The_Pest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By The_Pest

Four months ago, M.H.A H.Q.

Terry sat on the medical bed, his eyes shakily examining what the doctor was explaining to him. Though he spoke, everything sounded muffled and his life became a blue just like that. Who wouldn't be when they just discovered they have cancer?

"From what we have put together Terry, this cancer was caused by that teleportation radiation which gave you those powers. And now that they have faded, this seems to be the end result..."

He merely shook his head, now staring down at the white floor. "I..." Short of words at this point, choosing to get up off the bed and leave the office in a slow shuffle.

"Two months pass and...Well they cut all of it out of me, ok they think they did at least. My name is Terry Higgins and I have been alot of things in my life. A desk jockey for a spy agency, a field agent for the same spy agency, an undercover spy disguised as a super villain...A super villain bank robber that led a team of crooks, a reformed adventurer, a TELEPORTING adventurer, a cancer patient and finally...Well nothing after just losing my radioactive powers and a struggle with cancer.

I didn't know what to do next with my life. I quit the M.H.A months before they chose to help me out of their own kindness and I have been through far to much to just settle down. So you know what I did? Well I just sorta got up and decided to be a real hero for once in my life. Ya know the type, no ulterior motives or over complex reasons...Just...Help people!

I just so happened to have an entire retirement fund built up from a flippin' spy job to back this ambition up. I had a long ways to go though. I had no powers, my body was weak from the aftermath of cancer and my fighting was rusty.

So I trained, and oh my god did I train hard. Every day, every hour of every day was dedicated to honing my body back to what it formally was. Not just that, but I sharpened my fighting skills better than they were even before that, my agility was perfection.

Then came the fun part, gadgets. The one thing that never left me was my knowledge and passion for technology, so I had to use them if I wanted to survive more than a day out there. You name it and I built it. Sticky gloves, hologram projectors, vision tech goggles, grapple guns...Alot of grapple guns.

What felt like an eternity passed and I was almost ready to get back to it...

Two months ago...

The video diary starts up with Terry standing in his lab, half dressed up in a blue costume. "Ok! SO! A few developments to the new Pest costume. As mentioned in previous segments this suit is a combination of both my old espionage suit and my Pest suit. A tweaked the goggles to FINALLY get all the vision types working without any interference, upgraded utility belt and all that. BUT! That isn't the coolest part."

Terry held out a large handgun of sorts, more like a hand cannon. "BEHOLD! The POW gun. With taking components from my old kinetic gauntlets on the POW suit, I managed to create this little beauty. Observe." Terry turned to face a few crash test dummies down the lab, performing an expert cartwheel flip to get perfect sights and unleashed a burst of kinetic energy to knock all of them down.

"Adjustable output, self powered and sleek as all hell..This makes for a perfect non-lethal/lethal crime fighting weapon!" He smiled and patted the gun, slipping it into the appropriate holster, grabbing his mask next.

"Now if you excuse me...I think it's time for a field test."

Present day

No Caption Provided

Pest smiled while reading the clipping before setting the newspaper down for a few pigeons to lay upon. This sight had become all too familiar now, the rooftop view of Gothic city at night. Despite it's true gritty nature, the lights were always something to be happy about.

Without another moment spend, Pest leaped off the roof with his arms spread out. "OOOOOOOOH YEEEEEAH! Hope you crooks have been training up cause I'm feeling like a challenge tonight!" He shouted with a chuckle echoing through the night sky, descending down the building side before finally firing off his grapple gun and swinging down into a typical mugger's alleyway. Hoping to look for some trouble around any corner.

"This is who I am now, this is how I hope to be forever. Sure I call myself a Pest...A Pest for the bad guys."

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

This is pretty good.

Avatar image for the_sunshine_state
Machiavelli