Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Chicago, 11:35 PM, Mile's Manor

The temperature had been somewhat frigid during the course of the entire day, proceeding to worsen as the sun went down. At this point, nightfall had already come, though the skies were kept lit by a multitude of stars. If one had been standing outside, there breath would more then likely be rising in mist. Most people around this area had returned to their homes, longing for warmth after enduring a days worth of work or labor in chilly weather. Indeed, most of the houses in the vicinity had darkened, lights plainly having been shut off to enable the rest of those inside. One person in particular, however, was just getting home..

Alexander Miles, as the public knew him, had just arrived at his rather ornate manor after having spent hours at S.T.A.R Labs, overseeing projects, aiding in the creation of new technologies, and primarily aiding new workers. Indeed, his ebony minivan had only just been parked near the entrance. In another moment, his tall, lanky form had stepped from within it. The profound scientist appeared to be wearing a long-sleeved, umber colored shirt underneath an ivory coat, along with an ebony pair of pants. While one more then likely wouldn't tell, Christopher was shaking his head in apparent indignation, muttering something beneath his breath about "Out of date transportation."

However, soon enough he was walking towards the entrance to his home, unlocking the large, umber colored door merely seconds afterwards.

Interior

The sight appeared nothing short of magnificent. With its splendid ornaments upon the walls, mahogany furniture that appeared to be crafted of wood, and comfortable-looking sofas. The air rather smelled of a peculiar, fresh smelling fragrance, and the temperature inside was quite toasty, in direct contrast to the outside. Removing his glasses as well as his coat, Christopher strode down one of the hallways to the right. He neither went upstairs to his room, nor to any other known area of the house, and instead appeared to simply be trailing down this particular hallway.

Suddenly, he had stopped, in what appeared to be the center of the hallway itself. Glancing towards a rather ordinary place in the wall, he had promptly extended his arm to trace his hand across... well... aside from the umber wall, nothing in particular. However, as he did so, something had begun to emit an azure glow where he had touched. An odd mechanical noise sounded from within the wall, and a few moments later, the wall itself had appeared to have opened into a darkened room, one which he hastily stepped within.

The entrance into the room had closed behind him, putting him into pitch darkness. "Go ahead and power on, Charles..." He finally spoke, in a placid tone of voice. Almost as though the room itself had listened to his remark, Christopher was suddenly bathed in somewhat azure light, permitting the rest of the room to be seen.

Charles
Charles

This secluded area of the house had a vastly different color scheme than its exterior, consisting of grey and white walls rather then Christopher's favored umber. The walls themselves possessed odd, round formations upon them. Towards the other end of the room, there appeared to be something of a pedestal, colored white, and with a single, black button upon it. In the corner, opposite to the entrance, Christopher's distinctively yellow speedster costume appeared to be propped within a sort of casing. A silvery colored device had been placed upon the center of the costume, emitting a faint, orange light.

"Welcome, Doctor!" A sudden mechanical voice spoke. The cobalt head of the Reverse Speedster's A.I had shimmered on in holographic form, beaming at the scientist's return. "Why thank you, Charles, good to be back here. At the very least, it's some reminiscent of home..." Christopher drawled, maneuvering towards his costume at a gradual pace. Extending his hands out, he had grasped the silver device that lingered upon his suit, before turning to his personal A.I. "Well, Charles, its certainly been an interesting week... Based on information I've gathered from the probe I assigned to follow my unknowing ancestor, the Liafador family wants to bring the Knightfalls to extinction." At this, the scientist actually chuckled, saying, "My dear family, under someone claiming to be a Knightfall, actually had a meeting. And they didn't tear each other apart."

He had shaken his head in slight disbelief, now tampering with the peculiar device he had taken off of his suit. "The Liafadors have definitely complicated things. Especially if they go after Marcus, in which, I'll be forced to intervene. Of course, I'm somewhat apprehensive of going after them. Their deaths certainly won't be a small event. And I don't want to end up worsening the future that I go back to," He continued, walking up to the pedestal directly in front of Charles, who remained silent for the time being.

"However, with the Cardinal Queen's recent declaration of war, I may just have to step in and... shorten the Liafador chapter in the history books..." His demeanor was one of mock weariness, solidified as he said, "And to think, I thought the future could be one giant mess at times. You really don't appreciate history as much until you're living it. However..."

Rather abruptly, he had placed the glowing device open his chase. As he did so, it had created a rather distinctive, machine-like noise, not unlike the entrance to this hidden room. The device had latched onto his chest, spreading somewhat across it. The orange light emitting from it had become considerably brighter, and the device itself radiated a faint aura. Oddly enough, odd ripples of energy were visibly moving across the Reverse Speedster's chest.

No Caption Provided

"Before I can even begin considering wiping out an entire family, I still need to think of more ways to power my speed," He said, placing his hands upon the device on his chest. "Charles, how much longer will this machine continue to energize my capabilities?" Christopher asked, briskly. "Scans show that the device will last for only a few more days, Doctor. However, at controlled rates, you possess enough of the Speed-Force to utilize your superhuman speed for greater lengths of time. You are getting closer to gaining back full connection to the force," Charles replied, at last.

"Shame..." Christopher remarked, sounding somewhat discontent with the fading lifespan of the energy machine. "I'll have to procure another, that or use what resources I possess to build another."

"I apologize, sir," Charles said, sounding rather sympathetic for an artificially created intelligence.

"Don't worry about it, Charles. At the very least, I'm getting closer to regaining the full extent of the Speed-Force. And soon enough, we'll locate the one who condemned us here in the first place," He ended, finally removing the device from his chest. At the very least, judging by the somewhat satisfied look upon his face, the device had granted him enough energy to carry out a few tasks as the Reverse Speedster.

As Christopher turned towards his suit, Charles faded out behind him, automatically. For a mere split second, his eyes had flashed crimson..

His voice sounding distinctively distorted, now having been charged with a substantial amount of energy, The Speedster uttered, "My undertaking is at hand..."

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn son. This was really good. Suspenseful too. Dug the bit about shortening the Liafadors chapter in history.

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your writing is seriously getting better with each post, this was a great read

_Pariah_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was amazing.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Amazing read. I can tell we're gonna be at odds soon, I can feel it. Again, brilliant post.

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everybody got a bone to pick with the Liafadors...sounds like someone has a PR issue :)

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: Dem Liafadors causing too much trouble. Gotta cross em off :)

@pyrogram: Thanks, bro! I should bring over Christopher to interact with Kurt sometime.

@_pariah_: Thank ya, thank ya!

@kai_aurelius: Thanks man, been trying to further improve my writing!

@alexander_apex: It's a shame, the Liafador chapter was one of his favorites. xD, Thanks, G!