The Goddess/The Champion #2

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Returning from a spontaneously embarked peregrination through the unknown reaches of outer space, The Champion, herculean frame enveloped in a scintillating aura of rufescent plasma, speeds into the largely uncharted territories of the solar system's trans-Neptunian region, behind him, a luminous streak of red streaming from the cone of ionized particles all about him. Blitzing past Pluto and the like, the Herald of Hope enters the 'outer solar system', the domain of the gas giants, of the Jupiters, Saturns, Uranus', and Neptunes. Following Gothic City's destruction, a failure on the heroic community's ability to act, The Champion required isolation.

Or so it had been portrayed. Though inherently disappointed in himself for not doing enough to prevent the somber city's apocalyptic demise, his relatively brief excursion in distant space were motivated by a purpose different from some form of serene isolation or escaping to a place without responsibility for the lives of others. And as he accelerated, he entered the 'inner solar system', the most familiar of territories in his native planetary system. "Almost home", he thought, a subtle smile bedecking his archangelic features. And as he navigated, his eyes caught sight of it, the small blue oasis in the vastness of space, Earth. Descending towards the habitable celestial body, Alexis accelerated.

He accelerated, moving past the frigid, arctic temperatures of the higher atmosphere as he descended past a thick layer of clouds, the loud, reverberating crack of thunder parting them as the rapid heat expansion from the superheated plasma all about intensifies. Soaring across the skies of Europe, the Red & Blue Icon soon enters Spain, decelerating as he makes his genteel landing in the city of Malaga, the bottom of his red boots touching the ground outside Ziccarra's villa. Quietly approaching the door, he issues a simple, mannerly knock, and waits.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Ziccarra sat quietly; in front of the piano playing a snippet from Issac Albeniz’s, “Chants d'Espagne”. Her fingers construct the Grand Steinway with strict discipline; even though her attention remained elsewhere. Her adroit auricles tracked the sound of an apparent jet engine roaring through the stratosphere, she couldn’t help but smirk; as much as he’d deny it, Alexis always loved to make an entrance.Pushing away from the piano; the Malagan Marchioness swayed back and forth toward the front door. Opening the door as soon as he knocked, she rest her head against the threshold subtly teasing him.

“Darling, what tis the reason I give you a key, if you do not use it?” Her feeble complaint; waned upon planting a kiss upon his cheek. “Everything ok up there?” She asked, turning back toward the parlor. Her time here had been spent trying to find an instant-link between; Solace City, Gothic City, and the Space Station.

“I have been trying to develop a way to teleport between the three locations, it would aid us greatly; if we could trek the distance between us without too much hassle. How has your day gone?”

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Hehe, right.. the key", Alexis recalled, a boyishly embarrassed smile garnishing his divine features, right hand tersely rubbing the back of his head, his radiant smile shifting into a flirtatious curl, "Well, a gentleman always knocks". Following the Cardinal Goddess into her lavish abode, the door behind them closing, he coolly nods, "So far yes, everything seems fine. I managed to divert all asteroids that were heading towards the planet and would have eventually collided with it several years from now. They weren't immediate threats but better to act sooner rather than later", he paused, Ziccarra's voiced dilemma regarding the laboriousness in developing teleportation technology drawing her lover's scientific intrigue.

Pensively rubbing his chin, the Herald of Hope offers his input, "I think I have a solution for your problem", smiling with certainty, Alexis begins. "Magnetic fields. Solace City, Gothic City, and the Space Station aren't too far from one another. The Space Station being the farthest of the locations. Because teleportation isn't particularly easy to accomplish, and wormhole technology is unstable, we use magnetic fields", he continued. "It's how I fly faster than the speed of light. I can't generate infinite energy so the fastest I can go is 99% the speed of light. But if I need to go faster, like when I travel to different galaxies, I use my powers to generate magnetic fields to enter higher-dimensional space where I can move much faster than the speed of light. I've accounted for my powers weakening one day so I have technology in my space station that can accomplish this. Using magnetic fields to enter higher dimensional space".

"Basically, whenever we want to go to one location, we enter a chamber that will use this magnetic fields to transport us to our destination instantly. It's like a topological shortcut in space-time. There'll be no delay in the transportation at all". Calmly approaching the Malagan Beauty, Alexis affectionately reaches for her hand with his own, "Speaking of not delaying things, Ziccarra, I've had this thought for a while now", intimately meeting her eyes, he begins. "You're not perfect. But neither am I. And the two us, we may never be perfect together. But we love each other, so what else matters, right?", he paused. "You do a lot of things. You make me laugh. Make me think twice. Make me admit to making mistakes. And I'm at a point where I know that I have to hold onto you, and give you the most I can".

"You've given me a part of yourself that you know I can break, your heart. But it's because you trust, and know that I'd never do that. So now, I'm going to set things right". Reaching into his pocket, the Herald of Hope's free hand emerged, held between his fingers, an engagement ring crafted from 14K white gold and designed with a Cushella multi-diamond center and 64 round brilliant cut diamonds. Chivalrously sliding the ring into Ziccarra's left hand's ring finger. "By giving you the most I can. I won't make a congestion of promises to you Z. A lifetime of changing and growing with someone doesn't need them. But I promise to always love you, and be honest with you. So", gallantly lowering himself to a single knee, his beloved's hand held in his, denim blue eyes gazing expectantly into hers. "Ziccarra Liafador, will you marry me?".

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ziccarra swiftly walk back toward the center of the parlor; gently running her hands across the grand piano. There was no pretending she understood what Alexis was talking about, his lofty personality; coupled with his superior intelligence left her confounded at times.

“Yes, ahem- you construct this device; and I shall finance it” she couldn’t help but force a chuckle. She’d done her best to try and forget the traumatic events of Gothic City, and though she left with very little damage; the lives of those she sworn to protect were drastically changed. Ziccarra worked arduously, to exploit her failures in Gothic City, watching the destruction of both metropolises destroyed her psyche.

As time elapsed, the need to be with Alexis begin to stir within her bosom; the stench of failure burned deep, she found herself shuddering in anticipation of his arrival.

She could feel Alexis transitioning into a serious tone, taking a seat on the sofa; the kaleidoscopic glare of the diamond sent a paralyzing shock through her pupils. The huge diamond mirror the emotion resounding through Ziccarra’s face. She could feel the vibration of her heart beat in the walls of the room.

“Darling of course I will marry you” She instinctively threw herself into his arms; planting a passionate kiss on his lips.Holding momentarily to savor the moment, Z eventually pulled back to confess something that had been on her mind for a while.

“You are right, I am not perfect; this hero mentality is doing more damage to me; then it is to the people around me” Rising from her sofa, she strut to the piano removing a parcel from the bench.

“That is why I must retire as the goddess” She bound both her shield, and sword together with her bullwhip; making sure they would not come undone.

“Alexis, have you ever looked into the eyes of a grieving mother, knowing you were just a few moments too late to save their child?” She didn’t want to destroy the moment he created, Marriage was something she wanted with Alexis for a while now; but he’d have to accept being married to just Ziccarra. The Goddess was no more.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Romantically lingering in Ziccarra's impassioned embrace, her immediate acceptance of his marriage proposal infusing a jolt of euphoric bliss into his very being, Alexis found himself partially blindsided by the Cardinal Goddess' confessed loss of heroic motivation. Though her noble ideals still existed, implementing them day in and day out for the better of mankind had exhausted her physically and spiritually. "I have Ziccarra", The Champion began, vibrant blue eyes meeting the Malagan's as he quietly approaches, "Many times. I've looked into the eyes of a grieving mother. I've looked into the eyes of sobbing children knowing that I was too late to save their families. I've had my name cursed by angry civilians, by everyday people for failing to do what I've dedicated my entire life to doing".

Sighing, shifting the gaze of his celestial eyes to one of the hung paintings, taking in it's picturesque features, the Herald of Hope continued. "And I don't blame you for wanting to retire as the Goddess. Sometimes, being a hero, it's a thankless job. It's difficult. My opinion of you won't lower Ziccarra. You weren't someone who was taught to be a hero or was encouraged to do good from the moment you were born. You've lived a very difficult life. But still, you came to a stage where you felt the need to help others with your powers when you could have very easily decided to use them for worse. And for that, I respect you". Returning his gaze to her, a tenderhearted smile graced his radiant features. "Besides, I didn't fall in love with the Goddess, or because you were the Goddess. It was always Ziccarra".

Affectionately resting his palms atop her shoulders with intimate warmheartedness as he halts behind her, Alexis resumed, "And Ziccarra's the one I want to marry". If anything, Alexis sympathized and respected the Malagan's choice, her heroic career's expiration day had come. "I support your decision". And though there would be moments where nostalgic memories of their past team-ups as the forefront of the heroic community, contentment would remind him of his fortune to have worked alongside a heroine of Ziccarra's dedication.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shanana

“Your highness it would seem that Kane has been defeated, Ziccarra is in love with another deity, and there is a plot on Catalina.” The worm reported, bowing before the high father; Ramon Liafador. Since his crossing into the afterlife; his transition had not been as graceful, as Ziccarra’s or Sabella’s.

“What of my Bella?” the dwelling around him slowly; begin to crumble. “Sh-she has aligned herself with a mortal…their quixotic relationship appears to be platonic…but that may change” His voice begin to grow raspy in the presence of the Irate Cardinal God. He rose from his cathedra towering over worm, and casting his shadow down multiple parallel corridors.

The unfiltered stench of his family’s failure didn’t bother him; what needed to come next was the complete extermination of his family; along with Alexis.

Elsewhere

“That is good to know” she whispered, interlocking her hands with his; in a coupled embrace. “I shall pick up my sword and shield again eventually; but for the time being I will serve as the eyes and ears for you; and Fantasy” Ziccarra spent weeks arduously training the new Cardinal Warrior; she truly believed the young youth was ready to tangle with the rest of the world.

Taking Alexis by the hands, the Malagan beauty pulled Alexis down on the couch, placing both her hands atop his.

“Being apart from you, even for just a day, is an unsettling thought. With each passing minute, my heart grows for you. I cannot put into words just how much you mean to me, how much you complete me. I will marry you, I will be your wife; and I will protect you” She replied, with a smile grazing the top of his forehead with her lips.

“I am ready to we…” She cut her sentence short, something glided across the bottom of her spine. Vigilantly rising from the sofa with her hands press together, a look of unease crept across her face followed by a vicious snarl.

“I must TAKE my father’s blessing…” she whispered, feeling his impending presence barreling down on them.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reciprocating Ziccarra's affectionate embrace, the Herald of Hope amorously intertwined his fingers with hers, his archangelic, cerulean eyes gazing into hers with tenderhearted intimacy. "As long as I have you by my side Ziccarra", lovingly pulling her closer, an enamored smile adorning his august features, "It doesn't matter as who. As The Goddess or as Ziccarra", he continued, "Just as long as we're together", affectionately pressing his lips against the Cardinal Goddess' in an endearing lip-lock of enraptured romanticism, Alexis genteelly breaks from their impassioned kiss. "I'll have to see Fantasy soon, there's something I'd like to teach her, to improve her offense".

Allowing himself to be pulled into the nurturing comfort of the couch, Ziccarra's soft, delicately manicured hands resting atop his, his hold amative as he fondly met the Malagan beauty's entrancing eyes. Intently listening to her touching words, The Champion smiled a soft smile, his words warmhearted as he equaled his beloved's proclamation. "I love you Z. You're my best friend. I feel a quiet calmness when you're around. The simplest of things bring you to mind when we're apart. A distant star. A gentle breeze. A cloudless sky. In you I don't just see a lover. I see a true friend, my best friend, and my soul mate", smiling sheepishly as he planted a tender kiss on his forehead, he resumes. "And I'll be your husband, and as strong as you are, and there may be times when you won't like it, I'll always protect you as well".

"A lot of people would say they'd die for the one they love. But I love you enough to want to live for you". Abruptly, the Malagan rose from the couch, seemingly shaken by an emerging realization. And soon, she unveiled it, a whisper heralding her father's forthcoming ingress. Tamely nodding his head, Alexis replied, "Your father..", he could feel his impending presence looming ever closer, "He.. he's coming", a gleam of austerity bedecking his eyes.