The Sahi Republic (work in progress)

Avatar image for spectacle_storytelling
Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is my take on another of my Dad's old D&D creations. I've always wanted to use this one since it's such a unique concept.

No Caption Provided

-The Black Republic-

The Sahi Republic, also known as the Black Republic by other nations, is a thriving magic-based civilization spanning several hundred star systems. Sahi culture is unique because it is based around necromancy. The Sahis treat their living the way we might treat our children. An individual living in the Sahi Republic will spend his or her entire life learning from their undead elders and serving the republic in their own way. When the time comes, a ceremony is held. The individual's family and friends gather around them as they recite an oath of loyalty to the republic. A ceremonial dagger is then forced through their heart. After the individual has expired they are resurrected as an undead. This marks the official beginning of their Sahi citizenship and is followed by a grand celebration.

-Class System-

The social status one is given in the republic is permanent and is determined by how well an individual lived. The greater the man or woman, the higher in society they will be placed. Each social class is a different type of undead. There are many variations, of course, but there are five main groups.

Mindless (zombies)- The Mindless are the lowest class in society. To become a Mindless is to bring dishonor and shame to your family. They retain none of their memories or personality and have virtually no free will. They are used as family servants or as slaves to the republic.

Deathless (mummies)- The Deathless keep their memories but lose much of their personality. They are typically skilled workers, craftsmen, or shopkeepers.

Formless (ghosts)- The Formless were valued in life for their minds, and therefore had no further need of their bodies. Formless are scholars, philosophers, and mathematicians.

Bloodless (vampires)- The Bloodless are the warriors and the lawmen of the republic. They keep their bodies strong by feeding on blood, which the living willingly provide.

Great Ones (death knights/liches)- The Great Ones are the highest and most respected members of society. They are the high ranking government and military officials of the republic. It is believed that all who reach this level are destined for greatness.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I love class systems. This looks good lol

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pretty cool idea this is actually. Very creative.