#251 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amaranth_Strix: "Good. I rather abhor fighting." She watched his mouth as he spoke before looking into his eyes, inching closer. "Do you have a proposition..." the vampiric mutant bit her lip, eying him hungrily before continuing in a whisper, "Amaranth?"
#252 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaiba: "Alright, Ben." She nodded with a smile. "I take it you're a swordsman." 

@UnderDogs_OverBoard: "Hooters? Really? That's your idea of a superhero adventure?" She stared at him with incredulity.
#253 Posted by Yaiba (294 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Psyentist
"That I am." He returned her smile briefly before his face straightened out once more, furrowing at the brow, and he leaned forward slightly. "But ma'am, I think I have a problem."
#254 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaiba: "Yes...?" She raised her eyebrows, waiting.
#255 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist: "I do." His breath quickens and he blinks several times in the darkness. Struggling to maintain his composure under an onslaught he was not prepared for. "Allow me access to the information you have on your patients.. and I'll give you what I suspect you want."

#256 Posted by Yaiba (294 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Psyentist
"Madame, my problem is...." He stared gingerly into her eyes, as if searching for something. "....I forget."
#257 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amaranth_Strix: Alexandra smiled and moved her fingers through his hair. "Hmmmm... and if I just... take what I want?" She gave a low chuckle, hovering mere inches from his face. He was very tall, even in her outrageous heels, her endeavours were more difficult than usual. "The question is... is it just what *I* want?"
#258 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaiba: "You seem to have a memory problem. That much I can tell." She looked at him with some amount of pity in her ice blue eyes.
#259 Posted by Skjovald (920 posts) - - Show Bio

(Marking this on my "post in soon" list.)

#260 Posted by Yaiba (294 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Psyentist
Letting her words seep in like a fine mist, he followed with the obvious question, the one she must've heard all the time, aside from the likely inquiries about costs. "Can you help me?"
#261 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaiba: "I'm not sure... what sort of things do you not remember? Long term things, short term things, names, faces?"
#262 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist: Amaranth lifts his left hand and presses it to his weathered face. His glove is quickly soaked in ancient blood. He drops the crimson smeared hand to her shoulder creating a scarlet imprint of his palm and fingers. "You will not." His grip is solid and he begins to recover his mental equilibrium. "You would have to touch me. And anything I touch I can destroy."

Unconsciously his thumb trails across her collar bone leaving a streak of bright blood. "No.. its not just you."

#263 Posted by Yaiba (294 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Psyentist
"Different things. Age, childhood, parents or birthplace. One thing I never forget," he started, perking up once more. "Never forget this sword, and I never forget how to fight. At least, I think I don't." His face then returned to its puzzled expression.
#264 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amaranth_Strix: The smell of the blood all around her now was driving her absolutely insane. Her eyes fluttered, and she swallowed. "Really, now... that sounds delicious. Well worth the risk..." She spoke in reference to his claimed ability. Her lids lowered as her eyes descended towards his throat. A warm breath flowed from between her ruby lips, her fangs instinctually growing in anticipation of the bite. Her gloved hand cradled the back of his neck as with deceptive speed, she opened her mouth to sink her teeth into his flesh.
#265 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaiba: "Well, that's something." She smiled encouragingly. "Memory is a fragile thing... once it's gone, it might never come back. But the way you speak, it sounds like some of it might still be accessible to you." She rested a finger thoughtfully on her chin. "Have you ever been hypnotized?"
#266 Posted by Yaiba (294 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Psyentist
"Honestly, ma'am, I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to." He shrugged. "I don't recall having any hypnotic experiences, but maybe it's just another thing that escapes me."
#267 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaiba: "Well, hypnosis is a way to access the unconscious mind. If your memories are still inside you, this could be a way to draw them out. It doesn't work on everyone, and a person has to be willing to be hypnotized for it to work."
#268 Posted by Yaiba (294 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Psyentist
"Well I'd be willing, if it would help with the issue. To be honest, I'm not sure memories thought of as clothes that can be tossed out a window forever works for me. I'd much prefer them buried and if I could dig them up in any way, I'll try."
#269 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaiba: "Alright. You should get as comfortable as you can. It's usually best to lie down. It can be somewhat like falling asleep."
#270 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist: Her razor sharp fangs scythed into his neck and blood pored forth.

Ancient blood, blood from before the pyramids, from before the rise of Sumer, from before civilization. From the days of the first anatomically modern humans, before the first abstract concept was conceived, before even the rise of human language.

Blood of Amaranth the Immortal. Blood filled with his plethora of mutant powers, every cell shaking with potential power. Each strand of DNA bearing the weight of his life. Eons of experience, a legacy stretching back nearly thirty times the length of human history. So much power had been crammed into his DNA, into his blood, that now his body was overwhelmed by it and the Immortal had slowly, but inevitably begin the process of aging.. and dying.

Amaranth detonates every single cell.

The tremendous shockwave tossed him across the room, blasting the wound in his neck wide open and spraying a thin red mist of blood into the air. He slammed into the wall, rattling books from the shelf and leaving a four foot dent in the drywall.

He clutched his neck, struggling to regain his footing as the wound slowly stitched itself closed. His breath was ragged, in short gasps.

"...."

#271 Posted by Yaiba (294 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Psyentist
"Well alright. If I'm lying down, should I undress as well, or...?" Lying down in a plank position, staring up at the ceiling.
#272 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amaranth_Strix: His blood poured into her mouth, a drop rolling from the corner of her mouth. The blood itself tasted as most blood did... but there was something different as she gulped down the crimson fluid greedily. Her vision began to black out as her body adapted to absorb the strange new genetics. Her intoxicating daze was interrupted by a violent movement. She dropped to one knee, looking up to see him across the room. She chuckled breathlessly, pulling herself to her full height, her eyes now purple. 

@Yaiba: "No, that's alright... you can keep your clothes on." Alexandra looked around wondered why that would have crossed his mind. "Just relax. Close your eyes." She walked over and knelt beside the couch.
#273 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist: (OMG!!!! PSY!!! AHHHHHH)

#274 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild: xD
#275 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist: (wanna know what sucks most about the new job besides not getting on here, at the end of the night my brain is just mush so even if i tried to get on id be a blabbering idiot....even more so than normal lol)

#276 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:

@The Psyentist: (wanna know what sucks most about the new job besides not getting on here, at the end of the night my brain is just mush so even if i tried to get on id be a blabbering idiot....even more so than normal lol)

(I was gonna say... ;D )
#277 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist: (oh tell Pandy muahaha ill never get bored of that but tell him ive lost ten lbs since starting there andmuscle mass in my arms. Im still big but i got me some beginner guns lol)

#278 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild: (Awesome!! I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear your progress.)
#279 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist: Amaranth knew this mission was over. There was too much resistance now, and he had dallied too long. Allowed her to toy with him, manipulate him, and now she seemed to demonstrating powers of her own. No, coming here alone had been the wrong choice.

The wound in his neck finished sealing, leaving a spiderweb of thin scars stained crimson with blood. He took several deep breaths, steadying himself.

"Let us finish this."

#280 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist: (HAzzah!!! I miss you guys, hell i got teary eyed talking to Nova the other day. I dont see anyone besides my fiance anymore, maybe my kids if they got a snowday but thats it lol. Tell ya what if i had a wee little one id never be able to do this six seven days a week like i am now)

#281 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amaranth_Strix: "Hmmmm?" Her fanged grin glittered between her bloodstained lips. "Your powers are delicious, by the way... rather like a fine wine, aged to perfection." She shivered as she felt the changes granted by his blood. "Such control over your own body."
#282 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild: (Sounds lonely. And busy.)
#283 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist: it is but when i get a weekend like i got this weekend i take advantage of it. im having dinner with my mom,son, and fiance tomorrow. so all is good with the world lol

#284 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild: (Good to hear! :) )
#285 Posted by Zazamell Grantodo (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Splayed comfortably on the waiting room sofa, Zazamell catches himself snoring and wakes up for a split second, wondering just what happened while he was asleep.

#286 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist: Slowly his eyebrows climbed upward. If she could steal his powers by drinking his blood that put things in a different light. A bad one. And if she could replicate the control that took him thousands of years to develop things were even worse.

How many sets of powers did she have? How much had she absorbed over the years? To engage her without knowing was foolish.

This mission was a failure. He didn't wince, or sigh or curse his fortune. Sometimes he lost, and this was one of those times. The realization brings a shift in his paradigm. The mission had been to attain information about super humans, but he had allowed himself to fall into her literal clutches and now that mission was over. The new mission was to escape.

"I'm glad you like them." Grunting out the words, his voice box and throat still raw and healing from the damage. "But I'm afraid its time for me to depart." With a short hope backwards he phases through the wall behind him, falling through the empty air outside, into the ground, and making his escape by dashing through the solid earth under the street.

That had not gone well.

[ That was a blast :-)

#287 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amaranth_Strix: Alexandra saw him phase through the wall. "Dammit..." She sprinted forward with a new speed and plunged through the wall after him, her molecules realigning to accommodate the action. By the time she had gotten outside, he was gone. She couldn't help but smile, pleased by the entertaining evening. "We'll meet again, Amaranth." 
(Indeed. We'll have to do this again. It was fun!) 
#288 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zazamell Grantodo: Alexandra cleared her throat. "Ahem."
#289 Posted by Zazamell Grantodo (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist:

His skittish nature around strangers could not be helped, not even from the person he sought help from. He jumped at the sound she made. The hair on the nape of his neck arced upwards and his pupils widened in anticipation. He calmed down just as quickly as he became riled, however, and awkwardly brushed the hair on his neck back down before standing up and holding out his padded hand.

"Hi, Dr. Steele, I'm Zazamell. We spoke on the phone earlier this week about some dreams I've been having."

#290 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zazamell Grantodo: "Ah. Well, pleasure to meet you, Zazamell." She shook his hand. "Why don't we go into the office and talk about it. You can lay down there if you'd like." She gave him a wink and walked into the other room.
#291 Posted by Zazamell Grantodo (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist:

He gave her a smile that faded as soon as she turned her back. He hung his jack on the rack in the corner of the doctor's office and kicked off his shoes before he settled on the chair appointed to him. He stared at the ceiling and folded his hands on his chest.

"So, uh, where do you want to start?" he said, wrinkling his nose as he began to become accustomed to his new surroundings.

#292 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zazamell Grantodo: "Well, you mentioned dreams. Why don't you start by describing them to me." She sat down in her usual chair.
#293 Posted by Zazamell Grantodo (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist:

"Sure sure," he remarked nervously. Something did not settle in the air and it bothered him.

"They started when my dad passed away about a year ago. He was really the only one who supported me in school for obvious reasons," he said, twitching an ear almost to emphasis his point. "Ever since his funeral, I had a hard time going to sleep for long periods of time. I kept having dreams about people I've seen on the streets breaking into my house. I guess you could call it anxiety. People are starting to hate mutants and supers more nowadays. A guy can hardly go to the supermarket without getting weird glares."

#294 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zazamell Grantodo: Alexandra nodded sympathetically. She could understand something about the weird stares, not for herself, but for her brother. He couldn't attend regular school because of his features. "Yes, it's a sad truth that humans always fear that which is different. These dreams definitely seem to reflect your anxiety as you keenly noted. Of course, you realize they are just dreams. Have you had any reason to fear that these dreams might become a reality?"
#295 Posted by Zazamell Grantodo (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist:

"It's a daily ritual of mine to remove the signs people post in my yard about how disgusting my existence is."

#296 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zazamell Grantodo: "That's terrible..." She shook her head. "I'm glad it doesn't keep you from going out. That shows quite a bit of internal strength."
#297 Posted by Zazamell Grantodo (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist:

(We can continue this later if you want.)

#298 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zazamell Grantodo: (Reply at your leisure. I can respond whenever I'm online.)
#299 Posted by Zazamell Grantodo (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Psyentist:

"I was raised to never hate anyone, but it's easy to understand why people hate me," he smiles, remember his dad's favorite way of making Zazamell feel more comfortable about himself.

"They're all dog people."

#300 Posted by The Psyentist (16839 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zazamell Grantodo: Alexandra chuckled. "That's a good one. And I'm glad your family has had a positive impact on your life. Some who come through here... they don't have that. Loving parents seem to be increasingly hard to come by."