#551 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio
#552 Posted by Ultraviolence (458 posts) - - Show Bio
#553 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@formicidae: ( No I aint, our double-teaming secured us a present victory, the future may hold defeat, but for now we are victorious in that battle, and @amaranth_strix is also writing on-point, nice one! This is fun! )

#554 Posted by Petite_Oiseau (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that we can edit thread titles now.

#555 Posted by Ultraviolence (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark:

(Post-victory assessment of the damage after you beat up Destiny? Possibly even Shawarma? :o)

#556 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio
#557 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio
#558 Edited by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio
#559 Posted by Ultraviolence (458 posts) - - Show Bio
#560 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@formicidae: [ Hehehe. I need to rest a bit actually. That was a big fight and I wrote a lot, the writing part of my brain needs to rest and recharge. ]

#561 Edited by Ultraviolence (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix:

(Understandable. I just logged in so I'll set something up for when you get back.)

#562 Posted by Petite_Oiseau (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix: It's something I've wanted the ability to do forever now :)

You're gonna beat my post count soon :o

#563 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@formicidae: [ Awesome. Might be this evening, might be tomorrow. Not sure! If I don't respond tomorrow toss me a wall post to remind me, I get caught up in things sometimes and forget.

#564 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio
#565 Edited by Ultraviolence (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix:

Aaron sat moping in his laboratory, tinkering with Eciton's head sculpt to take his mind off of current events. The cold stare of his robotic assistant did little to stem his thoughts from straying back to the battlefield of Venezuela and most certainly not from the recent attack on the Peak itself. People were actively gunning for the Enforcers, even if they meant to do the world a decent amount of good in the long run. He could not help but think what things would have been like if he did not schedule that fateful appointment with Tony.

Perhaps none of this would have happened. He often wished that none of it did these days.

#567 Edited by Leon_Dissada (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: arives on rood through transparent vortex. that seemed to come from his one eye visible in his mask. "how bad is it?"

#568 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: [ He's setting up for an interaction with me late tonight or tomorrow evening ;-) ]

#569 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragman1138: Horizon spoke "Target any enemies that are on the Roof currently" ( Sidelash and Destiny for example )

@amaranth_strix: [ My bad ]

#570 Posted by Leon_Dissada (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: "got it." he vanashes

@sideslash: Leon materializes in front of the man. "i think it is im for you to leave"

#571 Posted by _Destiny_ (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix: @formicidae:

Stark wasted no-time as he instinctively made another attack plan, this-time flying at Mach 10 towards another opponent, simply trying to kill them with a ram with enough force imparted to blow up a tank upon impact, this move was over 7 times the speed of sound - The speed blitz was aimed at @_destiny_ as Peak flew through the sky.

There was no chance for Phillip to avoid this one. The strike was masked by a flash of lightning, the truth obscured...

What is known: Phillip was hit, and flesh was ripped from bone. Yet when the lightning cleared he was whole (though white and shaking)

The rest is masked in shadows, like the dark matter that lurks beneath space and yet never is seen. Someday the singularity will unravel, and all will be made clear. But today is not that day, and the mysteries of undeath are yet to be revealed.

#572 Edited by Ultraviolence (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix:

Aaron sat moping in his laboratory, tinkering with Eciton's head sculpt to take his mind off of current events. The cold stare of his robotic assistant did little to stem his thoughts from straying back to the battlefield of Venezuela and most certainly not from the recent attack on the Peak itself. People were actively gunning for the Enforcers, even if they meant to do the world a decent amount of good in the long run. He could not help but think what things would have been like if he did not schedule that fateful appointment with Tony.

Perhaps none of this would have happened. He often wished that none of it did these days.

Soon, the experimenting had to come to an end. He took up a pencil and a piece of paper...and began writing.

"Friends and fellow Enforcers: I am Dr. Aaron Palmer, son of Gene Palmer. I am writing this in the vague hopes that you will one day forgive me for what I have done. I was not strong enough. I cannot imagine how people shrug off this feeling. My father raised me to respect everyone, treat others like how you want to be treated. I killed forty-two men and sixteen women who were fighting for their country. I deprived fifty-eight families of their members. I remember telling Leon about a girl I orphaned. He told me that it was for the greater good. With all due respect, the greater good is a malicious lie. It is a fabrication used by people who want to justify doing horrible things. In the end, there is no real victory. We were not the heroes I dreamed about, the ones I looked up to. We are puppets. Our president had the audacity to declare Venezuela 'United States territory' like it was a damned trophy. Do we continue on this path of destruction and mindless chaos until the whole world is hanging on our wall? Is that all the world is to us - sport?! We're heroes damn it,"

Punching his desk, he broke the pencil in his hand and grabbed a fistful of his own hair, sobbing relentlessly into his wrist. Eciton-73 recorded every last second of it, perhaps to learn about the human emotion of melancholy. Aaron did not notice.

"It's time we started acting like heroes."

Before he signed at the bottom, he had the choice between either a loaded pistol he merely had to grasp for or to stuff the note into his desk and suppressing these feelings again. He ran his fingers over the textured grip of the firearm. Somehow it felt...comforting. He remembered his father, the single best role model in his life, and how much he admired him growing up. On Saturdays, they would go to the zoo. Aaron spent hours in the insect exhibit, specifically the ant farm area. Gene hated insects. He found them creepy and disgusting. But they made his son happy. That was all that mattered back then. When Aaron graduated college, Gene was the first person to stand up and clap his hands together. Pride swelled in his chest as he embraced his son, his only living son, and held him tight before they parted ways - Aaron bound for greatness and Gene back to his residential home in Georgia.

They spoke often, but eventually work consumed Aaron and communication broke down. When he got the news, he could hardly believe it. It was the beginning of his downward spiral into chronic depression.

His father had contracted a cancerous growth around his spine. Doctors gave him half a year. Gene lived the rest of his life in a wheelchair. The last place he ever visited was the same zoo he took Aaron to every weekend. Aaron walked him to his favorite exhibit: the tortoises. They were so peaceful. The serene breeze dancing through the habitat rustled the tree leaves. Sunlight filtering down like rays through a pane of glass...

Gene Palmer died that day two years ago.

During his mental lapse into his most precious memory, the gun found itself in Aaron's hand pointed at his right temple. He smiled.

I'm coming home dad...

#573 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragman1138: Felix grinned. "I don't think so." He lunged forward in an amazing burst of speed at the man, swiping at his torso.

#574 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@formicidae: ( Is This with Amaranth? If not Tony is gona go in and bust your ass for attempting suicide >_> )

#575 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: ( Cam Anthony attack you, as you know - He defends the place :P )

#576 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@sideslash: ( Cam Anthony attack you, as you know - He defends the place :P )

(Bring. It.)

#577 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: Upon defending Amaranth and Destiny, Stark now flew towards the next target at Mach three, simply attempting to punch him in the side of the face with 10 tons of power.

#578 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: Upon defending Amaranth and Destiny, Stark now flew towards the next target at Mach three, simply attempting to punch him in the side of the face with 10 tons of power.

Felix got the sword up just in time, deflecting the punch past him, and rolled away. He dashed forward, aiming to dissect his opponent at the waist.

#580 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: Stark spun around swiftly as the sword connected with his waist, metal scraped on metal as a large dent was made but nothing serious was done, the suit would take more damage than a simple sword would dish out. The Nano-Bots and Peak Serums popped the suit back into shape as Stark looked at his enemy, he folded his arms "Leave"

Felix grinned evilly. His arms ached, nearly broken from the effort of deflecting the punch. "Never."

(Seriously? Your armour's that uber? Felix's sword managed to cleave straight through Kratesis' armour.)

#581 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark said:

@sideslash: Stark spun around swiftly as the sword connected with his waist, metal scraped on metal as a large dent was made but nothing serious was done, the suit would take more damage than a simple sword would dish out. The Nano-Bots and Peak Serums popped the suit back into shape as Stark looked at his enemy, he folded his arms "Leave"

Felix grinned evilly. His arms ached, nearly broken from the effort of deflecting the punch. "Never."

(Seriously? Your armour's that uber? Felix's sword managed to cleave straight through Kratesis' armour.)

Ohh, let me re-edit and we can back-track , I will delete my post

#582 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash said:

@anthony_stark said:

Felix got the sword up just in time, deflecting the punch past him, and rolled away. He dashed forward, aiming to dissect his opponent at the waist.

Stark spun around swiftly as the sword connected with his waist, metal scraped on metal as his suit attempted to resist the attack, however it would have sliced straight through if Stark did not take the counter-measures, utilizing the magnetic field around the base, he had managed to slow down the mans attack and weaken the blow, just enough for it to slice though, cutting a little of Stark inside but nothing serious to his internals, however the suit had lost the ability for the time-being to use this Omni or Uni beam until it repaired, this would take a little while.

The Nano-Bots and Peak Serums started repairing, but it would take some-time, he folded his arms "Leave now or face death"

( I thought you had a normal sword, sorry bro! )

#583 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio
#584 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: ( Well, I did it anyways, you sliced through the suit completely, and disabled my reactor beams )

#585 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: Felix spun the sword around a couple of times. "See, now you've stopped attacking, maybe we can talk." He reached into his coat with one hand, throwing a handful of miniature explosives at the man. "Or maybe not." As they exploded all around the man, he lunged forward, this time using the pointed edge, aiming straight at the gaping hole he had previously made.

#586 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: As the man spoke a bombardment of explosives attacked Peak, because of his previous encounter with Amaranth and Destiny, his suit was not at 100%, The explosives all smashed onto the suit sending him flying backwards as his suit was now running at 74% efficiency, this blow had nearly knocked Stark unconscious, however Horizon was still mobile, as the sword came towards the suit Horizon used Peaks hands to grabbed the sword by the blunt ends on both sides and attempt to push it forward matching the power of the mans thrust as a counter-attack. Hoping to break a rib or at-least knock the man backwards so Stark could form a plan of attack.

#587 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: [want me to bust our scientist out of depression with prozac?]

#588 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: [If you want, I need to talk to him though ]

#589 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: Felix flew backwards, hit the ground and rolled to a stop. Before he had time to clear his head, he was up, moving into his serious stance, low, his sword held behind him with one hand. "You do the wrong things for the right reasons. I pity you. Your eyes are clouded, your judgement impaired."

#590 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: "Well maybe I do, but at-least I am trying to make a difference, who are you to talk? Coming to my home and attacking me then saying I am in the wrong" Stark chuckled "The irony" Upon saying so he fired both palm repulsion units at the man, aiming for his chest and leg.

#591 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: He took the shots on the flat side of the blade. It still moved him back, but he grinned around the edge of the sword. "Who am I to say such a thing? A man who is proving that people don't have to follow whatever the government says. I am the one who will protect people from an all-powerful organisation that will segregate people for their differences, and will force propganda down the throats of the general populace to get whatever they want." He lunged forward. "And you - You are a man who fancies himself a god."

#592 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash:

"A God? I am no God, Just a man in a metal suit trying to save lives, you do know what the HALO Corps where planning? correct..." He flew into the air then dropped behind the man, attempting a simple jab towards his back with a palm-strike, this was an interesting talk, no need to end it now.

#593 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

Not mine… >,<Found this and thought it was cool
Grawr :3
#594 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash:

"A God? I am no God, Just a man in a metal suit trying to save lives, you do know what the HALO Corps where planning? correct..." He flew into the air then dropped behind the man, attempting a simple jab towards his back with a palm-strike, this was an interesting talk, no need to end it now.

He grimaced. "The HALO Corps? I don't care." He rolled out of the path of his opponent's attack, then aimed a chi-focused strike at a weak point in the armour. "What I do care about is the oppression of the privileged to the common people. What they were planning would not affect my home. What you propose, will."

#595 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: "Then you are even more naive then I thought, I strive to help the world, you strive to help yourself" He put up a magnetic field coupled with a gravitational shield on his forearm as he blocked the chi-based attacked (In the shape of captain american shield) He then returned fire with a simple repulsion blast "And yes it would have, they wanted to kill every Meta-Human on the planet, you are aware that HALO Corps was backing the Pro-Registration act? I was not fighting them for opposing this, I was fighting them for the USA, You don't even know why you are fighting me, and you speak like you know anything at-all, you are blinded by pure and simple selfishness and ignorance"

#596 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: "Then you are even more naive then I thought, I strive to help the world, you strive to help yourself" He put up a magnetic field coupled with a gravitational shield on his forearm as he blocked the chi-based attacked (In the shape of captain american shield) He then returned fire with a simple repulsion blast "And yes it would have, they wanted to kill every Meta-Human on the planet, you are aware that HALO Corps was backing the Pro-Registration act? I was not fighting them for opposing this, I was fighting them for the USA, You don't even know why you are fighting me, and you speak like you know anything at-all, you are blinded by pure and simple selfishness and ignorance"

Felix smirked evilly. "Them killing meta-humans still doesn't affect me. 100 percent homo sapien here." He leaped into the air, dodging the repulsor blast, and landing in a one-handed handstand. "By fighting for the USA, you prove that you know nothing about me. You are no better than I, are you." He flipped onto his feet. He growled dangerously. "However, I believe that you have nothing worth saying left. We will meet again, Stark. And next time, only one of us will be leaving." He broke left, running directly at the edge of the roof, and he leaped high into the air, lunging over the edge, rapidly increasing in speed, landing smoothly on a small jet. He leaped into the cargo hold. It would take a matter of seconds to take control of the plane and start flying back to base.

#597 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash:

Stark watched the man leave, he was now aware who he was fighting, selfish men with the audacity to call him evil, then let millions be killed because "it would not affect me" Stark turned away disgusted as he left for his room.

( Baddass fight, loved it - great talk )

#598 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: (Gonna have to do a Taskmaster-esque scene where Felix breaks into your office to talk, after doing some crazy stuff to get through your security systems.

#599 Edited by Leon_Dissada (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: the slash would've hit but it went straight through leon's body like vapor. "as i said, i believe it is time for you to leave..." his one visible red eye in the mask turns and shoots black fire from it, intending to incinerate the man

#600 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: ( Agreed, they have a lot of talking potential between them )