• 118 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#51 Edited by Xeroxer (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Name: Xox

Age: 00:01

Race: Andalusian

Height: 5'10

Gender: Male

Attributes: S: 11 SP: 1 A: 1 PD: 1 TD: 1 SD: 1 FS: 1 CA: 1 CD: 1 PP: 1

Weapons: Kestus, Sling

Powers: Duplicate(s), Energy Metabolism, Tactile Psychokinesis, Possession

Power source: The Network

Appearance: Average looking human in business attire

Background: A copy sent to visit an alternate verse.

#52 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeroxer said:

Name: Xox

Age: 00:01

Race: Andalusian

Height: 5'10

Gender: Male

Attributes: S: 11 SP: 1 A: 1 PD: 1 TD: 1 SD: 1 FS: 1 CA: 1 CD: 1 PP: 1

Weapons: Kestus, Sling

Powers: Duplicate(s), Energy Metabolism, Tactile Psychokinesis, Possession

Power source: The Network

Appearance: Average looking human in business attire

Background: A copy sent to visit an alternate verse.

Ha! Your strength is dialed up all the way to ELEVEN!

#53 Posted by Xeroxer (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: is it ten starter points (since you said it is mandatory to have one for every stat) and ten extra points?

#54 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeroxer said:

@perezite: is it ten starter points (since you said it is mandatory to have one for every stat) and ten extra points?

Yes.

#55 Posted by Xeroxer (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: okay then eleven strength it its, inspired by galactus' fistfights

#56 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeroxer said:

@perezite: okay then eleven strength it its, inspired by galactus' fistfights

How about what Supes said to Thor after catching his hammer in JLA/Avengers?

#57 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Edited by Xeroxer (31 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeroxer said:

@perezite: I just want to do this

You will. You'll also have that happen to you.

#60 Posted by LastPyre (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: I can't do today buddy, perhaps tomorrow or the day after.

#61 Posted by 614azrael (10314 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Im working on it but feel free to go on without me I can get caught up

I keep my CV stuff in a sort of "To Do list" and theres a few things ahead of this

#62 Edited by hudyman (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

I would definitely join this except im not quite sure how my character would fit into this.

#63 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

I would definitely join this except im not quite sure how my character would fit into this.

Just make an AU version of your character with your stats for him cranked up.

If you want to discuss this further, I suggest we discuss this further over PM.

#64 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

I would definitely join this except im not quite sure how my character would fit into this.

Just make an AU version of your character with your stats for him cranked up.

If you want to discuss this further, I suggest we discuss this further over PM.

#65 Edited by LastPyre (1009 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@lastpyre said:

@perezite: I'm ready to do something now.

Alright then. Make your public character sheet (you know, the character sheet WITHOUT the bio) and post it here. Then, PM me a copy of your PRIVATE character sheet (the one WITH the bio).

Before you do though, do you understand the differences between Attributes and Powers and the rules considering Attribute points and their allocation?

#67 Posted by LastPyre (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Public

Name: Last Pyre

Age: Timeless

Race: None

Height: can vary, but normally 6 - 7 ft

Gender: Male

Weapons: None

Attributes: S: 2 SP: 2 A: 1 PD: 3 TD: 2 SD: 2 FS: 1 CA: 1 CD: 1 PP: 5

Powers: Total control and manipulation of fire. His fire does not obey the laws of physics.Can become intangible to physical objects.

Power source: The Devil. Supernatural.

Appearance: Looks like a man made out of constantly burning fire, the fire changes colour depending on his mood. He has no facial features other than a large grin. Appears to be of an average build in terms of muscle

#68 Edited by hudyman (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

Name: The Doctor

Age: 2072

Race: Timelord/gallifreyan

Height: 6"1

Gender: Male

Weapons: Sonic Screw Driver

Attributes: S: 1 SP: 1 A: 1 PD: 2 TD: 1 SD: 1 FS: 1 CA: 8 CD: 1 PP: 1

Powers: Able to regenerate i.e change bodies if attacked

Home/Vehicle/Ally: T.A.R.D.I.S

Appearance: Hazelnut hair, tall, victorian style overcoat, dark blue eyes

Background: Ended the last great time war and payed the price by being the last timelord alive, 1 daughter , single

#69 Posted by LastPyre (1009 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Im working on it but feel free to go on without me I can get caught up

I keep my CV stuff in a sort of "To Do list" and theres a few things ahead of this

What about now?

#71 Posted by Melashin (17 posts) - - Show Bio

614Azrael here this is my alt

Name: Melashin tends to go by Melony for short

Race (black, white, human, alien, etc): Deveyeant(alien) god

Age: Unknown been around sense Deveyeants came into existence

Height: 5'7

Gender: Female

Attributes: Strength, Speed, Aceleration, Physical Durability, Telepathic Durability, Soul Durability, Fighting Skill, Cosmic Awareness, Compressed Destruction, Power Proficiency

Weapons: Dual Neodin(a pistol sized alien weapon that fires needles of explosive plasmic energy. Though their size is that of a hand gun the destructive force is like that of a space craft). Aileshtat(plasma sword)

Powers: Powers: Form Human: Biomancy(manipulation of plant life and technology) Gravity manipulation. Plasma Manipulation. Shape Shifting(leads to other forms)

Powers: Form Elose: Hologram(being a holographic hard light projection rather then a 'person' makes her able to phase through objects and immune to psychics). Deveyeant(the ability to access and summon things belonging to her people. These usually are in the presence of a god class version of the item summoned). Electrokinesis. Shape Shifting

Power source(s): Deveyeant Souls

Appearance:

human
elose

Back-story: Melashin is the god of the alien race known as the Deveyeants, a ancient highly advanced race. Legends suggest she is more then the Elose or Human most have seen though that has never been proven. The fact is Melony is a god who is rarely needed by her people and as such is simply bored. Her power comes from the souls of her people, they join her upon death. In short the Deveyeant after life is the life of Melashin.

Theres a 'third' form but it doesnt matter for anything here end of story. Im also not changing anything so, if it 'doesn't work' I'm out simple as that. ^_~ here for fun, Im not conforming a character just so it works for something

#72 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@melashin said:

614Azrael here this is my alt

Name: Melashin tends to go by Melony for short

Race (black, white, human, alien, etc): Deveyeant(alien) god

Age: Unknown been around sense Deveyeants came into existence

Height: 5'7

Gender: Female

Attributes: Strength, Speed, Aceleration, Physical Durability, Telepathic Durability, Soul Durability, Fighting Skill, Cosmic Awareness, Compressed Destruction, Power Proficiency

Weapons: Dual Neodin(a pistol sized alien weapon that fires needles of explosive plasmic energy. Though their size is that of a hand gun the destructive force is like that of a space craft). Aileshtat(plasma sword)

Powers: Powers: Form Human: Biomancy(manipulation of plant life and technology) Gravity manipulation. Plasma Manipulation. Shape Shifting(leads to other forms)

Powers: Form Elose: Hologram(being a holographic hard light projection rather then a 'person' makes her able to phase through objects and immune to psychics). Deveyeant(the ability to access and summon things belonging to her people. These usually are in the presence of a god class version of the item summoned). Electrokinesis. Shape Shifting

Power source(s): Deveyeant Souls

Appearance:

human
elose

Back-story: Melashin is the god of the alien race known as the Deveyeants, a ancient highly advanced race. Legends suggest she is more then the Elose or Human most have seen though that has never been proven. The fact is Melony is a god who is rarely needed by her people and as such is simply bored. Her power comes from the souls of her people, they join her upon death. In short the Deveyeant after life is the life of Melashin.

Theres a 'third' form but it doesnt matter for anything here end of story. Im also not changing anything so, if it 'doesn't work' I'm out simple as that. ^_~ here for fun, Im not conforming a character just so it works for something

Ummm...dude...you forgot to say how many attribute points you have...

Also, you were supposed to send ME the version of the sheet with the bio and post a PUBLIC sheet without the bio.

#73 Edited by Melashin (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: There going to see the bio anyway.

Step 1. Click the show bio

Step 2. The bio is shown and that is where 99.99% of users of the RPG forum of Comic Vine will have a complete bio. O.O

You can't hide something that someone can look at any moment so why bother?

I also just didn't know what points your talking about. It seems implied we've 1 point in each. Or that the best route would be to just put 1 in each.

#74 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@melashin said:

@perezite: There going to see the bio anyway.

Not really. Because that would imply they were interested enough to check your profile.

#75 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@melashin said:

@perezite:

Step 2. The bio is shown and that is where 99.99% of users of the RPG forum of Comic Vine will have a complete bio.

Not if you didn't put it in the bio to begin with.

#76 Posted by Melashin (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Right so they are either not caring about the bio. In which it doesn't matter if I gave the bio or not because they don't care. The way that plays out is, "I gave a bio. Nobody read it no harm no foul."

Or they do care, they want to know more and they read it. This plays out "I gave a bio, they read it no harm no foul."

So someone looks at this page they see the info, simple as that moving on. Or someone can read the full bio and know more about the character. Its all right there as well so why bother with sending you a pm? If you want the basics its here, if you want details theres the bio

Im not trying to be a pain I'm just saying :P theres no need to hide whats a mouse click away

#77 Edited by johnjoe66 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite:

Name: Keeper of life

Race: brown rock man

Age:15

Height:5 foot 7 inch

Gender: M

Attributes: S:2 LS:2 A:1 PD:1 FS:2 PP:2

Weapons: Twin knives,Back cannon

Powers:I control earth(element not planet),can resurrect team-mates,summon two rock monsters (gorg and jarl) And finally when i die my powers are gifted to one of my team mates

Power source(s):Life essence

Appearance: A rock man that looks like different rocks floating together

so is this ok?and this is my first RPG thing so PM me when anything happens thanks :)

#78 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@melashin said:

Or they do care, they want to know more and they read it. This plays out "I gave a bio, they read it no harm no foul."

There is foul, because, if some already knows everything there is to know about a character via their bios, then it makes roleplaying with others a drag. Sure, in character, people would still inquire as to what another player character's deal is, but that would just be going through the motions for the player him or herself and not as exciting if they didn't know jack. You see, that was the entire purpose of having a Public Character Sheet that you'd post on here for the other players without a Bio. MYSTERY. INTRIGUE! People discovering your characters back story by themselves and genuinly WANTING to know the whole Enchilada! RPG's are best played when there's some GENUINE mystery between the players AS WELL AS their characters. I EXPECTED and WANTED your character to slowly give away her back story during the course of the ongoing story to the other characters and to the other players for the first time during those in character revelations, but since you've abandoned all hope of mystery, don't worry. I'll find a way of getting across her back story to the other character in game in an interesting way for you in one go.

Also, I thought I've made it ABUNDANTLY clear by now that YES, everyone's ten Attributes are one. BUT, at the start, everyone gets TEN EXTRA POINTS they can choose to allocate however they want.

Let me say that again. EVERYONE'S attributes START at one. BUT, everyone gets TEN EXTRA points to do with as they will! I'm fairly certain I put this in the rules and if you want to correct me on that, feel free to take another look and do so.

#80 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by hudyman (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

This group really intrigues me, can't wait to see the final result.

#82 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

This group really intrigues me, can't wait to see the final result.

Dude! Forget EVERY back-story or bio thingy you saw for johnjoe66! Not for Melashin though. Since he/she seems to want the attention and doesn't seem repentant about breaking one of the rules I set up, remember her bio/back-story if you want. But not john's!

#83 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@johnjoe66: cute and awesome names

gorg and jarl

Nerx! Forget Johnjoe's back story part! Now!

#84 Posted by 614azrael (10314 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: I'll sort the points out later today when back online

As for the bio bit whats "here" is also abundantly short in comparison to the "bio". Here is the equivalent of. "Melashin is a bored alien goddess" that doesn't tell much. If they don't want to read the bio that element of mystery is still there. Or as it is with alot of things on this side of the forum they can read the bio skip the discover bits for the story. Yes its nice to have mystery of the character but the events are just as important. We know who Superman is, know his story what he can do and so forth; yet we still go and see Man of Steel. The viewers of the Avengers know how theyre formed and who they are but still enjoyed the movie.

Even if someone is told every inch of detail about a character, there is still fun from learning it in a more in game manner. I gave the short and dry bio, they want to learn more in character they can, want to out of character they can.

I know alot of characters here really well and still enjoy playing with those rpgers on a regular basis. Saying "Im a alien goddess. Who has secrets, and do to boredom is out on these adventures" doesn't cripple the game with that alone. In fact the short bio of team mates can often be helpful.

#85 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: I'll sort the points out later today when back online

As for the bio bit whats "here" is also abundantly short in comparison to the "bio". Here is the equivalent of. "Melashin is a bored alien goddess" that doesn't tell much. If they don't want to read the bio that element of mystery is still there. Or as it is with alot of things on this side of the forum they can read the bio skip the discover bits for the story. Yes its nice to have mystery of the character but the events are just as important. We know who Superman is, know his story what he can do and so forth; yet we still go and see Man of Steel. The viewers of the Avengers know how theyre formed and who they are but still enjoyed the movie.

Even if someone is told every inch of detail about a character, there is still fun from learning it in a more in game manner. I gave the short and dry bio, they want to learn more in character they can, want to out of character they can.

I know alot of characters here really well and still enjoy playing with those rpgers on a regular basis. Saying "Im a alien goddess. Who has secrets, and do to boredom is out on these adventures" doesn't cripple the game with that alone. In fact the short bio of team mates can often be helpful.

You still broke a rule that I CLEARLY (or at least, THOUGHT I clearly did) laid down, from the sounds of it, intentionally. Even if you didn't know about the rule, you'd still be the one at fault here because of a lack of reading or reading comprehension. Don't worry though. Like I said: it's all good.

#87 Edited by johnjoe66 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnjoe66 said:

@perezite:

Name: Keeper of life

Race: brown rock man

Age:15

Height:5 foot 7 inch

Gender: M

Attributes: S:4 LS:2 A:1 PD:1 FS:2 PP:2 CA:1 TD:1 SD:1 CD:!

Weapons: Twin knives,Back cannon

Powers:I control earth(element not planet),can resurrect team-mates,summon two rock monsters (gorg and jarl) And finally when i die my powers are gifted to one of my team mates

Power source(s):Life essence

Appearance: A rock man that looks like different rocks floating together

so is this ok?and this is my first RPG thing so PM me when anything happens thanks :)

#88 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnjoe66 said:

@perezite:

Name: Keeper of life

Race: brown rock man

Age:15

Height:5 foot 7 inch

Gender: M

Attributes: S:2 LS:2 A:1 PD:1 FS:2 PP:2 CA:1 TD:1 SD:1 CD:!

Weapons: Twin knives,Back cannon

Powers:I control earth(element not planet),can resurrect team-mates,summon two rock monsters (gorg and jarl) And finally when i die my powers are gifted to one of my team mates

Power source(s):Life essence

Appearance: A rock man that looks like different rocks floating together

so is this ok?and this is my first RPG thing so PM me when anything happens thanks :)

You have two more points to spend.

#89 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio
#90 Posted by johnjoe66 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on lets do this thing!!!!

#91 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on lets do this thing!!!!

Need to wait a little bit. See if Mirror is still in this.

#92 Edited by hudyman (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Was my character bio ok?, constructive criticism is the only way to improve

#93 Edited by Pyrogram (38459 posts) - - Show Bio

@melashin said:

@perezite: Right so they are either not caring about the bio. In which it doesn't matter if I gave the bio or not because they don't care. The way that plays out is, "I gave a bio. Nobody read it no harm no foul."

Or they do care, they want to know more and they read it. This plays out "I gave a bio, they read it no harm no foul."

So someone looks at this page they see the info, simple as that moving on. Or someone can read the full bio and know more about the character. Its all right there as well so why bother with sending you a pm? If you want the basics its here, if you want details theres the bio

Im not trying to be a pain I'm just saying :P theres no need to hide whats a mouse click away

Agreed. Moaning about showing a bio is ridiculous.

#94 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@perezite: Was my character bio ok?, constructive criticism is the only way to improve

For the purposes of this RPG, your's was more than sufficient man.

#95 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@melashin said:

@perezite: Right so they are either not caring about the bio. In which it doesn't matter if I gave the bio or not because they don't care. The way that plays out is, "I gave a bio. Nobody read it no harm no foul."

Or they do care, they want to know more and they read it. This plays out "I gave a bio, they read it no harm no foul."

So someone looks at this page they see the info, simple as that moving on. Or someone can read the full bio and know more about the character. Its all right there as well so why bother with sending you a pm? If you want the basics its here, if you want details theres the bio

Im not trying to be a pain I'm just saying :P theres no need to hide whats a mouse click away

Agreed. Moaning about showing a bio is ridiculous.

Breaking an established rule I made when you agreed to play, no matter how ridiculous, is even more ridiculous.

#96 Edited by Pyrogram (38459 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@pyrogram said:

@melashin said:

@perezite: Right so they are either not caring about the bio. In which it doesn't matter if I gave the bio or not because they don't care. The way that plays out is, "I gave a bio. Nobody read it no harm no foul."

Or they do care, they want to know more and they read it. This plays out "I gave a bio, they read it no harm no foul."

So someone looks at this page they see the info, simple as that moving on. Or someone can read the full bio and know more about the character. Its all right there as well so why bother with sending you a pm? If you want the basics its here, if you want details theres the bio

Im not trying to be a pain I'm just saying :P theres no need to hide whats a mouse click away

Agreed. Moaning about showing a bio is ridiculous.

Breaking an established rule I made when you agreed to play, no matter how ridiculous, is even more ridiculous.

The rule made no sense and had no logic...People can read a bio with one click.

#97 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@perezite said:

@pyrogram said:

@melashin said:

@perezite: Right so they are either not caring about the bio. In which it doesn't matter if I gave the bio or not because they don't care. The way that plays out is, "I gave a bio. Nobody read it no harm no foul."

Or they do care, they want to know more and they read it. This plays out "I gave a bio, they read it no harm no foul."

So someone looks at this page they see the info, simple as that moving on. Or someone can read the full bio and know more about the character. Its all right there as well so why bother with sending you a pm? If you want the basics its here, if you want details theres the bio

Im not trying to be a pain I'm just saying :P theres no need to hide whats a mouse click away

Agreed. Moaning about showing a bio is ridiculous.

Breaking an established rule I made when you agreed to play, no matter how ridiculous, is even more ridiculous.

The rule made no sense and had no logic...People can read a bio with one click.

1.No logic. Trying to propogate a sense of mystery equals no logic to you. *Massages temples*

2. Not if the person was CONSIDERATE enough not to put the bio up on their profile. Unfortunately, I didn't get that.

#98 Posted by Pyrogram (38459 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Why would you want no bio? People could just pull out moves in an RP and ruin it...That's a strange rule. Makes no sense in the RP world....Mystery? No....Many people have no bio, its not mysterious at-all.

#99 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

People could just pull out moves in an RP and ruin it...

That was the whole damn POINT of them sending ME the version of the sheet with the bio while they just posted the version WITHOUT the bio for the other players! I (the DM) wouldn't be completely in the dark about their bio while allowing the other characters to be in the dark so when the obligatory questioning from other players came about a character's back story, they (the players and their characters) legitimately didn't know know shit and whatever revelations wouldn't just be going through the motions. Am I making sense here? Am I acting like a goddamn pygmy marmoset now? Am I speaking insane gibberish right now (well, on THIS matter. I know I'm positively loopy on other things, but I thought my reasoning was rather sound for this decision).

#100 Posted by Pyrogram (38459 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: I'm just saying, You handled this like a child screaming at people for not getting your own way. Big deal somebody accidentally broke a rule, Move on and forget but you're acting so defensive, offended and plain rude. Calm down...I won't reply to anything else by the way, don't waste your time replying too me. Like, what the heck are you doing sending possible people who are WILLING to RP with you this?

you'd still be the one at fault here because of a lack of reading or reading comprehension

....Seriously ...