The Hellfire Tournament (CVnU Battle Thread)

Hellfire_Club

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hellfire_Club

The Hellfire Tournament

No Caption Provided

Driven by her desire to single out gods among men, the White Queen has forged a new position within her legendary Hellfire Cub: The Hellfire Champion. Inviting mutants, magicians, and men alike to the Hellfire Club’s New York City chapter, Valerie Huntington has staged an arena for the greatest fighters in the world to compete for a chance to emerge as not only one of the world’s greatest, but the world’s best. However he or she who holds the title of Hellfire Champion must also defend it.

The “New Colosseum”

No Caption Provided

Constructed below the Hellfire Club’s ground floor, the arena holding the Club’s prolific competition has become titled the “New Colosseem” (frequently just "the Colosseum"), after the Ancient Roman’s home for gladiatorial battles. Technology enhanced with powerful illusionary properties allows the arena to take on any landscape, complete with physical holographic projections including cityscapes, natural scenery, historical locations, etc. Here, challenges can use whatever powers and/or weaponry they have at their disposal to defeat their opponent. The layering of multiple omega-level telekinetic barriers as well as magic shielding ensures any destruction or attacks executed within the New Colosseum stay within the arena. Once a battle is complete, the arena is programmed to entirely reconstruct itself, regardless of damages, to be prepared for the next battle.

These illusions are visible to not only the contending gladiators, but those viewing the match as well. The ambiance of opulence and overindulgence infamously associated with the Hellfire Club has become similarly imbued into the Hellfire Tournament. Lavish auditorium seats circle the dome-like arena where members of the Hellfire Club, and any guest willing to pay an entrance fee, can view the clashing of the greatest fighters on Earth while being served only the finest amenities. Business titans and political juggernauts from around the world come to enjoy not only the impressive display of physical prowess provided by the Hellfire Tournament, but for the social atmosphere teeming with names ranging from athletes to aristocrats.

The Rules

No Caption Provided
  • After the first two volunteers have completed their battle, the victor will be named the “Hellfire Champion”, a title recognized both in this thread and throughout CVnU canon
  • The Hellfire Champion will retain his/her title until another character challenges him/her by leaving an IC post in the thread
  • The Hellfire Champion has 3 days to respond to a challenger’s post, after which time he/she will forfeit their title
  • Challengers will choose the holographic setting the New Colosseum will assume for the battle
  • The character’s name currently holding the title of Hellfire Champion will be updated in the OP of this thread
  • Only one battle can take place at a time
  • All powers/weapons/etc. are allowed, unless agreed upon otherwise by those battling
  • Standard CVnU battle rules apply (no godmodding, auto-hitting, etc.)
  • Any rules pertaining to individual battles can be determined by the participants
  • PM any questions to Valerie Huntington
  • Have fun
_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(This. Is. Awesome.)

Tenjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(This thread, is win. Will be gunning after a title shot once Tokyo RP is completed.)

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am in who do I punch in the face first

arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By arquitenens

I should do this, then go about unifying titles.

But I'mna play the heel roll and wait to cash in my MitB.

Outta nowhere.

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nice.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

This is epic!

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. Fresh idea.

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really cool

I'd love to join if/when possible!

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback :)

Whoever wants to start the first battle can go for it, just try to keep it at only one going on at a time.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so doing doing this

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill do it definitely, just need a combatant

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Darkchild
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be hunting for that crown as well

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theflashfire: I'll start the ooc right now n write soldering up tonight probably

_Ulysses_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KOV every day.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Darkchild
TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theflashfire:

Watching the frail looking man come into the light and the arena he couldn't help but smile, the skinny one would prove less of a meal than an Ethiopian child would much less a fight when it came to appearances. Gen stood his side to the young man he offered a hand to him, knowing that the young man would not take it. But instead of taking his hand he tossed the sword that laid on his hip into the air, Gen followed the sword with his eyes...a mistake Gen found quite painful as the first of many strikes slammed into his side.

"Great... a speedster...this should be fun." Each strike leaving behind it a sonic boom that pushed the towering monster known as Gen further and further backwards towards a wall. But just as the attacks quickly moved to his back Gen smiled wide and chuckled quite loudly as he disappeared into a cloud of brimstone and darkness. The wall becoming cleaved in two as the attacks finished, and a large burning pyre remained as he had intended to burn Gen to a crisp, but Gen was no where to be seen only his laughter filling the room...which was slowly becoming darker and darker devoid of light. Through the slowly encroaching darkness Gen spoke

"You are quite the fun one little child. It has been quite a long time since someone broke a rib let alone six of them. Going to be a painful healing process, lets hope you don't get anymore lucky shots like that." As he spoke the room finally became completely black. Gen could smell the slight demon inside the boy and wished to see what he truly can do. Through the darkness Gen reached out his claws moving slowly behind the young mans neck, he quickly flicked his wrist hoping to gash at his neck and cleave his head from his body. Then his hand disappeared into the darkness, following the first attack Gen waited for the young man to show more of his powers before he came out of the darkness to finish the job.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheFlashFire

@darkchild:

No Caption Provided

Jaired watched with a foreboding shiver as his giant pyroclasm merely evaporated the wall instead of the beast man it had been intended for, and he watched with dismay as he turned into a cloud of darkness. Around him the room was sucked dry of its light as if it had been simply leeched away, and he could only watch with dismay as he was eventually staring into a void.

The demonic beast spoke in a chilling manner; " You are quite the fun one little child. It has been quite a long time since someone broke a rib let alone six of them. Going to be a painful healing process, lets hope you don't get anymore lucky shots like that."And the speedster clenched his teeth and let out two plumes of fire, each pulsating from both his hands in an attempt to illuminate the darkening room. Before the blasts could fully leaves his palms, Jaired felt the slightest touch on the nape of his neck, and dived forward, a nano-second later and he would have been decapitated. Touching the back of his neck he found it covered in blood.

No Caption Provided

"Tch!" Jaired found himself getting frustrated, and the pain in his neck this time was an actual wound! The familiar whisper in his head came again; Unleash it J-J, you know you wanna. C'mon son..It'll be fun. Shaking his head he glared malevolently into the darkness, unaware that his fingers had each grown claws, eyes turned a light shade of purple and the incisors on his teeth gained points. No way, f*k. I hate when it does that. The wound on his neck began to close while emitting a purple steam and Jaired shook his head; Calm down, calm..find happy place. I'm not about to let ragnarok loose because of this shmuck.

Though he had gained the starting features of his demonic form, Jaired pushed back the thought of tapping into its power and stood up with a shake. "Okay ya dumb ape, lets turn on the light." Around him, a circle of fire materialized and Jaired pushed it out in an area of affect blast, engulfing the entire arena in a wave of demonically-influenced flames, hopping to hit the demon he was facing in the process of expelling the darkness. Not one to fall for the same trick twice, the trade-mark lighting on his eyes appeared and the world stood still, the speedster glanced around him to make certain no more dark tentacles were aimed at him.

Blizzard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to check my facts, this issss high tier?

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blizzard_: Tbh Jaired was created with being high street - mid level (Though I seem to have made him a bit more power than that ) and DC is like a high-tier char.

Blizzard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theflashfire: (sorry this is short writing on mobile is a pain in the arse)

No Caption Provided

Groaning at the thought of actually using his own powers Gen leaped from the shadows and into the middle of the encircling fire burst. It lite the entire arena in a bright flash of light, staring blankly at the kid known as Jarid moves quickly blurring out of sight and moving around the room. Still in the middle of the fire Gen moves slowly closer to the fire, reaching into the pyre he balls his fist. As the fire envelopes his arm it wraps around his body like a snake, he was controlling the hellfire just like the young man had just moments before. As the snake like fire wrapped around his body, he breathed in deep and the flames siphoned in through his nostrils. As he did this he smiled wide and breathed out, a cloud of smoke filling the area around him and giving him a way to see the fast moving opponent.

Just as he watched the cloud and it moved ever so slightly, he knew that the speedster had moved through the area and still was in the vicinity. Breathing in deep he thrust his arms out to the sides and two long blades shot out through his palms and out into his hands. Sword creation, an ability he hadn't used in quite sometime. He knew the young man was a swordsman and wanted to see his abilities. Growling loud he pulled his arms in close to his chest and then moved them outward. As he did even more swords began to protrude from his body, piercing his skin and hovering just over his body spinning like a saw. His eyes darting from side to side trying to track the smoke and the movements of the speedster. Seeing an opening he sent his blades flying in the direction of the young man.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: ( I feels it)

No Caption Provided

The speedster watched as the demon ahead of him manipulated his own flames with dismay. "Aww come on!"The plumes of fire pulsating from his body wrapped around the animal of an opponent in reptilian manner. F*k, thats my pet fire. He took my pet fire! Soon after, the ardent blaze was replaced with a haze of smoke, and Jaired let out an exuberant sigh.

Almost immediately after filling the grand arena with the choking haze, Jaired caught sight of his opponent. Oddly enough, he seemed as if he could see the speedster and his movements despite him moving at speeds most beings couldn't even comprehend. Must be some more demonic powers. Moments later, a pair of glistening blades protruded from the malevolent animal ahead of him, and Jaired had to stop himself from hurling. To his surprise even more swords were emitted from the beastly warrior, and spun around him in a rotating razor.

No Caption Provided

In an instant the blades were flung at the speedster himself just as he was racing towards his opponent. The blades spun gracefully at his side, and Jaired watched breathlessly as one of them grazed the tip of his hair, sending the brown locks flying into the wind and the other caused a line of blood to trails from his face.

The speedster stopped dead in his tracks as he watched his hair sail in the breeze, away and off of his head. His scaling hands began to shake and his breaths were shallow. "You...You did not just cut off some of my luxurious locks...Its a sword fight you want? Well you got one pal!"

A single nano second passed and Jaired has rushed at his opponent in a blaze of anger. The speedster unleashed a flurry of slashes from the massive anti-matter blade in his hand aimed across the demons facial structure, each leaving behind a trail of fire as they sailed past the sound-barrier.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just gonna tap into my necromancy powers here and

b.u.m.p

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why be a champion when you can be a king?

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheFlashFire

Why be a king when you can be a God

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say "What's a god to a non-believer?". But Animus already used that line today.

Travis_Finch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nox_ said:

@theflashfire said:

I would say "What's a god to a non-believer?". But Animus already used that line today.

Gods are overrated... They always end up dying. xD

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MTH_

Always? I think not

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The omnipotent ones die too... For example:JC

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems to have fallen off but I want to be the one and only king of all HFC, so would anyone care for a fight?¿