superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By superstay

Somewhere on Wolfe's Estate (12:50 AM)

“A great man once said, “be like water”…”, spoke a calm voice. Sitting in a dark room, with nothing but the soothingly flat voice to keep a bit of sound, two figures meditated. “…don’t get set into one form…” the male voice spoke again, out of the silence. With each sentence, he would return into hushing peace, to deeply sit empty of all thoughts. “…adapt and built up your body. But, be prepared to let it go, at an any moment.”, the meditating man spoke to his apprentice. He parted his lips, again, “…empty your mind, and body, and become formless and shapeless, to become free”.

“Be water… put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; into a bottle it becomes the bottle;…put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot.”, he spoke as he body sat numbly in a lotus-position. Having been in the position for hours, he comfortably felt nothing, not even the cold wood that lied under him. After a pause, he began speaking again,“…flow freely, like a streaming river, or crush thunderously, like a hurling wall…being water was the philosophy of a great master”. He continued meditating in still quietness, before he heard his student timidly question him. “…how do I do that Haiden?”, she quietly asked, before her voice was swallowed by the looming silence of the room.

No Caption Provided

After a few minutes of silence, three floor plated candles lit up. Flickering at first, they grew to become illuming flames. Echoing light throughout the small room, Kuminashi opened her eyes, to see the three plates lined neatly in front of her. Sheng sat opposite her, on the other end of the lining candles. She looked at the brown clay plates, thick and smooth, holding individual white candles that held bbright flames. As she looked back up at Sheng, who’s still face she now saw, fully, he opened his lips, “…you have you find that out for yourself…”. He continued, “I had to search throughout myself, and find a way to free my spirit of the chains that restricted it…however, I can’t do that for you…no one can. You must find your way”.

As she pondered over how to do as her master instructed, and where she would begin, Kumi started to talk. However, he began first, “I’ll explain my view to you, to assist your search…”, he took a slow breath of the now heated air. “…life is a sea…and we are all a part of it…Like a stream, it is always flowing forward, and it will always flow forward. One could try to fight against it, staying in one place, and get lost in its harsh crashing pressure, or flow with it and find a better path to their destination. But, the stream will always flow forward. The method that works for me is to freely flow with it”. Sheng closed his eyes, as if to listen for what to say next, “absorb all that life sends your way, and release all that life sends your way, at a moment’s notice…”.

No Caption Provided

“Clear your head of all that you know. Throw away stubborn ignorance and self-righteous beliefs…”, he spoke as he listened to the whistling that seeped through the Shōji paper walls. “Accept knowing nothing…and being wrong about something, if not everything. Like a sea that is open to all, the ocean rejects nothing…”, he paused. “if you drop sand in a body of water, it accepts it, if you drop a crate into it, it’ll accept it as well…and, if you pull them from the sea, it’ll freely release them, irrefutably”. He soon stood, “water may crash or pull, at times, but it never tenses up, and rejects. It is always willing and ready to change and reform. As well, it’ll always return to its free flowing state of calmness”. Turning to walk away, “take what I said, absorb it and release it…or do with it as you please…but, be like water…”, he left her to think over what he said. Closing the light door, she was left in the warm room, by herself.

d^_^b

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is a pretty good piece of writing man.