"No-one knows what caused it, but one day, the dead started walking. It came out of nowhere, like an earthquake, one that would change America, and maybe the world, forever. The bite of a Walker is worse than a death sentence, it's a guarentee that you'll become one of them, unless you put a bullet in your own head. Or let someone else do it for you.
It's been two months now, and still no word from the outside. We were all in the mall when it hit. Thank God they locked the doors before the Walkers got inside. Course, just cause there were no Walkers didn't mean we were safe. A few of the guys on the inside got bitten. Didn't tell the rest of us until it was too late. About half of us got wiped out by those few victims, before we put them down... That's when we realized how delicate our situation was. A few bites is all it would take to wipe out all of us. We're past that now, locked up inside. No Walkers, no danger. We're safe. But still no word from the rest of the world. And with no-one allowed outside, we don't have any freedom. We're trapped in a cage, while the Walkers taunt us from the outside. It's too much for some people. I'm scared, truth be told. Not of the Walkers, not them... No, I'm scared of these total strangers I got myself locked up with. They look to me as their leader, and that's not a title I chose. It's human nature, to push responsibility onto the next guy. I'm that guy. And these poor suckers are expecting me to lead them to safety, to fix this mess and make it all better again.
My name is Kingsley Kaine. I'm a survivor. But if things keep going the way they are, I won't be one for long."
1. This takes place in an alternate world. You can't use your canon Vine-universe characters. There are no superpowers in this world, you are a normal human being.
2. All characters start in the mall, where they have been for 2 months, since the Walkers first appeared. Please PM -Eclipse- if you would like a different origin.
3. The mall has pretty much everything you could want, within reason. That includes guns, but they are kept locked up to prevent riots.
4. This world has limitations. Ammo is more precious than gold and a gunshot will bring Walkers like a magnet. Conserve your ammo and use your guns sparingly.
5. Your character's look must be from some sort of zombie-related work of fiction. (This isn't a requirement, it's just for fun)
Please fill out this form if you would like to join, to give everyone a better idea about who your character is:
Name:Your character's full name. You're not a superhero, so a real name, please.
Appearance:Your character's official look.
Family and Friends:Any important people in your character's life you'd like to mention, whether they are fellow survivors, Walkers, or whatever.
Traits:This only needs to be a few words to sum up your character. (eg. confrontational, easily angered, selfish)
Public Facts:Your character's life, as you have told it to your fellow survivors in the mall so far. You have been living with them for 2 months, after all. You may indicate when some of this information is only known to one particular survivor, but be aware they may not keep your secrets. Remember, this is only the things you have told the rest of us. You can keep most of your character's secrets to yourself and reveal them later.
Specialisation:Not everyone is a weapons expert, but you can offer other useful skills to the group. Your character could be a good cook, a Doctor, a great scavenger, anything you like.
Please post your completed form here and in the PM (once it is set up), I may add some more sections.
Here is a list of all the characters involved.