#51 Posted by The_Mercenary (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how all the characters had a history with each other. It's not like that today. These days people just tend to stick to their own clique's...

#52 Posted by _Hawk_ (2058 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky said:

@Redletter: Example

I miss those days. It was so much easier to do dialog cause you could say something....wait ten minutes and then have a response from the other person.

I think Wanted was were one of the first were they became a little longer posts.

#53 Posted by Kiddevil (7477 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mercenary: Yeah Risky Loves to rant about how most of today's RPGers only care bout their own characters it kinda sucks.

#54 Posted by The_Mercenary (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil: She rants because it's true. The RPG section has become a contest of showing-off just what your character can do instead of what it can't. If that makes sense...

#55 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mercenary said:

I love how all the characters had a history with each other. It's not like that today. These days people just tend to stick to their own clique's...

Exactly! Thats why I hate RPGing today. I feel like the vine needs more interaction. WE need more people rping with other people instead of close nit groups just doing it with each other.

#56 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mercenary said:

@kiddevil: She rants because it's true. The RPG section has become a contest of showing-off just what your character can do instead of what it can't. If that makes sense...

WE've lost the art of selling.

#57 Posted by The_Mercenary (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan: Yes. Isn't it amazing how Gambler somehow had a connection to every single character.. somehow.

#58 Posted by Kiddevil (7477 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

@The_Mercenary said:

@kiddevil: She rants because it's true. The RPG section has become a contest of showing-off just what your character can do instead of what it can't. If that makes sense...

WE've lost the art of selling.

YES MERC! If your character could do EVERYTHING it would be boring as hell. And yes its a lost art :(

#59 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mercenary: It was simple. There were so few of us back then. Like Gambler and Kiara. Originally they met BEcause of Maelstrom's character. And then as we both developed our characters so did the relationship. True writing is like a dance. Especially when other people are involved. You bob and weave and create this beautiful storyline. FOr as long as I can remember Gambler and Kiara have been friends. Even when Kiara was a heroine she held the utmost respect for Gambler. She's betrayed him, loved him, given her life for him, and so much more. The same goes for alot of other characters. I always took into account what they have done and how the characters would fit. (I think I rambled)

#60 Posted by The_Mercenary (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan: Just a lil.

#61 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that made me think.

#62 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Sorry What I meant is that We didnt just jump into an rpg all willy nilly. We did research and talked to each other and sorted out how characters met or how they would interact. Sometimes it came naturally. Sometimes it was a bit of work.

#63 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan: I'll try to do that more often then.

#64 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mercenary said:

@Kiara_Sullivan: Yes. Isn't it amazing how Gambler somehow had a connection to every single character.. somehow.

Different times, We all had characters that rolled with each other and people where willing to take hits, Hell I still won't battle anyone unless it made sense for my character to fight them. The Vine changed became more about teams and less about Characters. The vine lost part of what made RPing so close, we all sought to build each other. Now day's it does happen as long as no one gets screwed over! The big thing now is keeping face, I remember when I use to die every other day to help bulid stories the Last KOV I was in I steped out during a fight as Con had a better story then me. But things became different and it's no one's fault we all changed with it and we have all at some point not sold another teams/persons moves as it may make us look bad.

#66 Posted by Redletter (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

@The_Mercenary: It was simple. There were so few of us back then. Like Gambler and Kiara. Originally they met BEcause of Maelstrom's character. And then as we both developed our characters so did the relationship. True writing is like a dance. Especially when other people are involved. You bob and weave and create this beautiful storyline. FOr as long as I can remember Gambler and Kiara have been friends. Even when Kiara was a heroine she held the utmost respect for Gambler. She's betrayed him, loved him, given her life for him, and so much more. The same goes for alot of other characters. I always took into account what they have done and how the characters would fit. (I think I rambled)

No not rambled reminisced, which is nice to do when you have good memories you write them down

#67 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

DC, Gambler, And Arrow used to die A LOT!

I think I died twice. Once during Civil War and another to save a dead Gambler lol

#68 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

@Final Arrow said:

@The_Mercenary said:

@Kiara_Sullivan: Yes. Isn't it amazing how Gambler somehow had a connection to every single character.. somehow.

Different times, We all had characters that rolled with each other and people where willing to take hits, Hell I still won't battle anyone unless it made sense for my character to fight them. The Vine changed became more about teams and less about Characters. The vine lost part of what made RPing so close, we all sought to build each other. Now day's it does happen as long as no one gets screwed over! The big thing now is keeping face, I remember when I use to die every other day to help bulid stories the Last KOV I was in I steped out during a fight as Con had a better story then me. But things became different and it's no one's fault we all changed with it and we have all at some point not sold another teams/persons moves as it may make us look bad.

You can kill me any day Arrow

#69 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redletter said:

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

@The_Mercenary: It was simple. There were so few of us back then. Like Gambler and Kiara. Originally they met BEcause of Maelstrom's character. And then as we both developed our characters so did the relationship. True writing is like a dance. Especially when other people are involved. You bob and weave and create this beautiful storyline. FOr as long as I can remember Gambler and Kiara have been friends. Even when Kiara was a heroine she held the utmost respect for Gambler. She's betrayed him, loved him, given her life for him, and so much more. The same goes for alot of other characters. I always took into account what they have done and how the characters would fit. (I think I rambled)

No not rambled reminisced, which is nice to do when you have good memories you write them down

Reminisced is a very good word for it. Sometimes I wish I could go back. Everything was so much simpler then. I'd change a lot of things I did in the past.

#70 Posted by Redletter (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan: XD wouldn't we all from you're mouth to gods ears

#71 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redletter said:

@Kiara_Sullivan: XD wouldn't we all from you're mouth to gods ears

Whats that supposed to mean :(

#72 Posted by Redletter (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan: O_o not a criticism . I was just vehemently agreeing with you on the idea of being able to go back & change my past

#73 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redletter said:

@Kiara_Sullivan: O_o not a criticism . I was just vehemently agreeing with you on the idea of being able to go back & change my past

Ohhh ok. Sorry Just mood swings :) THink I'm going to hope off here for a bit before I make myself sick.

#74 Posted by Redletter (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan: Whats that supposed to mean XP

#75 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

-Points to self- Jaded individual needs break for a bit before she goes insane.

#76 Posted by The_Mercenary (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

<---- Glad he's not a chick...

#77 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

Men can be jaded and have mood swings you know.

#78 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Mercenary said:

<---- Glad he's not a chick...

Same... oh wait... DAMN!!!
#79 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky said:

@The_Mercenary said:

<---- Glad he's not a chick...

Same... oh wait... DAMN!!!

Risky... um I think you need to check again there dear LOL

#80 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan: I've been reading what you're writing and I agree completely. I may not have been around to see it happen, but ever since I started I've always tried to do what you're saying. A lot of times, people seem to get over involved in "How is my character moving forward?" But, that's not always the point. People need to look at the bigger pictures. Some times you need to think about another character's progress, a relationship, a team, or perhaps the Vine as a whole. While it's kind of nice to see big hero A and big villain B fight every other week and making tracks, some times it should be a wider variety. I personally try to work with as many people as possible. I'm in ~10 RPGs and battles at the moment with very few repeats of people that I'm working with. I'm working on relationships with characters connected to my own, developing new connections, helping other people with their own stories, all kinds of stuff. I would like to be more involved with the rest of the Vine. I just think that people are trying too hard. Everyone is trying to have the most epic story out there with the most epic team up against the most epic people epically. I just try to have fun. I'm in a battle turned RPG with one of Az's alts. It started 10% cause Az wanted another piece of her story, 120% cause we wanted to have some fun and RP together. That battle is up for battle of the year. We weren't trying to have the best battle out there. We were having a good time and the people reading it apparently liked it a lot. Moral of my little story here, I say we all just stop over thinking everything and have fun. The Vine is a playground, everyone just needs to pick up a ball and play.

#81 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read that over, and I feel like I didn't make sense lol. I'm sorry everyone. I'm fighting off sleep right now, it's really difficult. I should've gone to bed hours ago lol.

#82 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

@Over_kill: Thats true. But sometimes seeing the same Hero and Villain fight over and over again helps develop a rivalry. Like Gambler and Andferne.

On that note. I'm taking my ball and going home!

#83 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kiara_Sullivan said:

@Risky said:

@The_Mercenary said:

<---- Glad he's not a chick...

Same... oh wait... DAMN!!!

Risky... um I think you need to check again there dear LOL

I found a very cheap excuse: I'm woman, not a chick. ;p
#84 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky said:

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

@Risky said:

@The_Mercenary said:

<---- Glad he's not a chick...

Same... oh wait... DAMN!!!

Risky... um I think you need to check again there dear LOL

I found a very cheap excuse: I'm woman, not a chick. ;p

-Writes one down in the books for Risky- Risky 1.. The rest of the vine.. 0

#85 Posted by The_Mercenary (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Over_kill said:

@Kiara_Sullivan: I've been reading what you're writing and I agree completely. I may not have been around to see it happen, but ever since I started I've always tried to do what you're saying. A lot of times, people seem to get over involved in "How is my character moving forward?" But, that's not always the point. People need to look at the bigger pictures. Some times you need to think about another character's progress, a relationship, a team, or perhaps the Vine as a whole. While it's kind of nice to see big hero A and big villain B fight every other week and making tracks, some times it should be a wider variety. I personally try to work with as many people as possible. I'm in ~10 RPGs and battles at the moment with very few repeats of people that I'm working with. I'm working on relationships with characters connected to my own, developing new connections, helping other people with their own stories, all kinds of stuff. I would like to be more involved with the rest of the Vine. I just think that people are trying too hard. Everyone is trying to have the most epic story out there with the most epic team up against the most epic people epically. I just try to have fun. I'm in a battle turned RPG with one of Az's alts. It started 10% cause Az wanted another piece of her story, 120% cause we wanted to have some fun and RP together. That battle is up for battle of the year. We weren't trying to have the best battle out there. We were having a good time and the people reading it apparently liked it a lot. Moral of my little story here, I say we all just stop over thinking everything and have fun. The Vine is a playground, everyone just needs to pick up a ball and play.

Hides testicles.

#86 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan: Well yeah that's true. And I also didn't say that you shouldn't avoid fighting the same person more than once. I'm all for it. I'm all for repeated team ups as well. I just don't want to see all the battles be me vs Az or all the team ups being me and WK. I've seen some people sticking with one or two people and doing rpg after battle after battle after rpg with that same person. Sure, have your strong friendships, but do a little with everyone.

Also, taking your ball and going home doesn't help the playground be any more fun. It stays just as bad and a little more lonely. And you're at home alone with your ball being sad cause the only person to play catch with is the wall. (wow I really stretched this metaphor to work for what I'm saying lol)

#87 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Over_kill: She just wanted to say that she's going to log out for today (sleep and all those annoying body functions ;p). lol
#88 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: Had a feeling. Just ran with it though. xD Should probably take her advice and hit the hay as well. Going on almost 20 hours since I woke up. So anything that I say that sounds/sounded like complete bull and made no sense, I blame it on being tired. :P

#89 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Over_kill: Noooo, don't go! I will be all alone here. I'm just awake for 5 and a half hours.I wouldn't know what to do with my time. I mean I still have to write three or four posts but I need some human contact in the meantime. XD
#90 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: Lol this sounds like sarcasm or a trick. xD

Should probably push myself to stay awake as long as possible. Have to try and get myself so that I'm waking up before 5 pm at the latest. Can't make it to a practice at 6 if I'm not awake until 8. Lol.

#91 Posted by The_Mercenary (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: twiddles thumbs, whistling nonchalantly...

#92 Edited by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Over_kill: Why the "or"? lol But that staying up thing sounds reasonable.
 
@The_Mercenary: ??? Looks at him with a raised eyebrow
#93 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: I was having hopes that you wouldn't be sarcastic AND tricking me at the same time cause you like me. xD

It is, but it's difficult. In order to be where I want to be sleep wise, I need to stay awake for.... at least 9 more hours. Quite difficult when you have nothing to do but play temple run. xD

#94 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Over_kill: The question implied that I was bth things at the same time. lol
 
I'm kinda worried about when I'll go to sleep today. I woke up at 3 pm and that means I'll not go to bed before 5 or 6 am tomorrow. And I'll ave to get up at 8 or 9 am. Ugh...
#95 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: I woke up at 8 pm.... Fell asleep yesterday at noon. It's hard for my brain to focus on one thing now. Help me Risky!!!!!! D:

#96 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Over_kill: You need to change your biorhythm, that's all. As a college student I have none whatsoever and that helps a lot. lol
#97 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: How does one accomplish that?

#98 Posted by The_Mercenary (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky said:

@Over_kill: Noooo, don't go! I will be all alone here. I'm just awake for 5 and a half hours.I wouldn't know what to do with my time. I mean I still have to write three or four posts but I need some human contact in the meantime. XD

Was offering to be human contact. Now its too late, because I am leaving! T_T

#99 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Over_kill: Stay awake, drink so much coffee till you think you're going to burst, party through the night, attend college courses at 8 am and have fun not regarding the time in general. lol
#100 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: Trying my best to stay awake, I don't drink coffee, the closest to a party that I get is hanging out at the bowling alley with friends which is a friday night thing which is when I need to be awake early lol. So basically, I'm testing my willpower right now... (goes upstairs and grabs his GL ring)