The Vigilantes: Lockdown

DarkSorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarkSorcerer

Charles sat in the main room of the team base, his robot stood behind him as Charles began to speak, “Today is the day.” Charles couldn’t help, but smile behind his mask. He had put so much effort and time into the team, “Today is the day, the Vigilantes is officially a team.” The bot waited for his creator to continue, “And with it being that, I have messed with your programming quite a bit, for you to respond to your new name IRIS

Independent. Response. Intelligence. System.” Charles also pointed towards a screen and the robot now known as Iris looked at the blank screen, “I also gave you a more social appearance.” Iris, looked like a woman with a slight tan, brown hair and hazel eyes. She was dressed as a business woman in blue. The once personal bot of Charles responded, “Well Thank you sir.” Charles rose from his seat, sending out a signal to all the members of their very first meeting, he then walked over to the captain’s chair and took a seat. He took a short drink of water in front of him, then placed his elbows on the table and his fingers pressed against one another as he waited for the other members.

As They swarmed in one by one, Charles once again couldn’t help, but smile once again. They all took a seat, from Charles’s point of view it looked as though the meeting was quite awkward for them, could he blame them. They were strangers, each used to being on their own, each a soldier in all of this. As he rose from his seat, they looked at him for answers.

With all the millions of press conferences, interviews, and flawless speeches, why was it that Charlie could not find what to say? Maybe it was the respect, he had for every single of them sitting before him, maybe it was that he didn’t have his reputation as Charles St. Cloud to back him up, maybe it was just all of it. Whatever, it was it caused him to sort of roughly say, “Listen...” he looked at each of them. “You all know why you’re here. Each of you possess abilities and skills, that making you an asset to this team.” The Crimson Hood watched them then quickly continued, “You each also know, the main reason for this team, we’re doing what needs to be done. We’ll be the heroes this world needs, even if it doesn’t deserve it. My name is The Red Raider and this is our headquarters.” Charles rose his arms in the air and moved them around showing the base, then with a clap of the hands Iris walked out from behind a passage. “This is IRIS, she is something I created to help with the team as much as she can.” His crowd was still a little tense, but they saw that he had put hard work into this situation. “As for this HQ, it is strictly off limits to outsiders, I do not want us to be compromised, because you brought someone in, it would put us all at risk.” he took a drink of water to ease his own nerves, when he proudly said, “So Welcome to the Vigilantes, any questions?” Charles decided to finish on that note, it was something that could clear all the grey areas he himself didn’t clear up.

Charles pulled out his chair taking his seat, ready to answer all the questions his teammates had. The Red Raider had a serious face, like he was in control of everything, but he couldn’t help squeal like a little kid at an ice-cream parlor. His heart was pumping like a hooves on a race track .

Madam_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Madam_Jade

Jade breathed in the cold air of Baltimore, filtered through the thin black fabric covering her mouth. Her eyes traced the streets, the alleys, the rooftops, every detail visible from this high vantage point. There were car horns blaring somewhere in the distance, echoing up at her. Police sirens were slowly joining in on the building cacophony of confusion. She finally narrowed the source of the sound and glared down the street. An old sedan tore around the corner, regardless of the street light, careening through traffic and nearly killing pedestrians. She possessed not the vision of her foe, but she zoomed in by twisting the rim of her red eyepiece and realized that the driver was wearing a black ski mask. His cohorts were crammed into the back seat. Without thinking, she drew a long, slender arrow from the wooden block strapped to her lower back. She lifted her yumi and aimed down from her rooftop perch. She altered his face in her minds eye and fired. The arrow whistled through the air, straight down through the glass and into the driver's throat. Blood erupted onto the windshield and he clamped his hand down around the arrow, aimlessly crashing the car into a light post. As his three partners shuffled out of the back seat, disoriented and soar, the police were already surrounding them.

There was a clean, clear toll and reached into the sash around her waist, pulling out her communicator. It was time.

The archer turned and ran to the opposite ledge of the rooftop, drawing a cylindrical device not much larger than a pen. She drove the spiked end into the concrete beneath her feet and grabbed the steel grip in her left hand, pulling out the steel cable. She took hold of the cable and jumped over the edge. She repelled down the side of the building until she came to a window she had purposely left unlocked the previous day. She kicked it open and swung inside, tugging the line twice. The device was mechanically retracted and she caught it in her hand, tucking it back into her sash before proceeding to the stairwell.

Jade entered the top floor conference room, the floor-to-ceiling windows were tinted on the outside, but light got through nonetheless. She took her seat on the round table and observed in silence as their apparent leader entered the room. She closely examined every face as the man in red spoke, sizing them up, recognizing their potential. She would help them, she would join them in punishing the evil in the world, but her true motivation was to determine who among them would help her cleanse the true evil, the evil only she knew.

The time came when the man in red invited questions. Jade was the first to raise her voice, as uncharacteristic as that seemed. "I have a question." she announced, placing her hand, wrapped in strips of rough, dark cloth on the table. The red lens over her eye peered deeply into each of them as she asked, "How dedicated are you, how far will you go... to purge this world of evil?"

Surefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Surefire

Much to the annoyance of the head of the household, the song "When You Were Young" was blaring from their son's room. And their son, quite honestly, didn't give a damn. He had an essay to finish. "Ugh.. goddamnit, Mr. Johnson. You had to make the paper on freaking recycling, didn't you?" His head leaned back, touching the wall. "Because I just love recycling. Yeah, I look it up on the internet all the damn time!" He secretly hoped that that fat, bald jerk could hear his sarcasm. Zachary was about to go back to typing when there was a toll from his nightstand. "What- GAH!" There was a loud crash as he leaned back too far in the chair, falling to the floor. "Ow, ow, ow, crap, ow.." He got to his feet and walked over to the nightstand, picking it up. He exhaled loudly. "Looks like that's another essay I'm gonna miss.." Locking the door to his room, he walked into his closet and slammed his fist onto a button on the side.

The back of the closet opened up, revealing a mini-room containing all of his gear and a teleporter. Stripping off his clothing, he grabbed his boots and slipped them on. Next came the one-piece bodysuit, then the gloves. Finally, he slipped the eyepiece/mask over his eyes. Grabbing his bow and his quiver, he slipped into the teleporter and synced the coordinates with the location of the communicator's signal. Holding his thumb to the identity scanner, it beeped for a few moments, then he was whisked away.

Before he could say "Allons-y!", or even '"Geronimo", he was outside of a conference room. "Luuuuuccccyy, I'm hooommeee!" He shouted, walking in. The room was full of strange people. Well, mostly strange people. He recognized Radar and Red Raider from before. Folding his arms behind his head, he laced his fingers together, making his arms stretch out in a horizontal fashion, bending at the elbow. He walked over, listening to Raider talk. Zach couldn't help but look at the Chinese archer for a brief moment. Male hormones and all that. His attention quickly snapped back to Raider. "I don't got any. Well, I do, but I don't think asking where the kitchen is would be appropriate right now."

The teenage vigilante did, however, hear the girl's question. "Huh." His bottom jaw cocked to the side a little, then back. "I guess as far as it takes. Not like I got much to leave behind anyways." He looked around the room for a few moments, blinking.

Shooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shooter

The sky is a muddy grey, making it impossible to decipher what time of day it is. The house is a simple two story design, circa 1920. Its white paint job has become dull from lack of upkeep; the windows are boarded up, nailed shut from the outside.

Yolanda Watson, a woman of about twenty six, dressed in a white T-shirt, blue jeans, and tennis shoes walks the perimeter of the house, her face hidden thanks to the shadow. Inspecting the boards attach to the windows; she grabs the boards, shaking them slightly to check for their strength. Behind her back, as she circles the house, she then goes up to her room and falls asleep. This is the life of an assassin.

“Dude, What the F*** is up with all the noise” The ominous glow from the moon hit her dirty, sun burnt blinds. Getting out of bed; she waked over to the window, sliding her fingers through the blinds to see nothing but darkness. Initially she thought it was odd; however she paid it no mind, climbing back into bed, and closing her windows to the world. That is until she heard a loud crashing noise come from down stairs in the cellar. She quickly got out of bed and readied her 12 gauge shot gun. Going to her junk drawer, and found a flashlight. Grabbing on to the banister, with the hand her light source was in, while still holding the shotgun.

Glancing around, she saw nothing but; a few antic furniture and proof that she was a pack rat. Moving her flash light from left to right, she saw a figure move in the shadows and then slowly moved towards it, she was silent crossing her feet over each other after every step.

However she made a huge mistake by taking the final step, there was a loose for board between the 6 and the 7 plank, no matter what touched it; it always managed to sequel. The odd part was, she wasn’t the one who touched that part of the floor. “Oh f!ck” she screamed, running up the steps scared sh!tless at the sight of a raccoon. From the top of the steps; she fired her 12 gauge blowing the raccoon to bits.

“Damn, my soaps will be on in an hour”

Later

Taking her trash to the trashcan, she gazed around at the empty streets; she couldn’t believe that the streets of the boulevard were completely empty. She was a bit skeptical so she went into the house, and picked up the phone. She dialed her next door neighbor, they didn’t answer phone. She looked at the coon, and began to wonder; she dragged the body down the steps outside and buried it in her back yard. She then went into the house, little wearied out by the situation.

“Man, I need to go find a job” she said, scratching her boob before heading back into her home.

_Project_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _Project_

Boston, one week ago-

"Hehehe... this ones nice boss." said a man. In a cage in front of him, a large, unfed dog barks and growls. "He'll be good and ugly once he gets into enough fights." said the man's 'boss'. They stood in a barely lit basement. A man sat at the table behind them counting money. Thunder could be heard from above, making the dog bark more and more. The 'boss' kicked the cage. "Save it for the ring mutt!" he yelled. At that same moment, a loud knock at the door could be heard. The boss's companion walked up to the door, and reached for the handle. Right when he was about to open the door, the wood splinters and breaks as it's kicked right off the hinges, sending the man down under it. A large silhouette could be seen in the night outside, standing still. 

The boss pulled a gun. "Who the hell are you?!" he yelled as he aimed. The silhouette stood there silently for a second, before marching forward. "F#ck off!" the boss yelled as he fired a shot. The silhouette burst into a sprint, taking the bullet head on. Before the boss could fire off another shot, the man had him by the wrist. He coughed out when the intruder punched him in his throat, falling forward. The intruder stomped on his wrist, kicking the gun out of his hand. He looked at the man counting money, who had pulled a gun, and threw a knife, which impaled itself in the man's eye. He fell back in a bloody heap. The intruder walked up to the cage with the dog in it, and stared into the abused soul's eyes. The boss tried to crawl over to his gun, but the intruder knew better. He walked behind the cage and opened it up. The dog leaped out, right onto the boss. The man screamed as his flesh was torn into by the beast seeking revenge. The intruder stepped out as he came in. His job was done. 

Vigilantes HQ, Present-

Daniel stepped into the conference room, silently as always. He wore a trench coat, boots, a hat, black gloves, and his face... his bandages. He took a seat, not saying a word about his lateness. The man in red was saying words he didn't exactly care to listen to. As the man in red asked for questions, Daniel simply took off his hat, staying silent. He was examining the group.... The man known as Red Raider, an Archer, and a woman.. no, a girl. He wondered about them, he didn't know any of them at all, yet he chose to join them. His silence readied to break as the girl asked her question. His blue eye twitched. After a few seconds of silence, he stood up. He lifted his gloved hand to the back of his head, and began to untie his bandages. They unraveled, revealing the disgusting burnt monster underneath. His eyes looked at each of the members at the table, emotionless. They finally landed on the girl who had asked the question. "Evil did this to me. I'm willing to do everything, and anything, to make sure it doesn't do this to anyone else. I'll die before evil finally crawls to some hole to rot, but until then, I'll be here." he sighed a bit, stood there silently for a few seconds, then sat back down and slowly began wrapping his bandages back on.
DarkSorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarkSorcerer

Charles listened to the young woman’s question, and just by her tone he knew she would go the distance, he knew not the reason nor the back story of the woman, but he could sense her passion. She had a good reason and that’s all that mattered. He finally replied after the wounded man removed his bandages. “Jade, I’m sure each one of us would go as far as it takes, we’ve all seen what this world has become, and what that can do to people.” Charlie’s sentence was followed by his teammates nodding.

Charles paused for a moment, he wasn’t sure what else to say. He thought he had covered everything, “Oh, if you ever need to contact a fellow teammate or IRIS, the communicators I gave you would do just that.” The Red Raider grabbed a prototype communicator and continued speaking, “All you have to do is press this button and say who you would like to speak to an---” Charles was interrupted abruptly, by a vibration and flashing light from his wristband, the effect was the same on the team’s communicators. Charles was caught off guard a bit, he froze for just a second.

“You can handle this. Be in control, be the leader that you are.” he thought to himself.

A 3 dimensional hologram appeared on top of the middle of the table, “Alright listen team, 2 minutes ago Blackgate, an international maximum security prison stationed in Texas. Home to the tops dogs of criminal activity. These people are the best at what they do, and what they do isn’t nice. It is absolute chaos and the prisoners are loose inside.” Charles paused as he looked at each one of his teammates, “OUR JOB, is to keep them in and then contain them.” His voice was serious, his former welcoming tone was gone and lost, now he sounded like a leader. “Follow me.”

Moments Later, Underground.

The new team entered into the actual base, “the cave”. Charles crossed through passage after passage until he entered a room full of vehicles for transportation from a motorcycle to a jet. The Red Raider could feel his team’s awe, and they most likely wondered how he got it. Charles moved in closer to the jet made for the Vigilantes, “This Lady and Gentlemen is the BlackHawk 2.0.” Charles entered quickly, with no time to waste, he prepared the plan for take off. When it got up to cruising altitude, he unbuckled himself and advised the others do so as well. There was a center table in the jet, Charles pressed a button, and hologram of Blackgate appeared, “This is a blueprint of Blackgate, though I would hate to spread us thin, it would be the most effective and quickest way to contain the situation. Project, you and Jade will take the front entrance work together and expect confrontation as soon as you enter.” He looked at the two, they nodded for confirmation, he then turned to Radar and Surefire, “You two will enter via drop off onto the roof, be stealthy and control the situation.” As he finished his sentence he could tell from their looks, asking, “So what are you going to do?” “I will circle around after the drop off of Radar and Surefire, to enter the small back entrance that most likely only the veteran criminals would know of.” Charles felt in the zone after the speech, he was pumped as anyone could be.

“Approaching Target.” IRIS voice was heard. “IRIS engage Stealth mode.” Charles replied. “Stealth mode engaged.”

“Perfect.” The Crimson Hood thought to himself. In a matter of second they dropped off Jade and Project quite a distance from the prison, the jet engine was quiet and could only be heard by trained ears as he dropped of Radar and Surefire. The Jet zoomed past the prison, “IRIS, control the jet to set a perimeter around Blackgate, just in case of a quick getaway is needed.” “Yes sir.” Charles smirked as he finally dropped of the jet and landed on Texas soil. He ran as fast as a gazelle towards the prison, his steps drew silent as he approached the door.

Shooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shooter

She walked around her house in her see through bra and panties, brushing her teeth. She figured today would be a good a day as any to finally find herself a job; hopefully something that didn’t resort to people seeing her bra. She was formerly with the government group known as the PISTON’s a group of highly trained sports athlete’s that handled affairs with Interpol. Since being let go, ever job she had after that seemed sub-par; either that or she was fired for one reason or another.

The will for actually doing something other than espionage wasn’t there for her; the dangerous life made living worth it. Everyone knows they will die at some point and time; she preferred to defy it at any chance she got.

She made sure she looked and smelled extra nice today, hoping to land something that could aid in her fixing up this dump she called a home. From the corner of her eye she saw, that reporters were reporting on a breech a maximum security prison, not too far from her current location. She had heard of this place before; it was really bad sauce; some of the most dangerous criminals one could possibly fathom dwelled within the corridors of this prison.

“Oooooo….” She said, with her green eye’s slowly bulging at the thought of action. “It seems to me that there are people now trying to get IN the prison” the reporter said, moving to the side as the first televised act of the team that would eventually be called the Vigilante’s moved into motion. “Well…” she said, standing staring at the screen. “I wouldn’t be by myself…” she said, with her hands starting to twitch at her side. “Who the hell am I kidding” she said, quickly dashing into her bedroom; she slid across her bed sweating feverishly with excitement.

Removing the contents of her Nike shoe box she held her, desert eagles in hand with pleasure. “It’s certainly been a long time” she said, cradling the two blades as if they came from her womb. Putting on her trademarked white T-shirt, she headed outside to her motorcycle. The black and yellow Suzuki crotch rocket revved between her thighs; putting her helmet down over her head; she sped off towards I-10.

Her hair blew wildly behind her, giving her bike a bit more gas she eclipsed 110 mph easily; she didn’t worry too much about the local authorities given her cause they would probably allow her to get away with it regardless. Exiting the highway she barreled down the lonely road until she got to the prison.

Getting off her bike, she crept low towards the entrance; this was so that any of the inmates on the inside, who happened to be near a monitor wouldn’t be able to notice her off bat. She rolled towards the entrance only to see that there was already someone here. Using her weapon to wipe her hair from her face she introduced herself. “Names’ Yolanda, you can call me Shooter” she said, ‘pieing” around a corner to make sure it was clear.

“Not sure who you are or what organization you work with but, I think it’d be best if we worked together” she said, staying low moving towards the innards of the prison yard; from not too far she could see two inmates wailing on a defenseless guard. Switching the face on her gun to; that of a tranquilizer; she shot one of the inmates hoping to take him down quickly and quietly.

Madam_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Madam_Jade

Jade dove down into the sloped grass fields alongside the road. She could barely hear the engines of the jet stirring just overhead. It was discomforting to know that such technology existed, and that it could fall into the hands of just about anyone. She looked down the long, desolate stretch of asphalt, spying the industrial monolith of concrete and steel that housed all of the evils of the world that could fit within its walls. Better to have them all in one place, she thought, easier to hunt.

The archer looked around, and there was no cover in any direction from the bright golden sunlight of the Texas afternoon, only open fields of dying brush that filled the air with its dry scent. Creatures began chirping in unison so loudly that she could barely hear the uproar of ferocious prisoners a mile down the road. A megaphone blared in the distance. It was too distorted for her to make out, but it was certainly something about negotiation and resolving things peacefully. She was hardly surprised when the speech was cut short, no doubt by violent means. The police waiting idly outside the gates had failed to understand one simple fact, monsters find themselves in prison because they have no interest in resolving things peacefully.

Without signalling to her partner, Jade crouched down and ran alongside the road, moving with a speed and silent grace that left not a single blade of grass crushed in her wake. It was something taught to her by a dead man. She had no need to look back and see if the one called Project was following her. He was as driven and decisive as her, as dedicated to the cause of destroying evil, and protecting others from the life he now lived. In many ways, the two were alike, but there was one difference that she could not ignore... his face. When she looked upon his face, Jade could only see the scarred flesh of her tormentor. When last they met in San Francisco almost a year ago, the man who murdered her family removed his mask and showed her the mark of his sins. Indeed, he had paid a heavy price, but nowhere near heavy enough. Certainly, there were differences between Longshot's face and Project's, but whenever her mind wandered to the image of him removing the bandages around his face, she thought only of the miserable soul who had revealed his true self as they dueled to the death, the man who had left her drenched in her family's blood.

As they approached the prison, Jade steered deeper into the brush until she was away from the central gathering of police around the front gate. Inside, the courtyard was filled by a blur of orange, rioters charging and stomping the ground and waving sticks adorned with flaming paper high in the air. She picked out a police cruiser parked just around the corner, which had only two officers standing nearby. Perfect.

Without hesitation, the serpent burst from the high brush and dashed through the street, jumping up onto the back bumper of the car. By now, officers were calling out to her, but they were too late to do anything. A pair of knives flew from her hand, slicing the barbed wire stretched across the top of the nine foot fence. The sharp wire coiled up and dangled at either fence post, allowing her plenty of clearing as she jumped from the roof of the car, catching onto the top of the fence with one hand and effortlessly vaulting over it. Her feet landed delicately on the thick layer of dust and dirt that coated the harsh concrete ground of the prison courtyard. Already, three prisoners were upon her. One felt his leg snap in half, only held together by a tenuous strand of skin, the second watched as his elbow jerked back and split open, warm, dark blood erupting in his face as he was flung back face first into the fence. The third trembled as a slender hand, fingers joined in a singular point, jabbed into the base of his rib cage, a sharp twist driving it through the skin. Icy fingertips fanned out and scraped his lungs. Blood trickled from his mouth and the hand was drawn harshly back out of his chest. The inmate was flung back into the crowd, giving Jade enough time to scoop up her discarded knives, taking one in each hand. No use wasting arrows at short range. They simply had to fight through the crowd, around the corner of the Eastern wing, and make it down the straightaway to the main entrance. Jade's fingers tightened around her blades. She turned and gave a knowing gesture to Project before diving into the crowd of furious inmates. This was a war, and these were merely the foot soldiers.