The Academy begins...

Avatar image for vine_prodigies_2_0
Vine Prodigies 2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Class is in, the students have had time to settle and it is now time for the school term to get underway, but there is a darkness hanging over the school Jake and Mistress are being hunted by his sire and on top of the Ferro has a beast living inside him that wants to destroy them all....

Students get together to fight these creatures and bring the team together.

1. You have had time to build your relationships use them to play together
2. All areas are split for all classes except sport where we all come together
3. There is a beastie in Ferro that will come out and cause issue
4. Your first post should be along the lines of class etc.. but those who can, sense something is watching... etc

have fun any questions ask MR or Rina

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ferro Vida

Felix groaned as the sunlight shined down on him through the open blinds of the window.

“To earrrrrly.” He drags himself from the soft, warm sheets of the head boy’s bed began trudging over to the bathroom. He still wasn’t used to his new position, and still couldn’t believe he had been chosen for it. It had only been a few days ago that Nate and Vanessa had left the school. He could still vividly picture the Headmistress telling he and Maya the news, and that they would be taking the jobs. But most of all he remembered the venomous looks he and Maya had exchanged less than a second later. “That whole school unity thing is REALLY coming along now.” The thought dashed through his mind as he closed the bathroom door behind him. Reaching for his toothbrush, he squeezed a dollop of Toothpaste onto it and drowsily began brushing. Finishing, he spat into the sink and filled a small cup with water, gargling with it. Next, he removed his pyjama pants and climbed into the shower.

The warm water running over him almost put him to sleep again. Taking unusually long to finish, he climbed out and wrapped his towel around his waist, stopping for a moment to look in the mirror. His metal body reflected the sunlight so that it danced along his muscular build. He wasn’t looking at that though. He was looking at his eyes. There had been something strange about them ever since he had arrived at the Academy. Suddenly, a shrieking pain took hold of him and he fell to the floor, grasping at his sides. A demonic voice filled his mind. “This is only the beginning...” Then it was over, and he was lying on the floor in his towel, staring at the ceiling. “Oh my god...”

Getting up from the floor and leaving the bathroom, he began putting on his uniform. Going to the mirror, somewhat tentatively, he looked himself up and down and decided that it just didn’t suit him. He glanced over at the clock for a moment. “Oh crap! I’m going to be late!” Dashing towards the door, he pulls his tie off and tosses it back into his room as slams the door shut and rips down the stairs. Okay, okay, okay! Think! Where is your first class?” he thinks frantically while sprinting through the hallway. “Nova!” creating a spike in his hand he jabs it into a stone pillar and swings around it, hurtling around the corner to Professor Nova’s classroom. Screeching to a halt just outside the door, he stumbled on the cobblestones and falls through it. He lands in a heap on the floor. “Um, hey, people. How’s everyone’s mornings been so far?” He picks himself up off the floor and looks around the room as he dusts off his clothes. Seeing the clock on the wall, he curses to himself. “Crap! I’m ten minutes early!”

Getting over it quickly, he scans the people’s faces for any familiar ones in the room so far. He muttered under his breath as his eyes wander from face to face. “Nope, doesn’t look like anyone I know... Oh!” He smiled as he saw that Maya was there. They probably weren't close enough to be called friends, but he had spent more time with her than any other person in his house. "Always better to go with the evil you know on the first day out." Navigating through the desks and chairs loosely scattered across the floor, he made his way to the one next to the Diamond head girl. “Good morning, Maya. How are you?” He looks to the front of the classroom before turning to face her again. “God, I’m glad classes finally started. I was beginning to wonder.” He sat back in his chair, relaxing now that he knows he isn’t late and can sit next to someone he actually knows. The memory of what happened to him earlier that morning comes back, though, and his eyes widen slightly. Once again he turns to face the telepath, more slowly this time. “Uh, Maya?” His voice was tentative. “Can I talk to you about something after class? I, uh, kind of have a problem...” He did not entirely trust his fellow Diamond, but she already knew about his problem and he needed to talk to someone. Before he had a chance to go into greater detail, the bell rang for class to start. “Well, here we go.”

Uchiha NeVann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Uchiha NeVann

In the class room where he would be teaching Vann sat leaned back in his chair spining it back and forth while his leg rested crossed upon his desk. The light from the sun beamed through the window casting the shape and patern of it along the floor. He lifted his feet from the desk and place them on floor before standing and walking over to the window,  an echoed filled the empty class room with each step he took until he reached the window. Placing his arm against the window Vann rested his head on his arm and took in the scenery that Castle Stone provided, as he let out a soft wondering if he could really teach a class seeing he wouldn't be to much older then most of his students.

Wow what did I get myself into this time?

Asking himself this out loud he remember the letter he received from his old friend Gwendolyn known to most as Mistress Redhead. The letter had explained how T.J. Magnum had to leave his position as on of the faculty for reasons undeclosed to the ninja, and how he was choosen to fill the open slot in Opal with Gloom as his colleague. At that time he was excited at the chance of being a professor and seeing that it was for a close friend he quickly accepted the invitation. Once he reached the facility the feeling of uneasy but he brushed it off since he was already well known by most of the faculty like he's fellow Captains of WAL Feral Nova and Obi Wan Kenobi, and most of the students were offsprings of his friends or members of teams he was apart of. He let out a another soft sigh as he turned around and walked back over to his chair, and sitting back down he let the chair spin in a circle a few times before stopping it and picking uphis roster.

So lets what this semester will look like.

He read through the roster look at each picture of the students in Opal, see that they would be the main ones that he would be interacting with this year. As he read through their powers and grades from the perivous semester Vann tried to get a feel of their attitudes and who would be needing the most work. Reading on the alarm of his watch went off, he had lost all track of time preparing himself for the class to began. Closing his roster book Vann sat it on his desk and spun his chair to face the board as he stood up and began to write his name on it.

Ugh! Almost show time and first impression, oh how I hate making first impressions

.Night Fire.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By .Night Fire.
Mathews Rome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mathews Rome

The young Mathews had officially established in the school as a Opal student, Always having in mind the promise he made his mother to make this school work for him. Mathews had the goal of been one of the academy’s best students. The alarm clock started beeping over and over again, but Mathew had already showered and was getting ready for class. Looking at his reflection on his mirror while clipping his lucky tie on he smiles and puts on his glasses. “That’s it!” he turns around and grabs his physics book and comics along with his little backpack and ran out the door headed to the classroom forgetting to turn the alarm clock off. “On to class, bye Loony!” He yells to his pet Chameleon before closing the door.

Mathews wish to be the first student on the classroom in the very first day, he was running on the hallway cutting through the other students “Excuse me going late!, move it or lose it pal, have no time to waste, move out of the way people!” he shouted while he ran and jumped all over the walls evading the student traffic. All the other students were giving Mat the “weird look” as he keeps running to his class room. Matty turns on the corner and keeps running drawing a lot of attention to himself without wanting too. He reaches his classroom but notice the Opal classroom door was still close.

“Huh?”

He checks his program and it seems like he is on the right place. “Lazy teachers.” Mat drops his bag and sits right next to the door waiting for the teachers, he also notice none of the other Opal students are around. “What a bunch of snoozers, if they had gone early to bed they would be here already” sighs, Mathews opens his comic book and begins reading while he waits for the teacher and the students. Little did he know he was in the wrong floor.

Avatar image for desiderina_redhead
Desiderina Redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Annoyed at her mother Rina rolls over in bed and looks at the clock, her alarm had startled her over a lovely dream about Sun Hope. Groaning she swung her legs over the side of the bed and hit the cold floor, she strethced and mussed her hair. Looking around her room she smiled to herself, it was awesome having her own room, as head girl she was allocated her own room and she revelled in holding it over the other kids.. though this was a past time Rina often enjoyed.

Looking at her desk she frowned again, thinking of the conversation she had had with her mother the night before...

Rina, honey.. As head girl you have a responsibility to look after the students under you, as part of taht you need to get them moving in the morning"

Groaning at the memory of her mothers words she jumped down off her bed and headed for the bathroom. After a long shower and a lengthy make up session she came out looking fabulous as always, the dark makeup and goth ensemble often annoying her mother but she liked it and she stuck to it. Heading out into the common room for the rubies she noticed none of them were awake yet. She smiled at this and headed down to breakfast, buggered if she was going to wake them up.

After a decent breakfast she headed back up and saw that most of the Rubies had managed to find their way to class. Smiling to herself she grabbed her books and headed down to Professor Constantines first class, she was not sure what she would be learning but new that it would be interesting. She liked Con, he was a cool guy and she knew him well, often busting each other smoking outside he seemed to respect her and treat her as an adult. Course she would have preferred to be in Obis or Uchis class.. having young teachers was awesome... oh how nice they were to look at, strong ninja and jedi bodies. hmm.. dazing out she bareley noticed as one of the diamonds slammed into her, apologising as they ran off to their class.

Opening the door to the class she stood in the frame for a moment before selecting a seat at the back.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

Stephanie sat on her spinning chair behind her maple wooden desk, it was clean and organized, for now. Things always seemed to be organized the first day of school, then after that, everything goes down the drain. "Lets see how long I can keep this desk clean." She said to herself as sighed, tapping her finger on the desk. It had been a few days since the orientation of the school, were she made her first impression on the students. She prayed it was a good one as she could see the students walk in one by one. She saw some familiar faces and some not so familiar faces. "Please, sit were where ever you like, there is not seating arrangement, unless you give me a reason to give one out." She said with a yawn as she reached up above her, stretching her arms out. She looked up behind her were the class clock was at, it was about ten minutes before the first day of class would start. When she was younger she could remember going to class in high school, she hated high school. She was always picked on because she was always the new girl. Because her parents were traveling all the time because of their occupation, she was always changing schools at least twice a year. She was broken out of her train of thought when foot steps came rushing into her room.

“Um, hey, people. How’s everyone’s mornings been so far?” She turned her head and looked up to see Ferro standing in the door way. From the look on his face, it seemed like he thought he was running late. 

Nova just smiled and shook her head as she stood up from her desk and watched the students speak to each other before class started up. Butterflies began to fill her stomach as the time for class was about to start. Taking a deep breath she walked to the door and slowly closed it, to make sure her class wouldnt be interrupted. As she walked up to her white bored she pulled out a blue board marker and pulled the cap off. The smell of the chemical made her scrunch her nose a little as the school bell finally rang. Facing the class she turned around and smiled as she stood tall, looking down upon the students, the ones who she will be responsible for making sure they turn into fine heroes. 

"Good morning everyone!" Nova said with a smile on her face. "How are you all doing?" She waited a few seconds to hear anyone who would speak up. She then nod her head as she turned to the board. "As most of you already know, my name is Professor Feral Nova." She began to write her name on the board the blue ink making a bold print on it. "But, please feel free to call me Nova for short, whatever you feel comfortable with." She said as she placed the cap back on the marker and turned back to the class. "Now, all of you are here for one reason, to become a hero or to become a better hero while learning how to use your powers to their full potential."  She then walked up to the class, standing in front of her desk. "Also, I would like say, if at anytime, weather it be during school or after school, you need to talk to someone, or if you have a problem with something and you dont know who to talk to, please feel free to come to me. I want you guys to feel comfortable speaking to me about anything that is bothering you, or if you just want to talk. I'm here for you guys, ok?" She then walked up to her desk and picked up the school roster with her left hand and a pen with her right hand while setting down the marker at the same time. "Now, lets take attendance to make sure all of you guys are here." She said as she turned to the clock, it was already fifteen minutes into class, she figured most of her students should be in by now. "Ok, now if I pronounce your name wrong, please tell me." She looked down at the roster once more as she began to read out the names. 

As she called out each name, she waited a few seconds for the students to respond back to her. "Fibra Kenshiki, Jessica Lee James, Ferro Vida, The Time Lord, Light, Maya Lopez, Ultro, Ash Wilson, and Illuminate." She looked around to make sure she didnt forget anyone. She the placed the paper down as she leaned up against her desk a little bit. "Now, in this class, you will be getting some homework." She waited for the students to make some disappointing sighs. "But, its not your typical homework. I wont give you a lot of it, but I expect you to finish it. You will also have tests in this class." She waited for more students to make some sort of complain. "Now since this IS the first day of class, I want to do a small writing assignment while we are in here." She continued to lean back in the desk. "I would like you write out, in your own words." She waited for the students to pull out some paper. "What makes a hero?" She then got up and went to the board as she picked up a black marker and wrote that out. "AND" She began to write something else out. "Why do YOU want to be a hero?" She turned back to the class as she popped the cap back on and set the marker down. "There is no limitation to how much you have to write, I just want your honest answer. Also the only ones who will be reading these are myself and if I feel the need to, also Professor Obi Wan Kenobi. I will NOT read these out to the class, or make you read them out, unless you want to."  She then looked up at the clock and then back at the students who should have started writing by now. Nova then walked back to her desk and sat down on her seat waiting for the others to finish up their writing assignment and turn them in before the bell rings. 
Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Gloom

"Ugh, I hate school," Gloom mumbled as soon as her alarm clock began to emit shrill noises. She rolled around in her bed and hit the annoying piece of technology with her left hand, smiling groggily when the noise ceased. She allowed herself a few more minutes in bed to properly wake up and then proceeded to get up. Opening the black curtains that covered her room's only window, she sighed, knowing that this would be a big day. Twenty minutes later, she had showered, eaten, gotten dressed and prepared everything she needed for her first class. Standing in front of her bathroom mirror, she hurriedly passed a hand through her long, raven hair, which had the amazing ability to behave in the most irksome ways at the most inopportune times. Once her hair had come to look somewhat satisfying, Kate grabbed her papers and left her room.

Katelyn hadn't exactly had the best time in high school. It was the time during which her powers and her personality had developed the most, both of which had made her feel and seem like an outcast. Today, however, she felt different as she walked through the halls of Castle Stone.  Most people still stopped to stare as she passed them by, and perhaps it was because of her snow-white skin, her pitch black clothes and hair or her generally unusual look, but she liked to think that it may also be because of her warm smile, her kind, dark eyes and her uniqueness. She felt surprisingly confident as she strode swiftly to avoid being late, skillfully dodging a football thrown by a Diamond boy to another, waving at the few students she recognized and helping confused students find their way. The latter category included young Matthews Rome, who was patiently waiting for a random classroom to be opened. Katelyn kindly informed him of the fact that he was on the wrong floor and gestured for him to follow her as she finally made her way to her own classroom.

The room was filled with desks, with Opals students sitting at them, excitedly chattering amongst themselves. Gloom walked to the front of the class, where she sat on her own wooden desk instead of her chair and crossed her legs. Silently, she observed the students that had been assigned to her, her silver Ankh hanging from its delicate chain around her neck. Voices turned to whisper, which, in turn, faded away as the teenagers waited for their professor to start the class.

"Um, hello everyone. My name is Katelyn Torres- and here I could make a joke about how I don't want to be called Ms. Torres because that's my mother and it makes me feel old, but I won't- and I'm your professor. Around here, most people call me Gloom, and if you want to, too, that's fine with me. You came here at Castle Stone to complete your studies and master you abilities, and I'm sure you're all looking forward to exciting classes like Self-Defense, Dark Arts, Combat Training, Psionics and everything, but, sadly, Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm sorry to tell you that this is not what we'll be doing today. Learning to use your powers will take time, discipline, perseverance and willpower, and you can be sure that my fellow teachers and I will do everything in our power to help you, but today we are going to start with some simple exercices. But first, let's take the attendances to see who's here and who's still lost and wandering around the castle..."

Some students gave a few polite chuckles and Katelyn felt a huge wave of relief wash over her. Maybe this won't be so hard or scary after all, she thought to herself. After the attendances, the students and Kate alike went through little presentation exercises during which they spoke of their family, their powers and where they came from, so that she could get to know her students better and they could get to know each other and their teacher. Having had a hard time in High School herself, it was very important for her that her students felt at ease with their fellow Opals, and she hoped she could help with that. A few minutes before the end of the class, having gone through everything that she had prepared for her students, Gloom gave in to the requests from some teenagers that she show them her abilities. She roughly explained what her abilities were, trying her best not to make them sound scary or anything, and then proceeded to perform a little demonstration for he whole class, summoning shadow constructs and entertaining the Opals with a few simple spells. When the bell rang and the students began to leave, Katelyn felt pretty happy about how the class had went, and, once everyone but herself had left, she closed the classroom door behind her with a smile on her face.

Ex Machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ex Machina

Ryan sat on the sill of one of the castle windows, watching the sun rise. He hadn't slept a wink during the night, the habits of a thief were not easy to shake off, and so had found himself restlessly prowling the school halls looking for something, anything to grab his attention. He had found nothing, although resisting the urge to pilfer the silverware left out from the meal the school had shared the night before kept him occupied for an hour or so. Now the first rays of the sun touched the castle, illuminating his face with a soft yellow glow that really brought out the striking colour of his eyes and made his hair seem almost green. With a sigh he flicked the butt of his cigarette and headed back to his dorm for his stuff. Inside the Opals were dragging themselves awake for the first day of school, complaining and talking among themselves. Ryan didn't know any of them very well and had no intentions of rectifying that situation. As far as he was concerned the school was a prison, he needed to escape not socialize.

Pulling on a dark hoody over his t-shirt and jeans from the night before he headed out, snatching his bag from the stand by the door as he left. The corridors bustled as first period approached and he found himself falling back into his old habits. Making himself inconspicuous and moving quickly, his head low. Nobody paid him the slightest attention. Spotting the dark haired woman who was one of his house professors he fell into step a few meters behind her, following silently to his first lesson. The classroom was fairly standard, reminding Ryan of those at the Hellfire institute and sending a pang of emotion through his heart. Feeling angry with himself he pushed it away and chose a seat at the back, out of the way of the other students.

"Um, hello everyone. My name is Katelyn Torres- and here I could make a joke about how I don't want to be called Ms. Torres because that's my mother and it makes me feel old, but I won't- and I'm your professor. Around here, most people call me Gloom, and if you want to, too, that's fine with me. You came here at Castle Stone to complete your studies and master you abilities, and I'm sure you're all looking forward to exciting classes like Self-Defense, Dark Arts, Combat Training, Psionics and everything, but, sadly, Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm sorry to tell you that this is not what we'll be doing today. Learning to use your powers will take time, discipline, perseverance and willpower, and you can be sure that my fellow teachers and I will do everything in our power to help you, but today we are going to start with some simple exercises. But first, let's take the attendances to see who's here and who's still lost and wandering around the castle..."

Ryan zoned out during the little speech. He was almost certain that he was smarter than everyone in the room and unfortunately this affected his attitude. After that they each had to give a short presentation on themselves, detailing their family, powers and origins as well as any other bits and pieces they wanted to throw in. When it came to Ryan's turn he got up quickly and moved to the front of the class, feeling everyones eyes on the back of his head.

"My name is Ryan Winters and Im a thief. That means that unlike all of you, I'm here against my will. I dont know anything about my family as I was separated from them at a young age and I don't have any powers. What I do have is a high I.Q and a certain talent for going unnoticed. Anything else remarkable about me is ex machina, from the machine."

He sat back down and the lesson moved on, with Proffessor Gloom performing a few tricks for them with her abilities. Finally the bell and he headed off to second period. Judging from the gossip he was overhearing the professor who ran the next lesson was very young. Interesting, but not as interesting as his previous occupation. Rumor had it that the man had been a shinobi, a freaking ninja before coming to the school. Ryan smiled to himself, maybe he could learn something after all.

Mathews Rome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mathews Rome

Rome was reading his Alter-man comic book while he waits for the Opal teacher to arrive. Mathews was feeling sleepy as he read the comic. The foot steps of a woman approach the young Mathews, he looks up and notice the very dark looking lady and gets a bit frighten at her appearance, the woman looks at him and seem to have notice he was a Opal student. “Little boy are you lost?”  Mathews kept staring at her yet he notice her voice was not what he expected, he expected a evil demonic voice. “I’m-I’m waiting for the teacher to get to the class room, that lazy bum must have overslept” the woman seem to realize matt was in the wrong floor and even if Matt not knowing she was the teacher, he practically insulted her but yet she still help him notice he was in the wrong place. “Oh..” Mathews stands up and grabs his stuff, the lady signals him like saying “Fallow me” and kept walking. Mathews was not a fan of fallowing creepy people but still he felt right about this one, having some distance he fallowed the woman and she walked right into the real Opal classroom.   

Mathews walks to the door and sticks his head in the room. The room was filled with desks, with Opals students sitting at them, excitedly chattering amongst themselves. He then notice the woman walking in front of the class and sit behind the desk, Mathews slapped his forehead, gasped and open his eyes realizing what he had done.  He had called the teacher a lazy bum right at her face.

Mathews gulps and walks in the room holding his backpack wearing blue jeans black T-shirt and glasses, he walks through the back to keep a low profile and sits in the very last seat feeling embarrass because of his late mistake. Mathews sits at the very last desk. “great first day of school and I probably got the teacher mad already.” he thinks to himself while he sat and leans forward putting his crossed arms on the desk and resting his head on them. The teacher seems to be ready to speak and the mumbling students shush awaiting for the teacher to begin class.

"Um, hello everyone. My name is Katelyn Torres- and here I could make a joke about how I don't want to be called Ms. Torres because that's my mother and it makes me feel old, but I won't- and I'm your professor. Around here, most people call me Gloom, and if you want to, too, that's fine with me. You came here at Castle Stone to complete your studies and master you abilities, and I'm sure you're all looking forward to exciting classes like Self-Defense, Dark Arts, Combat Training, Psionics and everything, but, sadly, Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm sorry to tell you that this is not what we'll be doing today. Learning to use your powers will take time, discipline, perseverance and willpower, and you can be sure that my fellow teachers and I will do everything in our power to help you, but today we are going to start with some simple exercises. But first, let's take the attendances to see who's here and who's still lost and wandering around the castle..."

Mathews thought she had said Rome as in Rome his name, Oh! This is going to be a bad day, sooner or later she is going to say something about me calling her a bum.. Why do I have to run my mouth!” Mathews was sweating he was really nervous, he grabs his book bag and grabs a little towel and dries his face “I just had to talk, wait maybe if I behave she might forget about it!” he thought .

“Mathews Rome”

“Ah! What?”  he shouted out loud after hearing his name, the whole class room laugh at his reaction. “Attendance dummy” said a boy next to him. Mathews growls at the boy that had called him a dummy but then remembered he had to keep a low profile. he stands up,

“Uh! Right attendance" *scratch his head* "Hi I am Mathews Rome….. Uhh .. I come from the school for the gifted but before that I was home school in new Jersey, I was transfer here because people don‘t like me.. Yea.. Any questions?.. No?... good.” Mathews sits.

"proceed miss Gloom." he says to the teacher smiling.

Rome then puts the towel on his lap and sits very straight like a good boy, if it was a cartoon the angel crown would pop up above his head. “Lets hope it worked.” after attendanceMathews was more concern about finding a way to take back what he had said that he almost forgot the teacher was talking until she began performing some magic tricks “Wow! Awesome!” shouted Mathews as he clapped after been surprised by the trick. because of the tricks and amazement in class Mathews didn’t even remembered what he was so worried at first, the tricks had ease his easily distracted mind he was actually enjoying the class.
Fae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fae
"Dad! Dad! Come here-- quick!"

"What is it, Jamie?"

"Look, in the sky! There's a... what is it-- a huge dragonfly up there! It's flying really fast! Dad, do you see it? It's colorful and pretty!"

Miles above, high in the clear, sunny sky, Elizabelle sighed. She was starting to feel pretty exhausted, having been flying for hours on end. Her four dragonfly wings, outstretched to allow her to glide on air current, reflected the light of the sun and, depending on the angle of sight, would sometimes project small rainbows around her. The Faerie's wings were not the only colorful thing, however, as her luminescent hair, blowing in the air as she flew, changed color subtly every now and then. According to the directions she had been given by the headmaster, a vampire named Gwen, she should be near the castle by now. Under Belle, land turned to liquid as she flew over a large body of water. Then, all of a sudden, she saw it. Standing right in the middle of the lake, on a tiny island, was the magnificient Castle Stone.

Elizabelle landed by the main gates, carefully taking out her enrollment papers before entering her new home. Due to her having been previously too busy to come, it had been agreed upon with Gwen that she could arrive on the first day of class, unlike her fellow students who had come a few days prior. After a quick stop by the headmistress' office to make sure that everything was in order, Fae made her way to the Opals girls' dormitories, not without stopping to ask her way a couple of times. By the time she reached her destination, nearly everyone was up, and Belle chatted with a few of her new classmates as she settled down, unpacking her few belongings. Once that was done, she left the room with some other Opals girls, who happened to be going to the same class she was to attend.

In the hallways, the Faerie felt increasingly uneasy as several people stopped to stare and whispered as she walked by. For a moment, she was tempted to magically hide her wings with a simple glamour, but she decided not to. This was a place for special youngsters to learn about their abilities without being ashamed of them after all, was it not? Following other Opals, Fae reached her classroom and entered it. As she chose a desk in the middle-left section of the class, she noticed a woman sitting on the front desk. She looked perfectly gloomy, her Gothic garments matching her pitch black hair and eyes. For a split-second, Liz thought perhaps this would be the most boring class ever. After reflection, however, she realized that she shouldn't judge her teacher solely on her looks, much like she had been judged as she had walked through the school. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, she patiently waited for the class to start. After a few minutes, the excited students' voices died out and, for a moment, there was nothing but silence. It was then that the professor began to speak:

"Hello everyone. My name is Katelyn Torres- and here I could make a joke about how I don't want to be called Ms. Torres because that's my mother and it makes me feel old, but I won't- and I'm your professor. Around here, most people call me Gloom, and if you want to, too, that's fine with me. You came here at Castle Stone to complete your studies and master you abilities, and I'm sure you're all looking forward to exciting classes like Self-Defense, Dark Arts, Combat Training, Psionics and everything, but, sadly, Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm sorry to tell you that this is not what we'll be doing today. Learning to use your powers will take time, discipline, perseverance and willpower, and you can be sure that my fellow teachers and I will do everything in our power to help you, but today we are going to start with some simple exercices. But first, let's take the attendances to see who's here and who's still lost and wandering around the castle..."

The woman seemed pretty nice and Elizabelle listened intently as her fellow Opals introduced themselves one after the other. Before she could think about what she would say, Fae's turn came and her classmates stared quietly as she stood up.

"Um, hi, I'm Elizabelle. I'm not entirely human, as most of you have probably noticed. I come from France, where I lived with my mother, but my dad was from Faerie, making me half-Fae. I have some magical abilities, like casting illusory glamours, commanding the forces of nature and summoning jinxes. That's pretty much it... if you want to know more you'll just have to come and ask!"

She smiled, relieved that this part of the class was over. Fae sat back down and listened to those who hadn't introduced themselves yet. Once every student had spoken, professor Gloom spoke a bit about herself and her own abilities, which, in all honestly, scared Elizabelle, who had never seen a necromancer before. The class ended with the teacher performing some tricks with her powers and, although it wasn't too impressive for a girl who had lived for years in the magical land of Faerie, Belle appreciated the woman's good intentions. With that, the class ended and Fae left the classroom with the other Opals. As she made her way to her next class, professor NeVann's, Elizabelle couldn't help but smile at the perspective of spending an entire year in this extraordinary place. Belle stopped by a window, which let the sunlight into the rocky castle, and, as she stood there, her wings glowing in the rays of sunshine, she felt it.

She was at home.