Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

It would seem that for weeks, nearly a month since the start of a brand new year, small riot outbreaks, sudden protesting across the streets, and otherwise, fairly odd events seemed to be taking place across Chicago, Illinois.Seemingly against the backlash of government mutant regulations, there had been many signs and posters being placed around the city, a few groups of individuals wearing rather uniforms marching around for hours, hollering about corrupt governments and mutant freedom.. Certain people outright disobeying authorities... and being taken away. And for some reason, there seemed to be some sort of event taking place at some rally point come February the 3rd, that supposedly was to address this.

Civilians prepared to finally know what the heck was going on. And the first phase of the Visionary's plan was in action...

The Rally Point

Inside of the large, well-lit rally point, things were looking tense.The place was beginning to fill with people who had been seeing the posters on the walls, hearing protesters across the streets, wanting to know why all of this was occurring, and why now. The noise was tremendous. People were definitely getting restless, waiting for someone, one of the protesters, heck maybe an authority to come up and just start explaining... whatever the heck this was. What people were NOT expecting, however, was sudden electronic noises to sound from the stage...

No Caption Provided

The lights around the building had begun to dull, the main source of light being upon the stage. The massive projector screen had begun filled with what appeared to be a massive, ebony skull, standing in front of tons of data logs, codes, and other sorts of things. The eyes of the skull were scarlet, malevolent. The loud noise of the crowd silenced nigh immediately, with a fair amount of whispers going across. One could tell that the people were beginning to get a tad uneasy...

The Speech

"There is no need to be afraid, what you see upon the screen is merely a representation of what parades around us...." A voice echoed throughout the building, rather deep, overly composed, faintly pleased. As attenders began looking around to see the source of the voice, they were stunned as someone... no, three people had seemingly materialized onto the stage. The man standing in the center stood with his arms folded behind his back, wearing a charcoal trench coat and a hood, with an intricately spectral mask upon his face. Those beside him wore black tuxedos, and helms similar, if not a tad bit larger than his.

At first, the crowd didn't know what to think. The man and those beside him looked as imposing as the skull upon the projector. To their surprise, the hooded one in the middle stepped forward, his arms extended invitingly. "Welcome, brothers and sisters, to this assembly. I gather each of you are here, craving explanations, information, details upon this sudden uprising within this fair city... I promise you, I give you not only that, but clarity, the true reason for my purpose...

"I am the Visionary, but I prefer to think of myself as the one who will finally open your minds to the truth. The truth behind the sudden disappearances, the riots, the protesters... the truth behind our country's administration, our government, and the many untruths and disgusting deceptions imposed upon us all.

"Today, I stand before you all, to tell you that our purpose here today... is the destabilization of the Anti-Mutant Regimes sweeping our nation," The hooded man spoke, pausing at this seemingly to let it... sink in. Many gasps sounded throughout the building at this statement, disbelievingly looking upon him. Under that mask, Nathan's lip curled. This was the reaction he wanted, apparently..

"Yes, our goal of equality involves the eradication of the anti-superhuman propaganda that our so very corrupt governments now force into our daily lives. Take a look behind you, at the skull up on the screen..." He drawled, pausing yet again. He shifted slightly, now extending his arm towards the ebony skull. "This represents our government today... mere skulls, more distorted then what they have made those with abilities out to be. Liars, thieves of our equality, saying that the containment and slaughter of our kind, our advanced kind is for the greater good. They're wrong...

"Might I intrigue you with a story...." As the projector shut off behind them, the lights shining upon the stage became brighter, and The Visionary turned towards the people once more. "I was but a young boy, 12, when I discovered my abilities. I thought that perhaps I could help others with them, allow others to receive such clarity as I had." It was astonishing how subtle the interwoven within his words were...

"Oh but how wrong was I. Before I knew it, in secret, those working within the governments tracked me down, hoped to contain me like they had done to so many of my brethren, our brethren. I somehow managed to escape from their grasp, in desperation. But not before they left me with something... a horrific wound upon my face. Ashamed, I donned this mask to hide it from the public... forced for years to try and cope with the knowledge of what they were doing to my kind... to our people..." His voice had lowered so dejectedly, that many in the crowd couldn't help but begin looking sympathetic. "And it was then that I swore to my kind to free them. It was there that I began my quest... to equalize us all."

"I realize that some of you do agree with what is being done to our kind... But know this, what occurs now will create more devastation than what the government is supposedly trying to prevent. By persecuting our advanced humanity, by disregarding our rights because of our powers, some will certainly retaliate. And in turn, our authorities will push forward with their tyranny. And we will fight back. It is a never-ending conflict that will result in the desolation of us all.. unless we stop it here!"

His voice steadily rose, as he stepped forward, closer to the intrigued crowd. He had told them what he wanted them to hear, and it was getting close to the climax. "You now know the truth, you know our purpose... but the choice is yours, to aid us in combating the tyranny, the corruption, preserve freedom for my kind... our kind. We are among you, and we will not stop until we have forced out the mutant-regulations, the slaughter! Aid us in the insurrection of this tyranny! For our equality!" The effect was slow, gradual, but overtime the building was being filled with applause for the Visionary's monologue, for his truths. Most of them were cheering him and his subordinates on, now questioning the government's anti-mutant regimes, as he had. Questioning the authority that sought to block superhumans out of their 'pure' society.

The Revolution.. has begun!
The Revolution.. has begun!

In the midst of the crowd's motivation, their inspiration to pursue mutant freedom, and the insurrection of government tyranny, the Visionary flung his hand upward, his charismatic approach heightened. "Know... that the revolution.... HAS BEGUN!" He bellowed, his smoky eyes gleaming with excitement. The noise that his supporters were now making was deafening...

Dropping the microphone, the lights upon the stage dimmed completely, and the lights that had been previously turned off around the crowd shone once more. The Visionary, in a blink of an eye, had disappeared along with those standing beside him. As civilians began to pour from the building, many with new enlightenment, chatting amongst one another about the assembly, one thing was for certain: It was indeed true, the revolution had begun...

OOC Information

• Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!
  • This is merely phase one of a RPG I'm hoping to start soon.
  • I may make a team/location for this group.
  • If you have any questions, do PM me.
  • For those confused about the Visionary's goals, the groups intention's, here is basically a summary: Freedom of mutant kind, the insurrection of government tyranny, and the means to combat government corruption. To bring everyone to equality, so that no human possesses better rights than a mutant, and vice versa. However, that is merely phase one... For more on the Visionary's highly complex goals, head to Nathan Darkmere's RPG Profile.
  • Be enlightened, or be beheaded.
Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Entertaining read, mano.

Paper_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh wow. Nice.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhh, complicated.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheFlashFire

McStorm industries will be funding/supporting this once it reaches Jaireds ear.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice writing.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: It's a good thing! ^_^

I was looking at it in terms of how certain characters of mine would respond. Most namely Abigail. In which case he's good because he wants true equality, not one or the other on top of the other. But it's trouble because he's got this whole "I'm gonna kill folks" thing going on. And a bunch of nuances attached to that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Thanks mano!

@dreadpool10: It's a good thing! ^_^

I was looking at it in terms of how certain characters of mine would respond. Most namely Abigail. In which case he's good because he wants true equality, not one or the other on top of the other. But it's trouble because he's got this whole "I'm gonna kill folks" thing going on. And a bunch of nuances attached to that.

Thanks! :)

To be honest, The Visionary is perhaps my most complex character. I'm constantly making edits to his goals and personality, merely because I'll find myself contradicting him quite a bit (Ex: One minute hes a nihilistic anarchist, the next hes caring for mutants and equality). Trying to find a logical approach to make him legitimately evil yet have the whole equality thing be a workable redeeming quality, or something of that sort.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Darkchild
Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Oh, I understand. Most likely there are differences, but I have the same thing when I'm first starting out a character. Takes a while to get a feel for who they are and cement it into place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: Thanks, DC. We should RP sometime :)

@arquitenens: Indeed, indeed. Sooner or later, I'll finally be able to settle upon a particular personality for him. Sooner or later...