Time for A Shake-Up (Empire Opinions)

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Time for A Shake-Up (Empire Opinions) (13 votes)

Do Switzerland! 8%
Do Iceland! 0%
Do New Zealand! 8%
DO ALL THREE! 31%
Do another country! 15%
Do nothing at all :| 38%

Good Afternoon

In mostly lurking around the forum for the last week, I've observed a light series of trends in user activity and action.

Has the Vine grown relatively stagnant in the past few weeks? I think so (though this is not to belittle any active RPers). Not much is really happening on a global scale; we aren't moving towards a new meta or dealing with new threats. As far as I've seen, the most-used thread around here as of late is the "What does your character think about the one above you" thread. Who wants something to actually happen in-universe? I'd be honored to supply a crisis, so long as people want to deal with one. You see, I would rather ask before making an empire claim somewhere, seeing as how they can sometimes just be plain inconvenient. You may feel obligated to get involved, be it for character motivations or IC territory. That's not fun! (Well, it can be, but it isn't inherently fun). My point?

Who wants me to make an empire claim? I'm thinking Switzerland, Iceland, and New Zealand...all at once. Or...I could just do nothing at all. I'd hate to force well-mannered people to defend precious IC territory and lives.

Would anyone care to join me in a no-holds-barred territory grab of epic proportions?

• 
XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it already have to be empire claims? Bedlam Breakout was pretty popular and it was just a big open rpg. Maybe we should dome something like that instead of an empire claim. They are getting old really fast and to be honest I did not like them from the start.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pyrogram

I think Empire claims should be done to further a story, not for the sake of it. At least not anymore. I admire you wanting to help activity though!

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@despair_:

While there have been an undeniable flurry of Empire Claims recently, some might say they add stakes to a battle; they cannot be retconned out of existence, so to speak, and they give motivation to the characters involved. This is why I decided to ask before just going ahead and making one; I would hate to pressure people into writing.

_Envy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Envy_

Something is in the works, but Idk if you checked the team PM lol :P

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_envy_:

Are our proposed foes still active?

_Envy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: (Not the wildcardz. I PMd Clara about the possible idea but have yet to get a response :/ )

Kayle_Rez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a tough call. Yeah cv needs something to go down and spark some activity. A claim might deliver that. But it's a bit hard to promote a claim when there's been no build up

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_envy_ said:

@jack_: (Not the wildcardz. I PMd Clara about the possible idea but have yet to get a response :/ )

What's the idea? :o

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree wIth Pyro.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the sentiment behind it, the desire to want to inject a surge of activity. But another empire claim? No. That's not something I think we need. Especially if the point of it is to keep the Vine from stagnating. Empire claims have become a recent trend. Everyone's doing it. It's become monotonous and sure it might get people to show up and defend territories but (to me at least) its starting to feel more like a chore than "oh man, I gotta get in this". If you want to add activity, don't do what everyone else is doing because there's no excitement in that. Imagine if you went bird-watching. Sure your desire is to see birds but what if all you ever see are pigeons? Birds that do the exact same thing as one another all the time, together. It'll get boring fast. But imagine if at least once you managed to see an eagle? A bird that goes against the trend set by the pigeons. It's not doing what the other birds are doing. If it wants food it won't wait for someone to throw bread crumbs. It'll go out and hunt. A refreshing change of pace for a bird-watcher to see, I think. How good of a comparison that was, I don't know LOL. But I don't think we need another empire claim. We need something different.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then it's settled! There shall be no claim made! I am glad this was the response; thanks to all of you for taking the time to read and comment.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: Respect for asking dude.

_Envy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: So does that mean I can count on Apex to join in on the RP? lol

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Thanks. I figured it would take less than five minutes to obviate what could potentially turn into days of frustration for others.

@_envy_ said:

@jack_: So does that mean I can count on Apex to join in on the RP? lol

Totally, I just haven't really had as much to add to the conversation. I'll be more active within the PM going forward.

_Envy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: I'll start a new PM with a roll call in the old one to see whos still active.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for asking hehe. And yeah, I have to say I have become completely burned out on empire claims simply because there have been so many back to back.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

If you want to make a empire claim. I would suggest taking a part of Russia.

Paper_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got one in the works. Won't drop for another three months though.

hunterzillas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun:

What other kind of events are there?

Like, has anyone tried doing something like a Crisis DC style? Or maybe something like a Registration act? Or how about The Company from Heroes? That would be cool.

Would give an excuse to use an archetype of this guy.

No Caption Provided

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunterzillas: I don't know about a Crisis but there has been a Registration Act. There are a lot of different kinds of events, pretty much whatever people can think of and get people to join lol.

_Ulysses_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: I personally want to do a claim on Hawaii one day. It's got military bases I can stronghold. It has people that would gladly become independent. And it's an ocean away from that Mutant versus Human sh!thole we call the United States.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: I personally want to do a claim on Hawaii one day. It's got military bases I can stronghold. It has people that would gladly become independent. And it's an ocean away from that Mutant versus Human sh!thole we call the United States.

Hawaii is a state of the United States :P

_Ulysses_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers