Time War: Target Earth Prologue Part One

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TimeSiphon

Its funny how a single event can change a person's life entirely, doubly so for a Time Siphon. Spain, it all started in Spain. Responsibilities had been transferred and Sahi now had much more on her plate than simply doing things for Satar, though she still aided him. Right now though she wasn't even on Earth, she had other fish to fry. So we join our anti-hero on the fringes of the Milky Way in a lonely way station used by the Thousand Worlds of Rytorus, the great military power that Sahi now commanded in Raeyn's stead...

Sahi walked through the corridor's of the way station flanked by two men, both of whom were fellow Time Siphons. The closest to her was Arcavus, a powerful warrior and one of the members of the Circle that had allied himself with Raeyn when the war began. He currently occupied the body of an alien from a distant galaxy and had kept the same form for an impressive three hundred years. Behind him walked the infamous Temporal Trader Vicus. Vicus traded in time itself and was considered a thief by most Time Siphons. Primarily though he dealt with ancient artifacts from defunct alien cultures and would accept a portion of a being's life span in exchange for his artifacts with the portion depending upon the value of the item in question. Behind their little group were two soldiers of the Thousand Worlds.

"Just tell us what you know Vicus and you can be on your way." Arcavus said. "There's no reason for us to continue to detain you once we know what you've learned."

No Caption Provided

"I'm telling the both of you that I don't know anything." He insisted. He pulled at the cuffs on his hands and frowned. "How did you manage to make cuffs with slippery temporal lines?"

"Oh, family secret." Sahi said with a shrug. "The information you have may be vital to the war effort. We know your ship was in the region. I'm not asking for much, just your ship logs or what you learned. The ships stationed in the area you were recharging your jump batteries have gone missing. If the other side is making a move this late in the game we need to know what it is. Where did those ships go Vicus?"

"Look, I don't know any more than...where can I get me one of those?" He trailed off and interrupted himself as his line of sight caught view of a beautiful alien woman walking the other direction.

No Caption Provided

Sahi shook her head. "Try to focus with something other than your current reproductive organs please. There's a war on."

"Hey lady look, I'm not part of the war got it? If I give you the information I have then suddenly I make a lot of enemies, you don't think they'll be able to figure it out? Come on miss whoever you are, let's be a little realistic. Just let me go, I have a lot of buyers lined up for an old space hulk that..."

Sahi turned and glared at him and he froze mid sentence. For whatever else he might be, Vicus was not a fighter, he had learned to survive as long as he had by not paying any attention to the fights of other Time Siphons...and by not playing the Time Siphon game. His trading had gotten him this far and he didn't intend to start fighting now if he could avoid it. Of course...that didn't mean he couldn't fight, though his hands being bound made that suddenly a difficult prospect.

"I'm tired of playing games with you Vicus!" Sahi shouted.

"Vicus." Arcavus interrupted calmly without turning to look at him. "I hear there's a bit of a temper that runs through the bloodline of Raeyn."

"Whoa...whoa...ok, everyone just calm down." Vicus said as fear shot through his veins like ice water. "I didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't help you...just you know...I need to keep up appearances. Why don't we discuss a small finder's fee over a cup of..." He trailed off and looked around as warning sirens began to blare across the station. "I didn't do it, whatever it was!"

Sahi turned from him for a moment and activated her coms. "What's going on Command?"

"Incoming fleet!" Someone replied in a frightened voice. "We don't have the forces here at the moment to handle this level of an attack, you'd best get off the station before they board. There's no strategic reason to take this station unless they know you're here."

Sahi nodded and cut the line. "We need to get out of here yesterday." Sahi removed a key from her pocket and removed the cuffs from Vicus's hands. "Meet us in the Sol System in one week, got it?"

Vicus nodded and rubbed at his wrists. "Yeah, yeah, I'll be there."

An explosion rocked the corridor as boarding parties began to blast past the station's defenses. "Go." Vicus said with a little smile. "Hurry." He started to casually stroll down the corridor intent on heading back to his ship while the other two Time Siphons sprinted in the opposite direction towards their own escape vehicle. Weapons fire blazed through the air past him and he ignored it, right up until several boarding soldiers took aim at him and clipped his temporal armor. "Hey! hey now that's just not very nice!" More shots came his way and the infamous rogue snarled. "Fine." He said. "Let's do this then!"

The Time Siphons were all dangerous to each other but even more so to regular troops...and it was regular troops that led Time Siphon assaults and formed Time Siphon armies. Vicus tapped into his Temporal Reserve and dramatically increased the flow of time for himself. It had the effect of slowing down the rest of the world so that it seemed as if his opponents moved in slow motion. He pulled a pair of fusion pistols from their holsters at his side and opened fire, effectively joining the war effort if for no other reason than one side was shooting at him and the other wasn't.

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile...

Standing between Sahi and her ally and their ship back to Earth was a pair of black clad Time Siphons. One of the Siphons she recognized as the very same one that led the forces opposing Raeyn and the other was a warrior she didn't know. Sensing their temporal lines she quickly realized that both were way out of her league, both being original members of the species and thus more powerful than someone much younger such as herself. She hesitated for a moment but Arcavus did not. He charged the two before they could attempt to consume their temporal lines and activated his temporal blade. Sahi leaped into the combat with her own twin bladed weapon activated.The moment his blade activated the black clad siphons did as well and the war was on.

No Caption Provided

To be continued...

-------------------

I know i took a lot from the intro to Star Wars Online but I love the video, it's really fitting for what I'm doing and I'm practicing making gifs for later on. The plot is obviously completely different.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Attempts to read on mobile*

*Crashes*

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon:

Yep. Post was good but I feel like particularly, the second gif that shows the woman passing is unnecessary. Gifs can be engaging of course but I think they should be used more so to signify more significant things in a post like this. I'm pretty it is pretty easy to picture a guy ogling an alien chick :)

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

Honestly that one just amused me and I was going for establishing his personality a little. He's coming back ;).