The Walking Dead: RPG

Kingsley Kaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kingsley Kaine

The second we put a bullet in the head of one of those monsters... The moment we drove a hammer into one of their faces... Or cut a head off... We became what we are. We are surrounded by the dead. We're among them and when we finally give up, we become them! We're living on borrowed time here. Every minute of our life is a minute we steal from them! You see them out there. You know that when we die, we become them. You think we hide inside these walls to protect us from the walking dead? Don't you get it?

No Caption Provided

Chapter 1: Idle Hands

'No-one knows what caused it, but one day, the dead started walking. It came out of nowhere, sudden, like an earthquake, one that would change America, and maybe the world, forever. The bite of a walker is worse than a death sentence, it's a guarentee that you'll become one of them, unless you put a bullet in your own head... Or let someone else do it for you. 

It's been two months now, and still no word from the outside. We don't even know if there's anyone alive out there. We could be the last humans left on the planet. Me and my family were shopping at the mall when they came. It was pure panic, chaos that they created. No-one realized what was happening at first, we figured it was just a few geeks in costume. Then people started getting eaten. Doesn't matter what kind of shit you see in life, nothing prepares you for seeing that, seeing people around you getting torn apart. We headed back to the mall just before the lockdown. Those doors were closed... And we haven't opened them since.

Course, just cause there were no Walkers didn't mean we were safe. A few of the guys on the inside got bitten. Back then we didn't know what that meant. Figured it just meant they were lucky they didn't get killed. My son, Artie... He got a big bite taken outta his arm. Then he got the fever, started getting ill, hallucinating... We couldn't do anything, no medication could help or even slow him down... He died. My boy died, in my wife's arms. If only... If only we knew then what we know now... He was dead, but he came back... As one of them. A walker. He bite my wife's face off. He killed Alison. I was able to keep Rosie safe, but like I said... Artie wasn't the only one who was infected. They all died and came back at the same time. And when they came back, the panic and chaos returned with them. Over half of our group were wiped out that day. We dumped the bodies out through an upstairs window, didn't want to take any chances. It was hard. I held onto Alison as long as I could, but... It was a lost cause. In the end, she asked me to put her down.

We're past all that now, locked up inside. No walkers, no danger, right? We're safe. But still no word from the rest of the world. And with no-one allowed outside, we don't have any freedom. We're trapped in a cage, while the monsters taunt us from the outside. It's too much for some people. I'm scared, truth be told. Not of the walkers, not them... No, I'm scared of these total strangers I got myself locked up with. They look to me as their leader, and that's not a title I chose. It's human nature, to push responsibility onto the next guy. I'm that guy. And these poor suckers are expecting me to lead them to safety, to fix this mess and make it all better again. 

But I don't think I can. I'm just some guy who wants his daughter to have the best life she can. Kinda slim hope in this new world we live in. We're secure here for the moment, enough food to last us years. It's the water that worries me. We're running low. Running water is something we haven't had for weeks. I could send a group out to get some more, but where from? Besides, the parking lot is crawling with the freaks, always has been. Still... One of these days we're going to have to make a move. We can't stay here forever. That's why I'm sending out this message. If anyone is out there... Please, help us. 

May God have mercy on us all, 
Kingsley Kaine'

Kingsley let his hands linger on the keyboard for a while, before moving to the mouse and choosing to send the message. This was a website Cohcoa had set up for him, a way of communicating with the outside world. Somehow the internet was still up and running, even if nothing else was. Standing up and picking up his trusty shotgun, the King rested the weapon against his shoulder and walked out of the computer store. Cohcoa was the only other person who knew about these messages to the outside world... Unfortunately, everytime the site was checked it gave the same results. Zero replies. Zero views. He was also reposting the same video diary on YouTube everyday, with the same results. There was no-one out there. 

It was early morning, the huge clock hanging above the entrance showed that it was quarter to seven in the morning. Kingsley and Ashleen, the head chef of the group, had long ago gotten into a routine. All the food was frozen to preserve it, so everything had to be thawed before it could be eaten. 7AM was breakfast pickup, where the food for breakfast would be gathered from the freezers and taken back to the tents, which were set up in the large, empty food court. They would also set out lunch to defrost at this time. At 1PM lunch would be picked up and dinner would be left out. Then, at 8PM, dinner was picked up. Breakfast was left out to defrost at 3AM by whoever was on night duty at the time. By the time Kingsley had made it to the Megastore where the freezers were kept, it was ten to. Normally Ashleen was very early... 

"Not like her." Kaine noted, his eyes surveying his surroundings like a hawk. He decided to go for a little walk and try to find his cook. The mall was empty at this time, but it wasn't very scary. Daylight was blasting through the huge windows and the walkers always seem to make more noise at night-time. When the mall was full of darkness and the monsters were at their loudest... That was scary. The night watch wasn't recommended for the faint-hearted. After a lot of walking, he finally found Miss Wilson. She was sitting on a bench, hunched over and playing with something in her hands. Her blonde hair hung down and obscured her face. Resting his gun against the wall, Kingsley slowly sat down next to her and leaned forward, twisting his head and trying to make eye contact. "Word around camp is you didn't sleep much last night." King began, chewing on an unruly thumbnail. "What's the matter, Ash?"
Avatar image for _levy_jack_krohl
_Levy_Jack_Krohl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By _Levy_Jack_Krohl

The sun peeked over the evergreen trees and an old white pickup rolled down the road. The truck drove into town as the shops and restaurants started to open. Not much happened in this town aside from the mall. The driver took a turn and drove up to his house, parking in the driveway. He set a heavy boot down on the cracked cement and stepped out, slamming the door to his rusty old truck behind him. He was tall and a bit overweight with grey and black beard. He wore a tan fisherman's hat that matched his pants. Levy Jack Krohl was his name, a Vietnam veteran and disliked by most of the community. Walking around to the tailgate, he reached in back and grabbed a compound hunting bow and quiver of arrows. He slung the quiver over his shoulder and walked up to the house. Setting down the bow and arrows down on the porch, he opened the door and walked inside, wiping his feet on the mat.   

Levy looked to the end of the hallway and saw his wife standing at the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee. "Mornin'." He said as he set his hat on the rack. He walked into the kitchen and Sindy smiled warmly. "Morning." she replied, "Tommy's comin'  later today." Levy ran his fingers through the coarse hairs on his chin. "It'll be good to see 'im again. Haven't seen him sense we went up to Chicago in... what was it... '97? He was real little back then."  Sindy chuckled, "It's a long time to be away from family." she said. "I can't stand the city." he grumbled, "Don't like to feel closed in like that." 

It was later in the morning when Levy drove up to the bus station. He rolled up and saw his nephew Thomas, a tall, skinny teenager who looked out of his element. Levy kicked open the door. "Hop in." he said. Thomas tossed his luggage into the back and climbed in the passenger seat. "Hey, Uncle Levy." he said. "Hey. You went n' got big on me!" Levy said jokingly. Thomas laughed along nervously, glancing at the knife on his uncle's belt. They both went silent and glanced in the same direction when they heard the sudden crack of gunfire. Out on the other end of town, a pillar of black smoke ascended into the sky. "Now what the hell issat all about?" Levy asked under his breath. The gunfire continued and Levy pressed down on the gas, driving back towards his house. They glanced out onto the sidewalks to see people walking down the street, limping, blood running down their arms and legs. "What in god's name...?" Levy picked up speed. The sights only got more grotesque as they went, a complete row of houses burning to the ground, people taking broom handles and bats to the injured folks on their lawn. Why? What was happening? They took the road up to his house and saw a large group of injured folks together, piling on his front door! There must have been between fifteen and twenty. Levy parked his car and jumped out. "Stay in there!" he ordered Thomas. "Hey!" he shouted to the trespassers, unsheathing the hunting knife on his belt, "Get the hell off my property or I'll skin you alive!" Suddenly, one of them tried to tackle him. Levy pushed back and tried to twist free of his grip. The attacker's eyes were cold, his pupils were glazed over and milky white. His skin had gone pail and clumps of hair had fallen from his head. Levy put his knife to the man's throat and gritted his teeth, "Don't make me..." he growled, "Don't make me, you son of a bitch." The man opened his mouth, bellowing a long, terrifying moan through a row of splintered and decaying teeth. Levy immediately ran the blade cross his neck, slitting his throat. A moment passed and only then did the blood slowly begin to trickle out. Still, the man stood and stared at Levy, "Brrrrrr..." he moaned, blood staining his clothes. Levy was perplexed and quickly jabbed his knife into his temple. When he yanked the blade out, he finally fell to the ground dead. When he turned to the crowd, they began moving into the house. "AAEEEEIE!"came a woman's cry from inside. "LEEEEVY!" Levy's eyes went wide and he ran around the side of the house as fast as his old joints could carry him. "Sindy!" he shouted, racing up the staircase to the screen door leading right into the kitchen. He could already see the attackers moving around inside.  

Levy kicked in the door and quickly stabbed a nearby man in the head. He glanced to his right to see the others swarming around Sindy who was backed up against the counter. Blood stained her clothes as they ripped at her. Levy reached for her. "Sindy!" he shouted, "Baby take my hand!" She reached as tears streaked her face, but she couldn't reach. "TAKE MY HAND!" He cried desperately. She reached for his hand, but with a cruel rip from one of the men, her eyes widened in shock and then drifted shut, her hand falling to her side. "Baby! Baby, no! No!" Thomas ran up behind him and grabbed his shoulder, "Uncle Levy, we gotta go!" he begged. "NO!" Levy cried, thrashing violently as his wife lay dead on the floor. "NOOOOOO! NOOOO!" The attackers slowly began to turn their attention to him. "Come on, Uncle Levy!" said Thomas, pulling him out of the house. Levy held his fist tight around his knife and stared with malicious intent to the horde inside the house. "I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!"He roared, finally running towards the truck, making a stop to grab his bow and arrow by the front door. The two drove off through the town, Levy not saying a word, choking back tears. They drove through the town, down every street and every road for nearly half an hour. Finally, Levy looked over to Thomas who was frightened and curled up in the passenger seat. "Open the glove compartment." he said. Thomas opened the compartment to find a 1911 Colt pistol and a box of ammo. "Load that gun." he ordered. Thomas, sniveling and wiping his eyes, did as his uncle told him, trying to figure out how to load the bullets into the clip. "Good." said Levy, "And sit up straight, dammit. At least act like you've got a pair." He steered the truck down the road heading towards the mall. There were already over a dozen of them standing around the parking lot. Several stood at the end of the lane in which they were driving. Levy stared them down but they didn't move. "Hold on." he said, flooring the gas peddle and ramming into them. He brought the truck to an abrupt halt and they both jumped out. "Go, go, go, go, go!" Levy shouted, grabbing his bow and arrows from the back. When they got to the door, they saw that it was barricaded. Levy smacked his palm against the glass. "Hey, open up!" he shouted, "Open up, god dammit!" Meanwhile, the mysterious attackers, who had suddenly gathered in number, began to close in all around them. Someone finally came and threw aside part of the barricade and let them in. It was a man in a white dress shirt and slacks. "Get in!" he shouted. Thomas and Levy ran into the mall and the man tried to shut the door, but not before an arm reached through and grabbed him. Another grabbed his ankle and they pulled until he fell to the floor. "AAGH!" he cried as their teeth sank into his calf, gnawing and ripping away muscle. He stretched out his hand, begging someone to help him but they pulled him the rest of the way out the door where the others piled on and ate him alive. One stood in the doorway, about to advance on them when an arrow shot dead center through his skull and he fell to the floor dead. "Close up that damn door!" Levy ordered. 

Two Months Later

Levy sat on the top floor of the mall, looking down at everything going on below. The other survivors scurrying around like ants, the zombies, that's what they called them, zombies, wallowing around in their own bloody filth and waiting for a chance to feast. He looked down at all of this and, in his loneliness, he wept. 
Brooke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Brooke

Everything happened so.. fast. The next thing i knew there was nothing but Hell everywhere i looked. I'm.. not even sure if anyone is even left besides the group that i'm with.. The reason why i'm a survivor is because of my obsession with zombie stuff. My older brother Edward had these books and video games that he used to have, when he moved to college i took them, and that's how i became knowledged in these things. It's simply easy, don't make a lot of noise, shoot them in the head, and your good.

It all began at lunch, I was sitting with my boyfriend Alex, and my two friends Katie and Evan. Alex has short brown hair, he wore a black t-shirt with blue jeans. Katie is a short blonde girl, that was incredibly funny. She wore a purple tank top, with faded jean shorts. Evan has long blonde hair, he wore a green shirt that matched his eyes, and some black skinny jeans. 

It was like everyday, until a student who had been lying down at his lonely lunch table rose from his seat. The four of us watched him as he walked to the table across from his, when he black hood fell down we could see how pale his skin was.. how lifeless his eyes were. The group of preppy students stared at him, each of the idiotically swearing at him, so he could just go away and leave him alone. Looking at the kid's clothing i could see that he didn't have an ID, which showed he must have either been to lazy to wear it, or he didn't go to the school. I'm going with the second one.

Once the strange kid took a bite of this one blonde kid's arm. It was like someone had literally released Hell in the cafeteria. Looking around i saw that there had been these two large doors that had been opened, now anyone could just walk right in. Evan pointed out that there had been more like that guy walking around slowly, like they were waiting for the right moment to attack. This was going to fucking suck. Katie pulled on my long white sleeve, wanting to leave the school. We as a group stuck with her decision. Grabbing our lunch trays we ran to the doors, figuring that the students who've already ran out of the building had already been attacked the walkers, it gave us a chance to get farther from the school, and it did. Hoping into Alex's car, we drove as far as we can.  

We drove to each of our houses, hoping to see our family members.. sadly none of them were there.. The last place we went had been my house, and since it was no close to night time we decided to crash there for the night. Tomorrow was Saturday, and we set out for some place new. Since we couldn't exactly live at my house forever, from watching movies i knew that there had to be others heading to the mall.

When we got to the mall, it was literally right before lock down had occurred. When walking inside the four of us sat in a little circle, without even knowing it.. waiting for the worse to happen. Alex pulled some weed out of his pocket, before i knew it he was already smoking it, i knew by just the look of his eyes that he thought he might as well since we were gonna die. I planned to prove him wrong. Katie, Evan, and i were luckily smart enough not to take a hit.

When looking towards the others that had been in the mall, we all stood up. Alex, stupid and high stood as close to me as he could. Katie and Evan were standing towards my right. We were in now safe from all of those creatures outside. Walking closer to them i could see that some were bitten. It was to late for them.I wasn't sure what to say.. There was a little kid, that had been bitten. Should i tell his family that when he dies he'll become one of the undead? Or wait for him to turn on his family..  

As i was about to i was caught off guard when Alex yelled. When i turned around i saw one of the walkers biting him in the right side of his neck. There must have been one last one that had been walking around when we least expected it, they're silent. Now my boyfriend is gone, there is nothing i could do to even save him now.. 

I screamed, and it was like it had caused a domino effect. The injured who had passed away were now coming back as the walkers. Sh!t. Evan did a spin kick type of move that knocked the walker off his feet that had bit.. Alex.. The three of us ran from his corpse.  

After we lost over half of the group, i watched Katie as she helped them throw the bodies through a window. To be honest, it was better to not have the corpses anywhere near us. While my two friends were asleep, i would go by myself looking around the mall. It was kinda cool that i was able to find a drug store. I carried this purse with me that i found in one of the stores, and i loaded it up with as much medication as i could find. If someone needed it, instead of searching for this place, i could just hand it to them..  

I'm currently writing this in a cool looking diary i found, it had actually been two months since then. Nothing too big had happened since around that time, besides a shortage in water. I also forgot to mention this. My name is Brooke, right now i'm a survivor, and i plan to keep it that way.

Present time 

Brooke woke up to see Katie sleeping next to her, turning over she saw Evan staring up against the ceiling. Pulling out a lighter and a package of cigarettes. She then lit on, and held the box towards him. "Want one?" She said after she blew out a puff. "Not now.." From his depressing tone of voice she knew something was wrong. "What's wrong?" He turned to her with a worried look in his emerald eyes. "Sooner or later.. we are gonna have to leave to leave this place.. I just have a feeling something bad is gonna happen when we do."    
TJ_viper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TJ_viper_

“Feeling pretty psyched. It's the end of the world as we know it. It's the end of the world as we know it. It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine .” The song blasted from the cabin of the helicopter as it soared through the skies over the crowds of the undead. Inside three soldiers sat behind the two pilots, one of them held onto the seat of one of the pilots as he looked out the window, the other two sat in the back. “You know your chose of music seems a bit too much private,” the one looking out the window said to the other soldier in the back as he tapped on his rifle and bobbed his head back and forth. The other soldier who sat next to him sat there quietly he seemed troubled by the thought of even being near the undead.

“Hey Viper maybe you should learn to accept that the world’s gone to shit,” the soldier responded as he turned off the radio. “By the way Viper why did command take us out of our comfy underground safe haven and send us all the way to some mall?”

“Because they believe there may be survivors who need to be escorted out of there,” Viper as he was nicknamed moved back towards the other two soldiers. “So that’s why they only sent three of us in case well they turn out to be like those freaks who offered the last group to search for survivors as a sacrifice to the Walkers.” Viper grabbed onto the strap on the roof of the cab and leaned outside and saw a huge amount of Walkers crowding around the mall where the message was from, “alright it’s show time gear up, try and touchdown on the roof and if you don’t hear from us in ten then head back.”

Suddenly Viper felt himself get pushed aside to the point that he almost fell out of the door, then he saw the new guy holding a gun to one of the pilot’s head. “Turn around now I ain’t risking my life for some dumb civilians!” The other soldier pulled up his rifle and took aim at the crazed new guy, but swiftly he was shot and his rifle sprayed bullets throughout the inside of the chopper hitting everyone inside except Viper who was hanging outside by the strap attached to the inside. The chopper entered a spin and Viper barely managed to crawl back inside and towards the now dead pilots, he grabbed the stick and tried to avoid crashing into the many buildings as the helicopter plummet towards the horde of Walkers. When it slammed into the ground Viper flew up and his back smashed into the ceiling of the inside, he saw that he had crashed right in front of the mall doors and was about to make a dash for it.

Viper spat out some blood from his mouth as he stood up but he fell to the ground as he turned around a walker clung onto his leg. The Walker tried hard to bit him Viper shook his leg back and forth in an attempt to shake it off, finally with his free foot he crashed his boot into it’s head so hard that he heard it’s neck snap from where he sat. More Walkers poured into the helicopter as Viper drew his handgun and began to shoot at them he managed to stand up and swiftly took headshots at every Walker that approached him until his back was against the mall doors. Felling trapped Viper reached for his grenade belt and readied to toss it into the horde and kill himself along with them. But he was tripped again by a Walker and his belt was sent into the chopper, it exploded and a stray piece of scrap metal flew in and hit Viper in the head. Blood began to cover Viper’s eyes as they closed soon it would be over for him.    

Ash Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ash Wilson

If she was the only one having nightmares, then everyone else was psychotic. Ash had always been a heavy sleeper. Her family had always nagged her about how she slept through everything, especially her alarm clock. Now, when the nights were the worst time to be awake, her ability to sleep soundly evaded her. It seemed she couldn’t sleep more than a couple of minutes without some horrible image slipping free of her subconscious, sending her jolting upright. Most nights she was happy for the privacy of her tent. She hated the idea of anyone else seeing her cry.

It wasn’t the zombies that scared her. It was the idea of losing everything. The living corpses, the monsters that had trapped her and the small group of survivors in the mall weren’t nearly as terrifying as the panic they brought. Only two months ago Ash had lost her sister, Holly, in the chaos while escaping an airport. They’d been on their way to visit their parents in Florida. One stop on the way, one plane change. It made her sick just to think about how simple it should have been. And now it was all hell. Two whole months of hell. Of having to deal with the loss of total strangers who somehow meant as much to her as her sister. It wasn’t fare.

Sick of tossing and turning and hiding under her pillow to drown out the snoring of her fellow survivors, Ash tossed aside her sleeping bag and quietly slid out of her tent. Usually she only ever went for walks during the day, to clear her head and get some breathing room, but she’d get more privacy at night.

The little glowing numbers on her wristwatch informed her that it was 5:30. Way too early to do much else but take a stroll. She had no place to be until 7:00 when she and Kingsley unfroze the food. It was funny. Ash had always had a knack for cooking, but other than a few batches of cookies here and there she’d never really explored her abilities. Now she was preparing meals for a bunch of people she hardly knew on a daily basis. It was nice to have something to keep her idle hands busy. God forbid she take up knitting again.

With two and a half hours to spare Ash slipped past the dosing night watcher. Whoever it was, they were too bundled up in blankets for her to recognize. She admired the person, though. Night watch was always horrible.

The mall was big but Ash had explored nearly every corner at least twice. She had always been restless, hating the indoors. Being trapped inside day in and out was torture. Stretching her legs on her walks was all she could do from going insane most days. She was pretty sure she was one of the only people to have investigated the mall so thoroughly. Most of the other survivors liked to stay closer to the food court, though they all valued their own personal space. The deep, dark depths of the mall weren’t exactly all that welcoming either.

Ducking under a hanging security gate, Ash wound back into the recesses of the mall. She wasn’t sure how much of her knowledge of the backdoors in this place she wanted to divulge. It didn’t feel right keeping things from the group, especially Kingsley since he was pretty much in charge, but it was nice to have a place she could slip away to for ultimate privacy. Well, almost ultimate privacy.

“Psst, Holly. Come on sweetie. It’s okay. I brought breakfast.” Ash pushed open the door to a storage room. It was located in one of the back halls in the mall, the kind that employees, maintenance workers and security personal used to navigate the place more smoothly. This particular room only housed a few empty boxes.

Kneeling down Ash set down the bowl of food she’d picked up on her way. The boxes at the back of the room stirred and there was a squeak from a toy. Then a small Labrador puppy trotted out and excitedly licked Ash’s hands before turning happily to its breakfast.

“You’re lucky you’re so small or we’d have to worry about the pet store running out of food.” Ash smiled, patting the puppy on the back. “We’re already so low on water.”

Leaning back against the door Ash found her eyelids getting heavy for the first time in months. Holly finished eating and curled up on her lap, giving a contended yawn. It felt bad to keep secrets from the rest of the survivors, but Ash couldn’t help enjoying having something to herself after having lost so much.

On her way back to the food court Ash stopped by the fountain in the centre of the mall. It had been long since pumped dry and filtered for its precious water. Still, the skylights above made it a wonderful place to be in the morning. With a sigh Ash shone her flashlight on the glass tile basin that shimmered during the day. It didn’t have the same effect. But something else glistened brightly in the light, something that caught her eye. Stepping into the fountain Ash picked up the small object, a key marked with the letters MK. Finding a bench she sat down and rolled the key around in her hands. She’d been by the fountain hundreds of times, but she’d never noticed a key before. None of the group had the initials MK.

"Word around camp is you didn't sleep much last night." Ash nearly jumped out of her skin. She looked up to find Kingsley watching her closely, chewing his thumbnail. That habit always annoyed her. "What's the matter, Ash?"

“Actually haven’t been sleeping well most nights,” she shrugged, getting to her feet. “Not really that out of the ordinary. This, however, is a little weird.” She handed him the key, smoothing her thumb over the engraved letters. “I found it in the fountain. And trust me, it wasn’t there before.” 

Cohcoa_Fisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cohcoa_Fisher

Lying in a hammock suspended twenty feet in the air was a seventeen year old girl. Two ear buds, one in each ear, were plugged into a small radio. Next to the radio, was a flashlight that was turned on. She listened to static as the radio cycled through the stations in a loop, in hopes of finding one that showed signs of intelligent life. Dark, straight hair covered the right side of her face, hiding her right eye. Shifting back and forth, her gray left eye read tens of words per second from a book on computer hardware. Everything that she read she remembered. Finishing the book, she set it down at her side and closed her left eye. Sweeping her fingers along her forehead, she brushed the hair from her right eye. Closed, she slowly opened it. Trying every day, praying that one day she would be able to regain her... Black. Blind completely, from birth, in her right eye. Today, was going to be the same as any other day. Her name was Cohcoa Fisher, and she was the last survivor in her family. Her old life as a normal person was gone, she was now one of the few survivors. Trapped in a shopping mall along with a small group of people, she had held out for two months, but she didn't know how much longer some of the people would last against the walkers.

Analyzing the sunlight, Cohcoa could tell what time it was, time for the daily email with Kingsley. Bringing a small smile to her face, she untied the rope that was in a knot below her and slowly let the it slip through her fingers. This action would lower her hammock down towards the ground until it was only a few feet above the ground. Wearing a pair of Converse shoes, a knee length black skirt and a red short sleeved shirt, she slipped away from the main open area of the mall to the computer store. Inside, she met up with Kingsley. He was like an older brother to her, she was closer to him than with any of the other survivors. "Hey Kingsley." She gave him a hug. "We survived another night." Looking over her shoulder, as if someone was watching, she turned back towards her friend. Booting up one of the many computers, she input a pass-code to log in. Letting Kingsley take over, she watched over his shoulder as he typed out a message on a website she had made for the survivors. The internet was still working, and the electricity to power it was available in small quantities through rechargeable batteries charged with solar panels. After Kingsley had finished, they left the store and made their way back to the main gathering area.

Cohcoa was the one who had found the cache of solar panels and had climbed up to the roof to rig them. She was able to construct a large enough solar panel to provide enough power for half of an average household's electricity usage, at the cost of a full day of soaking up sunlight. There was a reason behind all of this, one that she had kept secret, except from Kingsley. Keeping her heart beating, is a pacemaker that requires her to continually replace the rechargeable batteries. Keeping extra batteries in case of a period without sunlight, she is reliant on the sunlight more than almost everyone knows. Along with the solar panels, Cohcoa has set up ten cameras around the outside of the shopping mall, each turned off most of the time, but able to be activated remotely every once and a while to check on the situation of the zombies. As the main defense, she has strung copper wire throughout the entire exterior of the mall, making a closed circuit, allowing any break ins by the walkers to open the circuit and sound an alarm. The mall was wired. Grabbing her breakfast, she sat down at a table with the others and quietly ate her food. Cohcoa had gotten used to the daily routine at the mall, the food, the conversations, the reading, etc.

Marcus_Korah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Marcus_Korah

"Video diary of Raide Arcadia, day.... Um, day... sixty-four? I think? I'm slowly losing track of the days, it's been roughly two months of hiding in this mall.  I volunteered for night watch again last night. I've seen how it affects the others when they get called for night duty, no matter what they always seem a bit worse for wear in the morning. I've always been more of a night person anyway, more comfortable in the dark. Just made it back, the sun was rising when I locked the door. I caught our chef, Ash, wandering off into the mall on her own right before sunrise. I didn't bother to ask her what she was doing, I spend nearly all of my time trying to avoid the others, why should I question her for doing the same? I don't think she noticed me watching, and somehow I get the impression she wouldn't have left if she had noticed. Either way, she wasn't trying to eat anyone so it's not my business.   

"Anyway, food is still plentiful. Water and power are starting to run thin. It hasn't gotten critical yet, but the shortages are starting to be more noticeable. If we want to stay in this place much longer we're going to have to start rationing more tightly. Not something I look forward to, tensions are already starting to mount. If we start trying to force more restrictions it's going to get violent. Kingsley has got his hands full trying to run this place. I wish him luck, it seems like he needs it. I'm not sure when exactly he became the leader of the group, it just kind of happened. To be honest I'm not even sure if he knows how it happened, deep down I'm pretty sure he's just as lost and overwhelmed as the rest of us are. He's done better than I ever could have, and at this point, I'm just glad it isn't me in the spotlight. 

"My various projects are comming together slowly, and I think I may have finally worked out all the kinks in my wind turbines. Bite-proof armor still needs a test run, not something any sane person would volunteer for, so it's on hold until further notice. Several of the 'zombait' noisemakers seemed to work when I threw them off the roof, but I'm not sure they're really practical. The only thing I'm really sure about is the fact that I've finally finished my own med-kit. It's the only thing I really knew anything about, and probably the only thing that isn't likely to fail horribly. I guess med-school is paying off now, even if I was only there for a year before everyone got eaten." 

Raide suddenly stopped babbling at the video camera she had set up on a tripod and glanced down at the small wristwatch she had laying on the desk next to her. With a sigh she scooped it up and put it back on her wrist and turned her attention back to the camera. "It's eight in the morning now... They've probably got breakfast ready, and the others have probably already grabbed their share. I should grab mine before anybody starts wondering where I am." Raide then leaned over and switched the small camera off and slid it out of the way against her desk. She leaned back in the office chair she had been sitting in and surveyed her room. The place had originally been a small electronics store on the second floor of the mall. Since then most of the displays had been soved out of the way against the walls or propped up and secured in place in front of the windows, blocking out all visibility. She had then affixed a large padlock onto the shop door and kept the only key on her at all times. At night while nobody else was watching Raide had smuggled in almost an entire pharmacy in medicine plus several dozen first-aid kits, an entire bedroom set from the nearby furniture store, a full month supply of clothing from the clothing store next door, several pairs of shoes, and nearly an entire case of books on do-it-yourself projects and several selections from the "for Dummies" series. Many of the desks and tables that were already in the store were now covered in a random spattering of junk, and the random projects that Raide kept herself busy with all the time. 

Raide sighed and chewed on her lip as she picked her way across the room from where she did her video diaries. She may not have any real clue what she was doing with any of the experiments, but it's not like she had much else to do. Her real expertise was in medicine, and everyone was so paranoid about getting hurt these days it almost never happened. She grabbed the blue duffel bag that contained her custom made med-kit and threw it over her shoulder, stopping at the door to pick up a bright red fireaxe propped against barricaded window next to the door. Then, Raide dug around in her pockets and eventually pulled out the key to her padlock. Prying the lock off and swinging the door open Raide was greeted by a sudden wave of sunlight. She shielded her eyes with one hand and squinted in the sudden brightness. Grumbling to herself about not being a day person she snapped the padlock back onto the door and tucked the key into her pocket. 

Raide sighed, rested her fireaxe on her shoulder, and made her way towards the little tent city in the foodcourt, already able to smell the morning meal that had been made. Keeping her eyes down and doing her best not to draw any attention to herself Raide made her way over to a small buffet style serving table and grabbed a plate of food before finding a seat away from the others and sitting down to eat. She was just silently hoping that she would be able to eat and get back to her room to go to bed for the day without anyone needing her for anything.
Colin_Grant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Colin_Grant

A figure was looming in the dark corner of the abandoned mall. The moonlight shone bright casting an eerie glance over half of its face. The cap hiding the intense glare of the figures eyes. Heavy breath could be heard from him. As the figure turned his head to his right and looked up, the moonlight covered his whole face, the slight slant of his eyes gave a hint on his Asian Chinese heritage, raising his cap to get a glance of the figures hair, his short black hair.

The looming figure was the 26th year old, Colin Grant. He glanced at his watch on his left wrist and sighed, while standing up Colin took a tight grab on his flashlight that was on his right side and stood up grunting. He walked briskly towards WHSmith, where he spent most of his time during the day, reading strategies books and more. Colin took a peek in the bookstore and then continued his routine. As the night became darker and the moon started to move away from the mall it was harder for Colin too see, bumping into things and cursing something on Chinese. The chattering of people started to get louder as he quickly paced towards it. A light could be seen from where Colin was standing. As he walked inside where people slept and hang around most of the time, turning off his flashlight, Colin looked around as he was walking towards his bed, his comfortable water bed.

When reaching his bed, Colin was few minutes sitting at the bed side. His head covered in his hands , thinking about what is left of the outside world.
“Oh my god.” Colin said, it could be heard in his tone that it wasn´t all that good tone. As a tear fell down his cheek and then more and more.

Colin put his head on the pillow and then the rest of his body he had lying on top of the white sheet. Closing his eyes as more tears fell onto the pillow making a dark stain that would disappear in a hour or two. Then...silence. Colin shut his eyes closed and tried to think about something good, but the harder he thought the louder the noises got outside the mall. The roars, bashes and clawing from the Walkers that were outside...waiting. Then he fell asleep.  

4 hours later

Colin rushed up, sweat ran down Colin´s face, his eyes were as bigger than usual and fear could be seen in his eyes. Putting on his clothes and then he waltzed out of IKEA, that´s where he slept at least. Putting on his red baseball cap he wore at his son´s first and sadly last baseball game. Colin joined the others for breakfast, it was pretty good food what Ashlee cooked. He didn´t get much for breakfast because others needed it more than Colin did.  

"Anything going on lately?" Colin asked Kingsley, who was their leader, he was very good leader, better than Colin would be. He took his cap off to scratch his head and then put it smoothly on back.
Kingsley Kaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kingsley Kaine

"Actually I haven't slept much most nights, not really that out of the ordinary." Ash replied grimly with a shrug. Kingsley quickly stopped chewing his thumb and let his arm fall to his side as he remembered how much she hated that habit. "This, however, is a little weird." Kingsley frowned as he took the item she was offering him and held it close to his face, inspecting it... A key, marked 'MK'... Initials? Off the top of his head, he couldn't recall any campmates with those initials. Kaine was his own surname, but he had no relatives whose name began with an M. "I found it in the fountain. And trust me, it wasn't there before." 

"Huh." Kingsley scratched his head. This was quite the mystery, but it was nice to have a distraction from the norm. It was just a key, so he wasn't too worried. "And there ain't no 'MK' in our camp. Could stand for somethin' else, but what?" He pondered the matter for a while, before handing the key back to Ash with a smile. "I'll bring it up in camp later. You keep it for now, let me know if you've got any ideas on what it is. Now, come on, we got food to prepare." And with that Kaine stood up, slung his shotgun over his back and led the way to the MegaStore. Once there, they both grabbed their usual carts and made their way to the freezer. After wandering through it for a little while, rubbing their arms and chattering their teeth in the cold, Ash decided what the lunch menu would be and the two of them set the food outside the defrost. Meanwhile, Colin, who was on night watch duty, had picked out breakfast earlier. "Bacon!" Kingsley exclaimed with a grin as he shovelled the meat and the loaves of bread which accompanied it into the two carts. "Didn't even know we had any of this stuff, makes a nice change from spam." 

The duo pushed their loads back to camp, and while Ash fired up the grill and started to cook the bacon, Kingsley headed over to his tent. Right outside of his tent was Brooke, offering a box of cigarettes to Evan. His nostrils flared in frustration as he strode between the two campers and snatched the box right out of Brooke's hands. "We've been over this already. You want to keep killing yourself with these, go ahead." Kingsley growled, not loud enough to attract much attention. "But you don't smoke in camp. And you most certainly don't do it when my baby is in the tent next to you." He threw the box back to the floor in disgust and opened up his tent flap. His face instantly softened as a kind smile replaced his grumpy frown. Back arched, he shuffled into the tent until he made it to the crib where Rosie lay. She had clearly woken up a while ago and was rolling around, chewing on her own fist with the few teeth she had. Rosie had given up on crying a long time ago, it was almost as if she knew that the walkers reacted to noise the way they did. Picking her up slowly, Kingsley then suddenly pretended to drop her as he quickly lowered the baby through the air. As usual, this caused his little girl to go into a laughing fit. After a few repetitions of this routine, he decided to venture outside and get some breakfast. By this point it was 7.35 and most of the bacon was cooked and ready. 

Kingsley placed Rosie in her usual seat, a fuzzy pink beanbag he'd found in a furniture store, and gave her a bread roll to chew on. As part of the new water system implemented last week, King and Ash had also brought back a number of bottles of water, one for each camper, plus a bottle of milk for the baby. This had proven to be the most successful way of rationing the stuff. Grabbing a water for himself and the milk for his daughter, Kingsley made himself a bacon sandwich out of the bread and meat and tucked in. 

"Anything going on lately?" A voice asked, as Kingsley turned around to see Colin, wearing the same baseball cap he always did, with a tiny portion of food. 

"Yeah, actually." King replied after swallowing a bite of his sandwich. "Ash found a key in the fountain, initials 'MK' were on it. We got no clue what it means, but apparently it wasn't there before today. Nice choice with the bacon, by the way." 

Then, suddenly, an explosion sounded outside the front doors, and an ear-splitting alarm erupted throughout the mall. Kingsley immediately leapt to his feet. A few members of the group knew what this meant and Kingsley was one of them. Cohcoa had long ago set up tripwires around the perimeter... And someone, or something, had just broken the circuit. "WALKERS!" Kingsley bellowed. Everyone, whether they were aware of the alarm or not, knew the drill when it came to an attack by the walkers. Anyone who was armed and knew how to handle their weapon would follow Kingsley, everyone else would congregate at the food court, which offered the most strategic view of the entire mall. (which is why it was where the main campsite was set up) Turning to Colin, Kaine gripped his friend's shoulder and said: "You sure as hell better look after my baby!" and then sprinted off to the front doors, pulling the shotgun off his back. 

Looking through the windows on his way to the entrance, Kingsley was able to assess roughly what had happened. There was the smoking wreckage of a helicopter in the middle of the parking lot, which had not been there before. The doors had not been breached, but clearly someone had broken the perimeter... Maybe someone from the helicopter. Maybe someone from the outside world. "There's someone out there!" His heart flooding with hope, Kingsley, with the help of those who had followed him, began to remove the various locking mechanisms which held the door shut. These varied from some rather advanced digital locks to the mundane heavy furniture pushed against the door. Once all the barricades were removed, the door was hauled open. It was an interesting sight outside, to say the least... The helicopter had apparently exploded and taken a large number of walkers with it. That would have been good news, as those walkers had been wandering the parking lot ever since the event, but the noise of the explosion had brought more. Shuffling towards the mall with hunger in their eyes, the walkers made their way towards their target. 

Their target was a man, who fell backwards over the entrance once the doors were pulled open. He was bleeding badly from a head wound and the walkers were fast approaching. "Somebody take him to Raide!" Kingsley roared, as he fired a blast from his gun, blowing the head off the nearest monster. His next shot wasn't so accurate and obliterated the zombie's ribcage. Someone else finished the job with a shot to its head. "Hold them back! They do not cross this line, do you hear me?!" Kaine yelled to his comrades at the wounded soldier was dragged into the mall.

Erika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Erika
 “Jill!” The dirty blond hair girl yelled out in a panic as she held onto her DeMarini baseball bat. “Where are you?” Her voice had a tremble in it as she took small shuffle steps through the eerily silent drug store. It had been… God, who knows how long since the dead started walking. Erika lost count after the second week she had been on the run with her BFF Jill almost the entire time.

The two had been friends since the first grade, when Jill slapped a boy who was making fun of Erika for liking baseball, saying baseball was just for boys and not for girls. The two did everything together they were in girl scouts, beauty pageants, were both MVP of their high school and baseball team as well as their track team, and even decided to go to the same college! Then when this zombie apocalypse started, it only brought the two friends even closer. While Erika’s boyfriend of four years, Eric, left her for an evacuation as she stayed behind with her sick mother, Jill was right there by her side. Then when her mother passed, and turned into a ‘walker’, while Erika was freaking out, Jill managed to get her out of the house alive and lock Erika’s mother’s in the bathroom when the college student refused to ‘kill’ her living dead mother.

Now the two traveled around city to city, never staying around in one area, afraid of drawing zombies to them if they stayed in one area for too long. Today was no other day than to their normal routine, they woke up early at the crack of dawn, and started walking, the only difference today was that they had to go out to look for much needed food and medication supplies. Jill, taking the lead as always, walked in looking for supplies while Erika stood at the door, making sure their escape way was going to be clear when they were ready to leave.

But Jill was taking longer than usual… something was wrong. Hearing some boxes moving around she walked over to the noise, the sound of her heart beating thumped in her ears as she quickly turned the corner to the next section of the store, wielding her bat above her head she was greeted by Jill who roared at her while throwing her hands in the air. Erika screamed as she fell backwards, falling on her butt and dropping her baseball bat. The friend laughed at her, helping the blue eye’s girl up from the ground and patting her on the back.

“Wow, you should have totally seen your face, it was all ‘OMG I’M SO F#CKED!’Jill laughed as she then picked up two hiking backpacks filled with supplies.

“That was totally not funny Jill, I was like, totally scared, and I almost wet myself!” Erika cried as she picked up her baseball bat.

Shaking her head Jill picked up a second bag and handed it to Erika. “We have enough food and tampons, Midol, condoms-“ Erika’s eyes widen from confusion.

“Condoms? Jill why the hell do we need those?” She blurted out.

“What?” Jill gave her a grin. “You never know, what if we find some sexy guy still running around and he decides to join us? Its been FOREVER since I had any, and I can’t promise that I won’t-“

“Ok ok ok.” Erika waved her hands in front of her, showing Jill to stop. “I get the picture.” She flung her backpack over her shoulder. “So we done here?”

“Yeah, were done.” Jill slung the backpack over her shoulder as well as she took a deep breath. “I was thinking… there’s a mall, not TOO far from here.” She looked over at her friend. “Maybe we should head over there… I mean… theres still gatta be a sh!t load of non perishable food, cloths and other supplies there.” She could see the panic grow in Erika’s face. “I know its not the best choice, hell for all we know, that place could be crawling with zombies. BUT there might be others there as well.

Erika looked at the ground for a moment, well… if there was a chance of other LIVING people… maybe they should. With a smile she nod her head. “Right! I mean, like, whats the WORST that can happen? We get eaten by sundown, right?” She chuckled nervously trying to joke only to get silence from Jill. STUPID, her entire family was eaten by the stupid zombies, what a @ss of her to make a joke like that. “I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean… it IS a good idea, we’re going to need more than this anyways to survive.” Erika smiled as she nudged her friend. “Aaannnddd we can totally get new bra’s and undies from Victoria’s Secret, cause Lord know’s I need them!” Erika tried livening the mood, her raven haired friend simply smirked, shaking her head as she began walking forward.

“Lets get going, it’s…” Jill looked down at her watch “Noon, we have about four hours of sun left to get there.” She looked back at her friend. “Then we can get some much needed res-“

Erika’s eyes widen in fear as she saw Jill ram right into a zombie, his decomposing body didn’t even seem to flinch from Jill’s impact. Stumbling back Jill gasped as she glared at the dead/living man. His business suit was shredded as his blond hair was simply a patch on the right side of his head. His nose was completely gone and his skin was a disgusting greenish color. His eyes were a deathly white and his body was literally nothing but skin and bones.

All of this was just within a second as Erika suddenly let out a fearful and ear wrenching scream. Jill quickly turned to her and covered her mouth, knowing that her friend had just alerted any nearby zombies right to them. But Erika couldn’t help it, this whole thing, it just scared the sh!t out of her, and she wasn’t good at surviving, that’s why Jill was with her, the only thing Erika was good at was…

“RUN!” Jill yelled out as she took off running in the opposite direction of where the zombie was. Without hesitation Erika took off right behind her friend, the two making a dash out the back door and into the streets of the city, their feet could be heard slamming onto the concrete ground as a group of the living dead were already on their trail, some walking, others crawling and then a few that were actually RUNNING after them! “Holy crap! Since when could they run!?” Jill yelled out, they never RAN after them before! What the hell was going on?!

“M-Maybe they’ll… Get tired in a sec!” Erika yelled out as the two continued to run what seemed FOREVER! And the zombies… yeah Erika was totally wrong, apparently Zombies DON’T get tired.

Huffing and puffing for air the two continued to run. “Maybe they’ll… get… tired she says!” Jill yelled out at her friend.

“W…well… sorry… for being wro-UMPH!” Erika fell, tripping over her own feet as her body slid against the pavement, scraping her knees and hands that she used to protect her face. Breathing heavily, instead of getting up and continued to run, she looked up in horror, turning to the zombie’s who were just a couple of feet away from her. Letting out a fearful cry she threw her arms over her eyes, as if they were going to magically disappear. But instead of the two that were running after them diving at her, a grunt could be heard, followed by a ‘SLAP’ sound. Looking upward she saw Jill had b!tch slapped one of the zombie’s, catching it off guard and drawing the other one’s attention to herself.

“Don’t just lay there, get the f#ck up!” Jill yelled out as she ducked under the grasp of the second zombie.

Scrambling up Erika was busy trying to make sure she didn’t hurt herself too badly from the fall when she heard a ‘CRUNCH’ followed by a painful screeching scream. Her eyes widen with fear as she looked up to see Jill’s hand was now in the mouth of the first zombie she slapped, the dead walker crunched its mouth over her hand even more as blood poured out of its mouth, Jill screaming for her life as she tried to pull it out of the zombies mouth, only to have the second zombie chomp down on her left shoulder. With tears streaming down her face she turned to Erika, who was frozen with fear. She couldn’t move or think, she might have even stopped breathing because the next thing out of Jill’s mouth was.

“RUN B!TCH!”

This snapped Erika back to reality as tears were now streaming down her face, body trembling as she took off running, the screams of Jill echoed behind her as her best friend was now zombie lunch. All she could think about now was going back to help her, but she knew, no matter what she did, her friend was gone… it was just her now her and… something… very nosy coming from above her. Looking up she could see a helicopter above her, soaring through the air. “Oh my God I’m saved!” She smiled to herself as she kept running, waving her baseball bat she managed to hang on to, in the air trying to get their attention. It seemed to be flying towards the mall, the mall! Then there must have been people there! LIVING people! ‘Jill was right!’ is all that Erika could think of as she pushed herself harder than before to keep running and run faster! Her feet were barely touching the ground as she lost sight of the chopper, her heart sank for a moment as she kept pushing herself more and more, she had to live though this! She turned the corner of a block, her feet skidding along the black street, she just had… her eyes widen as she stood still, she could feel her heart sink… a group of at LEAST ten walkers were now staring at her, their groans and moans sent chills down the 21 year olds back.  

‘Ok… don’t move… just stay still… and maybe… they’ll go away.’ She thought to herself, only to let out a sneeze. Almost on cue the zombie’s let out a goggling anxious groan as they all began to rush at her like a fat kid does with cake at a birthday party.  “Ooooohhhh cccrrraaaAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!” she yelled out, screaming from the top of her lungs as she took off running yet again, zombies rushing behind her as she weaved her way through cars that were parked in the streets.

Seconds later a massive BOOM could be heard as black smoke could be seen reaching high into the skies and above the buildings, the same direction where the mall was at, and by the looks of things… SHE WAS ALMOST THERE! Making a sharp turn around the block she saw where the helicopter crash-landed, another horde of zombies surrounding it as Erika panicked, she ran here for safety and instead the chopper she was running to for safety was now destroyed and zombies covered the parking lot of the mall!

But then something caught her attention, the door’s of the mall swung open as a man could be seen shooting down some of the walkers that surrounded the area. “HEY!!” she waved at them, trying to get their attention. “KEEP THE DOOR OPEN!!!!” She was out of breath, she couldn’t even feel her feet anymore as she jumped over dead… well… zombie bodies. Her eyes were watered with tears, hope flooded her emotions as she ran right passed the other zombies in a mad dash for the door.

Screaming the entire way as she didn’t even bother to slow down once she reached the door, instead she ran full force right inside, ignoring everyone around her as she kept running until she finally reached a wall, slamming hard right into it, forcing her to stop screaming as well.  She fell down to the ground, the backpack cushioning her fall to tile floor as she was hyperventilating thanks to her screaming, panicking and running for who knows how long! Sweat was still forming along her face as she looked up at the ceiling, she didn’t even bother to move, her entire body felt so numb, she still couldn’t believe she was alive…. She made it.
Avatar image for _levy_jack_krohl
_Levy_Jack_Krohl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Levy_Jack_Krohl

Tom raced down the hall. The place was practically silent and his footsteps and frantic breathing were all that could be heard. He shouted as he ran. "Uncle Levy!" he cried out, "Uncle Levy!"  Levy growled under his breath and set the bottle of Jack Daniels' down on the bench. "What is it, boy?" he asked impatiently. Thomas came to a stop, bending over and gasping for air. "There's... w-walkers! Down at... the front door!" Levy's eyes went wide and he jumped up, grabbing his bow and running down the hall, leaving Thomas still trying to catch his breath. "Get th' lead outta yer ass, boy!" he ordered.  

Levy raced down the stairs, Thomas beginning to catch up to him. He saw Kingsley, the guy whose hands these bastards had put their lives in. From his time in the war, he knew that kind of responsibility can do terrible things to a man. Others were running in a panic, some moving away from the door as fast as they could, mostly sick and injured. The others were running to the door as Kingsley barked orders.  "Hold them back! They do not cross this line, do you hear me?!" Levy reached the bottom of the stairs and came to the mouth of the door, standing alongside Kingsley. "How the hell'd this door get open?!"  he asked, reaching for an arrow. Thomas ran to his side, holding the pistol his uncle had given him. "Get back, boy."  he ordered, firing an arrow into a walker's head a few yards down. "But Uncle Levy, I-"  "NOW, BOY!"  Levy  interrupted . "When they get closer, we're gonna fall back and we're gonna need supressing fire from up there!" He gestured to the catwalk on the second floor from which they'd just come. "Now get up there!" he ordered. Thomas nodded reluctantly and raced up the staircase, taking his position, gun aimed down towards the doorway. Levy reached for another two arrows and shot. One of them hit dead center between the eyes, the other grazed the side of the walker's head. Just as Levy was about to curse his luck, the arrow shot into the eye socket of another walker. If they were that tightly packed, then Kingsley and his men were in for one hell of a fight. 

Brooke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Brooke

Looking over towards Katie she began to nudge her shoulder. "Katie.. It's time to wake up now." Katie turned over with a tiring yawn, opening her eyes to see the two of her friends staring right at her. "Alright.. okay.. Is Ash done with the food yet?" Katie said as she sat herself up. "I don't really think so, otherwise Kaine or her would have told us it's ready."  Said Evan. "But before we even eat, you need to make sure to through some clothes on." Brooke said while throwing a sweater and jeans at Katie when she noticed that all she had under the blanket was just a tank top and underwear.    

Looking up Brooke saw Kaine standing over her, the next thing she noticed was him snatching the box of cigarettes out of her grasp.   "We've been over this already. You want to keep killing yourself with these, go ahead."   Brooke wasn't too happy.     "But you don't smoke in camp. And you most certainly don't do it when my baby is in the tent next to you."  Watching him throw her pack on the floor made her even less happy. "I wonder if he thinks i even care?" She told Evan with a calm look on her face.  Pulling out her Diary she began to quickly write some of her thoughts. 

Some thoughts

When i was more younger, I happened to be the quiet kid, the one who just sat there and observed other people who came and passed through my life. It was nice for a while, because i just had a nice life that had no drama. My mother picked up drinking, being depressed that my father had died. I was in fifth grade. My mother then began to pay less attention to my brother and when she met this guy at a bar. He began to support us financially, after a while i was happy because i knew that my mother was happy.  

When my brother moved to College i was to enter High School, when he left it was on bad terms with my mother, and step father. My drunk of a mother then turned me into what i am today, without even knowing it. To her i slowly started to become "That daughter who doesn't know how to study." To the "Worthless piece of sh!t, who doesn't appreciate anything" to my junior year of high school. It's who i am i guess..

Meeting Alex, Katie, and Evan was no doubt the best thing that ever happened to me. Whenever my mother wouldn't want to look at me in the face, whenever she was too drunk to know what was going on, whenever her or her husband made me feel so pathetic to the point where i would cry myself asleep with them i had people i could come to, and they wouldn't ever judge me for it. 

And what i had just told Evan was a lie, i did care actually.. when i look at Kaine.. I secretly see a father that i wished i had, i'll never admit it to anyone though. It might show my weaker side, and i can't risk to get close to anyone else around here. I lost Alex, and i have no clue how i'll be able to cope if i were to loose Evan or Katie. Plus Kaine has his daughter to look after, i'd just be some distraction to him, or maybe i'd just be a hopeless cause. He'd probably get tired of wanting me around like my mother did, or want to get rid of me like my stepfather constantly told my mother to do.  

Being the leader of the group, and closely watching over his daughter he already had enough on his plate. It's best i don't even try, besides i have the responsibility  to watch over Katie. She's very vulnerable, i'm afraid she might do something stupid. I need to make sure i also keep all of the medical supplies i found together, i wouldn't want the group to quickly run out of them. 

It 's hard to give up drugs, getting high to feel better, to feel something different. It's kinda like cutting a wrist, not that i've ever tried that. I'm not that f****ng stupid. I'm still getting over it, having these plain cigarettes makes it easier because it keeps me away from wanderering around to see if someone could have dropped a bag of weed, or hoping that a zombie could be carrying some. Main reason i ever started it was to feel accepted around people that i shouldn't have even started talking to, then when i did i realized that i got hooked on it.   

Back to.. that.

A loud explosion could be heard from the distance, which made Katie become fully awake with a worried look on her face. "Walkers!" Hearing this from someone made all three of the teenagers awake. Without a word Brooke ran behind Kaine after he spoke to another survivor called Colin, who she had barely talk to. Shooting a look behind her, she saw that Katie and Evan weren't too far behind. Katie held a gulf club in both hands, with a bag around her shoulder she carried a few more, no one else could tell but she had about five gulf balls inside of it. Evan carried a hockey stick in his hand, unlike the blonde one next to him he felt that if he were to carry less on him it'd be easier for him to get away. 

Brooke only carried this pistol that she stole from one of the group members, so every time someone were to come near her she'd make sure to hid it in her bag. But for an occasion like this, no one would really care to see her with a gun. 

When they managed to open the doors a man was seen, at first Brooke wanted to shoot him when seeing a bloody wound on his head, but had been stopped by Evan when he told her that it could possibly be a different type of wound.      "Somebody take him to Raide!"   Brooke quickly darted a look towards Evan. "Evan, help whoever plans to take him to Raide. I'm sure it's tough to carry someone by yourself." Looking back she saw that Kaine missed the Walker's head, she aimed and did the job for him. "Welcome" She quietly whispered.     "Hold them back! They do not cross this line, do you hear me?!"   Brooke heard him perfectly, her and Katie stood beside him awaiting for them to get closer. In front of her she aimed the gun towards the Walkers with a grin on her face. "This should be fun."  
Ash Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ash Wilson

As the head cook (actually the only real cook) of the camp, Ash was beginning to get worried. They had finally run out of “fresh” foods and were now left with canned and preserved goods. All the fruits and veggies were gone, and the last of the meat was gone now. Ash had made sure to make good use of the perishables before the all went bad. They barely had enough power to keep the freezers they had going on for much longer, especially since they were also using the energy for other things. There wasn't very much she'd be able to do with canned items, but at least the mall had a lot.  

She was mulling over the possibility of making some neat dessert for everyone with the couple of cartons of ice cream she'd hidden away at the bottom of the big freezer. It might make for a nice surprise. 

At that exact moment there was a booming explosion outside and Kingsley was on his feet, barking out orders. People scrambled into action instantly, each running around to do something useful. For a moment Ash was too stunned to do anything but stand, spatula in hand, watching the chaos around her.  

She'd done her best to stay away from the Walkers recently, her nightmares were bad enough. She closed her eyes passing by windows and doors, held her breath whenever she heard a noise at night, and sometimes even shoved cotton up her nose to block out the horrible rotting smell that sometimes seeped into the bowels of the mall.   

Someone screamed and Ash was jolted back to life. She dropped the spatula and ran for the door, picking up a frying pan on her way. If anything she could bash in the brains of a few Dawn of the Dead extras before lunch. 

She arrived at the door in time to see a man she didn't recognize being carried away. He didn't look in good shape and when Ash looked outside she could see why. Not only was there a massive horde of the undead heading their way, but a horribly mangled helicopter was burning in the middle of the parking lot. But it wasn't the zombies or the wreckage that caught Ash's eye, it was the girl that was speeding through the parking lot screaming so loud she could be heard over the blaring alarms. If the zombies weren't already interested in the mall entrance, they were now.   

Ash glanced at her frying pan then back up at the quickly growing crowd of Walkers. And then she spotted her. The pan slipped from Ash's grip and clattered to the ground, the sound ringing in her ears. Pamela, or something like that. An older woman she and Holly had met when leaving the airport. She was now missing an ear and half her jaw, but Ash recognized her. Pamela had been with Holly when they had gotten separated. If she was a Walker now, what did that mean for Holly? 

A groan brought Ash out of her trance and she realized in utter horror that she had somehow left the doorway and walked towards the zombies. Next to her one of the creatures gnashed its teeth menacingly and stumbled at her. 

"Oh, fu--" Ash did the only thing she could think to. She punched the Walker in the head, disgusted to see the thing snap and flop to the side.  

Turning to run, she cursed loudly as she pulled a classic B-movie, ditzy blonde move and tripped. Or was tripped. She hadn't noticed the zombie torso dragging itself along the ground.  

She kicked it away and stumbled to her feet, sprinting for the door. At the last moment she looked up and thought she was a figure on the roof. Something flashed above her head. A camera? 

Ash slipped through the door and in between the people firing off weapons. Now she felt really bad for just having a frying pan.  

"Who...who's on the roof?"She gasped, looking around and making a quick head count. "Or am I just going crazy?" 

Kingsley Kaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kingsley Kaine

Before... 

"Come on, Kaine." The short, fat, pasty man grinned, baring his jewel-encrusted teeth. He snapped his fingers, and one of his his brawny bodyguards delivered another punch to Kingsley Kaine's already bleeding face. "You fink you c'n screw me over, after all I did fe ya? Fe yer family? Sh!t, I tought ya knew me better dan dat." Another punch to Kingsley's gut, forcing a grunt out of his mouth, followed by a spray of blood. 

"You forget, Castle..." King spat, gasping for air as his head lolled to the side, his body unable to move as it was tied to a chair."Forget everything I did for you... I was your right-hand man, for a while... Castle and King, legends, we were... But now I want out." Kingsley straightened up, glaring at his former partner, Clayton Castle, out of his good eye. "I want a real life... I stuck with this crap for this long cause... I owed you. That debt has been paid... I need to get out, for my family's sake." 

Clay gritted his teeth and motioned for his henchmen to stand back, instead rolling up his own sleeves and walking towards his old friend. "Dere ain't no way outta dis, King. Dis life of ours, da fings we done... Ya fink ya c'n jus' walk out, like nuffin never happened?" He grabbed Kingsley's face harshly and stared into his eyes, as he growled: "I own yoo, Kingsley Kaine. Unless ya want yer pretty lil wife and yer kid knowin' what ya did?" 

"Dammit, Clay!" Kingsley roared, struggling in his chair, trying to break through his bonds. "It's in the past, what's done is done! If I could go back and change it, I would! How long are you gonna hold that over my head?!" 

"S'long as yer still useful." Clayton replied, silencing Kingsley with a single uppercut and knocking the chair over backwards. 

Now... 

"We need to get this door closed, dammit!" Kingsley yelled over the noise. The roar of flames, the hungry moans of the dead, the sound of guns... The drums of war. The unconscious man had finally been dragged to safety and Kingsley was backed up by a good few gunmen... But the tide of walkers never ended. And then, suddenly, a scream pierced the air. Jerking his head around to look back into the mall, Kaine frowned as he realized the sound was coming from outside. Then he saw her... A girl, wielding a baseball bat, running towards the mall like a bat out of hell. She was moving so fast the walkers didn't even have time to react to her presence, despite her wailing. Kingsley moved out of the way, a look of astonishment on his face, as the girl charged through the door and made it into the safe haven. 

"Alright, now we can--" Kingsley started as a space was cleared in front of the door, before his eyes widened with shock. Ash had just wandered out into the open, right through the door, standing there in front of the oncoming horde, transfixed by something. Was it her sister? Kingsley didn't really care, all he cared about was getting his friend back to safety. "ASH!" He bellowed, leaping over the threshold and smashing the butt of his weapon into the head of an oncoming walker, causing a sickening crack. Firing the shotgun into the face of another, as Ash started to run away. She tripped over a crawler, and Kingsley lunged to help her, but she was on her feet before he got there. Following her at a spring, he unloaded a blast into the back of the crawling monster's head for good measure as he ran. 

Reaching into his pocket as he cleared the doorway, Kingsley began to reload his weapon as the others held the zombies back. But it was getting hopeless now, it was like all the dead in the city were trying to barge their way into the mall. There was no time to back off and close the door and, if any walkers got close enough, they'd block the entrance so the door couldn't be closed. Jumping back into the fray, Kingsley thought furiously, trying to come up with a way out of this mess. Then, it came to him. Looking behind him, he spotted the key to victory: bacon. 

Littering the floor, breakfast had been abandoned when the walkers struck, but Kingsley strapped his gun onto his back once more, broke away from the firing squad and gathered up a couple of armfuls of the food. Running back to the door, he hurled the strips of meat into the air. The wind carried the sweet smell of fresh bacon to the walkers. Those who still had noses looked into the air, staring hungrily at the freely offered meal. As the bacon fell onto the surface of the parking lot, a mad scramble erupted amongst the monsters, as huge piles of them dived onto the bait, distracting the zombies, while also unwittingly creating barriers to stop any others from reaching the entrance. 

"NOW! Get this door shut!" Kingsley commanded, pushing his full weight against the heavily reinforced door. "Get it closed while we still can!"
Colin_Grant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Colin_Grant

"You sure as hell better look after my baby!" Kingsley said towards Colin, when an explosion could be heard not far and not long ago. People started to scream and little kids started to cry, Kingsley ran off towards the explosion taking his weapon off his back. Colin glanced at Rosie and chuckled. Colin finished his bacon and put the dish on the nearest table and then took Rosie up and set her beside him when he took a seat on Kingsley´s bed. He reached for both guns that were fastened on his back and laid them on the opposite side of Rosie.  

As he laid the guns down Rosie started to whimper he looked at her and tried to get her to laugh. Rosie was not happy and she definitely wasn´t not getting happier, because the stench in the air told a very clear story. This was a first time for Colin in a long, long, long time and even though this should have been something that wouldn´t be difficult to forget after his own baby died he did try the hardest to forget, so this was like a new experience.  

He knew eventually he would get it right, but at the moment his mind was blank. He looked at his clock realizing that he couldn´t wait for somebody else to fix this problem. He was very efficient in cleaning house when zombies were involved and he needed to view this in a similar manner.  The only thing he needed to keep in mind was trying to keep Rosie alive. Colin grunted and picked Rosie up, keeping her arms length away and trying to coo her and getting her to smile and finally a little smile was seen from Rosie, he walked over to the children´s isle knowing that there would be diapers still around and he grabbed one. And then hurried over to the toilet. 

He went to the ladies toilet because he remembered seeing a children´s changing rack or whatca ma call it. He opened it and put Rosie down, putting the diapers on her side and handing her his key chain, rattling it infront of her face seeing her whimper changing into a tiny little smile and the giggle, her little hand reaching out and grabbing the key chain and start flicking it around and he knew he had a winner. Rosie zero Colin one. 

Reaching down and taking off her dirty nappies, Colin was charged with his most difficult task of his life, he really wanted to bolt and leave Rosie there, he couldn´t imagine that a child could ever lay this devastation in one...tiny...little...nappie. He took a deep breath and immediately he knew that it had been a mistake, because the stench so foul- was trapped in his noise. He knew that this day would be forever firmly in his mind for his most heroic day...yet.  

Taking the diaper off Rosie, nearly vomiting and trying his hardest to miss the baby, Colin held his breath and ran for the nearest garbage and threw the diaper in there, Colin exhaled and focused on Rosie, who was having fun with the key chain. Colin took some tissues and moistened them allowing just few drops of water and then tried to wipe the little girls butt clean. He knew that he wasn´t doing a very good job, but heroics come in many sizes, this little hero not very big, but the heroic part felt enormous to him. 

Taking the diaper, opening it, he realized that this might not be a very simple thing to do, but an old memory from taking care of his own child, helped him along. Before he knew it, Rosie had a fresh nappie and was immediately giggling when he picked her up and Colin began to wonder why all his tasks weren´t as nice. He took her and placed her lying down in one hand, taking hold of his two guns and placing them on his back again, he started his usual routes in the mall feeling little Rosie falling asleep in his arms, holding firmly to his key chain.  

Colin made his way towards Kingsley´s `pad`, he placed sleeping Rosie into her cot and then he sat next to her in a uncomfortable stool, relaxed, smiling, and inhaling fresh air.

Marcus_Korah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Marcus_Korah

Raide was amazed. Bacon. Real, genuine bacon with breakfast. She absolutely loved bacon. Before the end of the world had come about she had bacon with breakfast every morning. This was the first bacon she'd had since the first weeks in the mall. Her mouth was watering as she made her way over to a quiet place and prepared to devour the plate of food in front of her. Sitting at the table the farthest away from the others Raide was taking her time, and enjoying the full aroma of the bacon before eating it. Raide picked one crispy piece out from the rest and slowly pulled it to her mouth. 

Then there was an incredible explosion and an earsplitting screeching noise. Nearly jumping out of her skin in fright Raide dropped the piece of bacon she had been obsessing over and looked around. Kingsley had sanpped to attention and had started barking out orders, the other survivors all rushing to do as directed. Raide leapt up from the table and hefted her fireaxe in both hands, checking the mall around them as if the walking dead would start pouring in from every direction. Kingsley and a band of his gun-toting compatriots charged off in the direction of the disturbance, instructing the rest of the less combat worthy of them to stay in the camp. Raide, realising that the danger wasn't yet immediate, took the time to double check her Med-kit. Satisfied that she could handle any potential injuries with it she turned her attention back to the tent city her and most of the other survivors were standing in. They had all assembled in a rough circle, everyone watching for any signs of the dead.  

The smell of wonderful bacon drifted back over and made it's way into Raide's thoughts. She glaced over to her plate still sitting where she left it. If the dead were going to come and eat them all she might as well have a full stomach herself right? Raide slowly edged her way back over to her plate. Taking another long breath of the bacon scent she reached out with one hand.   "Somebody take him to Raide!" 

She froze in place, Kinglsey's voice clearly audible from the hall he had run down. Regretfully turning to run after the others, Raide started unzipping her Med-kit and digging through it for gloves.    Raide sighed at the unfairness of it all. Her favorite food right there in front of her and yet she just couldn't have it.  She then realised with some amusement that this was probably how the walking dead outside felt. The amusement vanished as the realisation struck her that she was thinking about them eating her like she ate bacon. 

Racing down the long hall towards the doors a bizarre sight greeted the young medic. Kingsley and several of the others were jammed in the doorway shooting and bashing at a tide of the dead. A survivor that Raide recognized as Evan dragged an unconscious man away from it all. Ash seemed to be wandering out the doors and into the horde of zombies without even realising it. Through the chaos at the door Raide could barely make out what looked like the flaming wreckage of a helicopter in the middle of the parking lot. Focusing on the injured man she grabbed him and with the help of Evan dragged him safely back into camp, where she shoved everything off of a table, the plates of food clattering across the floor, and lifted the man on top of it. 

He was bleeding heavily from a head wound, and had numerous other minor cuts and scrapes. Snapping on a pair of gloves she dove into her bag for disinfectant. She carefully began cleaning the wound and then comannded Evan, "Look in my bag for some stitches, it'll be a hooked needle with a piece of thread--" she was cut off by another screeching scream. Glancing up from her patient Raide observed a girl wielding a baseball bat come flying down the hall faster than Raide had ever seen anyone go. The girl ran straight past everyone, and didn't stop screaming until she slammed into the wall and collapsed over backwards. "Oh hell, nevermind, go make sure she's ok, and if she's conscious give her one of these." She tossed a small bottle of pills to Evan. "It's a mild sedative, anyone that's so worked up they blindly run into a wall is probably in shock, we don't need the girl giving herself a heart-attack. She'll be a little loopy for a while but that's better then death wouldn't you say?" Turning her attention back to the man on the table she quickly picked out where she left the equipment for stitches in her bag. Turning to the work of sewing the gash in the man's head she muttered "It's a good thing you're unconscious or this would hurt like a b!tch."  

Quickly finishing up her work Raide noticed that her plate of bacon was still sitting untouched on the table behind her. Surely saving a man's life was worth a bit of a bacon reward right? Ripping of her blood covered gloves and hastily cleaning her hands with a bit of hand sanitizer and paper towels Raide reached out for her well earned breakfast. She was finally moments away from crispy grease covered bliss. Then Kingsley came running in out of nowhere and snatched up the entire plate of bacon, along with all the bacon Raide had scattered across the floor when she had cleared the table. Stunned, Raide watched in horror as Kinglsey sped back towards the doors, and hurled to bacon into the walker hordes. The undead quickly began fighting in a feeding frenzy to get at the precious strips of meat. 

Raide watched, shocked at the loss of the breakfast she had been looking forward to so much. Raide glared angrilly at Kingsley's back before turning back to check on her patient once more. Muttering to herself about all the dire acts she would enact to avenge this crime against bacon she set about digging an IV out of her bag. Raide's stomach grumbled in complaint.

Clive_Gardner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Clive_Gardner

Two Months Ago- Zeus' Temple

Clive stood, hands behind back, in the head office of Zeus' Temple, a prestigious casino hotel, ahead of him behind a grand desk stood a large plump man with rosy red cheeks and a protruding stomach, that had Clive guessing he was probably three times the size of himself, his name was Mr. Schiffer, the manager of this hotel, he was a joyful man and always friendly with the staff, so he and Clive had got on well these past three months. Clive was patiently waiting for his last pay check, that currently resided in Mr. S' sausage fingers, Clive didn't like being tied down to one place for too long and was going west once more. At his feet was a kit bag full of his clothing and other possessions, whilst on his back was a rucksack that carried the rest. Mr. S plodded over to him with a great big smile upon his face, Clive had to admit that Mr. Schiffer had been the best manager he had had in a long time, and he could only hope his next boss was half as kind.

Mr. S held out the pay check, a piece of paper gold in Clive's eyes, he took it and slipped it into the breast pocket of his brown leather jacket. Mr. Schiffer held out a giant hand for Clive to shake, "Goodbye my little limey friend" he said in a bellowing voice, Clive smirked and said "goodbye you big ol' Yankee doodle" in his heavily British accent, then reached out taking Mr. S' hand only to be pulled into a bone crushing hug as Mr. Schiffer let out a big hearty chuckle that shook Clive's whole frame. Putting him him down he said "One more thing Clive" before shuffling to his desk and returning with a box of "premium Cuban cigars... we all like to smoke now and then, but you're like a chimney" he laughed once more "a thanks for all your hard work here, you made me rich." Clive could only give him his thanks before picking up his bag, putting the cigars away and leaving through the heavy wooden door leading out onto the casino floor, "As have you" Clive smirked to himself as the door shut behind him, whilst he twiddled the wallet of Mr. Schiffer in his hands, he opened it to reveal that there was at least a thousand bucks in there. He may not look it but Mr. S lived the high life of fine cuisine, top notch drugs and prime woman. No wonder he was always happy.

Waiting for him was the beautiful blonde that he happily named his girlfriend, she had been a showgirl for the hotel whilst Clive did various jobs that included being a blackjack, security guard and professional con man. She rested against a slot machine, her own kit bag at her feet, ready to leave just as he was, with a single stride Clive swooped in and kissed her passionately on the lips and then carried down to the neck whilst she giggled in pleasure. "Oh why I do declare Mr. Gardner" she said playfully, then together they headed for the exit. They passed many happy and not so happy gamblers, who came here to wish away their money, and just as they were nearing the doors leading into the main lobby when they heard an ear splitting scream, they made it past the last of the slot machines to see what was happening. There was a woman with a hand over her mouth in shock, a security guard with his gun out pointed at a blood covered man who looked like he had a serious case of flu and a man having a spasm on the floor as he clutch his neck that was badly bleeding, whilst several people stood around watching, it appeared that one man had bitten the other.

The blonde beauty on his arm turned into his body from the sight, the security guard, Frank West, was shouting at the man telling him to get down but he just looked dumbfounded and took an unsteady step towards Frank who was shaking violently in fear of not knowing what to do, until the partner let out a scream of anger and struck at the at the attacker, only to be brought to her knees as the man took a chunk out of the woman's arm, making all within the precinct gasp, and with a loud BLAM! his brains were splattered across the unsuspecting face of a nearby gambler. For a second they thought that was the last of it until someone behind the group said, "holy sh!t what the f*ck is that!" and pointed to the lobby where there stood about twenty of these demented people with more pouring through the door, they all looked like the man now laying brainless on the floor, dumbfounded, and they started stumbling towards the casino. Everything happened so fast, those closest the door were bought down in seconds and without even knowing it Clive had his girlfriends hand in a vice grip and was running to the back of the casino as fast as they could.

They reached Mr. Schiffer's office once more and burst through the doors to a surprised Mr. S who questioned their antics, Clive told him of the killings and that they needed to escape, Mr. S let out a hefty laugh once more until he heard several screams resonating from the hall and set out to see for himself, convinced he grabbed a shotgun and some keys which he threw to Clive and told him were to unlock a door leading to an exit. The three made their way there but Mr. Schiffer saw Bill an old friend of his becoming chow for those monsters and bustling in he went to help his friend wishing the couple good luck, that was the last Clive saw of Mr. Schiffer. They reached the metal door, and hurried to get it open but Clive couldn't find the right key, the tension would kill him before those creatures did, and there was an everlasting reminding from their groans and the cries of others in the hotel. She was shouting at him to get it done, they were panicking now, it had kicked in, the horrors of what happened, whilst Clive prayed to himself as the keys scratched away at the outside of the keyhole in his hurry, but finally he got the key in the hole and twisted, then there was a scream of pain too close for his liking, and unknowingly he pulled the key out and turned to see a creature biting into his girlfriend, splattering her hair, clothes and the floor in blood.

"Oh, shit!" Clive said to himself, her eyes were filled to the brim with tears of pain, he stepped towards her a hand outstretched, ready to take hers when one of them went for him, in shock he jumped back and dropped the keys, as the creature stepped closer and another joined its ranks, shrouding Clive's girlfriend from his sight, they went for him and he tripped backwards bring one with him, it went bite but Clive held it away from him and rolled it off his body then kicked the second, who was very frail and seemed to brake as it fell over, Clive scrambled to his feet and looked back at his girlfriend, she wanted help but there were too many now, she had become a feast, but still she pleaded and all Clive did was turn, he ran to the door finding it to be locked once more, he searched for the keys but came up empty, turning he breathed heavily and was panicking a lot now, but he saw the sign for the bathrooms and ran. He bashed through the door and looked around for anything to cover the door, all he found was a garbage can which he found better then nothing and threw it in front of the doors path. Then he scavenged for a way out, but there was only one tiny window, frustrated he punched the mirror at the thought he might be trapped and threw his bags down, but he calmed his self down and splashed cool water onto his face and took a chance, he picked up his stuff entered the cubicle and smashed the window by punching it, he then struggled to shove his kit bag through but finally it was out, secondly his rucksack was much easier, now for the test, he climbed the toilet and first got his arms through, climbing a little he got his head and shoulders through, then a bit of body, he reached out to grab whatever he could to help pull him out. After minutes of wriggling he made it, he was out, he was free, he was safe, he was alive and he ran off into the woods.

Now- The City Mall

Clive awoke with a jolt, light was seeping past the red fabric of his tent and lit up his own little area, he was lucky that he had managed to snag one of the biggest tents, which was situated next to Kingsley's, though they were good friends now when they first started Clive wasn't the most trustworthy so King wanted him close, still even now Levy dislikes his antics, but that was fair enough in Clive's opinion. He sat up in his wasteland of useful items that he traded around the camp, whilst it was all going down and everyone fought Clive went around stocking up on supplies of everything, he never figured he'd still be here, he thought maybe a week tops then they'd branch out and leave, he just wanted a place to rest, he didn't expect a ruddy lock down. Sitting up he swung his legs off the camp bed and onto the nice warm rug he set out for himself, he was a heavy sleeper so the outside noises didn't unsettle him. Bacon smell was strong in the air but before he went out he grabbed a bottle of water and some happy pills, popping two in his mouth they went down smooth with a swig of water, he didn't really need them but they kept him happy, he knew if Peter Pan ever came knocking with fairy dust those pills would surely make him fly. Grabbing his snug dressing gown and furry slippers he stepped out when there was a loud bang and the alarm for the trip wire went off but Clive did not panic, he watched as many shuffled off with their weapons, making him look back into his tent at his pillow. Nonetheless he stepped out, sat down, grabbed too slices of bread, slabbered them in butter, put in three strips of tasty bacon, cut it in half and tucked in. Then as everyone was preoccupied he decided to pull out a plastic bag from his dressing gown pocket and then dropped in half the amount of bacon and bread, before chucking it into his tent and turning back to the sandwich.
Bloodstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bloodstone

Two Months Ago

"Mom can I go with you and dad? Please, please, please'." These were the words of Amelia only six years old her eyes a light blue hair a ravenous black like her mothers. She was short but her strength was apparent in every action. She was the pride and joy of Selene and Jack Celist. So when they looked in the crystalline eyes of the young girl in black they couldn't manage to even think of saying no. Selene smiled as she put away the dishes from her breakfast as the others finished. "Why can’t you be a normal brat finish cereal and go to school? Would also help if you stopped stealing my IPod I use it to you know" she teased. The child giggled before continuing to nag. "Oh come on you know where doing nothing today let me go." The others smiled they couldn't resist and all of them knew it, Why Amelia wanted to go on a ride along they really didn't know. What harm was there in letting her have her way however. The city was usually rather quiet and there wasn't much trouble to get into when around to officers. An hour later and they were on their way to the HQ.

Jack would ride beside the car while Amelia got shot gun and as of yet things had been uneventful. Then came the screams of what Selene predicted was an elderly man coming from the nearby gas station. She pulled in Jack right behind her. "Honey wait here, dad an eye got work to do" she remarked with confidence in her voice and a wink. Giving her daughter a reason to fear was never her way. The two ran into the small store hands on their gun holsters just in case. The bell rang as they entered. Various items, candy bars and bags of chips littered the floor. Obvious signs of a struggle. They continued and found the source of the problem. In the middle isle were two people one hunched over the other. A trail of blood ran down the tile leading to where the supposed clerk rested his lifeless left arm. A gaping wound marking the wrist tendons beneath exposed. The other man was obviously the cause to blame. Blood trickled to the floor a sickening blackish red drool. The man had eyes glossy white and looked as if he had been to hell and back. His movements as he got up were sluggish and abnormal. His haphazard walk led him towards Jack. A turn of his heal and thud of a nightstick and the man dropped. The strange part was that in bleeding from the head and supposed to be out cold he still moaned.

A short drive and they were at the head quarters for some relieve and of course to get Amelia food. The building was pristine mostly tile and glass aside from seats and the wooden desks. The smell of sweat and coffee hung in the air from the hub of officers at work. Meandering typing and the occasional conversation here and there. It all had a normal feel to it aside from one thing. Every individual cuffed and brought in was the same as the one Jack was bringing in. There was a sea of pale sick looking figures stained in blood. She didn’t know if it was just freakish coincidence or some virus but either way it had a disturbing effect. Hopefully Amelia was focusing on something else. Seeing a man who acted like a dog with rabies wasn’t exactly the best thing to witness. Selene turned her head back to her child giving a slight nudge with her elbow. She had removed everything but her glock ammo and badge and removed her jacket. Sitting on the bleacher in a deep blue tank top and black cargo pants. The little one was a mirror of her mother with a plastic badge and all well minus the loaded weapons. The two continued to tease each other before a scream tore through the room.

The two turned in unison eyes widening in horror. Just outside the door stood Jack the very same man they had arrested clamping down on his neck. Arterial spray shot outwards for a second as the teeth dug into flesh. As the cannibal parted the body fell. Selene watched in disbelief as he tried to speak his words cut off by the fact that he was drowning on his own blood. His cries coming out as gargling sounds and fountains of blood. To her further shock however her husband was not the only victim everyone shackled in chains was acting this way as well as a couple random officers. A calm station had erupted into panic without warning or cause. “Love get down” she yelled pointing underneath the desk. As the young girl did so she removed her pistol and took aim. A round into the heart and the man still inched forward. A second shot and he was still unphased. It didn’t seem real to be faced with such monstrosities; she looked it in the eyes. There was no eyras or pupil just what appeared like a white haze. The life and spirit stripped away reduced to a glossy stare. She hesitated a moment before spending her next round. A bit off mark it went into the eye and penetrated the skull the man falling to the earth clotted blood seeping from the gun shot.

A large barrel of a man tossed Selene an ar15 as they fought their way out. His name was Victor Gonzales a fellow trainee in the academy. It was a comfort to have him at her side. The numbers made them a threat but get used to their behavior and it was easy to put the goals back to rest. While it may have been minutes it felt like reaching the garage had taken hours. The doors were still shut making the lighting dim. The white of the police vehicles standing out against the rest of the dim location. About a dozen cars still remained it wasn't too hard to grab a few Selene rushed to the nearest one and opened the door for Amelia. She then turned to the others; she expected to see a strong majority alive. Head shots were not too difficult for anyone who knew their way around a gun at least as much as they were least that’s what she thought. What she found however was Victor was the only one left. In the mad rush to keep her child safe she had failed to see that the others had all had their down fall. The large man stopped and sealed the door dropping to one knee a few steps in. "Vic what the f--k do you think you’re doing?" she remarked. "What the hell does it look like I’m making sure you two get away from this s--t" was the response as he hit the garage door opener. The beating on the door from those things disturbing the silence. She smiled thankful but not bothering to spend any more time here. Losing one loved one was enough she had no intent on loosing another.

Selene drove off as the doors opened enough to pass through. Heading away from the city sounded like the best rout on instinct. To get away from this horror but it wasn't in the long run. The horror that had transpired didn't seem like it could be by means of just one town. Best place to go was somewhere where others would be. Food and security was priority over the ideas of heading to the unknown. The mall was the closest place to go it wasn't the most secure place to go but it sounded better than the other options. The drive didn't provide much trouble a few cars to go around but that wasn't much. It was a strange trip the serenity of the city tampered by the apocalyptic atmosphere presented by these monstrosities. Fires and corpses ruined the usually calming surroundings. "Uh mom instead of fiddling around with the radio could you focus on going around the car driving in are way on fire." She smiled glad she was holding herself together. Both were fighting their sorrow to hold together for the other. She looked up to find it wasn't a joke as she thought.

Swerving to try and dodge out of the way didn't prove fruitful. At the last moment they were struck by the oncoming car. The man driving had bled out and kept going while not remarkably fast yet it did hit reasonably hard. The police car knocked into the creek bend on the left. The engine was shot and tires flat from the accident. Luckily the collision wasn't much Selene sighed in relief as she went to get out and help out Amelia. Then her composure dissolved as she found a walker heading towards her child Amelia stumbling backwards trying to get away. Then it was pointless the walker fell and bit deep. Blood pooled off Amelia’s leg the girl biting her tong to avoid screaming. Nine of her ten rounds were spent firing into the head of the walking corpse Selene giving into a moment of wrath. Dropping to her knees the two hugged both knowing what had to be done. Tears ran down her cheeks as her left arm held tightly around her baby as her right raised the gun. She placed it at the base of the skull where the spine ends. It wasn't much but it did limit the bloodshed which was a comfort. "Mom you and I both" Amelia started chocking down her pain and remorse. "Hush" Selene responded trying to savor the time she had left. Then she pulled the trigger to put an end to the suffering. It was unsettling her life had lost all she held dear. Over the years she had placed life as the most important thing to keep safe. Now that was lost at least for herself.

Before she left for the mall she placed Amelia now on the stopped burning car. The flames provided her to be cremated, wasn't too much finesse to it but was better then knowing she was going to be a meal. It took an hour walk to get to the mall and by the time she got their most of her rifle ammo was gone she would have to save it for a rainy day. Upon arriving at the mall she set a rule for herself. All those around her were to be kept safe. None of them however were to become too special. She couldn't take a loss like her child again.

Present Day

"NOOO" Selene sat up from where she slept screaming. Nightshift was her post and she had normally slept through breakfast and skipped lunch. The crashing sound and gun shots woke her. "F--k it's like waking from one nightmare and into the next" She cursed under her breath as she tossed a hood on and exited the tent to lend a hand.