The Thousand Worlds of Rytorus (CnVU playable faction)

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TimeSiphon

There are many empires in the depths of the Universe, powers great and small that often conflict with one another over resources, ideology or for the simple joy of warfare. Among these nations great and small is the Thousand Worlds of Rytorus, a Federation of allied worlds that long ago formed a single cohesive government based upon the ever increasing need for self defense in an aggressive region of space. The Thousand Worlds began as a much smaller organization, a loose collection of worlds determined to defeat a specific enemy. The original alliance eventually defeated its enemy and gathered to its cause additional worlds as more and more space faring races revealed themselves to be violent and warlike. Originally known as the Federation of the Rytorus Cluster and then The Alliance of Rytorus, the Thousand Worlds was renamed upon the acceptance of its thousandth planet to the alliance for the purposes of creating an intimidating political identification. Few are the alien species willing to fight an alliance composed of a thousand worlds.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Each world of the alliance is represented in a vast parliamentary body and there is no executive body as is typical to most other forms of government. The parliamentary body passes any necessary laws or alliance amendments while individual worlds are left to police their own citizens. Each world must contribute no less than thirty percent of its financial budget to the defense of the Thousand Worlds with many worlds operating as star-ship construction facilities. In times of war the Thousand Worlds of Rytorus are commanded by fleet admirals, each of whom reports to The Infinite Master (or Mistress, depending upon gender) whom is given complete and total control over all Thousand World military forces. There has been one standing Infinite Mistress for the last ten thousand years, the Time Siphon known as Raeyn. Though rarely present within Thousand Worlds territory, Raeyn has always returned when called into action. The reason for this unusual loyalty is a mystery but none question Raeyn's effectiveness in commanding the combined might of the Thousand Worlds of Rytorus.

The fleets of Rytorus are comprised of thousands of varying designs but all are focused entirely on warfare. Not one Rytorian fleet vessel is dedicated to any other task. The crushing power of the Thousand Worlds is backed by a dozen war like species all too happy to bring the hammer down on anyone crazy enough to threaten Rytorus or any of its protectorates. The preferred method of warfare is to arrive with overwhelming force and leave a lasting memory of defeat on the enemy. There is no mercy when fighting a war, the Thousand Worlds of Rytorus do not take prisoners, they do not show mercy and they do not relent. Whether an enemy finds themselves fighting a thousand small ships or six massive ones, they will remember the fight, if any of them survive to do so.

Thousand World weapon systems are as varieds as their ship designs. Some seem relatively primitive relying mostly on kinetic energy weapons and missile systems but these are typically applied in massive quantities and with overwhelming amounts of fire. Other more powerful weapons are deployed in lesser numbers but make up for their lack of quantity with pure quality. The diversity of forces allows the Thousand Worlds to respond to virtually any foe with the right tool in the right place.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

If the Thousand Worlds lack anything it is a coherent and effective ground force. They typically win wars by blockading planets, destroying fleets and denying areas of control with their vast and powerful fleets. If forced into a ground war the resources available to the Thousand Worlds will allow them to carry on the fighting virtually indefinitely but they will rarely win. The same diversity of forces and array of weapons that makes them a power house in space reduces the Thousand World ground forces to poorly coordinated war bands. The most common deployment of ground forces comes at the defense of a Protectorate attacked by opposing ground forces, where planetary bombardment would cause as much harm as good.

oc: I have intentionally left the races that comprise the Thousand Worlds out of this post. I want to leave it open for anyone that feels like playing in the space sand box. If you have an alien race and have any interest in it being part of something larger, feel free to call it a member world of the Thousand Worlds of Rytorus. Aside from military contribution requirements and a few trade laws the planets are largely left to their own devices when it comes to culture and government. Feel free to play in the sand box =). I'll be introducing at least one element of the Thousand Worlds to Warsman's RP but they will be ground forces.

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@embargo:

Thanks. It took so freaking long to find some of those GIFS.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually so cool omg

Trickshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mastermouse: *hyper-ventilates*

M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-Master Mouse!

MasterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MasterMouse

@trickshot: Helloo friend! :P
I don't actually know who you are though bc yaknow alts

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Badass as fck btw ^_^

Trickshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trickshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mastermouse: I remember when you were dead, and then I was dead, and then you weren't, and then I wasn't.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MasterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MasterMouse
Trickshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mastermouse: And then the dude who killed us both died.

And now he's Nox.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Glacier_

@mastermouse: So Mistro officially changed his name to Mighty Mouse?

Too bad! I renamed it Dark Horizon! xP

MasterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trickshot: Superheros and death are a fun mix lol
@_glacier_ It has mouse, close enough
And omg did you really

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman:

Yep. Technically you can even join.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_: Tru
Oh whale
I'll give it back to you soon :P

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon:

We need to decide like a map or something. Territories and stuff.

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman:

Like a big giant map of the CNVU universe?

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman:

Hm...I'm not good enough with images to do that, but I would be happy to point out where my space bound races are located if someone provided a map.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon:

Like just a picture of the Milky Way Galaxy?

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman:

The Time Siphons are quite distant from the Milky Way (rather far across the Universe actually). The Thousand Worlds would sit within the milky way.

A few different galaxies would probably be best, but I suspect that a vast majority of alien locations on the CVnU are in the Milky Way, so that probably works, yeah.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon:

Personal canon is that the Imperium guards the further reaches of the Milky Way with a greater presence outside in another galaxy. Warp technology.

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman:

I don't have a location for the Thousand Worlds yet, but it's probably closer to the center of the galaxy.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

(Not bad, not bad at all.)

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon:

Makes sense.

Symaar Primus is way off-center from the Milky Way, but acts as the spiritual anchor for the Imperium. We can have tons of fortress worlds and the like as well. Might have to incorporate that into Warsman's invasion as well, because the Symaarians would not abide.