The Official RPG Ideas Thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@zebatguy:You'd think that, but it always ends up being better than cutting losses because nobody jumped up to say they were in. Plus, your new so you gotta show people what you can put out before they decide to commit.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@_animus_ said:

@zebatguy:You'd think that, but it always ends up being better than cutting losses because nobody jumped up to say they were in. Plus, your new so you gotta show people what you can put out before they decide to commit.

Pretty much this but that does sound interesting to say at least.

ZeBatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: I was suggesting something for fun, not sure how committing comes into play.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zebatguy: Depending on the level of activity you want to have in your game it does or doesn't. Its relative to the RPG you make. But since your new and nobody knows you they don't want to jump up and say 'I'm in' not knowing what it is their saying they will join in on, or commit to, because once they say their in, it turns into an obligation.. Kinda like gettin a new car without test driving it and finding out it doesn't have an engine.

My point is just post it. It either gets people involved or it doesn't but you won't know until you do.

Rokuakai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: @zebatguy Exactly. Annie is right, get the rpg going and who knows everyone might come calling.

SteamPunk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8006  Edited By SteamPunk001

I kinda got RPG fever recently, so I thought I might put my idea out here and see who might be interested in such a thing. I was thinking of starting an Exiles RPG, with there being a Timebroker, the standard six member team, and a mission to take care of in a different reality. You know, your basic Exiles story. The first campaign idea I had in mind was the team being sent to take down the Shadow King in a world where he took possession of Black Panther's body and began an iron-fisted rule of Wakanda, taking control of Storm as well, so as to use her weather manipulation abilities to isolate the nation from the rest of the world in a cloud-like dome of hostile weather.

The idea was that everyone involved would make their version of a preexisting Marvel hero/heroine/villain/villainess (no mary/marty/gary stus though) to make up the six-man team or play one of the "boss" characters like Shadow King, Brainwashed!Storm, Shuri, or M'Baku the Man-Ape. The creator/DM (or whatever you call the one creating scenarios; I've been out of the loop for a while now), would be the Timebroker and/or Shadow King, on top of the usual task of creating instances for the team to face.

I've never really been the creator of an RPG though, so this was something I thought I would propose for fun. Again, just to see who was interested. I could give it a shot and try making this work, or someone with more experience could take the reins, and I'd be happy to tag along as a member of the team sent in to bring Shadow King down. Either option is fine by me, just so long as people like the idea and think that it would be something fun to do :).

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd be down.

SteamPunk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@clutch: ... Really? Even though I'm still new at this? :D

Or was this for something different?

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.......Anyone? Anything? lol

Lord_Naru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_: you going to get on the empire clam or let your home fall?

Zoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody ever heard of 'the boys in brazil'?

The concept of the story is that 95 clones were made of Hitler and raised similar to the way he was to create new versions of him. I was thinking we could do something loosely similar to this but of someone who's evil but is now dead in the CVnU canon.

Charm_Caster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about an RP soley about Magic that effects then entire vine verse?

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoo: To be honest I don't know whose dead and also evil that would be active.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: I was thinking the same thing. Maybe something more interesting, like we have a real Marvel or DC character drop dead in this U, and I have say, Animus make clones of that character and they all start off like the original but become their own characters. Kinda like multiverse versions.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: That would be interesting to see happen but isn't there a rule about not having actual comic book characters to be here?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@shadowswordmaster said:

@_animus_: That would be interesting to see happen but isn't there a rule about not having actual comic book characters to be here?

Theoretically yes, but I think we just forgot to put that into the finalized rules. So it's more of a strong guideline.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: That is what I was thinking of then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah said:

@shadowswordmaster said:

Theoretically yes, but I think we just forgot to put that into the finalized rules. So it's more of a strong guideline.

Kinda deluding ourselves if we think we're gonna get hit with a lawsuit from a major company. It'd cost them more to get a lawyer for an hour than it would to just let us be :P

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: People do make stand ins for the characters too.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_ said:

@izaiah said:

@shadowswordmaster said:

Kinda deluding ourselves if we think we're gonna get hit with a lawsuit from a major company. It'd cost them more to get a lawyer for an hour than it would to just let us be :P

This wasn't really about any copyright stuff. More of the common Prime practice of people nerfing characters so they could say "I killed (insert well-established and powerful Marvel/DC/other character here)! Look how awesome and deadly I am!" [Before long, at least two people had killed Iron Man, someone killed Superman but then another had him as a mentor, things like that.] And also to avoid issues with concepts and continuity and stuff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: I actually remember agreeing for that reason last time lol

I was gonna use restraint but I see the point. Like Shadow said stand ins can do the same job with less aftermath.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: Si, si. Best not to open up the floodgates.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Oh no...Impero is assimilating you.

Kayle_Rez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: know who's evil and dead?

Brama Bull. Boom there ya go we have are person to try and clone(if Impero is cool with it). Maybe each clone was designed to have their own set of abilities and skills. While raised to have the same moral standing/ideology. Allowing the concept while still allowing individuality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kayle_rez: lol you stay tryna hijack.

My idea is every one is an exact clone that starts the same way at the same point. The writer makes the character unique in small ways at first that will eventually lead to large differences. Think of six roads with a center, each character heading down the separate road until they are no where near each other. It's like that but in the way of their personalities and personal ideologies

Kayle_Rez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8028  Edited By Kayle_Rez

I wouldn't say hijack :P that'd be me taking the idea and running off lol

Does seem fun, still would preffer a bit more flexibility but that's just a personal prefferance. I'd rather be adjacent or similar then a copy. I love X-23(clone of Wolverine) but I don't give a damn about Scarlett Spider or whatever the clone of Spidey was. Course in the same sense I like Cable and Stryfe so it's doable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kayle_rez: You would be different, you just wouldn't be created to be different. Who would clone someone to make them different? Why not just give them that persons abilities and not even bother making a duplicate. But the thing that shapes people is their experiences and you can't recreate someones experiences down to the letter, so someone elses version would be unique from the original, wanted or not IC or OOC.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_ said:

@kayle_rez: You would be different, you just wouldn't be created to be different. Who would clone someone to make them different? Why not just give them that persons abilities and not even bother making a duplicate. But the thing that shapes people is their experiences and you can't recreate someones experiences down to the letter, so someone elses version would be unique from the original, wanted or not IC or OOC.

I should explore this. Have someone make someone, and then put them in situations to recreate the experiences of another, down to the letter, to see different things. That sounds like something Antonia would do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: lol like a mad scientists' sociology report.

If you wanted to collab I wouldn't mind it just being me and you, with you making my cloned character.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: As a social scientist I can't help but wonder about such things even in the real world.

I'll try and remember that.

Kayle_Rez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_:

My thing is for all the pros of the cloned subject they obviously also failed. There wouldn't be a desire to recreate them otherwise. That being said I imagine the one doing the cloning would try diffrent approaches. I imagine one would try and dissect what worked and what didn't in search of the best result.

For all the greatness of whoever was cloned two things seem certain. One they died. Two they didn't complete their goal. So in recreating the subject you'd pressumably want to stop those failures

ThiefKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is love to see a Tokyo thread considering all that happened there

Cypher_Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think we need a viral outbreak in a city that is not in the U.S.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cypher_enigma:

I think we need more stuff outside the US and Venezuela.

And not make it space.

Cypher_Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thisisgonnahurt: Believe me it's not going to be in space. I was thinking of a place that people might not think at first.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cypher_enigma:

Madagascar.

New Zealand.

Vietnam.

I win, give me the prize.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hunterzillas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we need to reboot. Who's with me?

Anyone? No? Okay then.

My actual Idea is making either a Registration Act for Super Heroes do to all of the recent Empire Claims, or make THE COMPANY from Heroes, that would be cool.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8042  Edited By Jack_

@hunterzillas: I feel like the Company would only work in a universe with relatively-small scale powers and normal social environment, like in the show.

hunterzillas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: Okay.......how about an event where a lot of the big name heroes get captured @pyrogram , @_vex_ , etc. by (insert faction). And now, a rag tag team of nobody's have to do something about it. This could give some newbies, or the anti-heroes a way to shine (even if they are already established, it would be fun to see some random, inexperienced/not famous heroes [IC] do something really cool)

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunterzillas: Not sure if they'd be cool with being captured. It'd be up to them. Who did you have in mind to save the day?

hunterzillas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_:

I'll be honest....I haven't really thought this through. I'm not saying I myself would make this, mostly giving the idea. If I did make it, I would just find whoever is interested through an OCC or another type of thread.

And yeah, I can see how they wouldn't be too happy with that.......maybe someone important, and EVERYONE else is busy doing something, and these random heroes/anti-heroes or so just happen to be closest to the problem?

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking of establishing a location thread for my character's hometown, San Valentín, it would be coastal and/or southern California city. It would be quite original not based off of cities appearing in comics or irl for the most part. Of course some themes of cities in the area would be carried over. However this is a task that I dont think I can take on by myself, so I'm asking for the assistance of others on this.

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do I need to do a separate thread for OOC? Or should I do like Gothic? Either way how do I title it? so many questions....

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mth_: If it is a threat that represents a location (known colloquially as a 'location thread') then I would suggest doing it like Gothic, because Gothic is made in the traditional CV location thread mold. As for the title I would suggest something like 'San Valentin [CVnU Location]' because that is the typical way location threads are named.

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could really use some help packing in some content I don't really have much to go off of right now and my brain doesn't work quite as well at 12:50 AM