The Burning Wheat Field

Doctor_Burns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Doctor_Burns

It is often said that monsters exist on the inside of us. Not under our beds and in our windows. I believe this is indeed true, to varying degrees. Some people may lock theirs in cages. Well locked. Well contained. Without effort. As if their purity would burn it as it had left. Some have their monsters roam around with them unknowingly, and some have their monsters pushing at them, gnawing at it's restraints. Pleading for release. Others embrace their monsters wholly. Succumb to it.

I have the feeling that by the time this is near it's end, I will be but a monster fighting another, different kind of monster. I simply hope I do not forget why it is that I came here in the first place.

Doctor Burns walked about a ghost town. A place appearantly devoid of life on it's surface, seemingly uninhabited. But burns could smell a hint of blood in the air, a very slight hint. Not something a human would notice, as well as the scent of his target. Crows perched on the building as Burns walked through, the grey skies above indicating that it would soon storm, as lightning thundered in the sky.

He came to a stop in front of the building, and stayed there for a moment as he looked it over, scanning for evidence. There was an entrance to some underground facility, one that has been present for who knows how long. It might have been there for a few centuries for all he knew, but it mattered not to him. Under the dirt he stood upon was his fragment. Alive, at the moment. The sooner he could meet this fragment, the better. But Burns will not do so unprepared.

No Caption Provided

Burns commanded the storm in the sky to thusly strike him, 3 times over. Allowing Burns his maxmium capacity as he stored the energy inside of himself. The ground below him had glassed overed and seared, while Burns stood there among the steam. He will have to find energy more inside....

The large 7 ft 9 cyborg made his way into the building, seeking entrance to the laboratory. He found the entrance immediately, and as he came upon another door, he ripped it off it's hinges and threw them behind himself, them bouncing off a wall, denting it in the process, as Burn's eyes came to look down the stair case which welcomed him so far without opposition.

No Caption Provided

The "man" would then walk in. Followed by a small cloud which constanly followed him about. As he entered the darkness, it swallowed him completely, as from the perspective of the entrance, he could no longer be seen.

(@doctor_wheatley)

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_burns:

Knock Knock

A constant eerie drop of liquid howled in the black corridors of the laboratory. A constant sound that would hypnotize the shallow minded with madness. The source unknown, the echoing sound was abnormal as it could be heard at every corner. An annoyance that they learned to live with that could not go away. The bruising ache that every drop placed on their twisted minds would grant them the motivation to perform revolting tasks. A constant command that reminded them that this place was an abomination, but what kept them there? If the flesh and mind could tolerate the humorous establishment before them, they would be embraced into the truth that the doctor is welcoming them too. Freedom that the innocent would resent as they fear the trembling power. A distinct freedom that only the doctor knows and wants to spread to the rest of the world.

With the desire to accept those who come to him for help, he watched the newcomer in the darkness. Hundreds of screens and cameras that faintly lit up the hallways with a dim red tint were simultaneously turned on. A light that would give off an cannibalistic instinct to flee as it has shown the amount of concentrated decorations of beauty. Stained walls with aggressively slashed flesh and blood. Insects that were resting were now in a frenzy at the nearest corpse that laid still. Rotting bodies that can be seen as far as the eye can see, there was no number to the bodies, they seemed infinite. Hanging on the ceilings and walls with most of them on the cracking floor. They all laid still, resting. However they can be seen breathing very slowly.

The television screens all changed onto a different station. Broadcasting the appearance of an eyeball that followed their sight towards the walking machine that rung the doorbell. Soon the door would be answered. For now he must wait until the door is fully opened to swallow him whole.

Who's There?

Doctor_Burns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_wheatley:

Burns walked through the halls, a look of complete and utter digust that made his nose crinkle, and caused his face to tense into a permeneant scowl. The grisly seen serving to fill Burns with a growing irritation, no, an anger, at the life seemingly wasted here. It seemed as though from his perspective, it would be far better to end their pathetic, meaningless existence and put them towards better use. He noticed a variety of cameras and other such devices devices which tracked his seemingly every movement, and screens that litered the area.

"I....am Elijah, Maximillion Burns. Some whom know me have taken to simply calling me Doctor Burns, or Burns. To you, my as of yet, unknown entity, I wish to be simply refered to as Burns. I am very simple, and straightforward. You have something, or more someone that I want, among you're herd of sheep whom I want. I respectfully, request that you give to me, a "Jason Edwin." If you would be so kind as to hand him over, I will leave, without question and put forth no information on this place..."

Burns stared at the viewing apartus, awaiting the answer of the thing whom sat behind the lense of the camera.

Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_burns:

A carrying noise was being cast at an alarming rate. Quick paced footsteps were choking the sleeping bodies. The closer the sound came, the heavier the resting bodies began to breath. The bodies did not like this sound, it was a sign of unmistakable danger. Wiggling and gradually trying to escape with their failing attempts. Cracking bones and tearing flesh trying to unbind themselves from their current state. Like souls trapped in rotting bodies. Whispers from the hollowed bodies beautifully harmonized. "~Leeeave. Leave this place. I'm sorry..Just leave." The bodies repeatedly warmed to the man of machines. As the footsteps were coming nearer the louder they got. In a ghastly echo, the whispers gained focus and soon their voices turned into a sirens raging scream. Aimlessly screaming their words cannot be heard with their worn out throats. The blood raging howls were in detestation of this place. Their bodies left on the front porch as a sign. These were the so called survivors. At least the ones that made it the farthest... The unworthy ones that resisted the most were the ones with the most inhumane treatments. Crying their souls out, begging for a death to end their pain. The torturer arrived and they screamed no more.

No movement. The Nurse appeared in front of Elijah. A perfectly normal being that has completely embraced the welcoming arms of the doctor. Arms that gave her internal happiness and beauty. Confidence and power were the rewards of her loyalty. Tilting her head to the side, The Nurse smiled and asked. "To whom do you speak to Mr. Burns?"

Doctor_Burns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_wheatley:

"Silence....."

He says lowly, his eyes locked straight to the door as they take a dim red glow. "I. Said. Silence." He repeats. His eyes glowing a now furiously red as he slowly, looked about at the remains that spread across the area. They would do nothing to sway this being, only annoy him. Something about this stirred him however, it aggrevated him. He kept his voice low. As he murmured "Quiet..." Once more to the unholy organic decor, until he would no longer contain his voice.

"QUIET!!!"

The noise had ceased, and Burn's head turned into a brief blur as it snapped to the nurse. His dimly red eyes locked towards the nurse, as he looked down towards her. "Yes..." He seemingly regained his...composure, so to speak. "If you refer to who I speak of, a man by the name of Jason Edwin. If you refer to whom it is I speak too..." Burns raises his eyebrow as his face remains that of a permeneant scowl "Whoever has him in their possession. I would very much like him back. If you would not mind. Can you bring him to me? Or me to him...." Without warning, the woman would feel something that is not visible, grip her aroujnd the waist and she would be willed into the air for a moment. Bought fourth a few feet, untill she would meet eye to eye, with Burns. "Make no mistake, you Abomination, I have no patience for games. For traps and chases. You are not my daughter. I come not for hide and go seek, or tag. And I am no fodder. And I am no "Hero" who's goal to end whatever it is that occurs here. Give me what I come for, and I will leave."

He would then, she was gentley set towards the ground, Burns awaiting her next action as his eyes still glowed dimly, but somewhat less dim.

And yet still, people call me, an affront to nature....

Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Doctor_Wheatley

@doctor_burns: "Oh boy! You're very charming and handsome Mr Burns! Such energy! The doctor would love to see you!" The Nurse said as he began to immediately walk further into the laboratory. If the machine man would agree with her, it would be the point of no return. Gathering through the darkness, she pushed her efforts to walk through the piling bodies and dusty debris. "I hope you don't mind the mess... The janitors try to keep this place clean, but we get so many customers just like you! So the doctor gets very very busy!" She said in a middle of a dark room that she lead him into. Completely empty. Out of the black mist, a massive hand come forth out of the ground which overshadowed them. In a booming and fragile old voice, The Doctor screamed "HIGH FIVE!" In his current state, he was performing surgery in a bottomless pit of darkness where he had morphed into a seventy feet man of enjoyment. (Sorry for the late and short post... I've been playing runescape D:)

Doctor_Burns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doctor_Burns

@doctor_wheatley:

The woman's response to Burns' outburst, was actually, somewhat offputting. However, it served little to sway him from his objective here. He did indeed agree to follow the woman. The environment around him may have served to be horrifying, and disturbing to most. But the Doctor's own power prevented him from feeling very threatened by the man's demented domicile. Burns did not look back as he followed the woman. Cracks of fragile bone snapping beneath the feet of Burn's heavy chassis as he sifted through dust and debris.

Burns could see very well in the dark, and as the woman brought him into the new room, his eyes trailed upward as a shadow loomed over the two. He looked up at hand that came from seemingly the void,one that dwarfed them both in sized, followed by the rest of the body it belong, a twenty one three three six meter tall man of anorexic appearance. He looked almost undead to the Doctor with his unattractive appearance. However, he knew in a world such as this, seemingly beyond relative logic and consistency, to underestimate this man could prove to be a very grave error.

His voice managed to both be loud, imposing and yet, seem to be that of a frail old man. Burns could only truthfully wonder how on earth the man. He raised his heavy hand towards Burns'. To which, he responded by simply raising his eyebrows, while his hand remained crossed behind his back. Burns lept into the air, his large, seemingly bulky body flipping elegantly over the hand as he descended into the pit below, where the rest of the man lied. His weight and size made it seem as though his landing would shatter the ground, but he seemed to summon a cloud from seemingly nothing, which was in actuality a microscopic swarm of machines that dampened his landing, making a sound of nothing more than a soft clack as his half ton body hit the floor.

Burns watched the man;s surgery, and then looked from patient, to Surgeon. "Forgive me, Doctor" He said with a tone that irked him ,to refer to the other man as such. "But I am not here for mere leasure. I am here with purpose, I am here for a man. You might be aware of him? A "Jason Edwin." There is something I want of him, of his body. Something of value. Now,I respectfully would request you give him to me. And I might be on my way."

Burns face remains calm, but his eyes grow a subtle red, yet his face shows no expression of anger. Or of displeasure. It is only his eyes that say differently.

"If you please..."

(3 Days, compared to 4 monthes? I suppose I can forgive you.)