#1 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright i was thinking this and Risky brought it up on msn and i said hmmm lets see what other say.

Lets all be honest as Vets the vine rpg world has grown drab and a little non actioned. I look now for rpgs that will keep my attention and that might actually finish, and last one i saw could be that it was finished by myself and Uchiha.

Alot of the vets Myself, Arrow, Gambler, and Andy are no longer on the site as much as we used to. Yeah we do pop in and make ourselves known were not completely gone but Andy is gone most likely forever. Arrow has a life, Gambler.....most likely has a life (lmao ya know im ur bro man just playing) and myself I have a crap computer and work alot therefore some semblence of a life. 

Now that we are all but gone as the Vets of the site who could pull it together and bring this site to what it used to be rpg wise. Heres my roster for each Vet

Gambler-Vance Astro, okay dont all of you pick up the stones all at once alright. Hes a man with a opinion and he does not hold back worth a snot. And in the accounts he has rpged with before he was awesome, please tell me this doesnt sound like Gambler if not what he used to be when the site first started an he didnt care.

Arrow-Again before I say the name put the pitchforks and stones down....alright here we go. Drifter.....(waits for the insults an stones), he is making it in the ranks as the B@stard and the man who can never make his mind up on alliance or bio Arrow used to do this at least with his alliance ALOT in the old days. Drifters learned MANY things from the most evil men of the site (Arrow, Myself, Gambler at a time) and their are more names i just dont care to write them all out. HEs also when not being a Dbag (he makes me proud sometimes) a awesome rpger when he takes the time to make a decent post rather than something quick. He backs alot of his insults an challenges with actually fighting the person, yeah he may not win alot (look at me I hardly ever win anymore yet im still feared as DC). 

Darkchild(ME!!)- Dreadmaster, yeah everyone says HA now but you just wait. This kid will turn into something MASSIVE if you dont pay attention, and now with a portion of Darkchilds power hahahaha your all f@#ked if he decides to go evil again MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Hes an AWESOME rpger and he loves his character just as much as I love Darkchild. Id go as far to say that part of the character of Dreadmaster is based of him just like the darker inibitions within my mind are what I based DC on. I really cant wait to see this kid come up in the ranks.

Andy- Okay he wasnt one of the first Vets but he quickly became one of the Vine Elites, But now that hes gone he needs a replacement. And sadly their really arnt that many heroes around but their is one strong enough to fill his shoes. Our firey lady Nova. Our little firefly has come along way since her first days on the site, And i cant wait to see with retirement something more or just as evil to come onto the site and make her stand up an fight the good old fight.

Alright there it isBring on the hate with my choices or not, but make your own opinions on who could take our places.

#2 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

No one can ever replace the Vet. You guys are legends :D

#3 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix said:
" No one can ever replace the Vet. You guys are legends :D "

Okay this is true hahahaha

But who can be this generations versions of us?

#4 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
throws stones and spits on DC's opinion, flooding the thread with hate because of this blasphemy 

(I had to do it with this account so it wouldn't look like mods are bad examples...but you all know who I am!)
#5 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:
" @Charmix said:

"
Ummmm thats a hard one. Really it is
#6 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jack the Ripper said:
" throws stones and spits on DC's opinion, flooding the thread with hate because of this blasphemy 

(I had to do it with this account so it wouldn't look like mods are bad examples...but you all know who I am!)
"

Pulls out the Bowel Disruptor an turns it to Prolapse and pulls the trigger point blank to Jack
#7 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19266 posts) - - Show Bio

Andy- Myself 
Arrow- ? 
DC- Dreadmaster 
Gambler-?
#8 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix said:
" @Darkchild said:
" @Charmix said:

"
Ummmm thats a hard one. Really it is "

Yeah....kinda, sometimes it just takes a few minutes to think of some people who could be your

Newt

Evil

Goody

and whatever lmao

#9 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:
" @Charmix said:
" @Darkchild said:
" @Charmix said:

"
Ummmm thats a hard one. Really it is "

Yeah....kinda, sometimes it just takes a few minutes to think of some people who could be your

Newt

Evil

Goody

and whatever lmao

"
So many people but can't come up with them xDDD
#10 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

True

#11 Posted by Noah Kenshiki (2489 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice choices, but alot of people would regard Nova as a legend on par with the likes of yourself and Gambler. Though i agree that she can be the next big hero.

#12 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@Noah Kenshiki said:
" Nice choices, but alot of people would regard Nova as a legend on par with the likes of yourself and Gambler. Though i agree that she can be the next big hero. "

She really is one of us, but i think someones gotta watch over the new guys and Feral would be awesome at it along with being this generations Hero

who are u?

#13 Posted by Noah Kenshiki (2489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:
" @Noah Kenshiki said:
" Nice choices, but alot of people would regard Nova as a legend on par with the likes of yourself and Gambler. Though i agree that she can be the next big hero. "

She really is one of us, but i think someones gotta watch over the new guys and Feral would be awesome at it along with being this generations Hero

who are u?

"
Cant argue with that.

Acer
#14 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do they have to newer version of other people? Can't they just be themselves? lol  I think you left out a lot of people & I'm not referring to myself.

#15 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19266 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova is a legend no doubt, and she would get a massive following just like the vets, not to say that she doesn't have it already
#16 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, thanks  for the comparison man, means alot to me...Dreadmaster being the new DC would be VERY tough for me to do and i'll never be like the original man, the other choices are top notch too.

#17 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19266 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady T has a point
#18 Posted by AztekTheLost (370 posts) - - Show Bio

you "vets" are all easily replaceable, you've grown stale over the years and none of this new generation even knows why you guys are legends in the first place, they're just told you are and accept it, you're legends because you were the firsts, if other people had gotten here before you they could be legends too...I mean have you looked back at the stuff that made you legends in the first place? a four year old could have devised it 

I'm not trying to offend (okay maybe a little, at least DC) but it's just plain fact...you've already been replaced 

#19 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll replace all of you :ppp

#20 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady Tlieso said:
"Why do they have to newer version of other people? Can't they just be themselves? lol  I think you left out a lot of people & I'm not referring to myself. "

You might have a point.
#21 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I am the one who brought it up on MSN I might also give my oppinion to that. I might not agree on all choices DC made but I agree on the general topic with my whole heart and think that the latest rpgs were lacking something. And to be honest that were some people who really stood up and made a name for themselves. It has been bad on the hero side and even worse on the villains side and that is what troubles me most. Although I enjoy fighting npcs most I still need a face that I can work against. It is simply not as much fun if there's not a real charismatic or fearsome villain who writes the counterpart and counters our moves. So I ask where might the villains be? I know I am a sucky villain so I don't even try but why haven't we seen a single promising villain in months? 

Rise up to the challenge and shine people, make good villains and make epic plans. make rpging on the Vine fun again. If you are good enough a new hero of hero will arise to challenge you. it's not like the old triad (Gambler, Arrow, DC) started differently.

#22 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady Tlieso said:
" Why do they have to newer version of other people? Can't they just be themselves? lol  I think you left out a lot of people & I'm not referring to myself. "

Lady T-.....their cannot ever be a replacement for Tbird
#23 Edited by Talon/X23 (10489 posts) - - Show Bio

I Agree filling the shoes of the Vets is uncanny it can never be done, you guys where awesome all of you I'm only sad cause I missed all the action and showed up late... And I think that at least Kurrent and Hunter aka Spartan should be up there form my knowledge....

#24 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Noah Kenshiki said:
" @Darkchild said:
" @Noah Kenshiki said:

who are u?

"
Cant argue with that.  Acer "
Whenever a new anime account appears it is always Acer xD
#25 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

The next generation steps in...
#26 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@AztekTheLost said:
" you "vets" are all easily replaceable, you've grown stale over the years and none of this new generation even knows why you guys are legends in the first place, they're just told you are and accept it, you're legends because you were the firsts, if other people had gotten here before you they could be legends too...I mean have you looked back at the stuff that made you legends in the first place? a four year old could have devised it  I'm not trying to offend (okay maybe a little, at least DC) but it's just plain fact...you've already been replaced  "

Kiss my a$$

@Risky said:

" Since I am the one who brought it up on MSN I might also give my oppinion to that. I might not agree on all choices DC made but I agree on the general topic with my whole heart and think that the latest rpgs were lacking something. And to be honest that were some people who really stood up and made a name for themselves. It has been bad on the hero side and even worse on the villains side and that is what troubles me most. Although I enjoy fighting npcs most I still need a face that I can work against. It is simply not as much fun if there's not a real charismatic or fearsome villain who writes the counterpart and counters our moves. So I ask where might the villains be? I know I am a sucky villain so I don't even try but why haven't we seen a single promising villain in months?   Rise up to the challenge and shine people, make good villains and make epic plans. make rpging on the Vine fun again. If you are good enough a new hero of hero will arise to challenge you. it's not like the old triad (Gambler, Arrow, DC) started differently. "

I like the way u did that. 

Very Good

@Talon/X23 said:

" I Agree filling the shoes of the Vets is uncanny it can never be done, you guys where awesome all of you I'm only sad cause I missed all the action and showed up late... And I think that at least Kurrent and Hunter aka Spartan should be up there form my knowledge.... "

They dont ever leave the vine for long periods like we do, so theirs no need to replace them. Specially Hunter
#27 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky said:
"Since I am the one who brought it up on MSN I might also give my oppinion to that. I might not agree on all choices DC made but I agree on the general topic with my whole heart and think that the latest rpgs were lacking something. And to be honest that were some people who really stood up and made a name for themselves. It has been bad on the hero side and even worse on the villains side and that is what troubles me most. Although I enjoy fighting npcs most I still need a face that I can work against. It is simply not as much fun if there's not a real charismatic or fearsome villain who writes the counterpart and counters our moves. So I ask where might the villains be? I know I am a sucky villain so I don't even try but why haven't we seen a single promising villain in months?   Rise up to the challenge and shine people, make good villains and make epic plans. make rpging on the Vine fun again. If you are good enough a new hero of hero will arise to challenge you. it's not like the old triad (Gambler, Arrow, DC) started differently. "

I agree
#28 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky said:
" Since I am the one who brought it up on MSN I might also give my oppinion to that. I might not agree on all choices DC made but I agree on the general topic with my whole heart and think that the latest rpgs were lacking something. And to be honest that were some people who really stood up and made a name for themselves. It has been bad on the hero side and even worse on the villains side and that is what troubles me most. Although I enjoy fighting npcs most I still need a face that I can work against. It is simply not as much fun if there's not a real charismatic or fearsome villain who writes the counterpart and counters our moves. So I ask where might the villains be? I know I am a sucky villain so I don't even try but why haven't we seen a single promising villain in months?   Rise up to the challenge and shine people, make good villains and make epic plans. make rpging on the Vine fun again. If you are good enough a new hero of hero will arise to challenge you. it's not like the old triad (Gambler, Arrow, DC) started differently. "
That deserves a round of applause
#29 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Noah Kenshiki said:
" @Darkchild said:
" @Noah Kenshiki said:

who are u?

"
Whenever a new anime account appears it is always Acer xD "

True
#30 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:
" Kiss my a$$"
thanks for the offer but it wouldn't be right, I'd feel like I'm imposing on Drift's territory
#31 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky:
But how does one create an interesting plot? Now there is a question ^-^ 

*noob here, don't bite hard*
#32 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady Tlieso said:
" Why do they have to newer version of other people? Can't they just be themselves? lol  I think you left out a lot of people & I'm not referring to myself. "
Most truly correct:D
#33 Posted by Noah Kenshiki (2489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Noah Kenshiki said:
" @Darkchild said:
" @Noah Kenshiki said:

who are u?

"
Whenever a new anime account appears it is always Acer xD "
;)
#34 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@darth_brendroid said:
" @Risky: But how does one create an interesting plot? Now there is a question ^-^  *noob here, don't bite hard* "
the plot's usually a mimicry of some comic book event, it's not like any idea is ever original in any medium, it's all in how you present it
#35 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Darkchild said:
" Kiss my a$$"
thanks for the offer but it wouldn't be right, I'd feel like I'm imposing on Drift's territory "

O_O....LMAO!!!!

that was awesome

@dreadmaster said:

" Wow, thanks  for the comparison man, means alot to me...Dreadmaster being the new DC would be VERY tough for me to do and i'll never be like the original man, the other choices are top notch too. "
You got the powers now, so its not too long until it happens
#36 Posted by Talon/X23 (10489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Risky said:
That deserves a round of applause "
Definitely@Darkchild said:
" @AztekTheLost said:
" you "vets" are all easily replaceable, you've grown stale over the years and none of this new generation even knows why you guys are legends in the first place, they're just told you are and accept it, you're legends because you were the firsts, if other people had gotten here before you they could be legends too...I mean have you looked back at the stuff that made you legends in the first place? a four year old could have devised it  I'm not trying to offend (okay maybe a little, at least DC) but it's just plain fact...you've already been replaced  "

Kiss my a$$

@Talon/X23 said:

" I Agree filling the shoes of the Vets is uncanny it can never be done, you guys where awesome all of you I'm only sad cause I missed all the action and showed up late... And I think that at least Kurrent and Hunter aka Spartan should be up there form my knowledge.... "
They dont ever leave the vine for long periods like we do, so theirs no need to replace them. Specially Hunter "
..Damn I was wanting to take Hunter's place....oh well (JK!!!!) I could never replace any body! You guys are all just way to awesome to get close to!
#37 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost:
So someone could just pull a Final Crisis or something if they felt like it?
#38 Posted by Roven Bravoes (599 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky said:
"Since I am the one who brought it up on MSN I might also give my oppinion to that. I might not agree on all choices DC made but I agree on the general topic with my whole heart and think that the latest rpgs were lacking something. And to be honest that were some people who really stood up and made a name for themselves. It has been bad on the hero side and even worse on the villains side and that is what troubles me most. Although I enjoy fighting npcs most I still need a face that I can work against. It is simply not as much fun if there's not a real charismatic or fearsome villain who writes the counterpart and counters our moves. So I ask where might the villains be? I know I am a sucky villain so I don't even try but why haven't we seen a single promising villain in months?   Rise up to the challenge and shine people, make good villains and make epic plans. make rpging on the Vine fun again. If you are good enough a new hero of hero will arise to challenge you. it's not like the old triad (Gambler, Arrow, DC) started differently. "

truer words have yet to be spoken
#39 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@darth_brendroid said:
" @aztek the lost: So someone could just pull a Final Crisis or something if they felt like it? "

Doubtful, but yeah in theory. 
#40 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:
@dreadmaster said:
" Wow, thanks  for the comparison man, means alot to me...Dreadmaster being the new DC would be VERY tough for me to do and i'll never be like the original man, the other choices are top notch too. "
"
The ironic thing is i was planning on me to go red since i first started. lol
#41 Posted by New-Outsiders (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, everyone, this is Slight, I am trying to do exactly what Risky stated, breeding a new fresh group of heroes that are different but can stand the test of time as ICE has done.  

There were so many villian teams that arose in the last couple of months, that no one knew who was who, there...The true evil people such as DC, Gambler, Babs/ Esther, and Mighty Magneto, were part of the Vine Villians and or Hellfire Club. If there comes a time where a decent group of villians arise, then it will be awsome on the vine again... 

What I'm trying to say is that breeding talent takes multiple people to creat one big thing that changes the vine forever...Like for instance, after Light Wars soo many people left the vine, and or let thier characters die...That event was a pinical point, because that is where things started to really go south for CV..
#42 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@darth_brendroid said:
" @aztek the lost: So someone could just pull a Final Crisis or something if they felt like it? "
I haven't read Final Crisis so I don't the plot but sure, we've had Civil War, Secret Invasion, Age of Apocalypse, etc. so as long as someone knows how to make it sound exciting people will jump in...at that point though, the real task comes, to keep everyone excited...their initial enthusiasm wanes after the post is up...but some people just have a gift at making people think they want to participate
#43 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
" @Darkchild said:
@dreadmaster said:
"
The ironic thing is i was planning on me to go red since i first started. lol "

Then hell shall reign down on this world, While i sleep. But like I said dont let the world come to an end for at least six months DC wants some rest
#44 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @darth_brendroid said:
" @Risky: But how does one create an interesting plot? Now there is a question ^-^  *noob here, don't bite hard* "
the plot's usually a mimicry of some comic book event, it's not like any idea is ever original in any medium, it's all in how you present it "
Wanted to tell you the same thing Charmix but Aztek was first and he is absolutely right. Since the times of the old Romans no new plot has been invented so far, it's always the same plots in new clothes. The presentation is all.

Great observation Aztek. Respect.
#45 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@New-Outsiders said:
" Well, everyone, this is Slight, I am trying to do exactly what Risky stated, breeding a new fresh group of heroes that are different but can stand the test of time as ICE has done.   There were so many villian teams that arose in the last couple of months, that no one knew who was who, there...The true evil people such as DC, Gambler, Babs/ Esther, and Mighty Magneto, were part of the Vine Villians and or Hellfire Club. If there comes a time where a decent group of villians arise, then it will be awsome on the vine again...  What I'm trying to say is that breeding talent takes multiple people to creat one big thing that changes the vine forever...Like for instance, after Light Wars soo many people left the vine, and or let thier characters die...That event was a pinical point, because that is where things started to really go south for CV.. "
I was part of the Vine Villians and/or the Hellfire Club :D 

I was also the first member (excluding the guy who created it) of the team account your now posting with and I see I'm still on the page...I didn't realize the New-Outsiders were still active...or neutral
#46 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Darkchild said:
@dreadmaster said:
"
Then hell shall reign down on this world, While i sleep. But like I said dont let the world come to an end for at least six months DC wants some rest "

Grr...I wanted to end it already. >_<' 

lol i will be waiting for your return. >:P
#47 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @darth_brendroid said:
I haven't read Final Crisis so I don't the plot but sure, we've had Civil War, Secret Invasion, Age of Apocalypse, etc. so as long as someone knows how to make it sound exciting people will jump in...at that point though, the real task comes, to keep everyone excited...their initial enthusiasm wanes after the post is up...but some people just have a gift at making people think they want to participate "

GAMBLER!!! LMAO!!

#48 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

I plan on making some big moves with Espada once I have a chance. I have no ideas for Ferro now, though, and very little time even if I did have some.

#49 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the point of this exactly? If you want a triad for this, erm, "generation" of Viners, you're out of luck. There's too much talent in this place to be limited to just three people.

#50 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
" @Darkchild said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Darkchild said:
@dreadmaster said:
"
Then hell shall reign down on this world, While i sleep. But like I said dont let the world come to an end for at least six months DC wants some rest "
Grr...I wanted to end it already. >_<'  lol i will be waiting for your return. >:P "

LOL wont be for a while at least for rpgs