• 92 results
#1 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering if anyone ever thought about trying something like this.

Team Leaders are exempt and are the ones who do the deals/draft.

Only willing people can be drafted, because I don't want this to turn into a hissy fit or make people do things thier not open to.

Would the teams of the Vine be interested in anything like this?

#2 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting idea.

#3 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it could be kind of fun and interesting.

#4 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I know who I'd trade for. Gotta go for awhile. Hope this takes off lol

#5 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

So do we have any takers on this? Would like to get the leaders of the teams thoughts on this, as well as getting a list of people who would be willing to try this out.

#6 Posted by man_of_forever (5908 posts) - - Show Bio

draft for what? a war or a megateam or even a school for the selected few?

#7 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

You do have a way with words darlin. ;p

#8 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Think of it like the sports Draft.

Lets say the DVW, VV, ZS, and WAL all agree to partake in this. They would then find what members would be willing to be in the Draft(RPGers only please).

Once that list is made you look it over and see who you might want. You can either trade for them with one of your members(not likely but possiable) or make some oter kind of deal or agreement. It would not have to be a permanent thing, just smoething to have fun with, shake things up a bit.

Lets say the ZS wanted Charmcaster. We would make a deal with thier leader to get her on our team or trade one of our own for her. Leaders are exempt from the trade and are the ones who make the deals and trades.

It would not have to be a permanent thing, maybe they have to stay aligned with that team for 2 weeks, a month whatever the deal ends up being. Maybe a deal would be you can not accept new members for blank amount of time.

You get what I'm trying to say?

#9 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Vax says:

"Well count DVW in!"

Cool. I sent a pm to all the teams I could remember and know that are active. It might be a bit to get a reply from Mags for the VV since he is only on at earlier times. RL should be on soon to decide for the ZS. I am sure Gambler and his Outlawz are down for it with his earlier post. Sent one to WAL as well, and the NAO leader.

#10 Posted by man_of_forever (5908 posts) - - Show Bio

Ill see if I have any willing memebers.

#11 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Think of it like the sports Draft. Lets say the DVW, VV, ZS, and WAL all agree to partake in this. They would then find what members would be willing to be in the Draft(RPGers only please). Once that list is made you look it over and see who you might want. You can either trade for them with one of your members(not likely but possiable) or make some oter kind of deal or agreement. It would not have to be a permanent thing, just smoething to have fun with, shake things up a bit. Lets say the ZS wanted Charmcaster. We would make a deal with thier leader to get her on our team or trade one of our own for her. Leaders are exempt from the trade and are the ones who make the deals and trades. It would not have to be a permanent thing, maybe they have to stay aligned with that team for 2 weeks, a month whatever the deal ends up being. Maybe a deal would be you can not accept new members for blank amount of time. You get what I'm trying to say?"

Simple terms...IT'S SLAVERY BITCHES! :P

#12 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

As many that are willing. We will leave this open for a few days to give each team a chance to voice thier opinion and find out who is willing to do this.

So do not feel rsuhed or anything right now to get a list if guys.

#13 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Once you get list send it to me or post it here. I will try and keep a updated list on the front page of every team and person that will participate in the Draft.

#14 Posted by Darkchild (41424 posts) - - Show Bio

im game

#15 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be really funny if u refused to be apart of the draft andy. LOL

#16 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"im game"

Nice, as long as RL approves for the team(I am sure he will) then I will be in the draft as well. It is after all my idea so its only right. lol

#17 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I wouldn't mind. I jus hope it isn't a team I don't like. shrugs

#18 Posted by Darkchild (41424 posts) - - Show Bio

hey anyone know where Clarks is under in the forums

#19 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

ronin alexsnder says:

"that would be really funny if u refused to be apart of the draft andy. LOL"

lol, the thought crossed my mind.

@DC I'm not sure, I want to say General topics...

#20 Posted by Octagon Master (141 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't the DeathValley Warriors a team?

btw, I don't see why I have to do this, I'm members on every team I want to be a part of :P

#21 Posted by Octagon Master (141 posts) - - Show Bio

actually now that I think of it, this is AWESOME! nobody would actually want me so my teams would have to stick with me as a member :)

#22 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I was wondering if anyone ever thought about trying something like this. Team Leaders are exempt and are the ones who do the deals/draft. Only willing people can be drafted, because I don't want this to turn into a hissy fit or make people do things thier not open to. Would the teams of the Vine be interested in anything like this?"

Interesting.

#23 Posted by jasmine cole (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

i am in

#24 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't (or I might) participate

#25 Posted by Shanana (53436 posts) - - Show Bio

wooooooooo i am in!!

#26 Posted by LstPaladin (9430 posts) - - Show Bio

just to clarify, if a team member agrees to do this, then their team could trade them to another team, or another team could make a deal to get them.

If someone goes to another team, will they no longer be a member of their old team, or will it just be for a limited time and they would automatically go back after a specific time

Will there be an RPG to post in while you are on the other team, or will it just be posting around the vine on different threads.

#27 Posted by Neocrous (395 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds kinda interesting I'm in

#28 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd be on the team you got drafted to and thats it. But I'm withdrawing the Outlawz from this. I wouldn't trade any of em. Sounds cheesy but I give a $#@! ;)

#29 Posted by Octagon Master (141 posts) - - Show Bio

LstPaladin says:

"just to clarify, if a team member agrees to do this, then their team could trade them to another team, or another team could make a deal to get them.If someone goes to another team, will they no longer be a member of their old team, or will it just be for a limited time and they would automatically go back after a specific timeWill there be an RPG to post in while you are on the other team, or will it just be posting around the vine on different threads."

good questions, too bad Andferne is watching Smallville right now...

#30 Posted by LstPaladin (9430 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you Charmcaster,

#31 Posted by Octagon Master (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"You'd be on the team you got drafted to and thats it. But I'm withdrawing the Outlawz from this. I wouldn't trade any of em. Sounds cheesy but I give a $#@! ;)"

you don't have to trade...it said make deals

#32 Posted by LstPaladin (9430 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler, you are a man among men

#33 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly? You wouldn't trade any of them? Noe even a select few who are just....GAH!?

#34 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

ML is rough around the edges, but he tries hard. His last post in the team Rpg was good. He's already come along way from where he was. So I have no problem rollin with him.

#35 Posted by LstPaladin (9430 posts) - - Show Bio

Also what about good, evil, and neutral. What if a good character got sent to an evil team, would they change over

#36 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Not just him....others...

#37 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Honestly? You wouldn't trade *any* of them? Noe even a select few who are just....GAH!?"

For the slow ppl in here...he means ML

#38 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Charmcaster says:

"Cryo-Wolf says:
"Not just him....others..."
*Looks confused* It's not me is it? "

Not you...

Lemme look at the team page...

#39 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"You'd be on the team you got drafted to and thats it. But I'm withdrawing the Outlawz from this. I wouldn't trade any of em. Sounds cheesy but I give a $#@! ;)"

Really? Wow, thanks. And I didn't want to do this anyway, lol, no offense Andy.

#40 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, no, just ML.

#41 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

LstPaladin says:

"Thank you Charmcaster, "

no prob

#42 Posted by Shanana (53436 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont have a team

#43 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

Looks confused

It's not me is it?

#44 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Master says:

"Gambler says:
"ML is rough around the edges, but he tries hard. His last post in the team Rpg was good. He's already come along way from where he was. So I have no problem rollin with him."

you mean you wouldn't even be willing to trade someone for me?"

You could simply join if you wanted to. But no, I wouldn't trade anyone. If they wanted to be on another team they could simply leave with no hard feelings.

#45 Posted by Octagon Master (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"ML is rough around the edges, but he tries hard. His last post in the team Rpg was good. He's already come along way from where he was. So I have no problem rollin with him."

you mean you wouldn't even be willing to trade someone for me?

#46 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Charmcaster says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:
*Looks confused* It's not me is it? "
Not you... Lemme look at the team page..."

Oh it's the little Shaper fellow!

#47 Posted by Shanana (53436 posts) - - Show Bio

yep

#48 Posted by Octagon Master (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Sha says:

"i dont have a team"

I guess you left the VV too...

#49 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep in mind that you do not (and not expected) to trade team mates for someone else.

What this was meant to do is shake things up, never know it might bring some interesting rivalrys or fights out of it.

Make trade for other perks. Examples

1) Trade ??? for a fight, leader vs leader, or someone in your team against someone thy have always wanted to fight.

2) Make a trade for someone and the other team has to ally themself with you in your next war.

3) Trade for someone to cause a team to not accpet new recruits for a week.

etc etc

#50 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Keep in mind that you do not (and not expected) to trade team mates for someone else.What this was meant to do is shake things up, never know it might bring some interesting rivalrys or fights out of it.Make trade for other perks. Examples1) Trade ??? for a fight, leader vs leader, or someone in your team against someone thy have always wanted to fight.2) Make a trade for someone and the other team has to ally themself with you in your next war.3) Trade for someone to cause a team to not accpet new recruits for a week.etc etc"

Andferne...neutral