Back in the Summer of '93...
New York City gained a faithful protector in 1993, when a scrawny young student by the name of Guy Geller was caught in the blast of an exploding fusion reactor and transformed into the incredibly powerful (though unimaginatively named) hero: Giga-Guy. Yet even with his great power, Guy knew that the world was changing and that he couldn't do it all on his own. He formed a team, the Justice Brigade, out of the other heroes he had encountered, in order to present a unified front of heroes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This team is a part of my character's backstory, but whenever I've referred to them in the past I've kept things intentionally vague. I thought it'd be fun to invite other people into the team, so the invitation is open to you guys! What I'm hoping for is a series of RPGs set across ten years, from 1993 to 2003, telling the story of this team from its creation to eventual dissolution. So, you'd need to either create a hero who would be active during that time, or use one you already have that fits into that timeline. Obviously your character doesn't have to be a member during that entire period, but the first one will take place in July of 1993 (and going by my track record this may not make it past the first one anyway, haha) so that's the only important date for the moment.
Everything this team does is a part of CvNU history, this is not an alternate timeline or anything like that, and if you want to bring your Brigadier into the present CvNU continuity then that's totally cool. However, given that this takes place in the canon, we should probably refrain from doing anything too crazy.
We are literally making history here. Whether the Justice Brigade ends up being looked back on by other characters as the definitive hero team of its era or an absolute failure is up to you guys.
- If you want to join the team just let me know. If I don't respond, I probably didn't see your post, so send me a PM either on this account or my @_eclipse_ account.
- Oh, and if you want to play a role in this timeline that is not a part of the team (like a villain or anything like that) then I'm open to that too.
- This is not so much a location thread as it is a thread for a specific time period. You can interact anywhere you like here, so long as the year is correct.
- As this all takes place in the past of the CvNU, I recommend keeping destruction to a minimum. If you simply must destroy something, don't do anything too drastic, we don't want to break the continuity here.
- The year may change eventually, but for now the time period will be 1993, so all interactions should take place in that year. I'll set up a team base eventually.