Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Oran
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome!

I've recently picked up the New 52 Swamp Thing and Animal Man series...and you should too. Anyway that's not the point.

The Point...

...is that both of these series shined new light on the whole elemental forces thing. I would like to introduce this concept to CVnU too. They open up some pretty nifty paths to explore and a lot of RP value.

The way their mythos is set up is that there are these elemental forces (I will explain more below) right and they cannot interact with our world unless they have an avatar in the said world. Now an avatar is a being that in life had a natural connection to one of the Parliaments, some stronger and some weaker. They could hear their respective elements constantly call to them in life, before untimately giving their mortal life to serve as an avatar. These are beings of incredible powers who can control elemental forces of nature and overlook their elemental domains. There can be many 'dormant' avatars who chose to distance themselves as far from their element as they can, but the whispers rarely cease. When they die their essence becomes one with their element and they take a seat amongst their Parliament. (Thus all members of the parliament were once avatars of their element and cannot enter the mortal plane any longer, just watch and guide the new avatars.)

As it is there are four known Parliaments, three of which you most likely know. First and propably most importantly there is The Green, governed by the Parliament of Trees it is the unrelenting power of all plant life. Then there is The Red and the Parliament of Limbs, they connect all animal life on Earth and harness it's savage traits. Further back there is the only 'evil' force, The Rot or The Black and it's filthy Parliament of Decay. They are all about...well death and decay. Last but not least there is The Gray, an offshoot if The Green, it does...a lot of fungus related stuff and does not have Parliament of it's own. The new and lonely elemental force who was never bound to an avatar.

Do not worry, I am just giving the first examples. You could add your own forces of nature and also new avatars.

The forces cannot exist withou one another, they are all intertwined in one way or another.

Now the problem...

...that I see is that these forces need to be at balance. If one of them should ever step out of line then the others cannot act against it in any other manner than by alerting their Avatars, but if a force like The Rot ever got out of control then it is basically the end of everything. There would be need of a third party, someone who would watch over these forces and keep them from becoming absurdly powerful.

Anyways, feel free to comment on this with new ideas, your opinions or even criticism. I can't stop you from that, this is an open forum afterall.

(UPDATE 1: I hope I explained the concept well enough, reading this feels confusing...)

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran: would like to be part of the RED

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Count me in for this!!!

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valken: Alright, man.

@ult_nerx: Sure! I would love to see your creations. I'll hit you up if I decide to do this.

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran: Also, Swamp thing is bad*** look!!

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valken: Oh yeah man. I love his look in New 52 and how they expanded on his shapeshifting abilities.

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran: I agree, they make him look super awesome and I'm glad they did! I didn't read much of his new stuff, but I love what I have read!

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valken: I am actually reading on him right now :D I'll have plenty of scans to use.

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I will def make an alt for this.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clutch: Holy sh!t. I might need to do this now that you've said that :D

_Tails_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always wanted to expand the Tails' origins a bit more, just never figured out what to connect to and I eventually lost interest in the character.

Might reshape him for this though, will give me something to do as I try to get back into the swing of thins :S

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran: So can I be fire as a force of nature? :)

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valken: Sure, I am planning on blitzing through some older Swamp Thing stuff to find more elemental Parliaments, because I am sure there were some. But sure, you could be one.

@_tails_: I would feel honored, if this made you expand on your character. :P

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran said:

@clutch: Holy sh!t. I might need to do this now that you've said that :D

Hey man , thanks for the compliment lol I really love Animal Man's character and my own twist and writing style for the character would be dope. This is the perfect place to start.

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran: Awesome; I'll probably call the force The Ember or something like that!

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Oran

@clutch: No probs dude :P Really.

Animal man is really underrated IMO. He was really strong Pre-52, and now he is really dope. New costume, new approach. But I'm more of a Swamp Thing dude, his New 52 stuff didn't really draw me into it. (I read the first few issues that tie into Rotworld.)

@valken: You're the first, feel free. Just make sure to hit me up so I can add it to the list. :D

Alianette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran: I'll have to do some researching as I'm not sure I totally get it but I'm certainly curious and want in somehow lol

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alianette: Oh yeah, sorry bout that. I was in a hurry and I'll hopefully rewrite it soon. I can answer any questions in the meanwhile if you want.

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By valken
Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran said:

@clutch: No probs dude :P Really.

Animal man is really underrated IMO. He was really strong Pre-52, and now he is really dope. New costume, new approach. But I'm more of a Swamp Thing dude, his New 52 stuff didn't really draw me into it. (I read the first few issues that tie into Rotworld.)

@valken: You're the first, feel free. Just make sure to hit me up so I can add it to the list. :D

I feel like Man-Thing looks cooler ;P but I like Swamp Thing too. I'll let you know when I make the alt.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Oran

@clutch: Alright.

"You done did it now, soul-boy."

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Izaiah

@oran: Obi (@last_guardian) and I were just talking about a concept that would seem to have some overlap with this.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Oran
Alianette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm another Poison Ivy to the vine, or a water elemental? Don't want earth death or fire I've done that plenty. Have a air bender ATM so wouldn't want to do that either

TheMusicManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheMusicManiac
I might make an Animal Man like character for this

Avatar image for emperor_von_doom
Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Curious to see how they would react to Doom's multitudinous plots to conquer the world...

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperor_von_doom: Most of the Parliaments are oblivious to who rules the mundane world as long as their element prevails. But I can see some Avatars disagreeing with him :P

Avatar image for emperor_von_doom
Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@oran:

Replying IC in a few, this is grabbing my attention really intensely.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _Rose_

And then there is this character.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_rose_:

<--Secretly planned this for you.

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By _Rose_

@oran: Of course ya did, gotta pull me out of my procrastination :S

Well I'm up for it.

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is cool as hell man! I absolutely love this idea.

TheMusicManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alianette: You could always do a lightning elemental.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Oran
_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_rose_: Welp, it didn't go as planned. I got to work with what I have. D-d-don't judge me! <.<

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran said:

@emperor_von_doom: Most of the Parliaments are oblivious to who rules the mundane world as long as their element prevails. But I can see some Avatars disagreeing with him :P

My element will be the one to prevail!

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valken said:

@oran said:

My element will be the one to prevail!

I have power over cats

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animal bros

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran: No problem but curious would you consider Metal an element? :)

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_umbra_sorcerer: The chinese consider it an element! They include earth, water, fire, wood, and metal

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran: In for Black with a Deathstorm-based conceptual being.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I thought this was a thing already?

No_One_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oran:

I'll be serving the color blue! I'll be working on a bio after getting to well my list of posts to cover lol

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47  Edited By Last_Guardian

@oran:

Yeah like @izaiah said, we've actuality been developing something sorta similar to this behind the scenes. . Only conflict between our concept and your potential concept is that 1) Each Parliament/Force isn't as simple as "Plants" "Animals" "Fire," etc. Instead, potentially every power source in the universe has representation here..And 2) There is no Green, instead, our "Green" has a very special role in the relationship between all the diverse Forces.I'll post what we have so far. Maybe we can work on this together. Following is what me and Wando have developed so far.

So this idea basically comes from the fact that a few of us on here derive our powers from unseen, mysterious forces, my character being one of them. Of course, my character is based on Jedis from Star Wars who get their powers from the Force. My version of the Force is The Lightforce.

Obviously this a rough draft of what the Universal Sphere would be.
Obviously this a rough draft of what the Universal Sphere would be.

So the Lightforce, Aether, Darkforce, etc. are all part of the universe's underlying forces. I call it the Universal Sphere. Several groups all over the universe have found ways to tap into the powers derived from the Forces. In ancient times the Guardians tapped into the White and called it the Lightforce. Conversely, the Aggressors tapped into the Black, and called it the Darkforce. The Cynrathim (Izaiah's race) found a way to tap into the blue power, thus becoming Illuminated and naming their force "The Aether." If you've read any Animal Man comic you know of The Red, which here is called "The Bleed." I actually intend to use an Animal Man alt eventually to dive into how that works.

The spots that I labeled "Undiscovered" represent the fact that we can continue to add to the sphere to represent more and more power sources as we go. So far in our discussion we've already come up with adding both a "Speed Force" section and a "Magic" section. We've also talked about adding a "Mutantforce" which is where all mutant powers derive from.

The Constant Gadener
The Constant Gadener

So where does the Green come in? The Green here is represented by the Vine (the green squiggly lines surrounding the borderlines of each section, they're supposed to look like Vines lol). It simultaneously unites the forces and keeps them separate. It ensures that none of the sections become too powerful and begin overtaking any of the other sections, for there must always be balance at all times within the Universal Sphere. (I was actually thinking of adding to this, possibly creating Gods/parliaments for each section which would really jell with your/ DC's concept.) The Vine is maintained by a supremely powerful being called The Emerald Titan. He ensures that the Vine is working correctly and keeping all of the forces in order, without growing too out of control. (If we use the gods/parliaments approach, the Emerald Titan could have the ability to intermediate between the parliaments to avoid conflict.) If the Emerald Titan should die, the Vine could grow out of control and seriously damage the balance of the Forces by choking some of the powers out or the Vine could be damaged and allow some of the Forces to overtake others.

The Security
The Security

The yellow section outside the orb represents the Golden Gates. They protect the Universal Orb from those who would try to do it harm by harnessing or releasing it. These Golden Gates are watched over by the Golden Titan. So in essence the Golden Titan protects the exterior and of the Universal Orb, while the Emerald Titan protects the interior. They are equally powerful.

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Oran

@last_guardian: Damn, thats pretty neat actually. It's a very good way to tie all the characters together. But in DC's idea they aren't really physical forces they are more like a quantum of consciousness for different planes of existence. They play with the idea that every element is a 'living breathing' thing in it's own way. It is why Swampy can do what he does, because the plants cooperate and communicate with him (even if he can just force them to do his bidding).

Also, The Bleed thing. From what I gather, it would be like Pre-52 Red? Because Pre-52 Animal Man had limited dimensional powers. I am sorry if I missunderstood this, but I put that and the fact that The Bleed is an extradimensional place connecting the multiverse together.

I would be willing to elaborate with you guys if you still want.

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to be your villain

Oran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers