The American Dream

TornAllegiance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TornAllegiance

Barksdale, Georgia - home of the Wild Dogs, state high school football champions three years running.

"My hometown,"

---

"Coming back here is always hard, because you never know what's changed,"

Allegiance grew up in rural Georgia during a time in American history known as the Red Scare. With communism on the rise - sometimes forcibly - in Asia and Europe, American leaders feared spies and a possible global takeover by such forces. War began to brew, and in 1950 America sailed to Korea en masse for a confrontation with communist powers.

Born in 1947, Allegiance was taught all throughout school about the horrors of communism. Even service at church brought little to no comfort in hearing the propaganda. When his father went to fight in Korea, Allegiance swore to do his part and take up arms the first chance he got.

On the day of his graduation from high school in 1965, he announced that he would sign up for the Army and go fight in Vietnam. He did not expect to find what he did once he arrived, however. For the next five years, he served in combat against the Vietcong and North Vietnamese manning the front lines.

"From there, I can't tell you much. Top secret government projects and everything. But what I can tell you is that I became a super soldier after five years in Vietnam - not because I was used to fighting. You...never really get used to doing something like that. That's why I wanted to learn shield combat so badly. I...I never wanted to fire another gun ever again. Not after some of the things that I saw,"

He became an inspiration to soldiers across the warzone. Wherever he went, Americans were sure to follow close behind knowing that his shield and courage would protect them.

"Then, support at home started to dwindle. We wanted to fight a war like our fathers did in Europe, a war that would change the world. I remember my father saying something before I left,"

"We fought to stop evil people from putting other people into ovens. You're going to fight some poor farmer boy who doesn't want anything to do with you and I don't want you to go,"

"I remember calling him an idiot, among other things that I've since apologized for. We came back in 1975 and the only people who were glad to see us were our families. Some of us didn't even have a family to go back to,"

---

A moment of silence passed. The interview comes to an abrupt stop, as does the filming for the commercial. The small farmhouse overlooking what used to be the family ranch never felt emptier.

---

Allegiance has since fought for truth, justice, and the American way however he could. Soup kitchens, homebuilding, even crime fighting. He has since gained headway as a star superhero among America's favorite masked marauders. But, he has also gained some criticisms.

"A seven foot tall musclebound goon going around punching people? No thanks,"

"His costume is so old fashioned. Those wings are so stupid too, what era does he think he's living in?"

"This ain't 1965 anymore pal, get a life."

---

"Do you believe in equality? After all, coming from a small town in Georgia is bound to have some negative influences on your standing against other races - correct?"

"You're right about having negative influences. Barksdale had its own fair share of Ku Klux Klan meetings. I used to think they were early Halloween parties," a laugh.

"Everything they did, though, was horrible. I would never condone freedom to such an extent. That is borderline anarchy, what they practiced. Vandalizing homes, dragging people out in the streets, marching against love and tolerance. It made me so angry knowing some of those people graduated with me from school. But, I can't stop people from thinking differently I suppose. I can just nudge them in the right direction and hope they take the hint,"

---

No Caption Provided

"Domestic terrorism has been on the rise. People are scared. I believe in gun regulation, not gun control. People should have the opportunity and the right to purchase and own a gun for their protection. People should not be arrested for owning a gun. I've taken bullets in every part of my body at one point or another. It's a terrible thing, painful, nasty, bloody. I'm also a skilled medic because of it all. Guns are dangerous, true, but for those who are worried about their children finding such weapons are entitled to purchase security locks, gun cases, and any number of device suitable for hiding them from their loved ones,"

"Without guns, crime would vanish - your thoughts?"

"If criminals can't rob the nearest gas station with a gun, then they will rob it with a knife. Make knives illegal and they'll rob it with their shoes,"

"Single housewife loses her son because a high schooler shoots up the learning facilities,"

"It is an unfortunate reality that school shootings exist. I will not expressly say that I will outlaw firearms, but I will try to make the lives of students across the nation better. There is someone who cares. There is always someone who cares, and he is fighting for you," an intense glare at the camera, infusing the watchers with hope.

---

"Hypothetical question: if another candidate wins the election and makes what you do illegal, how would you respond? Do you think your actions will affect your popularity with the American people?"

"What I do is live, breathe, and fight for the American people. If they decide they do not want me in office, then I will respect them 100% for it. If their newly elected president wants to stop me from protecting the rights of the people, then that is my problem with the president - not the people. It is the people's decisions that drive this country, not those of a single man or a congress that agrees or disagrees with him based on political parties. If I am voted into office, I want to hear the people's voice, not the voice of someone who thinks they know what their state wants,"

---

"Closing statement: what is the American dream to you?"

"Freedom," a pause.

"But we have to wake up to have it."

Atrocity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

='D Beautiful.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

"Hypothetical question: if another candidate wins the election and makes what you do illegal, how would you respond? Do you think your actions will affect your popularity with the American people?"

LOL Out of the box hypothetical question, was if Obama was asked that? Ha! :P

TornAllegiance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TornAllegiance

@pyrogram:

Meh. Was tempted to put if Doom conquered the world, but we all know he will anyway :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

TornAllegiance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TornAllegiance

@pyrogram:

Feel free to use footage of Allegiance fighting Doombots in the streets of Gothic and call it 'terrorism' or something xD

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already a better president then Obama... and you might not even get elected XD

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Nice work.

Avatar image for crimson_vigilante
Crimson_Vigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9 Feral Nova  Moderator

Should have posted this BEFORE the voting started! Not when it's almost over >.< lol

TornAllegiance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TornAllegiance
Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@allegiance: I should have voted for you!

*Recants decision

Poor you.

TornAllegiance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TornAllegiance

@closure:

I'll take that as a compliment :)

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Legacy_

@allegiance: I like the what you write. Glad you're around :)

TornAllegiance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TornAllegiance