Natalia_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Natalia_Dante

Origin & Beginnings

Since before recorded history, the supernatural walked the earth. Vampires. Lycanthropes. Witches. All forms of mystical beings that the Mundane have chosen not to believe in - or to hunt.

One of these groups is known quietly as the Panthera - The Panther. One of many forms of shifters native to the world, this particular sect is particularly reclusive, keeping very much to their own.

Spread around the world, the Panthera is centralized in the America’s, with a particularly large congregation in New Orleans, after being drawn there by the unnaturally large mystical and supernatural community.

Their history goes back before anybody can remember, but what is remembered and recorded is filled with strife. From their inception, the Panthera were viewed as other, even among what should have been their own clan.

Due to the anomalies in their genetics, the Panthera became a sub-sect from both the Jaguar and Leopard shifter communities. They were viewed as other, as unnatural, due to the genetic fluke that colored their fur as a black, with deep rosette underlays beneath the initial coat. Superstition and rumor ran rampant, and it was whispered that they had other abilities as well.

Truth be told, they did. One of the genetic anomalies present in the Panthera allowed them to control their shifts. They were not beholden to the same cycle as the others - who had control of their shifts at all times with the exception of the full moon - when a shift was forced upon them.

They were hunted by their own, almost to extinction. And so they learned, very quickly, how to disappear and blend into their surroundings, and keep themselves quiet.

The Panthera slipped into legend, even amongst the shifters of the world. The elusive and mythical Black Panther shifters, eventually falling out of memory and truly becoming figments of myth and folklore.

But they were there, the entire time. Centuries passed. The world progressed. Travel that did not involve walking or livestock came to be, and avenues of communication became more readily available as they turned from the Dark Ages, and that was when the Panthera were thrust into chaos yet again.

The Great Dispute & Tentative Treaty

There was a territory dispute between the Panthera and a local group of wolves. It ended in bloodshed and set the two groups down a path that would be walked for the following centuries.

Several hundred. Closed together, congregated. War raged, murder happened. The Council was replaced after a particularly brutal attack. They fought each other to a standstill and after extreme deaths on both sides, came to a tentative treaty.

They came together again to combat a particularly virulent threat. During the height of the Spanish Inquisition when Vampires around the globe commenced in a hunt. When the supernatural community should have been banding together as a unified force to take out the humans who were so intent on making their lives hell, they were busy turning on each other.

The vampires were rising steadily in power, and it was determined that they must be stopped before they could overtake all of the other supernaturals. It was this great conflict that brought two of the worlds most lethal groups past a tentative treaty and fully into an alliance of convenience. Even with the mighty forces and deadly abilities of the vampire, they were not enough to counteract both the lycans and the Panthera.

The tide was turned, and the lycans and Panthera went their separate ways yet again, each group fading back into myth and shadows, where they were much more comfortable.

However, it was only a matter of time before things went to hell, as they were always wont to do.

War between the two groups ignited over a reason long yet forgotten, and the treaty was never reignited. They did not fight with the same open ferocity as before, instead opting for occasional assassinations and the on-sight killing of one from the other group.

Ravaged Numbers

The world continued to progress and as it did so, so did the Panthera. Solitary from other groups by nature, their numbers began to spread across the world. Unlike many other shifters, they were more than happy to assimilate into human society, and with the utmost control, reined in their natures and lead fruitful lives. Corporate executives. Politicians. Soccer moms. They walked in all facets of life, infiltrating as much as assimilating and gathering wealth and power, should the Panthera ever need it.

They were in the modern day now, and thriving in it. Their members in the United States congregated in New Orleans, naturally drawn to the mystical centerpoint of the country. But as tantalizing as it was, it was also oh so dangerous.

The numbers of the Panthera had dwindled over centuries of hardship. Where they had once been plentiful, they were now down to much fewer. There were still a multitude, but with the way that things were trending, they would be facing a decline and within the next ten generations, a possible endangered rating.

They needed power and protection, especially in the midst of so much supernatural activity, and so an unlikely alliance was borne with the Arcadians, the thieves guild of New Orleans.

A match was created between Felix Thibodeaux, the future leader of the Arcadians, and Nadya Marshall, the daughter of a council member of the Panthera. It was a tale as old as time, romantic matchmaking for political purposes. But this did not end in hatred or resentment.

Over time, Felix and Nadya formed a genuine love for each other, and they knitted their two groups together in an alliance that held steady - until it didn’t.

Everything Good Must End

Felix and Nadya grew into themselves, both as people and as a couple, providing a unified front of renewed hope for both of their respective worlds.

They gave birth to one child, a daughter named Zara. She was slated to become the next head of the Arcadians, ascending to the role after her father. She had Panthera blood as well as Arcadian, but her shifting was dormant. This was almost unthinkable to the Panthera, and a disappointment to say the least, but it made her nothing less in the eyes of her parents, who loved her dearly.

Zara however, had the temperament of the Panthera. She was wild, uninhibited and unable to be tamed. At the age of seventeen years old, she formally announced her emancipation to both the Panthera and the Arcadians, abdicating her future role.

She left home and struck out on her own, unable to face the disappointment in her father’s eyes every time he looked at her, and having a yearning need to create a new life for herself, a name for herself that was hers and hers alone.

She became a thief, and took the homeless of the French Quarter under her wing, providing meals and clothes for them, and as the money began to roll in and she earned a reputation as the best, she slowly moved them into housing.

Rekindling

The treaty between the Panthera and the lycans had been voided centuries ago, and that combined with her emancipation from the Panthera, meant that Zara had no incentive not to go after the newest foe to cross her path.

The mother of Casimoro Cardoso was a lauded high sorceress, and her husband was one of the most legendary lycans to ever walk the earth. That did not stop Zara from targeting them. During her travels through the homeless population, and her befriending of them, Zara took note when numerous members of that community went missing.

She was able to track that to a particular high sorceress, and it was presumed she was using them for some sort of nefarious purpose. The retaliation was Zara stealing a key artifact from the power couple and reigniting a particularly potent feud, this one carried specifically between the Thibodeaux and Cardoso families.

It was not one that would die out any time soon.

The Next Generation

Zara was not an inherited shifter, but the younger of her two daughters most certainly was, and an unnaturally gifted one at that.

Natalia Dante completed her first shift at the age of three years old, and instinctively new just how to do it. For many the first shift was a brutal experience, but for her it was as easy as breathing.

She was everything that they had hoped her mother would be, and wanted it as little as Zara did. When given the option, Natalia refused to pledge her fealty to the Council, and had chosen to live with the repercussions of that.

Continuing to follow in her mother’s footsteps, she has taken up thieving. Known professionally as Le Petite Chat, the younger of the Dante Daughters is already becoming a known name in particularly nefarious circles.

---------------------------------------------------

Council - The ruling Council is comprised by three members of the Panthera from each content. All decisions and laws are passed through the Council and must be voted with a majority. Council positions follow line of blood succession. The Council is also responsible for setting up safe houses (neutral ground and safe, secluded spaces - especially for shifting).

The Council is overseen by one specific Panthera. None of the others are aware of who this member is, or even if they actually exist.

Rogues - A Rogue is a member of the Panthera who has not sworn fealty to the Council, and who has denied their one chance to do so after their initial refusal. A Rogue is also one who has broken the laws and edicts set forth by the Council. The term can also be applied to those of the Panthera who have been excommunicated, and/or chosen to forsake their place.

Not all Rogues have committed crimes. There are allowances for members of the Panthera to remove themselves from the community as a whole and exist solitarily. This is a rare occurrence and is an option that is only taken up during extenuating circumstances.

In their history, there have only been eleven Panthera to go Rogue without breaking a law. One of them is Zara Thibodeaux, another is Natalia Dante.

Seekers - Seekers are the select Panthera who are designated with seeking out and hunting down Rogues and Slayers. A Panthere will have one chance to turn themselves over to the Council before being labeled a Rogue. After that, they are moved onto the list. Of all the rogues, there is a list of the top ten who are kill on sight by any Seeker. Aside from that, there are specific Seekers designated to specific geographic areas.

Seekers are not viewed favorably by the rest of the Panthera, despite being a necessary evil. They are hesitant to make personal connections, knowing that if any of those connections go Rogue, they’ll be forced to hunt them down.

Sentinels - A Sentinel is a protector. They are less aggressive than the Seekers, and their foremost function is the protection of those under their jurisdiction. They tend to monitor the underage Panthera in order to ensure that the more animalistic traits of their nature doesn’t overtake them and lead to incidents with the Mundane or other mystical populations.

In times of war, the Sentinels function as borderline generals, and are considered some of the most deadly Panthera alive, competing with only the Seekers for that title.

Sentinels are viewed much more favorably than the Seekers due to their more altruistic and passive functions.

Slayer - A Slayer is the most hated and perhaps the most feared of all the Panthera. A Slayer is a Panthera who has given him or herself over to the full force of their animal nature. This is a danger for any who spends too much time in their animal form, for the longer that they do so, the more traits and features of their other half that they risk taking on.

They are the top priority of the Seekers, due to their (borderline) feral nature and potential for destruction.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is there a new underworld movie or something or is there some other reason why gothic horror monsters are all the rage now?

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beautiful :)

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice you do like you animalist impulse human types with this and a vampire account. Very different vibes though.

Also i thought it said Pantera lol ( its 9am and i went to bed late)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

This is really nice, fun read, awesome concept.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. I like this. :S

Epigoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this :)

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was fun. I like it!

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked all the depth, feels like a tv show.

Alister_Vonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alister_Vonce

Ohhhh, I want one <_<

Natalia_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alister_vonce: PM me and we can work something out :)

@surkit:@strigidae_23: @_ophelia_: @pyrogram: @la_espada: Thanks guys. Been retooling some stuff that I had before to fit into this. Needed to find a cohesive way to piece it together and I think I accomplished what I was going for.

Very nice you do like you animalist impulse human types with this and a vampire account. Very different vibes though.

Also i thought it said Pantera lol ( its 9am and i went to bed late)

LOL I really do. I don't have a Vamp though O_O I've got a couple of shifters, however.

I almost typed it a couple times :P

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Natalia_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: No vamps that I remember. Cass had some vamp-related stuff at the very beginning of her conception, but it was that she used vampire blood to amp her abilities

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natalia_dante: Thats probably what i remember as i read alot of huntress peroid stuff.

Natalia_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Natalia_Dante
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice set up.

Natalia_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I see where this is going now .

She-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natalia_dante: This is simply AMAZING. I love all the thought that went into this. I look forward to interactions. :D

Excellent work. <3

Natalia_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@she-wolf: Thank you so much! <3 And I actually may have something that I wanna run by you soon ;)

She-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By She-Wolf
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Natalia_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: Appreciate it. I may actually be retooling this to a renegade sect of wolves though, not sure yet.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natalia_dante: Interesting but I would say stick with what you have here but that is another good idea too.