Avatar image for daud_al_talibah
Daud_Al_Talibah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daud_Al_Talibah

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”

- Albert Camus

Hi!
Hi!

Most of us didn't know what to do when we first started RPing so we looked around, like a newborn for looks for it's mother, in order to find someone who'll teach us all about this crazy world. I'm sure there are plenty of great people who aided even you (Yes, you. I'm looking right at you.) over your long endeavor in all things role play. (This is more or less a nostalgia thread TBH.)

Be it with moral support or with writing advice, it doesn't matter. Share your gratitude!

I'll start so people don't get touchy...

The writers that influenced me the most were probably LL, Quintus and Impero. Even when I was starting out I always found it mind-blowing how they were, and still are, able to write these ginormous posts that still managed to remain entertaining all the way. And seeing them fight is always as sight to behold LOL. LL actually made me remain on this forum, she was very positive about my works even when others-- well, for the lack of better word, weren't. On the other hand Impero was in fact the first person I ever RP'd with, he may not remember but it was in the Aldeia Lobisomem thread and back then werewolves were a thing. He probably influnced my writing style the most out of all the forementioned. Good times!

I am also thankful for being in the company of Jack_, Mav and Drake_. They are very supportive in regards to new writers and are generally very friendly. Special shoutout to Nox/DV for...uhh...making me write a four paragraph post about pizza one time.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Pyrogram
  • Impero
  • Gambler
  • The_Shogun
  • Warsman
Adam_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I had an influence more than I had enticers. Sha, Mercury, Angeni, Champion, Gambler, Longshot. Definitely Longshot.

Nevermore_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warsy takes it <3 not much else to say. Any talent I have was at least in part do to him. There's plenty of people I love working with and who inspire but the first was Warsy

Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impero taught me how to fight, sell, and write bios. Definitely my role model for the site.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My official mentor is Pyrogram, he and Andres inspired me a lot, but let's all be honest here, all my traits and mannerisms are like a second-hand impersonation of Warsman's. He's and probably always will be my biggest inspiration.

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I looked in the mirror and suddenly had the unquenchable desire to display genius upon the forum :)

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hands down, Warsman and Andres. I've become pretty good friends with both of them over the years and they've strongly influenced my characters as well as my writing. They've give me a crazy amount of advice over the years and I'm forever thankful!

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By shanana

^ someone beat me to it

Well I'm meant armistice

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aleksei_Andreinov

Inspired me to get on the forum in the first place and try something lmilitary. Maybe not something that Hax.

But, a little Hax, with Maverick. Not only this, but he put an extreme amount of detail into his own army. One I think even I've yet to match.

LL/The_Shogun

Taught how to try to be the embodiement of badassary. As well as having a detailed weapons style.

Impero

Taught me how to sell, be logical, utilize real life premises behind characters and how to masturbate to myself use new writing techniques such as gifs and write fighting styles.

Armistice

Inspired me to try new concepts and even make my own hacker concept, Argus_ in light of his own concept, Dox.

No one, because they all hate me IC or OOC.

On secomd thought, Jack_ and Dreadpool.

Everyone else secretly hates me.

I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR EYES!!

I don't hate you OOC. I have no beef with you and like you. Though I like seeing you get roasted.

IC Maverick is mostly neutral. Until you attempt to in anyway impose yourself on them. If you interact with them, the same way you do the knightfalls.

You will not have a good time.

Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall said:

I don't hate you OOC. I have no beef with you and like you. Though I like seeing you get roasted.

I think everyone enjoys roasts in general, to be honest, not just of you.

Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Percival

@percival said:
@maverick_6 said:

Well, I don;t, IC or OOC, so...

Oftentimes, you put yourself in a situation where it's easy to roast you, though, like when you covered dead Quintus in nanites at his funeral and in the presence of practically god-tier characters...

Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall: Regardless, it was a biiiiit of a goofy thing to do in front of everyone that had come to pay their respects. I mean, did you think they were just going to let you go through with it, then solo everyone in the room?

Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall:

On paper? Naaaaaaaaaaaah, that's a little absurd. I think Andres alone could give you a good fight on paper, especially with prep involved. Dude's a quantum-mind-genius or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@percival: Except for Andres.

Nox: Go intangible an scream "Ashley is dead, and it's all your fault!" at him.

Everyone else: Orital strike.

Andres: Ask him to calculate the number of digits in Pi while eating a pie. His mind will be blown by the sheer randomness.

Didn't Nox already take Orph on 1v1, during KoV?

Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@percival: Except for Andres.

Nox: Go intangible an scream "Ashley is dead, and it's all your fault!" at him.

Everyone else: Orital strike.

Andres: Ask him to calculate the number of digits in Pi while eating a pie. His mind will be blown by the sheer randomness.

Didn't Nox already take Orph on 1v1, during KoV?

Selling and stuff, y'know. That isn't to say it wouldn't be a good battle between the two. I think that on paper Orph looks really strong but there are a lot of variables he doesn't take into account from his opponents.

Also, Orpheus, man, ORBITAL STRIKE DOES NOT SOLVE EVERYTHING!

Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall: I've often found that being stronger on paper is not a strength in itself. It almost limits what you can do with a character, and almost makes you look weaker because you're always selling to lower-tier characters that you would beat on paper. You can do more with a character who can take hits from foes. I have no trouble admitting that I would probably lose to everyone in that room, on paper, but that's what makes Spider-Man, Batman, and Captain America so cool. Same deal with Superman (possibly my favorite superhero); he's strong, but not strong enough to walk all over everyone. His weaknesses are what make him interesting, not his strengths. And I don't mean kryptonite; his strong morals, which are his greatest powers, also make him hold back. But that's why he wins in the end, against Luthor.

TL;DR: I write Superman, not Lex.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trauma, Eganthevile1, and Platinumwarrior.

Old school, CAN YOU DIG IT?!

Neon_Leon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pyro

Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started on another site...His name was Taco Condoms...He was the leader of the Halo UNSC rping guild. I still talk to him.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drake helped me a lot too. Also, Nobody! Man, he was the sh*t back then! Atrocity! Duuuuuude, I'd be nowhere if that dude hadn't Force Choked my ass and taught me about the importance of Siths.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake:

You were an inspiration to me, dude. I would have left a long time ago.

*totally not lying*

Avatar image for maximus_newcastle
Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ermagerd, Surkit. Cream my jockeys just thinking about his writing

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: I'm gonna eat all your seaweeds!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...I RP'ed with him once and left him hanging when I bounced...never left much of an impression on me :)

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maximus_newcastle said:

Hmm...I RP'ed with him once and left him hanging when I bounced...never left much of an impression on me :)

Gettin' to be a running gag with you ain't it :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice said:
@maximus_newcastle said:

Gettin' to be a running gag with you ain't it :P

I milk that shit like a dairy farmer.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By superstay

Warsman and Pyrogram (First to come to mind...)

d^_^b

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice:lol that's the best look for you too, lingering guy in a chair with quick jokes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: I was mostly joking, man.

On paper, Orpheus would probably win.

Against Maverick?

Loading Video...

Although, in all seriousness, Orpheus could give them a fight on his own.

Against the Knightfalls?

Well, Orpheus has advantages on some. But Andres has blogs where he has an extremely detailed view of all of his weapons. Nox can't do much to intangibility, but the infinity blade can f*** up practically most everything I see you have. Doesn't really matter though.

As for no selling well,

You have to come at Maverick in a way that logically works. That's mostly my only requirement. If it would work, it would work. If it wouldn't, it wouldn't. I think of ways for even my street tiers to do stuff to them and how they fair against higher tiers.

But, it hardly matters, especially when people aren't quite so concrete. Coming here with a battle forum mentality isn't really the way to do it. Then again, Maverick gets away with being powerful because

• I don't brag (Or, I try not to.)
  • They're most human appearing and rather different.
  • People tend to sleep on them.
  • Maverick takes a faction of what is usually jobbers and makes them into a threat.

They are hardly unstoppable and there are ways to fight them. You just....didn't use them. It's like you were trying to chop a tree down with a baseball bat.

@percival said:
@percival said:
@maverick_6 said:

Oftentimes, you put yourself in a situation where it's easy to roast you, though, like when you covered dead Quintus in nanites at his funeral and in the presence of practically god-tier characters...

Pretty much this. I like seeing anyone get roasted and to roast pretty much anyone. it isn't specific to you. You just make it extremely easy.

Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: I was mostly joking, man.

On paper, Orpheus would probably win.

Against Maverick?

Although, in all seriousness, Orpheus could give them a fight on his own.

Against the Knightfalls?

Well, Orpheus has advantages on some. But Andres has blogs where he has an extremely detailed view of all of his weapons. Nox can't do much to intangibility, but the infinity blade can f*** up practically most everything I see you have. Doesn't really matter though.

As for no selling well,

You have to come at Maverick in a way that logically works. That's mostly my only requirement. If it would work, it would work. If it wouldn't, it wouldn't. I think of ways for even my street tiers to do stuff to them and how they fair against higher tiers.

But, it hardly matters, especially when people aren't quite so concrete. Coming here with a battle forum mentality isn't really the way to do it. Then again, Maverick gets away with being powerful because

• I don't brag (Or, I try not to.)
  • They're most human appearing and rather different.
  • People tend to sleep on them.
  • Maverick takes a faction of what is usually jobbers and makes them into a threat.

They are hardly unstoppable and there are ways to fight them. You just....didn't use them. It's like you were trying to chop a tree down with a baseball bat.

@percival said:
@percival said:
@maverick_6 said:

Pretty much this. I like seeing anyone get roasted and to roast pretty much anyone. it isn't specific to you. You just make it extremely easy.

Like I said, stronger character =\= better character. I start with a power and then work around a weakness.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurrent: That's like a who's who of classic RP'ers

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MTH_

Pyro, mercy, gambler, while I never actually interacted with them the idea that one day I might was what encouraged me in the early days and their level of writing was the standard by which I hoped my writing could eventually reach

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: It was like 7 years ago, didn't feel like that long, but yeah all the studs were in that.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurrent: I looked at the people in the RP , and was like dang maybe a couple are still around in patches. Its the same with the crew i started with like 5 years ago.

_Lila_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl. 100%

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50 Feral Nova  Moderator

Kurrent (the man DID train me to be not as big of a hot mess lol) Sha (over twenty battles and Rp together later, I think she's had some influence lol) and Angelic Reaper (I probably wouldn't be here without her).