troy is now basically all alone. His father is in prison, his mother's dead. Already have an idea for the sequel to this RP. Basically going to be a four part or five part origin story...

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troy_walker: Mhm. Seems good. I will keep an eye out for it.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not sure how I feel about you and these fics. I mean this is my thing Troy, mine =P

(I kid, I kid. This is good stuff. I'd elaborate if I weren't so drained)

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: I'm glad you like it :)

(Elaborate on the sequel :P)

_Sparrow_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this is leading up to something amazing.

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this is leading up to something amazing.

I hope so :)

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Holy grail that was deep. His mom died in his arms. Whoa. Somebody call the feels, cause I might have chest pain.

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_ said:

Holy grail that was deep. His mom died in his arms. Whoa. Somebody call the feels, cause I might have chest pain.

Glad you liked all of them :)