Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If all toys are open for use, then just for the record Atomikill has his normal suits for use as robots and a suit of adamantium armor that has crazy control over gravity, thermal energy, and electrical energy. Plus several vehicles that can explode, sending cancerous/lethal gases everywhere.

MrYashimora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@_atomikill_: you can use it im betting the third society has few tricks up there sleeves :)

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've read I feel like the Third Society would have the advantage. Mainly because of their spores. They could continually replenish losses and grow in numbers as the battle went on while S.T.R.I.K.E. would be weakened by losses and depleted as the battle went on.

Nymphixia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8705  Edited By Nymphixia

Allegiance vs. Strigidae 23

• 1 day prep (all gear they can gather in that time, and, obviously, carry with them).
  • In character.
  • Battlefield: The Parthenon.
  • Start 20 yards away.
  • Win by kill or KO.
ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivana kills him.

I don't even need to go into great detail for this but she's a far better fighter with a greater array of physical abilities, one of which will enable her to predict and counter every single one of Allegiance's attacks without flaw. Or she could simply use her blood-bending to solidify all of the blood in his body into spikes that would not only protrude outwards but internally eviscerate his organs. That she has one day of prep makes the situation even bleaker considering she can just ask Albert to destroy Allegiance's mind.

TornAllegiance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8707  Edited By TornAllegiance

No Caption Provided
Nymphixia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eep. >.> Looks like I screwed up. I didn't know Ivana was that powerful.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nymphixia: You didn't screw up ;P I wouldn't call Ivana powerful. Its just that she has a very specific power and skill-set that make her a nightmare match-up for almost any melee-based character.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8710  Edited By _Ophelia_

Brahma Bull vs Sparrow

• Battle takes place in the Amazon Jungle, near the river by the same name. They start 20ft away from each other.
  • They both only know the basic information of they're opponents.
  • Victory by death or KO/incapacitation, no BFR.

Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From a quick glance my initial feeling is that Sparrow would win if his hydrokinesis is as versatile as it could be. Then again if BB knows that dehydration is Sparrow's weakness, his tactical prowess may allow him an avenue in which to exploit it. Until one of the debate guru's drops one of their catalog posts I'mma say Sparrow.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the fight is in the amazon jungle where its usually high humidity and taht would make dehydration difficult. If Brahma has his horseman abilties Sparrow could be in big trouble with his death machete increased stats and hellfire. In responce to that Sparrow has hydrokenisis which in such a moisture rich environment( possibly even using his opponents sweat) he could have quite a field advantage. That being said a rainforest provide's cover and ambush points which Brahma would certainly be able to make use of.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Sparrow via speed, I think. Sparrow was matched against Ziah a while ago and they were very very even, while when Ziah met Brahma it was generally agreed upon that her immense speed and extra powers should give her a pretty straightforward win. So using her as a measuring stick, I give Sparrow the win here.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sparrow is one heck of a badass guy. His trident can be compared to Mjolnir but I feel his trident is the superior weapon because it offers reach and it is a sharp piercing weapon rather than an advanced club. He also has hydrokinesis and the ability to command animals, which may become useful in the life-rich Amazon.

Brahma has his machete and the reach provided by his eight foot frame. He also has the advantage of using a one handed weapon which in Bull's case allows him to use his custom guns/grenades in his other hand. His hellfire and necromancy are also going to be pretty useful if Sparrow uses his hydrokinesis or animal control.

In the end I feel this will be a melee battle because Sparrow's hydrokinesis, thrown trident and animal control won't be able to penetrate Bull's defensive use of hellfire, natural durability and regeneration enough to KO the incredibly resilient Bull. By the same token Bull's firepower and hellfire won't be enough to penetrate Sparrow's defensive hydrokinesis, portal use, armor, and natural durability with enough power to KO Sparrow.

So the battle will come down to hand to hand combat. Will Sparrow wear Bull down with his adamantium trident and finish him off with a thrust through the brain or will Bull hack him apart with his supernatural machete?

Sparrow has a two handed weapon with the hands far apart, giving him tremendous leverage which can be used for power, maneuverability and accuracy. Its a huge advantage, especially combined with his eighty ton strength. On top of that it has reach and three barbed blades so it can inflict serious injuries on the Bull.

The Bull has an agile cleaving weapon, which with his strength he should wield like a butterknife. He also has a free hand for grenades, guns and so forth. These are more dangerous than ordinary weapons because they are custom firearms and because he often infuses them with hellfire. I don't feel they can penetrate Sparrows armor and kill him but they can wear him down and harass him, which the Bull is sure to do. The machete, on the other hand, can kill Sparrow should Bull manage to bypass the reach and strong defensive properties of Sparrow's trident.

On paper I feel like the clash favors Sparrow. His weapon offers more leverage and reach and his smaller frame gives him superior maneuverability and agility. However there are two intangible factors that I think need to be taken into account.

The first is the Bull's combat intellect which manifests itself in tactics and fight IQ. In almost every attack the Bull has commanded his followers and followed a tactical doctrine. In every fight I can remember the Bull has had a gameplan and put it into action with a discipline that would impress Randy Couture. These are tools he uses consistently.

The second is the demonstrated effectiveness of the Bull's psychological warfare. Over and over and over the Bull has manipulated the perceptions of the heroes to influence the situation in a way that benefits him. Its one thing to write 'psychological manipulation' in a bio but its another thing to actually pull it off repeatedly.

Now its possible that Sparrow had intangibles that favor him as well. However because the Bull has had such a large number of posts and roleplays he has written his intangibles in stone and Sparrows are still somewhat unknown. So its possible that Sparrow could go through a big burst of activity and I'd change my mind about this one.

For now though I think the Bull would be able to gain a slight advantage in the decisive melee conflict using his tactics, fight IQ and mastery of psychological warfare. In the end those factors would allow him to transform what would seem to be a losing battle into a winning one and give him the victory.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I was unfamiliar with Sparrows speed feats that could very well sway the tie. Bio could use that to be added actually. Breakdown is solid though good work. Upon reflection it seems the a fairer breakdown than mine.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8718  Edited By Strigidae_23
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I read the bios. It didnt mention that kind of speed otherwise i would certainly made note of it. But i understand that i havent updated my bio for Cass once. Not that its really neeeded lol

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: As far as I know Sparrow isn't a speedster, but I've been out of action for a while and might have missed some of his feats.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Thats understandable. As i said i saw no mention of it on bio and i am useless at remembering feats unless they where against me or in an rp i read recently. Hence why my breakdown are entirely based around bio stats and general opinion. Your breakdown was solid though it certain seems to consider varibles i hadnt. Like reach of attacks and applications of the weapon types vs each other.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Thanks :-)

And yeah, plus I think its getting harder and harder to remember all the feats as the CVnU ages. It was easy in the beginning when there were not that many feats but now..? Too much stuff has happened.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Np yeah thats true, its been awhile now but keeping track of feats is a long winded process. I was gonna make a blog that listed every RP i have ever posted in ( across all accounts). I gave up as wastaking forever thats the kind of work i imagine would take to make note of all the feats around here lol. Would have that amount on a monthly basis.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Ohhh yeah, its a big project. I actually did something similar with Amaranth where I went through his entire forum history and collected all of his feats. That was a while back when I realized I had to get organized before it stretched out so far it was impossible.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I was doing all Cass and all Eddy i got to point about maybe a third of the way through and was like sod this lol. You did good doing one whole character thats some serious data mining.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Hehee, yeah if you count Prime I'm sure you have a ton of Eddy feats.

It was. Took several days if I remember correct.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: was doing just RP's If it was feats it could have a few in each RP lol. I spent maybe like 12 hours and gave up .

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8728  Edited By Strigidae_23

@cassius_knightfall: Yeah it takes a really long time. I had to just set aside a bit of time to spend looking through his feats every day until it was done.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: i am not a patient enough man to fill the task now. Its like 20k posts now lol. Better person than i to make it through that lol.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: I didn't have nearly that many posts to go through lol.

Hrm. We need another battle.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I was thinking of a battle using the future time from awhile back vs their current versions. But its alittle one sided lol.

Avatar image for tenebrous_guile
Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I could make Longshot vs Ivanna (though longshot has done much crazier stuff in Prime) or try to dreg up some of the sillier characters from the vine's early days when neither tonal consistency nor originality were things yet or make something involving Eliminator.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Hrm lol. Still, maybe turn the battlefield to favor the weaker team or give them allies?

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Will have a think and try and balance it alittle better.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile: I don't know if Longshot vs Ivana would be fair but you're free to see what the community thinks!

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: As I said, I'm worried that Featwise, Longshot just blows Ivanna out of the water (the guy took on a Darkseid expy and won).

I've noticed a problem with a lot of the *really* old characters who left before superbios were taken out, which is to say that the deletion of super-bios erased all their stuff. Which is a shame, this was the vine's golden/silver age when you could literally be magneto, Marvel and DC characters existed alongside Vine characters (solely to get worfed of course), and when I was an atrocious writer (yes there was a time when I was regarded as a bottom rung writer).

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile: Then post it lol.

That's true, a lot of those old bios were wiped out. However Iza managed to copy and save a large number of them though I can't imagine he saved them all.
Yeah I remember hearing about the Marvel/DC characters in the CVnU creation PM.
You've come a long way ;-)

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23 said:

@tenebrous_guile: Then post it lol.

That's true, a lot of those old bios were wiped out. However Iza managed to copy and save a large number of them though I can't imagine he saved them all.

Yeah I remember hearing about the Marvel/DC characters in the CVnU creation PM.

You've come a long way ;-)

I'm talking oooold old school. Like last decade old school, in that bizarre nether realm period of the vine before the Prime universe was really defined as a thing in the 2010s.

This is like, back when three line posts were the norm.

That I have, though I'm still surprised when anyone praises anything of mine, too self critical.

As for Longshot vs Ivanna

@_longshot_ vs @strigidae_23

The most iconic archer perhaps to ever grace the vine and the mutant strigidae meet at last in a battle of old vs new. Can the man who defeated living gods and tangoed with the very most powerful the vine had to offer in a time when street levelers were at their nadir in popularity the mutant marauder a defeat?

Location: Brandenburg gate at Berlin...in 1941. They can get away from the gate and fight anywhere in the world afterwards, but they start in front of the gate.

Rules: In character, to the death, incapacitation, arrest by Nazis in round 2, or K.O.

All feats apply no matter how ridiculous

Each gets one week of prep with access to their standard resources (no calling in mega-rich friends or organizations they don't *own*)

Round 1: Berlin is empty.

Round 2: Berlin has it's standard population at the time, including Nazi scum who are alerted to the presence of foreigners and have a day to prepare a response.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile: Hrm, I doubt he got any of those bios. That's back before I even started reading the RPG's here.

Yeah, I think that can be the price of creativity. Its easy to be too down on yourself and lose confidence in your writing. I think it happens to everybody that's any good.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Longshots was saved actually.

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank goodness because it also contains links to all the major role plays he's been part of and all his blog posts.

Honestly, Longshot was the best of the Prime universe incarnate and it'd be a damn shame to lose that history.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall said:

Thank goodness because it also contains links to all the major role plays he's been part of and all his blog posts.

Honestly, Longshot was the best of the Prime universe incarnate and it'd be a damn shame to lose that history.

I believe that it was saved. I remember reading through all his RPG's, they were pretty fantastic.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile: I think its still around i am sure i linked it it my HOF nominations for him last year.

@strigidae_23 Still suprised he didnt get in. Always next year.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Longshot has been snubbed so many times he's like the Leonardo DiCaprio of the HoF.

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile said:
@cassius_knightfall said:

I believe that it was saved. I remember reading through all his RPG's, they were pretty fantastic.

It's almost bizarrely fitting in a romantic sense of the term that Longshot left us when the Prime universe ended.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I promised that if i get in and he doesnt will give him my space. Unless both voted in at sametime... one can hope lol.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8747  Edited By Strigidae_23
Avatar image for eliminator_omega_returns
Eliminator_Omega_Returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: So would I, but I have to admit, Longshot basically had the ideal character progression arc. From an ex-criminal who mostly fought street gangs and barely held his own in World War Warsman from the simple collateral damage of the main heavy weights fighting, to thwarting a massive alien invasion and defeating a Skyfather in the classiest way possible (INTO THE BLACK HOLE WITH YE) and largely lived a rather quiet life afterwards.

I'd like to see what he could do if he came back.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8749  Edited By Strigidae_23

@eliminator_omega_returns: He did. Longshot was one of those writers who had a good story to tell in addition to being a good writer.

Me too. He could bring Longshot over these days. Would be interesting.

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have little knowledge of Longshot's actual personal history or whatever he'd done, but from what I do know from a single encounter I read, what I remember from past battles featuring him, and bios, I feel like almost anything with just the two of them heavily favors Ivana (like, can you sing the lyrics to Vince McMahon's theme song?) in spite of the lauded god feat.