The Psychiatric Office of Dr. Steele (CVnU)

Avatar image for eagle_of_the_east
Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@the_psyentist: "Yeah, thanks." Eagle once more tucked her wings against her sides and slipped through the office door.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2102  Edited By The Psyentist

@eagle_of_the_east: "Do whatever makes you feel most comfortable." The doctor herself sat down in her usual chair, crossing one leg over the other and placing her hands in her lap. "What can I do for you, Ms...?"

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: "Just Ester."Glancing around Eagle finds a chair, turns it around backwards and sits. A strained posture but with her wings its all she can comfortably manage.

"I'm not really sure. Lately I've been.. depressed. Felt lonely, frustrated." Shrugging her shoulders, the motion rustling her feathers.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagle_of_the_east: Alexandra nodded. "Has anything transpired to precipitate these feelings?"

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: "Sure."Nodding her agreement. "My mutation happened." Wiggling her wings, eyes flickering with wry humor. "After that I ended up losing my job. Never was all that close with my family, but.." She shrugs as if she doesn't care, but she clearly does. "..we just stopped talking. Same thing with most of my friends, after the mutation I didn't want to register so I started moving around a lot."

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagle_of_the_east: "I'm sorry. That definitely would cause depression and loneliness. Some people just don't know how to accept people who are different. I try offer aid to mutants as much as I can with my practice and my school, but I can't change the minds of the general public. Have you been able to find any mutant friends? I've known people who have banded together to avoid registration and to have a steady support system. It's easy to feel isolated."

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: "Yeah, kind of. I've moved to Gothic city, its the only place I can afford to live now. There are a lot of mutants but.. I don't know. I hesitate to join that 'group', because when I do that's when I go from just being a person to being a mutant. Mutant wings, mutant neighbourhood, mutant friends."

"I never wanted to be this person, you know?"

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2108  Edited By The Psyentist

@eagle_of_the_east: "Segregation is never ideal. But it is good to have a safe place with people who understand. No one choses to be born a mutant nor do they get to choose their powers. You will always be first and foremost a person. A woman. Mutant is just part of who you are. You can branch out. Gothic City is a big place lots of different people."

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: "That's true. Deep down I know it. It just feels like giving up on everything I've wanted. If that makes any sense."

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2110  Edited By The Psyentist

@eagle_of_the_east: "You're young, Ester. This is just an interim. You aren't giving up, you are giving that future a chance by using what you are given. We all need roots before we can grow and branch out."

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: Ester nods. "I see what you're saying, and it makes sense."

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2112  Edited By The Psyentist

@eagle_of_the_east: "But sense and emotion do not always coincide. What are you feeling right now?"

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: Her wings curl, wrapping part way around her and the chair both. "Tired, I guess."Ester fidgets with her feathers, running them through her fingers. "Emotionally I mean. Every day is like running a marathon and I know tomorrow is going to be the same."

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagle_of_the_east: "Do you suppose that's from always moving, difficulty getting work or friends?"

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: Ester nods, agreeing. "Yeah. I can't ever relax. Not really. Its hard to build anything because I know eventually someone is going to ask for my registration papers." Running her fingers through her dark hair.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagle_of_the_east: "I can imagine. Can I ask why you didn't register? Some people have different reasons."

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: "Sure. Sounds.. silly I guess but it was principle. I didn't do anything wrong this is just something that happened to me. Its not contagious and its not even that dangerous. I just felt it was unfair so I never signed up. With all the fighting going on they overlooked me I guess. But later people would ask at job interviews, or in rental applications One day I the police knocked on my door. I just walked out the back and flew away."

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagle_of_the_east: "I can certainly understand that. I've never endorsed the Registration act. I think it's a terrible invasion of privacy and it treats mutants as if they are cattle to be catalogued."

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagle_of_the_east: "No... I've managed to keep my own mutation mostly between me, my clients, and my students." A woman of her reputation, position, and power had a way of avoiding registration forces. "But I imagine even I could soon feel the pressure of the mandate."

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2121  Edited By Jaegerjaquez
Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(The bird and cat. That would be a sly team-up. lol)

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: "You're lucky. Some mutations can't be hidden." Flipping her wings, amused momentarily at her own situation.

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(The bird and cat. That would be a sly team-up. lol)

I'll ride on her back and pounce from the skies.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2126  Edited By Jaegerjaquez
Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaegerjaquez: Oh yeah..

>.>

<.<

I'll try and get you a reply as soon as I finish writing a reply for Canine.

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2128  Edited By Jaegerjaquez
Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaegerjaquez: Yes! Canine has been waiting on me to post, that's what ;-)

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2132  Edited By Jaegerjaquez
Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2133  Edited By Amaranth
Marcus_Korah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: Marcus snapped awake at the angry voice. So much for taking a nap first... "Awww, darlin', you know it's rude to wake somebody that's sleeping, right?" He tipped his hat back up so he could see the doctor. He smirked slightly as he stretched and yawned. "It's not like you were using the place anyway..."

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist:

Last Pyre laughed menacingly. "No one ever plans to burn, yet they burn anyway. What makes you think that you wont?" "She clearly underestimates us" "clearly" "Should we make an example?" "Not today. Why waste effort just to burn one mortal when we could burn many mortals with minimal effort. Its simple logic Peter" "Fair enough" They then realised that they had just been talking with each other all that time and not let the doctor even have a say. Peter decided to pause to let the doctor say something else before they went off to burn a hospital or some place similar.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killer_Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2142  Edited By Killer_Rabbit

@the_psyentist

Killer Rabbit sat in the waiting room bouncing her leg, full of nervous energy. And caffeine. She sat hunched forward slightly forward, her dirty hair falling over her eyes. She was flipping through a metal magazine she had found in someones mail box on the way here. Though she was mostly looking at the pictures. She cranked up her headphones louder to drowned out the doctors currant session.

"This stinks." She pouted like a little kid. "Why am I here again?"

"Big job. The customer wants to know that you're not too insane for the gig." Her inner monologue replied.

"Nice exposition there brain." She giggled to herself. "But I still think its dumb. Being crazy makes me a better choice for an assassin job. Right?" She asked the lamp, who had no thoughts on the subject as it was just a lamp. "See!" She exclaimed, as if hearing a answer. "This guy gets it."

"Oh we are so damaged...." Her inner monologue muttered.

"As long as you don't bother me with things I don't bother you with, Nine times out of ten you might be right but what about the time you know you're wrong...." She sang with some song playing in her headphones, and pulled her Rabbit ear hood over her eyes. She was slightly hungover. Noise didn't bother her, but the fluorescent lights were giving her a headache.

"We are so not getting this job...."

"Your face ain't getting this job." Killer Rabbit shot back.

"We have the same face. Dumdum...."

"I know you are but what am I?!?" She yelled, and maxed out the volume on her earphones.

"We need this job for money....We need money to find Alice...."

"Lalalalalalala. I can't hear you brain. Lalalalalala."

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2143  Edited By Amaranth
Marcus_Korah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2145  Edited By The Psyentist

@eagle_of_the_east: "Oh, I understand to some degree. My brother was not as fortunate as me to appear so... normal."

@marcus_korah: "This is my office. I always use it. I was just out getting something to drink." Her brows furrowed. "You really should sit in the waiting room like everyone else."

@lastpyre: Alexandra rolled her eyes. "Or maybe you underestimate me. Either way, it's of little consequence now."

@killer_rabbit: Alexandra stepped out and cleared her throat. "Hello, I'm Dr. Steele. Please, come inside."

Marcus_Korah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2146  Edited By Marcus_Korah

"I don't know darlin', you seem to always be out whenever I stop by... Besides, what'd be the point in sitting out there just so you could tell me to come sit in here? Way I see it, I'm saving us time. If you wanted to keep people out, you'd get yourself a better lock." Marcus smirked as he took his feet off the doctor's desk.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcus_korah: (LOL. Miss reply.)

"Out. Of. My. Chair." She glared.

Marcus_Korah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: (Shush... I've been up almost 30 hours now :P)

"Of fine, have it your way." Marcus sighed heavily and sat up, trying and failing to act repentant. "You're a bit touchy about that sort of thing you know. What's the worst that could happen?"

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcus_korah: She stared at him coldly. "The last person to sneak into my office almost got himself killed. I happen to have sensitive information in here. You should not enter unless invited inside."

Marcus_Korah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: Marcus met her gaze evenly, "And if I wanted your 'sensitive information' you'd never know until it was too late." He slipped out of her chair and stood, pacing around her desk and once again over to one of her couches. "This'd be twice now I've been in here all on my lonesome, and I haven't had a near death experience yet... The last guy must have just been incompetent, darlin'."