The Loners- RPG idea Discussion

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Surkit

I gotta start first when I say I'm serious that this idea is Copyright. i want to write a book with the same concept down the road,

The idea

is pretty simple. An RPG about real life people in the real world pulling off a supervillain comic book level heist. I'll be a professional thief (or not if someone else wants the role) Who has a job in mind but needs five other people with very specific skills to help him do it. The catch of the five he needs is their abilities are ones nobody would every think of, so random, small, or seemingly inconsequential that they wouldn't be called skills

Examples

An old woman was fifty when her husband died, she was alone all the time, and grew a little senile. Over time she started making a quilt. At the age of 60 she began studying and teaching herself quilt work and tricks. At 70 she was angry, realizing she was an old woman alone with one cat and a set of needles, and throw the needles at the wall. By the time she's 80 this woman has taught herself how to be the deadliest projectile using killer on the planet, but she wouldn't know that, she just knows she likes to put holes in the wall. Nobody else knows, they just think she's an old woman with a hobby involving knitting, and too much free time. But the Pro Thief has an eye for talent.

A boy with autism in France has never been through a formal education or even played basketball with another person, this is sad, but it's also a lot of free time to practice your jumper. By the time he ws eighteen the boy was only 6'1 but could meet the rim at eye level with his jump. This boy could hop a fence without breaking a sweat or stride. Everyone else just thinks he's a kid with problems and a basketball. Except for the thief

From that you get the general idea, ordinary people with unexpected extraordinary abilities that keep their heads down and their hands and minds moving that get tapped on the shoulder. All the creative points of the character are yours, I'll worry about my thief and the plan.

So who's down?

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ohh, I honestly love this idea. I MAY be down..maybe.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Interdasting

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#4 Icarusflies  Moderator

@surkit said:

I gotta start first when I say I'm serious that this idea is Copyright. i want to write a book with the same concept down the road,

Dude, creative copyright. You don't need a disclaimer, it's inherent in your work that it belongs to you. Same goes for everyone's unique ideas here.

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit said:

Dude, creative copyright. You don't need a disclaimer, it's inherent in your work that it belongs to you. Same goes for everyone's unique ideas here.

Is that a US state only law? Or some ComicVine rules...in the UK I do not think that exists, so it depends on country.

Avatar image for agent_california
Agent_California

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How real are we talking? Action movie realistic or "Mythbusters crush all your hopes and dreams" level realistic?

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Amaranth

@anthony_stark: Its not a law in the states, no. You can't copyright an idea in the states, only the expression of an idea.

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Deadeye_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By _Deadeye_

I might join this here

<---- Cain

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit said:

I know but I'm not leaving it up to chance

If anybody is a definite yes just @ me

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Roman

This is interesting...

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How real are we talking? Action movie realistic or "Mythbusters crush all your hopes and dreams" level realistic?

Most likely action movie, a few things can go unnoticed but you can't wile out in any over the top ways.

I might join this here

<---- Cain

Nice. I was thinking about making an Eastwood type too.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@surkit said:

@agent_california said:

Most likely action movie, a few things can go unnoticed but you can't wile out in any over the top ways.

@_deadeye_ said:

I might join this here

<---- Cain

Nice. I was thinking about making an Eastwood type too.

Haha, that was just an alt. I have no idea what I'm going to make really.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for forgotten_knightfall
Forgotten_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I am so in on this!

I am thinking a goon character with your run of the mill jack of all trades type. Little pick pocketing, some hot wiring, safe cracking, street smarts.

Going maybe with born without any fingerprints, making him valuable for handling evidence and stolen goods.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_trip_ said:

Oh I am so in on this!

I am thinking a goon character with your run of the mill jack of all trades type. Little pick pocketing, some hot wiring, safe cracking, street smarts.

Going maybe with born without any fingerprints, making him valuable for handling evidence and stolen goods.

Niice. that's a perfect example of what I'm looking for

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CainPanell

@surkit: Okay, what if you need muscle for the group, that's an ex-marine war hero from Afghanistan who's fallen on some tough times and now has to use his expert military training to take part in the heist(s)

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Surkit

@surkit: Okay, what if you need muscle for the group, that's an ex-marine war hero from Afghanistan who's fallen on some tough times and now has to use his expert military training to take part in the heist(s)

it's a good start but you need to narrow the scope a little more

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowknight666: They have to all have in common a unique ability that wouldn't be seen off the bat as a skill set. Trip's character is good because he has a skill set thats obviously criminal but he doesn't leave a trace behind.

If he's an ex-marine war hero, as an example maybe he lost an arm though. What you see when you look at him is a homeless war vet. Really he's been keeping that arm in shape fighting in the underground octagon. Fight club style nobody talked about it, so nobody was ever caught. He kept his skills sharp and nobody noticed or bother to, except for the thief who came down looking for dirty muscle

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the concept very much, a very different style than the usual

My workload makes being reliable impossible so I will not throw my hat in the ring in regards to all others involved.