The RPG character Battle Thread!

Sarah_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cassius_knightfall: *bows, bows, bows* Thank you sir. :)

I'll wait and see what LL thinks, I'm sure she'll come up with something that makes mine look like it was drawn up by a 12-year-old with cerebral palsy.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarah_mania: Could use Warsy to drop in and see what he has to say as well. I am still thinking of a team myself. Liberty may have a plan , we shall see lol

acer1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake said:

@sarah_mania: but OOC we're the best bromance ever.

This is mine and Espada's reaction to that :p

laughing animated GIF

Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Gif animated GIF

One does not simply out bromance Acespada xD

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Prime Lady Liberty, Valerie, Prime Lord Johnny, Golden Suit Kratesis.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

How about a tricky fight?

Lucian Lebeau and Charlemagne Vs Abigail and Kurt

Abigail and Kurt have both decided that Charles has been allowed to live for long enough, coming up with a three day plan, the two archers set up an ambush in an attempt to defeat Charles. Unknown to the archers, Lucian, Charles' son has tagged along. The are unaware of this until the very last minute, can they adapt or even defeat Charles regardless? Abby and Kurt have access to their own tech, but cannot use external means (Kurt cannot use the Gothic PD, Abby can't use Avalon backup etc.)

• Fight takes place in Gothic, midnight.
  • To the death, all parties are willing to kill.
  • Charles is cautious when approaching, anticipating an ambush -- Hence bringing Lucian along to even the odds.
  • Only weapons and equipment stated in canon/biography.
  • Abigail has Kratesis' bow.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I feel like the LeBeau team is just too skilled, at the end of the day. It would be an interesting fight though!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I'd kinda agree, but remember both Abby and Kurt use long ranged weaponry, something neither of the LeBeau's do. Plus Kurt has gone toe-to-toe with Charles three times, and only been beaten once. Lucian is the game changer though, although not as skilled as Charles (through Gambler's admittance) he'd hinder a plan for the archers. Because Kurt and Abby may struggle against a Charles alone.... I'd love to see the fight myself :P

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Sorry for the slow reply. And sure, it would be a fun battle. But its also a battle in which one guy on team one has already defeated both people on team two. They had great showings against him, I'm not taking anything away from that at all, its just hard to argue for team two.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9310  Edited By Pyrogram

@strigidae_23: No worries. And I love debating, so I'd argue for the fun of it! I'd say Kurt and Abby, what they may lack in martial arts prowess (Which is debatable, I don't think Lucian is better than Kurt and depending on a few things, Abby) and the fact both Charles and Lucian have healing factors, they could make up for in versatility, and planning. Kurt has his powers, and his used them quite effectively, once against Sarah Mania he shot a bundle of trion needles towards 25 of her drones and blew them up, same tactic could be used in a fight, firing 25 trion needles at bullet speeds would be deadly. Or Abby has the advantage of her manipulation/hexing stuff she once did to Ivana. I think, straight H2H, team one may win, they could win due to their healing factors enhancing their durability. But I don't believe Kurt and Abby will face them both without trying to keep a distance -- I mean they are both archers, isn't that their game plan?

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: It is their gameplan but closing the distance is also the gameplan of the LeBeaus. And they are very good at it. Lucian even closed the distance on Espada and his spear. Just because 'don't get taken down' is part of a gameplan doesn't mean it will hold off a high level wrestler.

Skill wise I feel Lucian is pretty good. Sure, he might not be as good as Charlemagne just yet but lets not forget how good Charlemagne is. He was the 'powers for powers' best, or in the top three, for the majority of the early CVnU.

I'm sure they both have tactics. And I'm sure they'll give the LeBeau's hell and put up a good fight. But I'm equally sure that what the LeBeau team has done before, they will do again.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warpath of the the Warsman

He has finally snapped, after taughting the world with the comments "I could beat any one of you", "No force would stand agaisnt me" ( OOC HE HASNT SAID THIS, BUT HE HAS HERE FOR THE SAKE OF THIS BATTLE). A unified force of no more than 4 people must stand against him. The battle will be over when either Warsman defeats the entire team by TKO, BFR or Death. Or the team defeat or cause Warsman to retreat.

The Battleground

No Caption Provided

Unpopulated desert with no living life ( bar the plants in picture) for more than a hundred miles. No potential for collateral damage ( so heroes dont have to worry about harming civilians)

Limits

• 4 people maximum
  • Lower than Superman Tier power level
  • Standard gear
  • Only prep time is time traveling to the location, no equipment or extra gear will be provided. Just allows for a gameplan to be made

Good luck. And if i have made this two hard/easy i will tweak it.

I don't think anyone below Superman-class can really touch him.

Given that, Prime LL solos.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9313  Edited By Pyrogram

@strigidae_23:

Crossing a spear and crossing an archer firing indestructible arrows at you are different things, don't we agree? Kurt could fire netted arrows, adhesive corrosive arrows, pressure arrows made from Andres tech which could boil their blood or something, or source particle arrows to impair or disable their healing factors. Or explosive arrows, or flechette arrows. Many many arrows, crossing a spear is easy, in comparison.

I agree, but the CVnU has moved on quite a bit. Feat wise a character like Kurt would be able to stand toe-to-toe and even defeat Lucian. Charlemagne is amazing, and Kurt KO'd him once. Got his arm broken the second time and kinda stalemated (they both fled, or something) but got beat the third time as he was depressed when his powers got stolen. Since then Kurt had been trained even further, regained his abilities (and confidence) and would be able to give Lucian a fight he'd remember. If not for only martial arts, but power. If this was a no powers match skill is good... But Kurt has abilities, the last time Charlemagne tried to grapple Kurt it didn't work because Kurt just went all hedgehog on his ass (for real) and produced spikes from his body. Same tactic worked against Brahma Bull. Going H2H against Kurt is hard, because he can make constructs to even the odds.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: They are different things ;-) Closing on a spear is much, much MUCH harder. Especially a spear wielded by a super strong, super fast, superskilled guy like Espada.

That it has. Abby is a much more effective fighter than when she first faced Charlemagne, and she has a number of really good feats against some of the best fighters in the CVnU. As I said before I'm sure they'll put up a good fight and get in their licks, but I'm also sure that the LeBeau team will emerge victorious.

So he goes from winning to stalemating to losing while learning more hand to hand? It sounds like Charlemagne is adapting to Kurt and improving his skills at a greater rate than Kurt is adapting to Charlemagne and improving his own skill. That doesn't help your argument ;-P

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9315  Edited By _Atomikill_

Me... Goliath... uh... I dunno anyone, lol.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9316  Edited By Pyrogram

So he goes from winning to stalemating to losing while learning more hand to hand? It sounds like Charlemagne is adapting to Kurt and improving his skills at a greater rate than Kurt is adapting to Charlemagne and improving his own skill. That doesn't help your argument ;-P

I'll reply to the rest tomorrow as I'm leaving, but that's not really accurate as the circumstances in each fight were VASTLY different. Charles beat Kurt the third time because Kurt was depressed (plus the fight was pre determined in PM for Kurt to lose). Also, Charles grappled Kurt.... Knowing he had abilities... Knowing he would get stabbed? That's not adapting, that's just attacking the same way as before but getting lucky that your opponent didn't have the will, or heart, to continue fighting. The three fights can't be compared at all, as the situations were really really different.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I'll wait for the rest of your response before writing my own.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Cool! I'll probably be on in... Five or six hours, work at 8AM and it's already 4:30 >_> lol

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That...was not sound, I believe.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: Even four of them at the same time?.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: Yeah. If you can remove you opponenets form the hundred mile battlefield or they make you leave both outcomes result in a win.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall:

Such a broken way to win, that BFR lol

Pretty sure if Warsman knows that IC, then he'll just thunderclap them all to Jupiter.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: I know it is man, but in canon he doesnt know. Anyways if a team came to face you i imagine you would rather beat them than try the easy way.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall:

This is true. Warsman is strong, but he's arrogant. He'd want to drag out the battle, thereby eliminating a quick victory on his part.

Lady_Rosalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warsman is a Darkseid/Thanos tier character. You're not beating him with people lower than superman's weight category.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_rosalina: Surely that depends on the powers avalible to the people. As i said above 4 people below superman level equal roughly a superman level character or higher depending on the abilties and conhession of the unit. Didnt starlord, Nova and Drax beat Thanos recently or at least not lose. Of that three only drax can really be considered near superman level with Nova being essinetially lantern level.

@warsman: That was kind of how i thought it would go. With the 4 opponnets all being weaker, ( but the some of the parts adding up to a possible threat) it would make sence that he would aim to take the biggest threat out and their by destroy the teams chances.Before picking the rest off as a sort of lesson to would be opponents.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: I was sort of playing to the ego of the character. He would essientially play with them right ?seeing as he would barely feel threatened by a team of that level. Something a clever team could possibly use against him.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall:

Yeah, but that doesn't make him stupid.

Once he realizes they're up to something, he can turn it around real quick.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9333  Edited By Pyrogram

@strigidae_23:

I think this fight has far more factors than merely martial arts skill. Martial arts on the battle thread gets really hyped when in reality it's not as important as made out to be. Sure, power-for-power Charles and Lucian would probably win if they fought Abby and Kurt on their own terms throughout the entire battle (which is debatable in itself). But neither Kurt nor Abby have to abide by not using their powers in this fight. As I said, Kurt, and his powers, make him stronger than mere martial arts. Each punch of his may be used with some adamantium knuckledusters with spikes, or at point blank rage, Kurt may manifest trion arrows and fire them at the LeBeau team without hesitation. (As he did to Sarah Mania, at point blank range he exploded a fragmentation arrow). Charles and Lucian fighting Kurt from a distance is stupid, because he can control his arrows like heat seekers. Close up, he's just as dangerous, because all of his arrows potency can just be replicated without the physical distance of his arrows crossing. Now, Abby, she has her manipulation and that makes her more than just an archer, her aura of luck will play a factor in helping team two keep back team one. Or at least injure team one in a big way before they can successfully cross the distance.

Again I'll say simply, this fight is more important than martial arts skill. Skill is important... But not that important, when you have powers to create constructs or manipulate low levels of reality to your favor. Charles and Lucian are deadly because of their prowess and good durability, that's why they may win, but in the same light team two could win because of powers. Hand to Hand skill alone isn't the be all and end all of winning a battle. Anyhow, I'm not sure why you think one would win beyond skill. Plus Kurt has those power dampening arrows and they've worked against both Psyknight and Drake. Lucian was poisoned by an earth-based toxin from Espada I think, I believe a super-advanced nanite power suppressor would be more than capable of effecting their regeneration for a short while if their bodies are susceptible to earth-based poison.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9334  Edited By Warsman

I'll think of a team and give some reasons in the morning.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: I said as much myself lol. The only team submitted had a magician/caster who was sort of the hub of the team.The rest playing to safeguard or misdirect wars from them till a result was achived. i believe i said i dont think he would be distracted for long and he would most likely taregt the caster as he would know that was something to focus on.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall:

I think he needs more than one bruiser to keep him occupied.

Like classic Ajax + Dark Hammer level of muscle.

That way, even if he throws one to the wayside there's one more to distract him.

Amaranth or someone of the like is a must in this situation.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: She was on the only team submitted so far. The team submitted had a couple semi tankish members with the abilty to shield, summon hell fire etc. So the game plan laid out was to try and keep wars focus elsewhere by hitting him with hellfire and constructs to try and focus gaze on brick whilst the magic got to work with amaranth leading the team and watching over the caster.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: i think the best bet, well at least what i had in my head. Was to get as wide array of powers at the team dissposal as possible. With some having to be high tier to so enough damage or allow for a win. I never really narrowed down to a squad though. Wars has very few weaknesses to people at that level so its more about the cohession than raw power i think.

Tranquil is a good shout for a slot on the four though. Along with Amaranth you have half a team right there.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall:

I still think Dark Hammer is a good one to put in the 'brick' position.

Amaranth is squad leader, Tranquil is versatility.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: Only need one more then, and a game plan.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: I never said now man. Get some sleep. You know this isnt compulsory right lol.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: lol anybody who picks this account on their team is insane. Even i wouldnt select Cass out of vanity. Night though man.

Lady_Rosalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: Guardian of Gravity is me yes.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall:

So we have Amaranth, Dark Hammer, and Tranquil.

Let's put Glacier in there because ice manipulation is always fun. He could freeze the moisture in Warsman's body, slowing him down exponentially for at least a little bit.

Counting on Tranquil to do most of the leg work here, as well as Dark Hammer if things get too hairy. He can always just hit Warsman out of the area. I'd count on him doing that as a last resort before Warsman would do it in contradiction to his personality.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9349  Edited By _Glacier_
Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9350  Edited By Strigidae_23

@warsman: I said as much myself lol. The only team submitted had a magician/caster who was sort of the hub of the team.The rest playing to safeguard or misdirect wars from them till a result was achived. i believe i said i dont think he would be distracted for long and he would most likely taregt the caster as he would know that was something to focus on.

I also submitted a team of Prime LL, Valerie, Prime Lord Johnny and Golden Suit Kratesis.