The Wanderers (Team Location Thread)

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pyrogram: Well, to be fair nobody would have really scored that free kick at will. There's always a bit of luck needed for goals scored from that distance LOL. What seemed to have happened was him overestimating the distance and putting a little too much power into the shot. Either way, this isn't his last World Cup. He'll be 31 by the next World Cup in 2018. If he doesn't win that one then well, it's over, I doubt he'll be playing at the age of 35.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@la_espada: Do many players continue playing by the age of 35? I think it'll be a shame for arguably one of the greatest football players to have ever lived to not have won a world cup. You never know though, a man of his caliber, and fitness, 35 could be young...But I don't know the oldest age of football players so meh

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

: )

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Not at all, it's extremely rare. Germany's player, Miroslav Klose, the one who broke the record for most goals scored in World Cup games is 36 and while he can still play, he's nowhere near the player he once was. And the only other notable players around that age that made the World Cup were Andrea Pirlo (35) and Buffon (36) both for Italy. Typically only the very best players can play at the peak of their powers up until 30-31. After that it's just unheard of save for very very very rare cases. Pirlo is an example, but he was never a physically gifted player. He's a midfielder with exceptional touch, technique, vision and dribbling, but he's not fast or strong or has good stamina or anything. Football isn't conductive to players older than 31.

In any case, two players often argued to be the best of all time, Johan Cruyff and Alfredo Di Stefano have both never won the World Cup. Johan Cruyff took his team to the final like Messi, whereas Di Stefano never even played in a World Cup. And Messi's club career is much better than both of theirs.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada: Interesting. Messi will probably take after Klose and retain his skill but lose that stamina and speed. But he's still gonna be a valuable player, his eye for movement and such is really awesome to watch. Outta nowhere Messi chances and just scores or skills up some player, passes, and delivers a set-up. I mean some people are naturally gifted and speed and stamina, anyone can have, but that inclination to just know what to do with the ball, only the greats have. I kinda went off topic there, but I'm hoping Messi continues till 35.

I'm sad we never saw Argentina Vs Portugal :P

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Messi's main attributes are dribbling, vision, passing ability, and above all, ridiculous ball control. He's a small man so his low center of gravity will always be there to keep him on his feet after rough challenges for the ball. What he'll lose is definitely speed and stamina (maybe). I'm not so certain he'll lose his stamina though because Messi follows a very strict diet and physical regimen with the advice of various doctors and trainers, which is why he's almost never injured. As for speed, he's fast but he's not like a Ronaldo or a Bale who are clearly some of the fastest players on the planet. What Messi really has is acceleration. He is so fast when darting forward for the first few seconds, and because of his energy-conserving style of play and brief bursts of acceleration, he'll probably be roughly the same player in 2018.

There was an article I remember reading that certified that the greatest players of the game have an inherent ability to read the game and make correlations between particular tactics etc. to know exactly what to do with the ball, anticipate things before they happen, and make decisions faster than everyone else. It's why Ronaldo even with one of his legs severely injured since before the tournament, still managed to chain-dribble past three US defenders in the tightest space possible. It's why Pirlo managed to do this:

That was one of the most brilliant fakes I've ever seen. The great players have a greater spatial and positional awareness than others.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada: The fake was almost beautiful, that's the type of thing you can only execute if you preempt a situation and execute it perfectly. I am only going to be guessing here, but most players are probably reactionary, they see, and then respond. The greats like Messi, Pirlo and Ronaldo for example, in their head they are already thinking about their next moves, anticipating who's going to tackle them and where, and what there're going to do. It must be amazing to have that much spatial and positional awareness at such an instant degree. It's like tennis players, they don't see the ball, they anticipate it's trajectory and place the bat where they assume the balls going to land. That sounds easy but when we're talking of miniature balls flying at 200MPHs for hours on end, that's almost a superhuman feat LOL It's astonishing how these sportman can pull off feats such as this, truly astonishing.

Angela_Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1458  Edited By Angela_Lee

@la_espada: Her eyes shifted from patient to patient, more and more suffering from ills and effects of a flu that seemed to spread like wildfire. “Drink this.” Assuring a patient wellness with an herbal concoction that she specifically made herself, though it was no cure it did help soothe his pain, for now. Due to their lack of medical knowledge and with the world around her was still developing; the witch had no cure or permanent remedies to calm the influenza that struck the West Coast like a tidal wave. “He’s not breathing!” one nurse from a distant cried out, “Hang on, I’m coming. Edward I’m going to be right back.” Informing her patient, the witch rushed to the other nurse’s side and her patient but the quick span of time that she made her run the man had already lost his life. “He’s dead.” She said somberly, the whole area and even the atmosphere matched her tone of lifeless voice.

She felt helpless as she watched the nurse moving her dead patient’s body to the morgue. Death was very much alive and not even she could escape its presence. Broken away from her thoughts on life and back to the harsh reality she lived in, the witch continued to her duties to help those in needs. As another injured was transferred under her care, the witch saw something familiar, markings on his neck indicating he had been bitten by an animal or worse, a vampire. His heart beat began to pump faintly and he was slowly dying, he was in transition to begin his new life as a night walker. Taking him the morgue the witch planned to spare what little magic she could draw to find out why the vampires left him to die instead of taking him as one of their members. Was there an unknown agenda that the vampires were making and if so, would it relate to the upcoming war and murders that had transpire before? Filled with so much questions and no answer, the witch hoped to find her answers through the use of memory. Though since he was dead, the witch opted to use his essence that was still lingering for the time being, but before she could utter her incantations to make contact another nurse had entered the area. Startled, the witch pretended to check his body for marks to draw away the attention that had fallen on her. “Animal attacks.” She said cooly, informing the other nurse who responded on such repetitive occurrence “Well that’s nothing new. At least he’s already dead and is no longer suffering any more pain like those in the main room.”, “Yeah…” the witch said, almost in a guilty and subtle way.

Just as the other nurse left, the red head followed suit, but first she had to do something privately. Knowing the dead would awaken soon she took precautions to prevent so, “Bruler le coeur.” using a spell of French origin, the witch whispers it thrice as she held the two side of his temple, once she had finish she then reached into her hex bag and pour a good amount of grounded substance into his mouth, finishing the spell. She then exited from the morgue to see a man, someone she found highly attractive, standing tall in a room of diseased people talking to a doctor with their conversation remaining private. “C.” the doctor called out, “Yes.” responding as she walked to the private circle, “This is a detective. Your more well equip with the knowledge he’s seeking. Talk to him.” As the doctor walked away and back to his post, the witch smiled as she awaited the questions from the new handsome visitor. Clearly someone else and the doctor requested her for her credentials regarding the murders.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: They are reactionary. It's like with almost any sport. You practice and practice until everything becomes instinctive and reliant on muscle memory. The greatest players however have greater mental awareness, spatial awareness, creativity, and the ability to make faster, more efficient decisions based on what they observe and have observed and compared mentally with other observations. I mean just look at this: https://vine.co/v/MTlWU9E3K53/embed

Exactly. I think all elite athletes have this kind of ability. In the UFC for example, Anderson Silva had it in spades, it helped his reflexes and head movement a lot. Anthony Pettis also showcased it when he landed his Showtime Kick on Benson Henderson.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1460  Edited By Pyrogram

@la_espada: How does Ronaldo even do that! Man, that's like something you'd see them do in a FIFA Game or something xD It's one of those type of foot control that you dream of doing with your friends, I actually laughed out loud watching that skill xD

Anderson Silva was doing the matrix, and Machida's interceptions were calculated as fk too.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I remember when I saw him do that in the match and the bar just went silent LMAO.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada: Hahaha, really? LOL Sometimes things like that are just priceless lmfao

Peak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That ship does what now ? He thought with a confused look on his face trying to understand the words that came out of the man that was leaning on ship's wall.He rub his temples for about four second before he spoke again."Seriously that ship has time machine on it .... A real time machine ?" Pyrrhus almost laugh but he had heard weirder things that were true ."So ,Peak your ship the Voyager has a time machine , how did that happen ?" He lean forward on the edge of seat hoping to get answer to his question .

"The ship does not have a time machine, it is a time machine." He chuckled, amused by the man, and realizing it had started him a bit more than firstly anticipated. "You see my friend, I am a traveler, I enjoy the life of luxury, indulging in exotic worlds and seeing the beauty of the universe. Time...Allows me to see even more, you see?" He smirked. "As for the machine...I stole it." It was true.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how come RP teams don't make accounts for themselves anymore?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1466  Edited By DwRonin

@pyrogram: Like a Wanderers account to post team members and team history

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@peak: A smirk cracked across Valken's face; he began to pace back and forth, his hands folded behind his back. "It leads to a long lost Mayan treasure. The treasure itself is composed of thousands of items, and is said to fill the room which holds it."

Valken stopped pacing, "There is but one item of value amongst the thousands in there and nobody knows what it looks like."

He paused for a moment, hesitating to find the words he was searching for, "That one item is said to grant great power - exactly what that power is, is also unknown. The trick however, is that no man can take any more than one item from the room. If he chooses the wrong item, he becomes cursed."

He pointed towards the map, "That map indicates where the treasure can be found, but it also has a clue where we might find another clue on what exactly that item might be."

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: No point, I just use Peak for that :P

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Yeah but your bio is heavily on your character. A team account would be good to do a small description of each team member, a description of what the teams object is, and a description of it's history. Plus you can tag links of passed RPG's and whenever the CVnU cannon thread gets updated your teams page can be linked into it and look official.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1470  Edited By Pyrogram

@dwronin: If I were really bothered, I could just do a blog and attach it to the OP or something.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Sure you could, I'm just pointing out an account is way better haha

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: Way better is debatable, I personally think it's a waste of time and nobody actually cares reading it 99% of the time lol

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Oh god, so this is what being in a pyrogram debate is like? LOL ok you're right (y)

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peak:

When Pyrrhus head the words that ship is the time machine his mind was blown.How can something like be time travel even but he knew that answer would be more difficult to answer and makes his head hurt.This whole encounter seemed to be going really weird but then again so is a lot of other things that he dealt for the past ten years. He was about to ask him about the worlds that he have seen but there was one word the made him cringe and the smirk that Peak gave didn't help out.

"What do you mean you stole it because are you a Robin Hood or a Master Thief?"Pyrrhus gave Peak a serious face. This whole thing now became a question wither this guys was a Robin Hood or just some master thief that just like like stealing things .

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1475  Edited By Pyrogram

@dwronin: To be honest I also like having the OP as my account so I can edit the OP easier. I don't wanna change accounts every time I have to do something, I mean, what's really the difference between a blog and an accounts bio? Nothing, only what you attach to it. Plus the team has not got much history now, so there's nothing really to add.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1478  Edited By Pyrogram

@shadowswordmaster: Pyrrhus is a cool character, I can see him eventually allying with Peak :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I'm out, be back tomorrow.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1480  Edited By Arquitenens
Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That wasn't almost beautiful; that was dead sexy.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@shadowswordmaster: Pyrrhus is a cool character, I can see him eventually allying with Peak :P

What do you like about him ?

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

What do you like about Pyrrhus ?

Retriever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada said:

That wasn't almost beautiful; that was dead sexy.

Some of us find beauty in the agony of defeat. >:)

http://bestfunnygifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Liverpool-captain-steven-gerrard-kick-fail.gif

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angela_lee:

Though advised to focus his investigative efforts on the hospital, Santiago encountered ambiguous degrees of success. Doctors and nurses alike provided varying accounts, none of which detailed the crucial bit of information he sought, the who and the why behind the orchestrated assassinations. Issuing several respectful inclinations of the heads and tame smiles of genuine gratitude, the Black Viper reevaluated the situation and very nearly departed from the hospital, intent on resuming his investigation elsewhere. It was not until however, a frantic and enthusiastic surgeon directed his attention towards one particular nurse, one that was certain to offer some form of palpable contribution to the investigation. Turning to cast a succinct gaze her way, he caught sight of her.

Her silky red hair was not unlike a fountain of liquid rubies, complimenting her elegant flair and inherent beauty. Genially meeting her gaze and smile with a winsome smile of his own, the Black Viper approached, "Tis a pleasure, bella", the exotic notes of his Spanish accent perfectly complimented the smooth enthrallment of his voice's intrinsic suavity. Mildly stepping forward, cutting into her personal space with bold allurement, the Spaniard establishes terse yet enticing physical intimacy as he plants a charming, introductory kiss on her left cheek, while his right hand gallantly caresses hers with gentlemanly character. Coolly breaking from the moment of brief flirtation to resume his duty as a supposed detective of the times, Santiago introduces himself, conducting himself with a compelling combination of cordiality and social star quality.

"Detective Santiago Porthos", he smiles, flashing his inauthentic police badge, he resumes, "I've come to inquire about the recent assassinations to have occurred in the area encompassing this hospital. Are you familiar with any of the rumors behind the murders? And do you know of anything that could possibly assist this investigation? Potential witnesses, leads, for example?".

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wolf of Wall Street is an awesome movie.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1488  Edited By Pyrogram

@arquitenens: If you think that was dead sexy, go watch some of Ronaldo (funny face guy), he'll do things that'll blow ya mind :P

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Annnnd don't think I've forgotten about you, hooded justice.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_: I'm going to work in 2 minutes, I'll come home and write the post afta :P

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1491  Edited By _Creed_

@pyrogram: Well I gotta work in a few hours too, but I will have a post up the same day you post. Like a user who has sauce on that one gif, I'll be posting.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrYashimora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: your evil now when this happen O_o

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. What next!

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@shadowswordmaster: He seems really realistic, you have good characterization with him.

I never thought about that before ?

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't love Holly Holm any more than I do right now hehe.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers