• 195 results
#1 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

Some say that each person is their own demon, their decisions bringing the consequences of their own personal hell. But beyond such reflections is the true nature of things. The darkness beyond the realms of the living and conscious mind, the realm of the true demons. The thin corporal veil between the living world and the dead, any who cross it and return to tell the tail break the very nature of the universe.

Those who live are meant to die

The return to life of Quinitus Knightfall and his brother Cassius has made a mockery of this rule. Their family name now a stained mark beyond the veil a target for retribution in the eyes of the demons in the dark. It was just a matter of time before a move was made and the first piece has now shifted.

They are coming for what is theirs

(A Knightfall RPG, open by PM only. Sorry guys if you are interested ask. Dont just drop in)

First post up shortly

#2 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

Will be fun to read! Good luck!

#3 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

Neato.

#4 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you based god

looks god

#6 Posted by Eagle_of_the_East (867 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: I had considered that and Morte as well. Let me know one way or the other when you can.

#9 Posted by Connoisseur (6579 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by _Sojourn_ (19266 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to join this... As an official first rp

#11 Posted by Armistice (4109 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall: hahah not gassing you up here but that post was awesome. Had that intense English thriller vibe to it. I think it was the coffee handing thing. That seems to happen alot in English thrillers. Good sh!t.

#14 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@quintus_knightfall: Thanks alot man, It just made sense to me being early in the morning and most likely the two weren't sleeping well.

#15 Posted by Connoisseur (6579 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@morte_knightfall: Very nice, liked the description and detail into the painting process. The in to the story elements was also a nice touch.

#17 Edited by Connoisseur (6579 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Connoisseur (6579 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@quintus_knightfall: Nice post man, had a Jacobs ladder waking nightmare vibe ( good prep film for this actually) i'am using that in my next post i like that concept alot.

#21 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

Catching up now

#23 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Clara Mass (8056 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool beans.

#25 Posted by Ren_ (1678 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Ren_ (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

There we go.

#27 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall: Thanks! Let's me play around with some ideas and concepts and still get to use Ellie when otherwise, I'd have no way to.

#29 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: I am as always happy for you and anyone one else to do what best fits their ideas in the RPG. If Ellie stays at the Computer trying to help all the time it cool its fits, if you have other ideas its cool also.

#30 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall: I've always liked that about you :)

I've got a couple things planned with E that I haven't worked up to quite yet. And I also like the fact that she's a behind the scenes gal, so to speak. CV doesn't really have that.

#31 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Thanks, dont see any point in shoehorning people into slots better to leave them free and allow expression anyways its the whole point of the place after all.

I think that's one of Ellie's most charming features that she is the cog that runs the machine not the face that everybody sees but the wheel that sets events and actions into motion. (Interested in where she will go later to though)

#32 Edited by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall: Yeah, a lot of the time you see people who have their an idea for how a story should go (and I'll admit that I can be very rigid in how I foresee things playing out) and try and shape it that way.

asd;lfjsadl thank you!!!! From her conception, I wanted a character who wasn't innately badass, who things didn't come easy to. She won't have the moral struggles that Mercy will face, but she also doesn't have the self-assuredness of Renegade. She has a godly amount of power that's just beginning to unfold and all the info of the world at the tips of her fingers. It's a heady responsibility in itself.

#33 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Story wise i have parts i would like, if they work fine if they don't also fine. Learned that with COP's the rpg concept maybe yours but the rpg its self is a collection of minds and therefore steering it will only narrow potentially awesome ideas you hadn't considered. Hence now I will work with what i have and do my best with that. Basically i had to force myself to be less rigid lol

Ellie has a badassery to her but its not the psychical or in your face character side that most bad ass types go for its more of the type of skill based badassery like when someone is insanely talented at something. Though as with most of your characters there is also the heavy element of emotion in there somewhere. Something i could do with incorporating more myself.

#34 Edited by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall: I learned that with COPs as well, just not in the leader position as you were. Man, I miss the days of Shadow Squad. That was probably the best lead team I've seen.

I seriously appreciate that. It's a facet that I've always strived to really focus on.

#35 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: That was an insanely solid team in terms of skill and working together. It was one of my favs to. I had the chance to join and went for champion instead never been sure if it was the right call lol.

Emotion if important it humanizes the character something you excel at, i think i write alittle cold because i am not so focused or tuned into that part of writing as well .

#36 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall: If you had a good time doing it, then I'd say that it wasn't. Sometimes I wistfully yearn for the times back that I had on that team. Sov, me, Talon, Hesperus and a bit of a revolving door of others. I really freaking miss those guys.

I think it also helps the reader develop a connection. I like your writing a lot, though. It's a bit of a different style from mine (which isn't bad by any means, if we all wrote the same how boring would that be?) and I always feel like I'm watching an action movie. You have a gift for conveying actions through how you set the scene.

#37 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: True, shame though maybe one day i will be able to muster some of the old crew for a "what if" style version of Shadow Squad or something. But that's an idea for another day. Miss most of the old COP's team a lotta people up and gone and some really strong writers/fun guys to.

Your right about emotion it allows for empathy and that's a major part in immersion to the story, makes it easier to see the story from their view. Thanks alot, thats the second movie vibe comment for the week. Its probably because i'am so used to having to deal with combat with Eddy that i can use that experience to carry across, try not to Micheal Bay the posts lol.

#38 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall: I'd probably sit that out. Without Hesperus and Talon it just wouldn't be the same at all. Man...that team had so much of my formative experience here, both IC and OOC.

Spot on analysis with that first sentence. LOL @ the Michael Bay analogy. I've used that myself and I think it's apt for a certain style of writing.

#39 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: True, sometimes its best to leave things alone. Especially the solid stuff, don't want to taint the name with an inferior version like the current Uncanny X-force for example lol

I understand the theories and the science behind the writing its the execution/inclusion of these concepts i need to work on. Occasionally i used some shock and awe stuff with Eddy but that's kind of beyond Cass's abilities so i go for a more muted 80's action style, elements of slightly boundary pushing stuff for his ability range.

#40 Edited by Armistice (4109 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall:

Nice to see you getting the Knightfall's back together, it's among the best directions the CVnU has to offer.

Probably a better fit for you developing Cass further than the Sovereigns were anyways.

#41 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: Not necessarily i think the Sovs would and still could give Cass further regions to expand. The knightfalls offer him a family to interact with Sovs friends so it works just as well either way. But thanks man

#42 Posted by Armistice (4109 posts) - - Show Bio

My heart (and lack of time) really was not into running a team, and I'm retired from the CVnU outright now so whatever plans you had would have to be altered in the end anyways.

I'm online because I can't sleep.

#43 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: Running a team is time consuming and hard work in cases i know that as well as anyone round her so its cool. But Sovs paid a huge part in Cassius story even though it wasn't along part it expanded his work canon into including knowing other Mercs such as you and allowed for him to meet and interact with his family on a neutral ground.

Maybe when you have time in future we can do some stuff together as a flashback or something in current time.

#44 Edited by Armistice (4109 posts) - - Show Bio

I am still doing flashback related things such as the ongoing one with Mercy, just nothing that has anything to do with the modern CVnU or tied into the current events whatsoever. Current direction makes zero sense IMO so I am just avoiding it altogether.

If you have something to your history you want my involvement in just PM me. My current project will be done by the end of the month and my schedule will normalize.

#45 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: Ok cool , i have no ideas yet but i have awhile to think of some. Just thought would be good to continue working with the Ian Cass relationship.

#46 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Will have to wait to see if you get the opportunity

#50 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio