• 178 results
#1 Edited by The_Walking_Dead (3 posts) - - Show Bio

First lets establish an important fact. You do not have to have read the comic or have watched the television series to participate in this rp. Basic zombie knowledge is all you'll need (they're dead, if they bite or scratch you, you turn. If you die, you turn). The zombies will be NPC (unless you really want to create a zombie but otherwise they'll be NPC). This will be non-canon and non-powers. If you want to make a new account feel free, or you can use your normal account and establish a new persona just for this rp. The current timeline takes place six months after the zombie outbreak, everything is in shambles but whether or not your character knows this already is up to you. You can play any personality type you'd like, but I'd really like to see some diversity. Everybody cant be the leader, everybody cant be the badass. Guns and especially ammunition should be extremely rare. I'd like to see a sense of being overwhelmed developed in the beginning. If you start off easily killing a group of zombies on your own it kind of under sells how lethal/dangerous they are. A single zombie should offer a moderate level of threat but their real strength should rest in their numbers. These zombies do not run but the move efficiently.

Location: You dont have to start off in or around North Carolina, but keep in mind if you're all the way over in Europe the chances of meeting up with anyone in the US are slim to none.

You can treat this thread as both a location thread as well as an event thread. Meaning if you want to do the rapid @ reply style posts you can. Or if you want to do the longer styled posts you can do that as well. I will try my best to keep track of where everyone is as well as updating the status of events. Any question feel free to ask.

• Don't Be A Hero!: NOT Everyone in the apocalypse should be a zombie killing badass, Ash-Knock Off. While it's okay to have one try to give your character depth, Maybe you have a character that is an incredibly strong pit fighter, But wouldn't know how to hold a gun or knife for his life?
  • Don't be a jack of all trades!: THIS Is really important, Balance your characters out with just a handful of skills, Take Glenn from the comics and series for example. He can't fight extremely well, but he's an amazing runner and navigator.

- shadowknight -

You can stretch the fabric of realism to a certain degree, it doesnt have to be die hard realistic. Just be careful not to crossover into the realm of cheesy. Beyond that have fun and lets see what happens.

Rpg Here:

#2 Posted by _Grifter_ (11038 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Walking_Dead:

Good Luck with this!

#3 Posted by Meticulous (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Walking_Dead:

Good Luck!

#4 Posted by Arcadian (376 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny how we were all discussing season 3 in thoughty thoughts and harbringers, now this XD

#5 Posted by Surkit (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna use Tyrese from the book as a look and keep Surkit. Great setup man

#6 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: Nice. I was gonna use Denzel from Book of Eli but opted out.

#7 Posted by Lucrecia (594 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Meticulous (543 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

@Saukerl: @Meticulous: Cept theres an exception to that rule in TWD.

#10 Posted by _Zombie_ (10379 posts) - - Show Bio

Think I'm gonna get in on this. Might make a new character for it, though.

#11 Posted by Meticulous (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler:She is not a beauty queen, but she is still built like a model.

#12 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember the last one of these.

#13 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meticulous said:

@Gambler:She is not a beauty queen, but she is still built like a model.

lol true, but neither was the badass chick from Aliens :P

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#15 Posted by Surkit (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@Surkit: Nice. I was gonna use Denzel from Book of Eli but opted out.

Would've been a tough look.

#16 Posted by Trace_Reeves (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess I could throw up a post.

(Props to who guesses who this is.)

#17 Posted by Surkit (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by Surkit (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted

#19 Posted by _Zombie_ (10379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit said:

Lmfao.

#20 Posted by _Cain_ (23666 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweeeet, I'll have a post up later

#21 Posted by Vengance101 (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Walking_Dead:So no powers, I'm a Lycan does that mean I can't use Lycan abilities?

#22 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vengance101 said:

@The_Walking_Dead:So no powers, I'm a Lycan does that mean I can't use Lycan abilities?

It means you wouldnt be a Lycan at all. Just a normal human separate from your current canon Vine character.

#23 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: Tight post. Is that gas station the same one Alex Raines is at? I assume it is but I wanna make sure.

#24 Posted by Vengance101 (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: so I have to make an alt account or just be peak human?

#25 Posted by _Golem_ (261 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vengance101: I'm reasonably sure you can't be peak human, considering that's unrealistic. Normal human is much more optimal. A hotel clerk with a drug problem, a waitress at a biker bar, a cop, things like that. Super heroes and villains don't exist in the Walking Dead universe. Just normal people, military, bandits, and zombies.
#26 Posted by Vengance101 (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Golem_: do I still have to make an alt account Xp?

#27 Posted by _Golem_ (261 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vengance101: Not my say. Gambler seemed to, so probably a suggested option.
#28 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vengance101:

@The_Walking_Dead said:

If you want to make a new account feel free, or you can use your normal account and establish a new persona just for this rp.

#29 Posted by Surkit (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@Surkit: Tight post. Is that gas station the same one Alex Raines is at? I assume it is but I wanna make sure.

Thanks. Yeah I figure we could kick off some interaction from the gate

#30 Posted by Kalinda (844 posts) - - Show Bio

This show is everywhere I go suddenly.

#31 Posted by _Razor_ (497 posts) - - Show Bio

Damneet the last two died and yet I gota join lol. Revisit my last idea and maybe drop another alt in as well

#32 Edited by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

I want my character to be a pro wrestler returning back to the USA from his gig in Japan

Uses steel chair picked up from expo as anti-zombie weapon, runs most of the time

very effective (+10) against renegade humans at close-mid ranges

#33 Edited by _Grifter_ (11038 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: Tyrese was a favorite of mine from the comic....It's sad that he's not in the show.

#34 Posted by Meticulous (543 posts) - - Show Bio

If I get in on this I am just going to write characters that die in horrible ways, and then you guys can kill them later on, or forget about them. lol

I will just start thinking of different ways people would get devoured by Zombies.

#35 Posted by _Grifter_ (11038 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meticulous: Thinking about writing a couple of disposable villains for it honestly...

#36 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meticulous: @Grift3r: That would actually be kind of cool.

#37 Posted by Meticulous (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Claps! Gambles approves!

#38 Posted by _Decibel_ (761 posts) - - Show Bio

I got myself a look. And a rough character idea. Gonna try to put it to paper when I get home from school tomorrow.

#39 Posted by Surkit (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grift3r said:

@Surkit: Tyrese was a favorite of mine from the comic....It's sad that he's not in the show.

Mine too, so damn original. I wish he was too, heard talks of it before season 3 but they only took on Michonne. They say he might be in s4 though

#40 Posted by _Grifter_ (11038 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Ya gotta fear the living more than the dead.

@Surkit: I wonder how there going to work him and his family into the show. He might be like Michonne, ya know how they introduced her at the end of S2, he might pop up at the end of S3.

#41 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio

i will try and be part of this i love zombie stuff

#42 Posted by Arcadian (376 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit said:

@Grift3r said:

Mine too, so damn original. I wish he was too, heard talks of it before season 3 but they only took on Michonne. They say he might be in s4 though

Dude haven't you heard? Chad Coleman is playing Tyreese and is appearing in either the mid-season finale or the season finale - unconfirmed on which. Chad Coleman was awesome in Left 4 Dead 2 and the Wire :)

#43 Edited by Surkit (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

True, I see them bringing in his daughter and her boyfriend though, or maybe a son and that other daughter of Herschels will hook up, and you know how that went in the comic.

@Arcadian said:

@Surkit said:

@Grift3r said:

Dude haven't you heard? Chad Coleman is playing Tyreese and is appearing in either the mid-season finale or the season finale - unconfirmed on which. Chad Coleman was awesome in Left 4 Dead 2 and the Wire :)

NOYCE! Excited as hell now thanks.

I just typed up a mean post and it got body required -__- I'll have one tomorrow this has me wanting to write.

#44 Posted by Arcadian (376 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a pic of him on set I think in Woodbury -

He looks a LOT like him.

#45 Posted by Surkit (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arcadian: WOOP

I just hope they don't kill him off man, that was a stupid move in the books to me

#46 Posted by Arcadian (376 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: Actually they'll probably kill off Daryl to make room for Tyreese :(

#47 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio

got a little post in

#48 Posted by _Grifter_ (11038 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit said:

True, I see them bringing in his daughter and her boyfriend though, or maybe a son and that other daughter of Herschels will hook up, and you know how that went in the comic.

@Arcadian said:

@Surkit said:

@Grift3r said:

NOYCE! Excited as hell now thanks.

I just typed up a mean post and it got body required -__- I'll have one tomorrow this has me wanting to write.

Now I'm really excited!

@Arcadian said:

@Surkit: Actually they'll probably kill off Daryl to make room for Tyreese :(

And now I'm sad..... I wonder how that's going to play out. If Daryl does take his place then what's going to happen to the Governor's right hand man Merle? You really think he'll continue to stand alongside Gov if that happens? I don't....

#49 Posted by Arcadian (376 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grift3r: Look, here's how it goes - if Merle dies, Daryl lives - if Daryl dies, Merle lives. There's no way around that and if one of the brothers die then it leaves more of an open character development for the other. I hope Merle dies.

#50 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grift3r: i imagine that scenario as Daryll getting the hurt put on him and it being like the end of return of the jedi " help me merle" Merle uses stabby arm and drops the gov into a pit or something lol