User Lists: 13

I must of miss something here .

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@cassius_knightfall: No reason not to ;-)

@vrakmul: Yeppers.

There are a lot of high powered locations. Nord has made quite a few absolutely gorgeous ones but no one uses them. Impero made a really amazing space location too. Its not that there are no locations its that people don't post in them with the same frequency they post in other things.

I'd love to see him take off! I think he's the sci-fi guy who has had the largest number of people create characters drawn from and linked to his share of the world so he has proven appeal.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@shadowswordmaster:

@strigidae_23 posted this

The White House Challenge

In this challenge you will have fifteen points to buy a team and equip them in order to enter the White House by whatever means necessary.

All bending is disabled. Telepathy can only be used to communicate with ones team members and telekineses can only be used to create constructs. Costs have been adjusted to reflect these changes.

Equipment. All characters are stripped of their equipment, except for things that are a part of the body like Ronin's arm. Costs have been adjusted to reflect these changes.

Equipment must be purchased from the list below.

Once the team is assembled its time to begin your mission and enter the White House.

The first obstacle is the one hundred yards of trenches and barbed wire that surround the White House in all directions. It is guarded by two hundred of LeBeau's human supremacist followers. Each is armed and equipped with the best weapons money can buy, mostly machine guns, grenades and body armor given their defensive deployment.

After fighting or sneaking your way through the trenches you enter the White House itself. Inside an unlikely duo of Lucian LeBeau andLongshot patrol its halls. You can attempt to fight past them or sneak past them, if you think you can avoid LeBeau's enhanced vision.

The target, Clarice, is in a reinforced bunker located in the bedrock below the White House. If you have survived this long and enter the bunker you face your final challenge: The Mercenary.

If you emerge victorious.. then you win! Congratulations :-)

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8856  Edited By Vrakmul

@strigidae_23 said:

@cassius_knightfall: No reason not to ;-)

@vrakmul: Yeppers.

There are a lot of high powered locations. Nord has made quite a few absolutely gorgeous ones but no one uses them. Impero made a really amazing space location too. Its not that there are no locations its that people don't post in them with the same frequency they post in other things.

I'd love to see him take off! I think he's the sci-fi guy who has had the largest number of people create characters drawn from and linked to his share of the world so he has proven appeal.

Nordok's ultimate weakness is that his schedule is highly erratic. If he were highly active I'm sure he'd be abuzz with activity. I think that the secret to location success is more than anything else; people attract people.

While Amora was around to drive the plot people flocked to Asgard with all sorts of Aesir characters. She didn't have a critical mass going though so once she left, kaput!

Yes he is, I think that what we could really use would be a revival of GotG and Lantern Corps type people. I'm planning on helping Yashamora's role play form that GotG team so that we can get space up and running again on Friday.

But if there's one character the vine loves to copy ad nauseum, it's the Lanterns. Others just have their archetype copied, but the Lanterns nearly always get their entire mythos lifted with some names changed around and nobody minds this.

In my history in the vine, there's always been at least one lantern character or one character who has access to Lantern powers.

The love of the Lanterns is there, it just needs a right kick in the ass to get it back up and running.

Like say, The Super Son of Light Wars Returns; Eleventy Billion; The Revenge; This time it's personal; Electric Boogalo. (There have been a *lot* of Light wars). And while I love Avatar, I think he's too chronically absent to carry it alone.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@vrakmul: I'd gladly create an entire Lantern Corp incorporated into the Nu, even tailored, not a straight carbon copy. If people wanted one enough!

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@vrakmul: I'd gladly create an entire Lantern Corp incorporated into the Nu, even tailored, not a straight carbon copy. If people wanted one enough!

Funnily enough I have some lanterns in my 144 concepts.

We could build a Mythos together and make the vine

Loading Video...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@vrakmul: 144 concepts?

I have 144 concepts for characters that I plan to turn into accounts.

I want to stick to 144 until I've finished but I'm incorrigible and will probably add more.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8862  Edited By Strigidae_23

@vrakmul: The Lanterns are pretty cool. I even thought about making my return with a Green Lantern. Possibly even using LL's Avatar ring, because I did really enjoy the Avatar take on the Lantern stuff.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrakmul: I think I'll make an entire mythos on it. *Shrugs* could be fun lol

@strigidae_23: Can you link me to the avatar stuff? Didn't even know he had a take on it! :O

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

What does M/H stand for? I feel dumb.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

What does M/H stand for? I feel dumb.

Mutant/Human.

It gets muddled with mutates, aliens, robots, and the like but the typical assumption is to lump them all into the human category.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

I feel dumb.

Pats your head.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@vrakmul: Oooh. I don't have any legit mutant characters so that may explain why I never really heard about it.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nymphixia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

I think I'm gonna go with something a little different -- a "brain" team.

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

• Xenon
  • Mercy
  • Mania

and the standard "equipment pack" for all three. You didn't specify prep or not prep, so with a team this smarts-heavy I'll assume they have at least enough time to prepare to put their heads to the test. We have Xenon for tactical intellect and an in-field telepathic silent commlink, Mercy for the infiltration smarts and adaptability, and Sarah for the outright technological and random genius. Since the team gets 3 commlinks that will be useless with Xenon's TP, plus some grenades and guns, Sarah will have enough raw parts to slap together some kind of random insane McGyver gear with it (she set up and stocked her entire lab within a few hours).

So, with improvised gear in capable hands, this team can probably use stealth and smarts to get past the majority of obstacles, I think, especially with Mercy at the helm of the infiltration process. The actual battles will be a lot harder, but if the three work together as a team (again, easier with Xenon's TP) and use all of their skills, smarts, and slipperiness, I think they can take these especially if Mania whips up a potent gadget. The big issue here will be Longshot, since it's inherently plausible for jury-rigged gadgets to glitch. If they play it smart and don't use those weapons offensively against him (maybe sick Xenon on him in melee?) I think that they can clear this.

I don't know Mercenary well but from his bio (specifically his weaknesses to cold and lasers) I still feel like my brain team can take him out. I assume that since this is a realistic scenario, Mania will be picking up new scraps of weaponry and gizmos along the way and using them to slap together new jury-rigged gizmos, and assuming Mercy has standard knowledge on the Mercenary they may be able to exploit his weaknesses that way, using stealth to approach each encounter with caution and careful preparation.

There are a few X-factors in this that may throw my plan out of whack, I'm not as well-versed in all of these characters as most of you guys so I'm going a lot off of bios and hearsay.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8872  Edited By Pyrogram

@nymphixia: I think it's plausible a combination of Mercy and Xenon defeating Mercenary in a fight. They are both highly trained. Merc is not even as skilled as those two, he can just teleport and heal like wolverine. But Xenon has instant reactions, so teleportion won't help as much, and Mercy is very skilled.

Sarah_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And before anybody asks why I said Mercenary is not as skilled, that comes from my opinion that Mercy, due to her heritage, is a master of martial arts, due to her Sanguine abilities meaning she has the skills of all the previous masters of her bloodline. Xenon, he rose to power by being the strongest mutant in Venezuela, so he's tough. Strongest of the strong.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sarah_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8879  Edited By Pyrogram
Sarah_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I'm open to a reunion between them (they fought once already, remember? :D).

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarah_mania: I remember. That was the strangest fk'ing fight ever. LOL

Sarah_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: It was pretty weird. XD I assume this fight will be more serious since Mania is actively attempting to destroy Gothic.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarah_mania: Oh, then, you gona die >:( Lemme PM you something :)

Sarah_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thee_Champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's even going on here? I don't understand! lol

Epigoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is where we come to throw fisty cuffs :P

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nymphixia: Strong team plans pretty solid as well. Have a good chance for sure.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is going on here is your

Loading Video...

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@vrakmul: I think I'll make an entire mythos on it. *Shrugs* could be fun lol

@strigidae_23: Can you link me to the avatar stuff? Didn't even know he had a take on it! :O

Let's make it happen!

Also @_avatar_

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrakmul: I kinda got bored of the idea already <_<

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@vrakmul: I kinda got bored of the idea already <_<

I believe I can start a thread anywho.

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8892  Edited By Quietus

Santiago has decided to finally put an end to Brahma Bull, however, he cannot engage himself due to various reasons. Locating his friends and other worthy collaborators, he intends to use them to defeat the Goliath. Somehow, Brahma Bull realizes he is under threat and recruits his own allies, awaiting Santiago's warriors, who are unaware their attack has been predicted by the Bull. Santiago's forces are the attacking Temple of صفر.

No Caption Provided

Santiago's forces

Brahma Bulls force

Conditions

• Santiago and Xenon prepare for the battle for three days prior to the assault, outlaying how they will attack, any possible surprises and what they may expect, they don't have any additional technology, but the team are all aware of the plan. Three days preparation. They are unaware who is defending, save for Brahma.
  • Brahma Bull has a single day to prepare for the attack, but is unaware who is attacking him, save for Xenon and Santiago.
  • Telepathy cannot be used to defeat an opponent.
  • To the death until only one force remains - No BFR, no unconsciousness, to the death through in through out.
Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quietus: I'm not the biggest expert in this field but I believe I can draw up a response soonish. As a preliminary thing though, I see PsyKnight's mind jumping and a bunch of mid tier bricks with no explicit psionic resistances.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8895  Edited By Pyrogram

@vrakmul: Let's say one rule of the fight is no outright telepathic assaults. That'll make it funner, telepathic attacks are always boring to debate.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivana has a history of resisting telepathic assault from Omega level TP's as well as the zythium retrovirus which gives her a serious defense against telepathy. Asteria doesn't have the same feat history but she does have equipment that protects her and a supernatural will that makes her dangerous for a telepath to engage. Bull is just immune thanks to his necromancer powers, from what I can tell.

Sarah_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Siding with Team 2. Brahma and Ivana together should be too powerful to overwhelm, I feel, and are definitely the MVP's as far as I can tell.

Sarah_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8899  Edited By Pyrogram

@sarah_mania: I'd argue that Xenon would be able to defeat Brahma Bull via superior speed and agility, teleporting, slashing from all angles and unloading copious amounts of Vibranium rounds (and explosive rounds) into his gigantic frame. He also has telekinesis so he has that advantage, plus a form of intangibility, he could cut straight through the Bull's tough hide and into his brain. Or teleport his stuff into the Bull, although that's slightly out of character. Adhene would help whoever Xenon fought, and she can control the ground and lighting I think, so that would help very much. I see Xenon/Adhene being enough to defeat Brahma Bull whist the team deal with the rest. They have had three days preparation remember, so they'd not be caught short.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The White House Challenge

In this challenge you will have fifteen points to buy a team and equip them in order to enter the White House by whatever means necessary.

All bending is disabled. Telepathy can only be used to communicate with ones team members and telekineses can only be used to create constructs. Costs have been adjusted to reflect these changes.

Equipment. All characters are stripped of their equipment, except for things that are a part of the body like Ronin's arm. Costs have been adjusted to reflect these changes.

Equipment must be purchased from the list below.

Once the team is assembled its time to begin your mission and enter the White House.

The first obstacle is the one hundred yards of trenches and barbed wire that surround the White House in all directions. It is guarded by two hundred of LeBeau's human supremacist followers. Each is armed and equipped with the best weapons money can buy, mostly machine guns, grenades and body armor given their defensive deployment.

After fighting or sneaking your way through the trenches you enter the White House itself. Inside an unlikely duo of Lucian LeBeau and Longshot patrol its halls. You can attempt to fight past them or sneak past them, if you think you can avoid LeBeau's enhanced vision.

The target, Clarice, is in a reinforced bunker located in the bedrock below the White House. If you have survived this long and enter the bunker you face your final challenge: The Mercenary.

If you emerge victorious.. then you win! Congratulations :-)

I'd like to do another one of these and I'd like to add more equipment in to the next one. If you have equipment that you think is interesting, unique or iconic to the Vine please don't hesitate to reply with a link to said equipment. I'll take a look and it might be added to the next one :-)