_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Avatar_

Mini-OOC:

The main story concept is the new fantasy-focused verse using resources found in a mixture of mythology, novels, films, and video games. Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Magic, Steampunk, Medieval sh#t, Dragons, Giants, Undead, ALL THAT; with us having complete control over it. This RP in particular is to open up and shape the universe with our own personal impact.

The actual RP is focused on three (or four) factions battling for control over the land of Aetharia- a continent on the planet of Sol. Each faction would have a General and two-three champions (characters directly controlled by US), and an army fitting of the faction in question. Generals would give the orders and form the strategies, and only fight on the battlefield if needed; the champions would join the NPC armies in the battles.

If this sounds familiar, I was inspired by two sources; an old RP @ownagepants: made, and the soon-to-come MMORPG Elder Scrolls Online. Not trying to rip-off, just trying to adapt some old stuff. Still, I give some credit :s

The Factions

Clans of Frostfall

No Caption Provided

A standard race of Viking-esque warriors who have survived in and tamed the cold northern lands of Frostfall. The vast majority of their forces are seemingly standard infantry; however, living in the harshest of places seems to have unlocked the full physical potential of these warriors; all of whom are a good bit above normal humans. Despite their bestial inhabitants, some still have mastered the ways of magic; the few mages who inhabit these lands are masters of ice and wind magics. In addition to their human inhabitants, the Clans have been knowing to bring Ice Giants, Mammoths, and even on occasion dragons to the battlefield.

Members (Full)-

Cities/Forts/Towns-

Clockwork Legion

No Caption Provided

Most of the human scholars and wizards formed an alliance with the technologically-adept Dwarves in the west at the beginning of the second age. Although this was meant more so to be an exchange knowledge, it grew into a full-fledged military force of it's own.

When the Legion goes to war, most of the sentient inhabitants stay behind a wall of clockwork automatons in all shapes and sizes; flinging spells or firing away with steampunk guns, or drop primitive bombs down from above via their airships.

Members (Full)-

Cities/Forts/Towns-

Lordship of Shadowvale

No Caption Provided

The southern lands of Shadowvale are obscured by a huge, light-devouring forest of dead trees. Story goes that in the first age, a secret society of greed-filled rulers made a deal with creatures from realms of insanity and darkness. These lords were given the powers of necromancy, beast-blood, and vampiric immortality; in exchange for unlives of servitude. One of the most terrifying factions to face in battle, they lead huge armies of the undead (though the blunt of these forces are skeleton-zombie canon fodder). Werebeasts, Liches, Flesh Golems, and Vampires are what glue this army together to create a macabre war-force.

Members-

Cities/FortsTowns-

The Eastern Colonies

No Caption Provided

Across the seas on the continent of Vaesir, the Elvish Kingdom is one of the two prominent powers; the other being the Estarii Empire (but that's another story). Although already a flourishing nation of it's own, the High Elven hierarchy wanted more; having heard the tales of Aetharia and it's loosely formed kingdoms, an armada carrying both an army and settlers was sent. Arriving on the eastern coastline, the nomad clans didn't stand a chance and retreated. By the coming of the third age, the Elvish colonies had built many cities of their foreign architecture and held the majority of the East. The laws in the colonies are all too similar to the Elvish Kingdom; High Elves rule as dukes and commanders, the Dark Elves serve beneath them as knights and soldiers, and the Orcs are little more than slaves in both the cities and in battle.

Members-

Cities/Forts/Towns-

The Chaos Clan

No Caption Provided

After gutting the ancient world with a vicious campaign of terror, even against their ancestral Frostfall brethren, the Chaos Clan embarked on a seemingly endless voyage for more enemies to sate their blood greed. Just as the war for Aetharia is about to begin, the horror of olden days migrated back to their home shores with a brutal purpose in mind. Those belonging to the Chaos Clan are extremely proficient at close-range combat, almost to the extent of eliminating the need of long-range fighters entirely. There are some sorcerers who practice spells from a distance, but most of the magic related to the Chaos Clan requires substantial amounts of blood and guts in order to produce the desired effect.

Members-

Cities/Forts/Towns-

(Note: Unknown means the person hasn't writted a character blog yet. Get to work! ;P)

Rules & Details Overview

• This will obviously require the creation of a new character; however, if you don't want to give up/create a new account for one, all I will require is a blog (I will collect said blogs and list them in the official OOC).
  • Three factions provide three opportunities to be a general and six opportunities to be champions; nine spots available in total.
  • If I somehow draw the attention of 12 people here, I'll open up the fourth faction in the East to be joinable.
  • Generals must be approved by me; overall, you have to be an active an creative writer to be one. Know that generals will rarely be doing any fighting themselves, but will instead be directing both the NPC armies and the two PC champions of their faction in the battlefield from afar (still on the battlefields, just not in direct combat).
  • Generals will always have some way of communicating with their troops; it's magic, people.
  • Champions are to be approved by myself and the Generals in question. They will be the ones fighting directly on the battlefields, infiltrating enemy fortresses, or attempting assassinations of enemy generals/champions.
  • This is meant to be an actual game/tournament; as in, your objective is to try and win- but make sure you all have fun doing it!
  • The 'prize' for winning, aside from winning, is having a setup for the new Vine fantasy-universe; this is just the opening. All of this will remain canon when the new verse is finalized.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ambitious undertaking. Could open up a new vein of activity.

Avatar image for cadmus_knightfall
Cadmus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm in

Atrocity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Atrocity_

Ambitious undertaking. Could open up a new vein of activity.

Yep.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AmazingAngel

Nice work dude, not a huge fantasy guy myself but if I ain't got much on my plate I might jump in. :)

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds interesting! sign me up, probably for the clockworks, i'll work on the blog tonight!

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

_Goliath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cadmus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is going to be fun

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadmus_knightfall: Remember; you can't be your exact character in this RP. You could be the fantasy universe's version, but not him exactly. :s

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want to be a general for the shadows.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're all fcked.
You're all fcked.

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the end of this, the clans and the lords are gonna be beggin' for mercy from the Clockworks!

CLOCKWORKS FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was my first major rp failure back when i was still a total noob .Glad something good came out of it though.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Avatar_

@ownagepants: I really liked the idea, just felt you left it a bit bare-bones. Hope you don't mind.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: Ya like I said that was my first real rp it just never took off because I really had no idea what i was doing at the time.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slowly but surely.

Gonna wait for the last few bios to get made.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: I hear you need someone for Shadowvale or has it been claimed

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@614azrael: Been claimed; but, if you'd still like to join, I could put you on hold for the semi-secret fourth faction.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is very innovative. Two thumbs up.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Avatar_

@lady_liberty: Do two positive thumbs added together equal one possible join-ee?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lady_liberty

@_avatar_: No, although if this had gone down at another time I'd have loved to join in.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: sure, mind shooting a pm on said 4th though so I can if nothing else brainstorm :)

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sakon_Ukono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sakon_Ukono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cadmus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atrocity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmmmmm.............

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: Dude, mind adding this account to the PM? =P

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: It starts with Darth and ends with Maul. (Atrocity_)

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently designing the unit spread-sheets.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ownagepants: Ooops! Sorry. Check out the army building thread btw!

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By _Avatar_

@mastermouse: @dark_vengeance_: @614azrael: In order for the actual war RPs to start, the generals must write their bios. I'm sorry to rush, but I don't want people getting bored and leaving.

Cadmus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: I'm not a general but I'm hoping to start a bio later tonight. Due to ongoing car trouble and being bombarded with work at college I'll do my best haha!

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By _Avatar_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@_avatar_: I'll have part of it up by tonight.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_vengeance_: As long as it comes with the basics I'll be fine with it; powers and such (besides stating he's a vampire) aren't required immediately.

Cadmus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atrocity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Atrocity_

@_avatar_: Yo, should I write my char's Bio as well?

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atrocity_:

Everyone 'should', lol. But until all the generals have written their bios there isn't much rush.

Atrocity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: Will work on it anyways. Hate to make people wait lol