The New Guy

wilson2127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hello guys, Im new around here and did not know you guys quite well neither do you roleplay or write fictional oc's maybe you guys can help me with mines?

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to the RPG section.

You will never get out now.

Exemplar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@wilson2127:

Sup man! Well, the RPG section is basically just an enormous novel that you co-write with everyone else, featuring your own original concepts and characters. There are a few locations and factions, and many people have more than one character. Basically, you're allowed to write whatever you want, as long as it doesn't directly conflict with somebody else's story. It's a good idea to get a bio down for a character, so that people can easily identify them and their capabilities. Usually, people make alternate accounts, or "alts," that represent the character they're currently writing with. It's common to switch alts, some people even have more than one in the same story!

There are pretty much only two main things to be avoided, and those are no-selling and god-modding. No-selling is when another character's actions never affect you. It's like being out on the playground, with the finger-guns, and there's that one guy who always says he's never been hit. You don't like shooting at him, cuz he'll never be affected. Same with no-selling. God-modding, on the other hand, is when you write something that another character could reasonably prevent, or take control of their character without their permission.

If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask!

wilson2127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exemplar LOL @_nox_ Thanks I guess, I would like to note that I like the fantastic four and most definitely likes the marvel universe more but I accept dc universe any day. Can you guys help me write a legit bio on my blog, I do not know what I want per say.

Exemplar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@wilson2127:

Well, if you're partial to the idea of the Fantastic Four, for example, you can take inspiration from the same tone and genre that those comics use. On the Vine, we have our own canon; our characters don't interact with any pre-established copyrighted ones, but some ideas are borrowed from pre-existing sources, like a "mutant" race like the X-Men, and the location Atlantis. It's best to use your "About Me" section for your bio, for ease of access. If you go into the Settings tab, what you write in the large blank space is what will show up. Oftentimes, people use already existing characters for a "look." I use Black Adam as the current look for Exemplar, but the two are very different in powers and motivations. Generally, the greater the difference between an original character and pre-established character, the more interesting are and the better they are received.

Let's start with the basics. What kind of character are you looking to make?

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wilson2127:

Welcome...you're gonna love it here...I promise

*smile, maniacally*

d^_^b