The RPG character Battle Thread!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@strigidae_23: I'd say teleporting is too strong, you could just vanish appear vanish appear and kill everyone.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@pyrogram: Perhaps. In the last challenge it was certainly too strong as it would have allowed the character to bypass most of the challenge.

Thee_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gangs theme and no Fiends? Say whaaaaaat!?

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9204  Edited By Strigidae_23

@thee_jester: I almost did but I didn't see a roster or powers sections. Still, I'd have liked to had them, Nord's villain team and the CoD.

Thee_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The VIPs

A team made entirely of the vines highest status members. Can they live up to their hype? Or are they destined to disappoint?

• Connoisseur: Amaranth's sword, SCAR in .308 with reflex scope, kevlar vest, two frag grenades, radio, kukri which he gives to Mercy. Ten Points.

Connoisseur provides an early warning system in the form of his sonar. This protects the team from ambushes and helps them navigate the sewers. It also allows them to detect their enemies early, map the area, and then flank or snip them.

Connoisseur is a big man, big enough and strong enough to fire a .308 fully automatic if he needs to. Thanks to his photographic reflexes he has probably absorbed a thousand different shooting techniques just from watching TV and engaging in combat with gunmen. He should have no problem engaging targets at the typical ranges found inside dense urban areas and the .308 round has enough stopping power to hurt or even put down most superhumans.

In close quarters combat Connoisseur is terrifyingly effective. He is a huge man with superhuman levels of skill wielding a two meter blade that can cut through anything. Few foes will live very long when faced with Connoisseur attacking them with his full strength, speed and skill. Even those who have an enormous stat advantage must fear him because one hit will cripple or kill almost anyone.

• Mercy: War Killer's Suit, Vector in .45 and silencer, kevlar vest, two frag grenades, radio, kukri, kukri from Connoisseur. Ten Points.

Mercy has a power which grants her both skill and experience, as well as training from Amaranth. The NanoSuit gives her peak and enhanced stats to go along with said skills, along with many other advantages.

She also has an 'early warning system' thanks to the enhanced vision and various vision modes the suit offers. Combined with her Sanguine stealth skills the suits cloaking device will make her the next best thing from totally invisible. This allows the Sanguine to out maneuver, flank and ambush nearly any enemy. When combat starts, its almost guaranteed to be on Mercy's terms. Many enemies will never manage to engage her because she will fill their heads with lead from her silenced Vector .45.

In hand to hand combat she has the enhanced stats of the NanoSuit behind her Sanguine skills. The Kukri is a strong, sturdy blade with cutting power comparable to an ax. Modern steels are tough enough to survive the fifteen hundred pound NanoSuit will put behind her attacks. The suit has the durability to survive assault rifle fire, boosts the user to bullet dodging speed and can self repair, making Mercy very difficult to put down. She also has the electrical pulse defense system and the stun gloves to slow down and disable her targets, making her an overwhelming hand to hand threat.

• Lucian LeBeau: Antonia's Suit, Two Temestium Daggers, Barrett .50 Cal, kevlar vest, two frag grenades, radio, tomahawk. Nine Points.

Lucian's highly enhanced vision combined with his Barrett .50 cal will let him choose a distant target, or a target who is behind a barrier such as a wall, and shoot that target with pinpoint accuracy. Very few beings can survive a single shot from a fifty caliber round and those who do will probably be injured and disoriented. A good number of foes will simply die before they ever lay an eye upon Lucian.

In combat he has the traditional melee skill of a LeBeau combined with Temestium daggers to wear down and cripple superhuman foes. Every hit drains their strength beyond that of the injury itself thanks to the unique properties of Temestium. Antonia's suit is durable enough to protect him from most small arms fire and it comes with a breath mask to protect him against pheromones.

The suit also comes with a number of offensive options, including web shooters, stun gloves and bladed bracers. The glider cape is icing on the cake and will help Lucian move from sniper nests to combat quickly and silently. Combined with the web shooters and he should be able to cross Gothic with exceptional speed.

• Combat gear package for everyone. One Point.
  • Total: Thirty Points.

There we go. The VIPs, armed to the gills and ready for war! Can they get the job done? I leave that up to you, Vine peeps. Can the VIP's overcome the odds against them and pull off a victory?

Inevitable_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inevitable_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inevitable_one: Thankies. They were each unique in skillset and physical frame which made matching them with the right gear both more challenging, and more effective when done right.

Avatar image for crimson_vigilante
Crimson_Vigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every necromancer in the CVU in a horrifying death battle

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimson_vigilante said:

A little more details would be nice.

Avatar image for crimson_vigilante
Crimson_Vigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_rose_: ......................Uhm, we'd go for drinks afterwards XD necromancer death battle!!

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_rose_:

Ummmm.... <.<......>.>....... *jumps out window*

Avatar image for the_superior_sapien
The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Who are they fighting? The whole Vine? Tranquil solo's :P

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien: Check back a page, I think she was making a team for her own battle challenge thingy. Speaking of which I wanna do dat.

Avatar image for the_superior_sapien
The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_rose_: Ah, got it. Tranquil solos <_<

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for twisted_anathema
Twisted_Anathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While seeing Nyx in the gauntlet made me squee all to hell, I think she may be getting undersold. Especially with magic use off the table, I don't see a street-level team beating her. Like, at all.

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While seeing Nyx in the gauntlet made me squee all to hell, I think she may be getting undersold. Especially with magic use off the table, I don't see a street-level team beating her. Like, at all.

I agree. She's supposed to be Etrigan/Ghost Rider level right?

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And nothing of that would have happened if Drake had been chosen...

=P

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@_drake said:

And nothing of that would have happened if Drake had been chosen...

=P

True ?

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nymphixia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_rose_ said:

@twisted_anathema said:

I agree. She's supposed to be Etrigan/Ghost Rider level right?

She's basically Etrigan + Nightcrawler. She's a 100-tonner, regens rapidly, can teleport spam, has magic, and can project hellfire. On top of that she's a skilled combatant (held her own against Ronin while in human form AND holding back). She did well against Atrocity until he penance stare'd her.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Nymphixia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9229  Edited By Nymphixia

I leave that up to you, Vine peeps. Can the VIP's overcome the odds against them and pull off a victory?

No Caption Provided

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's basically Etrigan + Nightcrawler. She's a 100-tonner, regens rapidly, can teleport spam, has magic, and can project hellfire. On top of that she's a skilled combatant (held her own against Ronin while in human form AND holding back). She did well against Atrocity until he penance stare'd her.

She's a scurry lady.

Nymphixia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9232  Edited By _Drake

@pyrogram I grab the beer, you grab the chairs. Meet me where they will cat-fight.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9234  Edited By _Drake

@pyrogram: Can't I enjoy some time with myself watching my ladies cat-fight for me?

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nymphixia: Ends in a bed ;P

Seriously though, no offense intended to the Lady in Red but Rose would wreck her pretty badly in an actual one on one fight. Ignoring the fact she was made to be a nigh city-destroying weapon, she's a mutant and highly unlikely to get infected by the bacterium.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: That sounds messed up.

Awesome post in ronins btw

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: It isn't wrong lol Come, have a seat. And place a bet.

Thanks ^_^ Trying to get Drake some twisted evil side.

Nymphixia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9239  Edited By Nymphixia
_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All my money on the redhead!

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a head to head conflict Rose has an overwhelming advantage in raw power. In a more protracted clash its a lot more even because Sangria has a lot of manipulation feats, showing she is capable of bending others to her will. She uses people the way Rose uses plants lol. It would be an interesting battle.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vrakmul's first learned school of magic was Necromancy.

Of course including Vrakmul in this would be like including a nuclear warhead in a fireworks competition.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@greywolf: vs. @big_bad_wolf: , 4 hours prep, in character, takes place on the south-side of Gothic, on the full moon.

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Are you sure Big Bad Wolf is the profile your looking for? He doesn't have a bio. Not @big_and_bad maybe? =s

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9247  Edited By Joygirl

@_rose_: *facepalm* You're right. That's who I meant.

Avatar image for isabelle_godwinne
Isabelle_Godwinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the Big Bad Wolf I don't know. Big and Bad seems like he would have the advantage due to his strength but its tough for me to say for sure because I don't know exactly what Greywolf's stats are.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isabelle_godwinne: It's noooot big bad wolf but I can't edit *flails* I meant big and bad.

Avatar image for isabelle_godwinne
Isabelle_Godwinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: *Nods* Gotcha gotcha. Well, I feel Big and Bad has the advantage.