• 133 results
#1 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

The Kingdom

What is the Kingdom? This is a new kind of team, at least for me. Its focused on character development, thread interaction, high energy, and lots of smaller and faster paced roleplaying. There are plenty of teams out there that are focused toward delievering long RPG's, but not this one. This is about faster paced fun.

Its also an OOC team. You heard right! This is not an IC team, its what I'm refering to as a 'Meta-Team' and I think its something the Vine has needed for a while now.

We've all had the problem of a cool idea, but no one to roleplay it with. We've all logged on looking for action, but found the interaction threads dead. We've all wanted to progress with a character, but not had anyone to roleplay with to get that progression. The Kingdom is here to solve that problem.

The Kingdom is a team for roleplayers who want more roleplay.

Who can join the Kingdom? Anybody. You don't join with a character, you join with yourself OOCly. The only requirements are that you agree to the few simple rules.

What are the rules?

One: Everything that happens in a Kingdom roleplay is canon. Stuff you do here is going to count. Please don't retcon things that involve other people without their concent.

Two: Behave right. Everyone knows whats good and bad behavior so I won't go into detail here.

Three: Follow the site rules. No goddmodding, no-selling, or auto-hits allowed.

How does this work? Very simply. You join the team, and get added to the team PM. The team PM is the idea pool. Any idea you've got, pitch it there. Whatever it is no matter how crazy. The other team members read it and maybe some like it. You can go from there. The team PM is where ideas are born. This team is for you to get in direct contact with people who want to roleplay, and create storylines right then. No delays or waiting around needed. No OOC threads needed, just idea + people = go.

You can do anything. Small personal development storylines, massive earth invasions, and anything inbetween. This is the Kingdom of ideas.

Notes: This is an experimental team. There isn't anything else like it that I'm aware of at all. Everything is new, ever idea new. Its all untested. Bring your ideas with you if you join, post them here, on the team thread, whatever. This team is going to evolve and grow as time goes on. In a month this is going to be completely different. And its going to be different the month after that, and so forth.

This is the chance to do something new, this team is a sandbox. If you've got ideas, now's your chance to make your mark.

#2 Posted by _Cain_ (23607 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS Is a breath of fresh friggin' air, See I Have trouble doing long post RPs due to school work, But I Actually have time to do IC Thread stuff...

Count me in.

#3 Posted by Canine (3803 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666 said:

THIS Is a breath of fresh friggin' air, See I Have trouble doing long post RPs due to school work, But I Actually have time to do IC Thread stuff...

Count me in.

same here

#4 Posted by Tanner_The_Red (1733 posts) - - Show Bio
@Canine said:

@shadowknight666 said:

Count me in.

same here

My boot is in this doorway for sure.
#5 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tanner_Brenkov: Joining us?

#6 Posted by Tanner_The_Red (1733 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady_Liberty: Hell yeah ~_^
#7 Posted by _Zombie_ (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: You know that I'm in. <3

#8 Posted by 614azrael (10304 posts) - - Show Bio
Its really smart, its a kind of go anywhere IC thread to do things without necessarily being a 'long' rp. Not every place has a thread this kind of incorporates all the non empire, team, specific building places. Count me in ^_^
  @Lady_Liberty
#9 Posted by Izaiah (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in.

#10 Posted by Sonnenlicht (171 posts) - - Show Bio

If I'm in, can we get married?

#11 Posted by Ishin (6830 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: I'm getting in this with an alt :)

#12 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sonnenlicht: I don't think that's legal, unless I'm really wrong about your age ;-)

#13 Posted by Sonnenlicht (171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady_Liberty: Oh. I see. It's fine.

#14 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Sure thing, just let me which one to add.

#15 Posted by Ishin (6830 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: Apex Cobra ;)

#16 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Done!

#17 Posted by Starkin (3266 posts) - - Show Bio

If Impero's in, im also in :D

#18 Posted by Ishin (6830 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: Cool.

@ Starkin: ;)

#19 Posted by Starkin (3266 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the look of Apex Cobra. Azula ftw.

#20 Posted by Soul_Rebel (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Can i join this with Urbs and Soothing_sounds.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to join but I'm new.Can you tell me what does IC thread mean and what should I do if I join the team?

#22 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes indeed you can ;-)

@TDK_1997: New peeps are welcome, everyones gotta start sometime.

An IC thread is a thread where people talk in character (IC), as opposed to out of character (OOC) like we are talking now. As for what you should do, that's really up to you. Its en entirely new kind of team here, and we're all finding out feet.

If you still want to join, just let me know and I'll be happy to add you.

#23 Posted by The_Puzzler (6364 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady_Liberty: Im in.
#24 Posted by Soul_Rebel (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: Thank you!

#25 Posted by Angeni (5085 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck and have fun. :)

#26 Posted by Clara Mass (7774 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always wanted something like this!

: Great Job... ^.^

#27 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Angeni: @Clara Mass: Thankies!

#28 Posted by Flawless (185 posts) - - Show Bio

Badass.

I would like to get in on this

#29 Posted by Forgotten_Knight (62 posts) - - Show Bio

So if I join, I'm allowed to expand ALL my character's with IC development? This is fricken amazing.

#30 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Forgotten_Knight: Heh, when you join you join as yourself OOCly, so any and all characters you want to use or be involved are welcome.

#32 Edited by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: Sign me up

well unless Impero is cool with polyandry you will probably end up in a ditch in iberia

#33 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

meh dunno if I should join >_>

#34 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: If you decide to let me know.

#35 Posted by Cajun_Roux (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: I'm in of course =)

Sounds super badass.

#36 Posted by Sonnenlicht (171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rumble Man

Now, if I was childish, I'd say something like "Fat chance!" But I'm not.

I'm Super Childish 

#37 Posted by Clara Mass (7774 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty said:

eh, when you join you join as yourself OOCly, so any and all characters you want to use or be involved are welcome.

Waiit so count me in LL....I think this is perfffect

#38 Posted by _Project_ (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in.

#39 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sonnenlicht: you might get circumcised laddy, but that will be fun

(i wanna see you try though, I wanna read that amazing stuff)

#40 Posted by Sonnenlicht (171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rumble Man

I'll pound the would-be circumciser into oblivion.

(It wouldn't be like that. It'd have to be for some other reason. He doesn't even know LL, or really understand marriage if he did know her)

#41 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sonnenlicht: Before or after?

( I love this telenovella stuff, pm him and make this canon dangit)

#42 Posted by Sonnenlicht (171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rumble Man: "Would-be," meaning it ain't gonna happen for them.

He's like a big kid or something, something. He doesn't even know what love and marriage is. Well, plus me and Queen Montoya Ofair got something happening in some time along the way)

#43 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty:I would really like to join but I would need advice.

#44 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Talking with a few of my contacts I put the word out that I'm looking for newer heroes to mentor.

#45 Posted by Serena_Death (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: This is perfect! Add me in, please ^_^

#46 Posted by MasterofChaos (1153 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady_Liberty: Libby, I want in.
#47 Posted by Flawless (185 posts) - - Show Bio

Then:

An exhausted sigh escaped Lincoln's lips while sliding his backpack off his shoulders. "Did....did...you,...find...." the soft spoken words of his sickly six year old sister where quickly interrupted as he pulled a half eaten can of cornbeef hash from the side pouch. Unable to offer anything more then a smile and a plastic spoon, the young survivor fought back the tears as she grabbed the uncooked delight and scampered back to the unlit corner of their abandoned building. Later that night she would succumb to the same diseased malnourished conditions responsible for their parents death, eliminating Lincoln March's last remaining glimmer of hope.

Now:

@Lady_Liberty:

Word had spread rapidly in regards to an unimaginable opportunity. The chance to be mentored under the wing of a bonafide hero was simply to good to be true, or to pass up. Having spent the last few months honing his own unorthodox set of versatile skills in search of filling the every growing void in his soul, the parkour phenom had obtained a rudimentary respect for the cape and cowls. Thus provoking him to search out the legendary Lady Liberty.

#48 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Flawless: Seek and ye shall find. Sometimes you find nothing, but its still finding. In this case the young seeker finds me as I clean up a few aliens who were looking for trouble on the wrong planet.

Incinerating the remains with a long slow burst of crimsion lasers, until all that remains is ash and dust.

Turning toward the young one I offer him a friendly nod. 'Hey. Can I help you?'

#49 Edited by Flawless (185 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: Her effortless ignition of the hostile threat served as conformation as Lincoln watched with wide eyed enthusiasm. Momentarily star struck the young acrobat finally found his composure before replying, "Its said that you....that you might be looking for a sidekick? If thats true then I'll ride wit ya"

#50 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Flawless: Chuckling quietly at his comment, I glance him over. Seems fit enough and carries himself with a considerable amount of confidence for one so young. 'Well what skills and abilities do you have? Also, what's your name?' I could hardly go around calling him 'sidekick' after all.