The Official RPG Ideas Thread

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6901  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@_animus_: See? You got this man. You need drop everything you're doing and give us this rpg. You owe us.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

@_animus_: Why not, the idea is that everything went wrong. So even when the bad guys won things still went badly for them as well.
But it's a very basic idea and I'm not on here often enough to really run it so do what you will with the premise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@decoyelite: You weren't the OP maker... You were just the muthafckin decoy *_*

@gambler:

lol I don't owe you sh!t bruh! I'll try it though. Technically it'll be noncanon so it's not like there's anything to lose

Eternelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooooh

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6905  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: *Reads the Knightfall copyright agreement's fine print*

....sh!t -_-

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6908  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I believe I have the perfect Flashpoint adaptation.....

_Stretch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: So another Universe can be reborn? XD

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Si?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_rumor: It would temporarily replace this one.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler said:

@the_rumor: It would temporarily replace this one.

URGH......... I'm still one Vine 1.0 **bold**

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_hawk_: LOL you still on analog son :P

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler said:

@_hawk_: LOL you still on analog son :P

Remember I'm an old man.

_Stretch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6915  Edited By _Stretch_

@gambler: Sounds dodgy, like something we would never be able to reverse, like the what if Flash failed scenario..I dunno, I say go for it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_hawk_: Pass the keyboard to your kid

@the_rumor: Reversing it would be easy. Bringing a bunch of small interactions and users together to form a complete story would be the hard part

_Stretch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: And the last time I checked, there are a few boundaries between writers..Hmm...Would be a good exercise for people to mingle to make this event breath.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so my idea for the FpU (Flash Point Universe) would go something like this. Isadora (Quintus Knightfall's daughter), having lost both parents (Ziccarra and Quintus) is devastated. So in a desperate attempt to regain her family she kidnaps Quickster in an effort to force him to break the fabric of time and reverse her parents death. Only Quickster over shoots his mark and goes all the way back to the first CVnU event, The New York invasion. During that event Lord Jonathan absorbed some atomic particulars and in an effort to save the World, flew off into space where he erupted.

Well what if Quickter's effort to reverse time accidentally prevented Lord J from ever escaping Earth's atmosphere? Instead exploded and the CVnU as we know it today never happened? After the explosion Quickster wakes up assuming he's returned to his natural timeline, only everything is jacked up. The Keijijo Clan and Strigidae are locked in a blood feud (these are all just examples), the Knightfalls are board members in the Animus Corporation, Animus himself is the most powerful man in North America, ownpants succeeded in taking over Mexico alongside his cronies, Stark never invaded Venz cause during his infamous speech he was assassinated, you see where I'm going with this.

If we all agreed, we could temporarily change the title of all the CVnU locations and team threads to read FpU while the event was going on. Maybe to big and complicated to pull off but thats my idea.

(credit to Animus for the whole Flashpoint idea)

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hrm. I'd be willing to try it out.

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I mean it's Gambler pushing the idea.....I'm sure everyone would hop on the bandwagon haha

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more I think about it the more I like it. We could do all kinds of wild stuff with a 'temporary alternate universe'. The core CVnU wouldn't be destroyed by craziness like countries flying into space, but people would still be able to go wild with their big ideas and have them be canon in some form.

I think it would be a refreshing change.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trauma: lol times have changed. The name aint got the pull it use to :P which is okay

@strigidae_23: I was hoping you'd get on board :P

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6923  Edited By Strigidae_23

@gambler: My first reaction was hesitant but the more I thought about it the more I saw how many opportunities it presented and how few risks it contained :-)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Can I tell you a secret? I'm way to lazy to ever make something like that :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Hahahaa

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: Hah! All you really need to do is recruit location thread owners and organization owners. They edit their location threads with a few details, or create new location threads. Then write a blog post explaining the event and linking to the threads. A couple starter events and it would either snowball or die.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hah! All you really need to do is

Hi I'm Gambler, have we met :P

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6929  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@strigidae_23: Although....in my Flashpoint U I could be married to SS :O :O :O :O

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: You know how funny this actually is in a way. Around...1 month ago I spoke to Andres about an idea (kinda) virtually the same as this. Never went through with it....due to laziness >.>....

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: How dare you!!! You dare you sir lol try to run up in here and piggy back my genius.....I've seen some underhanded tactics before but you sir, you have out done them all -_____________________________________-

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6932  Edited By Pyrogram

@gambler: You really should do the idea......but knowing the vine. Are we organized enough? XP

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Events just arent in right now and I dont know if we could honestly spread this out enough. I also dont think we really have enough active rpgers. Especially with ownagpants wanting to do his Mexican standoff. But we have a foundation/draft to play with if we wanna do it in the future.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler:

O________________________________________________________O

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler said:

@pyrogram: How dare you!!! You dare you sir lol try to run up in here and piggy back my genius.....I've seen some underhanded tactics before but you sir, you have out done them all -_____________________________________-

Now that was a chuckle ;-)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6936  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: I've waited months to post that gif :-P

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler: Just waiting to unleash them all upon an unsuspecting vine.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6945  Edited By Mercy_

what....the...hell...

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler said:

Okay so my idea for the FpU (Flash Point Universe) would go something like this. Isadora (Quintus Knightfall's daughter), having lost both parents (Ziccarra and Quintus) is devastated. So in a desperate attempt to regain her family she kidnaps Quickster in an effort to force him to break the fabric of time and reverse her parents death. Only Quickster over shoots his mark and goes all the way back to the first CVnU event, The New York invasion. During that event Lord Jonathan absorbed some atomic particulars and in an effort to save the World, flew off into space where he erupted.

Well what if Quickter's effort to reverse time accidentally prevented Lord J from ever escaping Earth's atmosphere? Instead exploded and the CVnU as we know it today never happened? After the explosion Quickster wakes up assuming he's returned to his natural timeline, only everything is jacked up. The Keijijo Clan and Strigidae are locked in a blood feud (these are all just examples), the Knightfalls are board members in the Animus Corporation, Animus himself is the most powerful man in North America, ownpants succeeded in taking over Mexico alongside his cronies, Stark never invaded Venz cause during his infamous speech he was assassinated, you see where I'm going with this.

If we all agreed, we could temporarily change the title of all the CVnU locations and team threads to read FpU while the event was going on. Maybe to big and complicated to pull off but thats my idea.

I'm willing to give this a go. Sounds like a fresh change from what we usually do LOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler said:

I'm impressed. Could never come up with something like that with my weak mind and lack of imagination... Only someone as great as you should veen be allowed the right to type that OP >_>

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're plotting to kidnap Quickster? Well all we had to do was ask him! SHEESH! Guess that means a date's off the table?