The League of Shadows

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5801  Edited By Mercy_

@Gambler: Oh, so nothing new.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5802  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Mercy_: If it aint broke.....
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5803  Edited By Mercy_

@Gambler: It'll be broke by the time I'm done.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5804  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Mercy_:  Nah, you've shown your true colors. Mercy is afraid, her fear of losing her family makes her submissive. Its game over lol
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5805  Edited By Mercy_

@Gambler said:

@Mercy_: Nah, you've shown your true colors. Mercy is afraid, her fear of losing her family makes her submissive. Its game over lol

That's a mistake. Her fear of losing her family makes her crafty and more deadly than ever.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5806  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Mercy_ said:

@Gambler said:

@Mercy_: Nah, you've shown your true colors. Mercy is afraid, her fear of losing her family makes her submissive. Its game over lol

That's a mistake. Her fear of losing her family makes her crafty and more deadly than ever.

If that were true you would have killed Special K when you had the chance. You had home field advantage, all the tech and gadgets of your legacy base, and you outnumbered her two to one. Now she has the upperhand. If you think you're gonna beat her by fooling her you're crazier then Jean is :P
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5807  Edited By Mercy_

@Gambler said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Gambler said:

If that were true you would have killed Special K when you had the chance. You had home field advantage, all the tech and gadgets of your legacy base, and you outnumbered her two to one. Now she has the upperhand. If you think you're gonna beat her by fooling her you're crazier then Jean is :P

Crazy like a fox :o

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5808  Edited By Mercy_

@Angelique LeBeau said:

@Mercy_: Unlike her brother Florian, who's mixed martial arts bag was filled with a journeymens set of versatile tools, Angelique's ground game was virtually non-existent. A weakness Cassidy quickly exploited as her dagger raced across her sister's mid-section as she systematically took her to the floor. Her back hitting with an unforgiven thud while the potent sedative began to course its way through her system blurring her vision, "YOU! You......" her unfinished rant trailing off into the garden before succumbing to the effects of Mercy's concoction.

Flipping into action as Angelique waned, Cassidy straddled her while barring an arm over her throat and cutting off her air supply. Counting underneath her breath, she waited until Angelique was decidedly unconscious Sliding a hypodermic needle out of her belt she injected the serum into Angelique's arm. It would mimic true death and fool any and every scan for the duration of 32 days. Storing the empty syringe in the pocket that rested on her hip she got to her feet and began arranging transportation for her adopted sister's body.

Two hours later Angelique was stored safely in a hypodermic sealed chamber, able to be unlocked only by her. Resting her forehead against the crypt she knew that there was no turning back from this point.

An hour after that, she set down in Tibet, the old childhood stomping ground of the League. The synthetic fur coat that she was wearing kept her warm as her breath fogged on the evening air.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5809  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Mercy_: Still standing alongside the smouldering remains of his fallen heir Jean sensed the nearby Ronin yet his grief prevented him from investigating.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5810  Edited By Mercy_

@Gambler: Pulls the collar of her jacket up around her neck as she begins scouting out the terrain.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5811  Edited By Mercy_

rawr

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5812  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'll post after I comeback from lunch

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5813  Edited By Mercy_

Grazie.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5814  Edited By Surkit

@Gambler: Tight av

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5815  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Surkit: Cyk stepped up this week, gotta show him some luv

_Titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5816  Edited By _Titan

@Gambler: I need to play catch up, haven't read it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5817  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Flucks: Last issue was some, "Black Glove to the Air" type sh!t.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5818  Edited By Mercy_

Shhhh no spoilers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5819  Edited By The_Ghostshell
No Caption Provided

@Mercy_ said:

Shhhh no spoilers
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5820  Edited By 614azrael

New One Goes Up Tomarow(hopefully)

Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5821  Edited By Kovak

I have a question...Is you guys got a full roster?

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5822  Edited By 614azrael
Never @Kovak
^_^
Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5823  Edited By Kovak

@614azrael: Well...I may join, perhaps?

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5824  Edited By 614azrael
You tell me :P do I add you to the pm tomarow or dont I?...i say tomarow but its really today, I just havent slept yet lol
  @Kovak
Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5825  Edited By Kovak

Please do, Azzy.

You never seem to sleep anyways.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5826  Edited By Rumble Man

@Kovak: cool new membuh

Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5827  Edited By Kovak

@Rumble Man:Nods.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5828  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Mercy_: Having changed into his birch colored Court of Owls attire the lethal assassin known as Jean Luc emerged out of the cascading mountain top snow belt, coming face to face with the cleverly gifted ronin. "My son...Kazarian called me, strange lad. He revealed quite a tale if I do say so myself. So tell me lil raven, have you come to solicit my help?"

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5829  Edited By Kratesis

Seeking the young archer, Kratesis prowls through the halls of the monastery. Ears alert for the distinctive sound of her young heart, or the scent of her DNA.

Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau_sr_
Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kratesis: Prestigious in nature and elegantly displayed through the LeBeau's trademarked clutched collar presentation, the elder statesmen appeared at the top of the stairwell that had once been home to the original League of Shadows. Now a new order had arisen and although they bore the same name their new leadership was undeniably suited for the modern era of their reconstituted agenda. However, the original LeBeau Legacy was not here for found memories, instead he had been tracking what was perhaps the deadliest killer ever born, Kratesis.

"Airain est celui qui tue avec tel calcul quantifiable, pour revenir à la scène de l'acte." (Brazen is the one who murders with such quantifiable calculation, only to return to the scene of the act) his french accent even more profound then that of his legendary son. Showcasing his distaste for the English language, his brow arched and lip curled as he continued, "I would have rather killed you in front of your father, a bit dramatic I know, but such is my nature." descending down the steps remaining confidently poised while he approached the deceptively lovely futuristic assassin. "Tell me, surely you do not posses such a degree of arrogance as to believe you could destroy dee LeBeau clan? Did you, chere?"

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5831  Edited By 614azrael
Whispers "we're expanding not moving may want to edit a lil" ;P
  @Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.
Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5832  Edited By Kratesis

@Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.: The queen of murder finds her search interrupted by the masked man. Pivoting perfectly to face him, even the slightest motion spider like in its efficacy. Placing her hands behind her back, one golden fingered hand within the other.

Although she was seen by some as the greatest killer born, such was untrue. Not that she was not a great killer, but that she was born. Grown from a vast apparatus a whole host of peerless technological accomplishment contained within the tubes and wires which gave her life. She was never born, but made.

The Neverborn smells him, sniffing his scent from the icy cold air. Breathing in the distinctive taste of the Lebeau Legacy a small smile twists her lips. 'Arrogance? Nay, 'tis not so.' For she felt no great pride, only a calm confidence in her cunning killing ability.

Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@614azrael: Its moot really lol its just a side story that needed a location. And since you're making a new thread......you're moving I win :D

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5834  Edited By 614azrael
Yes n no logic well played amigo xP lol
  @Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5835  Edited By Mercy_

Home in 1 1/2 hours. Will continue our bit then.

Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kratesis: "I see, I stand corrected. Tale solace in dat fact as you take your last breaths" he smirked. Casting an illusion without the slightest hint of motion, portraying several mirror images of himself spanning around in an offensive motioning circle. No doubt the elite death dealing princess of assassins would see through his mirage and accurately locate his precise location, but would she be able to uncover the lethality of his illusions? Each one transitioning through a never ending progression of martial arts hand gestures creating a visually distorting atmosphere of confusion. When suddenly the LeBeau patriarch lashed out with simultaneous cracks of his electrically charged whips. Dancing them around aerially before striking fast and accurately towards Kratesis face. It was time to test this vaunted assassin once and for all.

Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@614azrael: hahah theres never logic in my responses. Thats how I always win ;P

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5838  Edited By Kratesis

@Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.: Her quantum computer flew to life, instantly creating a inner replica of the arena and combatants from the sonar data of her ears. Creating a perfect awareness of what fell outside her slayers eyes, additionally preparing her to continue combat if suddenly blinded, a clever contingency to eliminate any moment of delay or weakness.

Secondly seeking the solution to the problem posed by the whip wielding warrior. As his myriad of mirror men blink into existence Kratesis is presented with a problem. Are the illusions, or duplicates? For this Lebeau she knows nothing of. Mercy provided much meaningful information, yet none of this man. He was a unknown factor, the X in the equation of combat. Quickly contemplating and calculating she elects to discover the total truth by one of the frequently forgotten words of the sword.

Sacrifice

Remaining motionless as the high wattage whip twists toward her, she focuses her attentions instead on the creation of a carefully calibrated blade, blow and buckler. Trion weapons flowing into form, a sword as sharp as blades can be inside her right fist, complex trion compound bow gripped in her left fist, and buckler growing into place upon her left arm.

The twin whips crack into her skin, sending sudden shocks through her torso. Long black burns appear under them, and horrible pain fills the biological portions of her mind. Seeking to deceive she screams in pain, her clever quantum thought complex electing to not blunt the pain so as to present a genuinely agonized cry.

'AAAHHHHHGG!'

Trillions of trion nanites channel the charge toward her blade and bow, as her trion armor seeps through her pores, growing into place across her viciously burned skin.

Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kratesis:

Her mannerisms slightly betraying her analytical approach as her lack of motion was seen as not an inability to react, but instead a carefully designed surrender in order to gauge his weaponry. The almost instantaneous development of technologically educed armor unlike anything he had ever seen only serving to solidify his original hypothesis. "Phenomenal" he remarked. Briefly allowing vivid flashes of such an instrument of death under his control. "My son has bedded quite a few diplomatic partnerships, but he missed a golden opportunity with you my dear. Tis a shame to destroy one so remarkable" he taunted. Ignoring the drainage of his weapons releasing them to fall haplessly to the ground, Jean Luc pulsated his hand out attempted to force the innovative nanites back under his opponents flesh via a telekinetic wave powerful enough to crack the foundations pillars causing he roof to sag amidst small particles of debris. Unlike Florian, or even Gambler, the senior LeBeau would not lower himself to a hand to hand martial arts display of movie theatrics, believing such an act beneath his talents.

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5840  Edited By Kratesis

@Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.: Although supremely swift and powerful the Neverborn Slayer was not heavy. As the mighty wave of telekinetic force struck her she was lifted from the ground and flung backwards like a rag doll. Yet although this motion might seem uncontrolled it was not unpredicted, for the instant she was propelled her course was also correctly calculated.A hair's breath from the wall she simply-

-teleported. Four hundred and ninety two feet straight back. Her momentum still carrying her through the air in an uncontrolled twisting tumble.

Materializing a trion arrow with a pre-programed command, drawing the ten ton bow, and unleashing the deathly dart within an instant. Exploding from the bow with a thunderous sonic boom as the dart shatters the sound barrier. Out racing the warning of its own thunder the arrow speeds on a flawless flight path, the impossible accuracy of the killer Kratesis guiding it toward the princely patriarch Charged by the electrical power of his original attack the arrow corrects its own course by bursts of magnetism against the earth's magnetic field.

Yet for all its super-sonic speed the archer's arrows is not faster than-

-teleportation. Propelled at even greater speeds by the arrows sonic boom Kratesis appears behind the telekinetic terror, twisting in a single swift and flawless cut aimed exactly between the C4 and C5 vertebrae. Her speed simply staggering, every part of her body optimized so that her blade would scythe into his neck at the exact same moment that

the arrow would explode though the far wall in front of the legendary LeBeau, emerging from the exact spot cold Kratesis would have struck had she not teleported, in a spray of debris, and burning mach cone. The devilishly deadly trion dart would find his heart at the exact instant her blade touched his neck.

All this took perhaps three quarters of a single second. Kratesis lands in a controlled crouch in front of the LeBeau, her momentum causing her to slide through the debris field several feet, yet she staggers not as she observes the success or failure of her furious assault.

Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kratesis: (awesome, gonna eat then I'll be back)

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5842  Edited By Kratesis

@Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.: [ Thankies :-) I'ma take about a half hour break and get some food myself. ]

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5843  Edited By Mercy_

@Gambler said:

@Mercy_: Having changed into his birch colored Court of Owls attire the lethal assassin known as Jean Luc emerged out of the cascading mountain top snow belt, coming face to face with the cleverly gifted ronin. "My son...Kazarian called me, strange lad. He revealed quite a tale if I do say so myself. So tell me lil raven, have you come to solicit my help?"

Bringing a gloved hand up to her face she casually pushes her hair off of it, shoving it down the back of her jacket to control it as she pulled the cap down further over her ears. It grated on her that he so casually maligned his own son, but she said nothing of it. "I've done just that. Would you care to extend it?"

Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kratesis: Quicker then the eye could follow the complex operatic maneuvering was over. Jean stood with his confident smirk stretched across his face having anticipated Kratesis teleportaion. Although his ability to read motion and body language was nowhere near Kratesis level of precog, it was serviceable enough to realize a pattern in the killers technique, a pattern she had used against his son upon their first meeting. Sooner or later through the course of a battle the lethal legacy would teleport behind her opponent aiming for the neck, the only real question was when. But as he stood their, proud of his display, the confident cobra staggered before collapsing to the ground. The renegade reaper's arrow protruding through his body. A defiant laugh ushered up a disturbing gargle of blood as the grey haired LeBeau lay near death, "Such a magn....m....magnificent....creature........" his final words gasping out with an exaggerated exhale.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5845  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Mercy_ said:

@Gambler said:

Bringing a gloved hand up to her face she casually pushes her hair off of it, shoving it down the back of her jacket to control it as she pulled the cap down further over her ears. It grated on her that he so casually maligned his own son, but she said nothing of it. "I've done just that. Would you care to extend it?"

"Depends on dee circumstance chere." still unable to move past their definitive parting of ways several years ago.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5846  Edited By Mercy_

@Gambler: "The circumstances are simple. We pool resources and work together for a short sustained amount of time. It's a multi-threat opponent, one who can't be taken down by any single one of us alone. Even you, God-Killer. I needed a way out from beneath her thumb and I needed it to seem genuine. We work together and once the duration's up, you go back to whatever it is that you're doing these days and I go to raise my family in peace. We never have to see each other again save for a Christmas every now and then." Her eyes narrowed calculatingly as she smirked. "I do carry your grandchild after all."

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5847  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Mercy_: Crossing his arms allowing his left hand to rest on his right bicep and concealing the other he smiled, "So you subdue Angelique further diminishing our numbers and hope to do dee same to me? I do not fear a warriors death my lost raven. I do not need to fake my death to defeat dis woman." shaking his head as he revealed a small transmitter. One of two which had allowed the undetected surveillance of Angelique and Mercy's encounter. "If Kazarian was half dee LeBeau he should have been dis matter would have been resolved dee night she decided to declare war upon our family. So to your proposal I say, not a chance. Now dhen, are you going to attempt to put me under dee same way as my daughter?" wavering his index finger back and forth before pausing and redirecting it at Mercy's stomach, "I'd think long and hard about dat choice my lil bird."

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5848  Edited By Kratesis

@Jean Luc LeBeau Sr.: Offering the dying dynasty a dignified death the neverborn nightmare stands smoothly, trion weaponry absorbing back into her body. Her half formed armor slithers through her pores once more, joining the weapons in her nano-filled blood. Long and deep electrical burns fade as she heals, and the torso covering bruises from his telekinetic assault turns from pale to dark purple to fading away.

All stages of healing passing visibly in a few moments, the inversion of the death she witnesses.

'Predictability, 'tis a weapon.' For all things were weapons to Kratesis.

Some part of her respects his final laugh, the LeBeau legacy in the end would not be their skill, or power or even the fear they inspired.

It would be their defiance. In a universe of cosmic horrors, of wicked devils made flesh, where the lives of mortals were cut short by a host of abominations the LeBeau's laughed. The laughed at the odds, they laughed at the principalities and powers, they laughed at every rule of behavior. And when in the face of death, that final journey they laughed.

Kratesis admired them.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5849  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Kratesis said:

It would be their defiance. In a universe of cosmic horrors, of wicked devils made flesh, where the lives of mortals were cut short by a host of abominations the LeBeau's laughed. The laughed at the odds, they laughed at the principalities and powers, they laughed at every rule of behavior. And when in the face of death, that final journey they laughed.

That part was tight. Two down, three to go lol

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5850  Edited By Mercy_

@Gambler: "Kaz may be half the LeBeau that you are, but he's ten times the man you could ever dream of being. He's better than you, simple as that." Pulling a bottle of water out of the pack on her pack she takes a slow and languid sip, watching him the entire time before tucking it back in. "I have plans within plans. Angelique is out for twelve hours. There's a course of nano-bots running through her veins that will amplify senses and powers. They will run their course in..." she brings up her ever-present PDA and swipes a finger across it, checking a window, "... 18 hours and 23 minutes. I had to temporarily remove her from the picture. There was no way that the two of you would listen to me, especially not standing side by side. I'll continue with that plan or the four of us can temporarily put pasts and family issues behind us and we can attempt to take down Kratesis. That choice is up to you."