Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By superstay

In the Hollow Woods / 7:00 PM

No Caption Provided

A bloody ditch lied in the grassy forest floor, as the fully blue moon hovered above. Inside the trench slept the nude doctor Denton. Covered in blood and dirt, he laid on his stomach. As he did so, the personal butler, of the Jest Estate, stared at the unconscious man. With pale blue eyes, and a dead-dull face, his deeply growling voice spoke up, “Lord Jest, I’ve found the problem”. Immediately, a well-dressed Brit walked over to the ditch.

No Caption Provided

Holding a brightly lit lantern, he looked into the night-covered trench. “…well, well…sir…..Sir!”, the English man spoke up, causing the sleeping doctor to wake. As the doctor looked up to the blindingly bright light, the Brit spoke again, “I reckon this being none of my business. But, do you know your trousers are missing”. To which, the doctor slowly got to his feet, “I apologize, I seem to have misplaced them”. After a moment of silence, the gentleman laughed, “Aye, sir, you are a funny man…come, my wife is preparing supper, and ye need some trousers…the Dung Beetles are not afraid to dig for their dung, this time of the season”. “Boris ol’ chap, get something to cover our friend, here…”, the Jest state as he walked to his vehicle. As he did, his butler handed the doctor a sheet of fabric.

“Well, mister, I’m afraid, I can’t…I…”, Denton thought of an excuse to not visit the kind fella’s home, as he feared for the harm he could cause. “…I’m badly ill; and, I wouldn’t want to put your family at risk of catching it.”, the doctor quickly spoke, as he stepped out of the ditch. To which, Olli laughed with glee and patted that man of the shoulder, "That's very humorous, mate...now, come, we're on the hunt...", he stated before walking on. Denton soon followed, since Boris guided him forward.

A While Later / Closer to Jest Manor / 9:48 PM

Moonlight shined through the tree-line, as the Englishman trotted through the forest. With his hunting rifle in-hand, he carefully watched for prey. “I hope the clothing fits well, mate. I do believe you look of my size”, Mr. Jest remarked upon the outfit, which he gave Denton, as Boris held a bright lantern for light. “Yes, it’s actually a bit loose. But, it fits…”, the doctor stated before hearing a quick “good, good” in reply.

No Caption Provided

The three marched through tall grass, drawing closer to the manor, as they stalked the remaining aches for wild game. “So, ye were a swell scientist…before you fell farther into your illness.”, the magician brought up the backstory that the doctor presented, earlier on their trip back. Getting a agreeing nod, Olli continued, “…that’s bloody unfortunate, mate…”. The scientist walked beside him, “Yes, it is very unfortunate. But, those things happen; I’m just trying to find a way to reverse my illness, quickly, before it harms other”, he spoke of his worry. “Aye, I reckon ye wouldn’t be much harm to anyone, lad…”, the Englishman began before stopping dead in his tracks. He paused as he heard a soft voice echoed through the hollow forest “Olli, dearest, supper’s ready…”.

The gentleman’s joyful wife headed for them, nearing skipping, as they approached the mansion. With a large smile of enjoyment, she stepped to them. “Olli, dear!”, she called, again, as her husband welcomed her with a comforting hug. Parting from her, Olli turned to Denton with a grin, “I believe, I should introduce you to”. Holding his smiling wife’s delicate hand, Mr. Jest hands his gun to his lumbering butler, “Mate, this is my lovely wife, Tabitha…Love, this is my newest mate, Dr. Denton.”, Olli introduced them as they shook each other’s hands. “Boris found him snoozing in a ditch, a few miles from here. He’s an intelligent scientist…”, the thick-tongued Brit complimented the doctor. Tabitha slowly looked over at Denton, with a confused face of wonder, “…than, why would he sleep in a ditch?”. Looking up to Olli, she continued her questioning of his intelligence, “…doesn’t he know of the Dung Beetles, of this season?”. As Olli mouth “I know”, she spoke, “well, anywho, supper is ready…so, Boris, if you wouldn’t mind, would you please put away that bloody weapon. And, the lot of you shall come inside”, she stated as she turned.

“But, love, I have to hunt down the main course…”, the Englishman spoke, as he pulled his gun from his butler. Staring at his wife, she turned to step close to him, “Olli, pardon my language, but, you’re a bloody horrid hunter. ”, she patted his chest, “besides, I roasted duck…”. As she walked towards the house, Olli grew curious, “Tabi, where did ye get a duck from?”. Not looking back, the brunette woman spoke while still walking, “…while you were out playing ‘Caveman the Hunter’, I killed and cooked one of the ducks, from the pond, outback…”.

Olli became filled with disappointment, as he met the clarity that came from seeing the pond that lied behind his manor. “Boris, why didn’t I know about this, mate?”, the magician asked, before his assistant immediately answered, “…you did, Lord, you need to start taking your pills, again.”. Olli dropped his head, “Well, lad, you’re welcomed to come in for supper, apparently, we’re having duck”, they both followed Boris, who follow Tabitha inside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooc: Why do I get the feeling that my more dialog-heavy short stories are very convoluted...

The Crossroads (Previous)

d^_^b

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Man , this has been a really fantastic read.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Dude.... Love it

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Darkchild

We did?

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@superstay: No problem man , glad that you active.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By superstay
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild:

If I'm a cup of butter, than, you're lactose intolerant...

d^_^b

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers