That house

_Stretch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Stretch_

That house. That house which sat alone in a dusty field for ages. Where is it? That isn't important. Why is it still there? Not important either. What is important however, is who is lurking behind those tattered curtains. The grey skinned man who creaks upon the dusty floorboards, the Rumor.

The first story of that house dated all the way back to the 1800's, a man finding himself there in refuge from a dust storm. And there is where he met the Rumor, who told him tales that related to the man's life. For you see, this is where the Rumor usually meets with mortals, to regale rumors to them, rumors they might need to hear.

That house is quite simple to find...If you are searching for rumors that is, searching for a start to a puzzle, or answer. If not, this house will be nothing more than a myth. Be warned though, the Rumor is a very old soul, he is always in between having complete patience or no patience at all.

There is all but one rule once you step inside that ancient, lonely and dark house...

• You have no choice but to whisper.
CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

BADASS

That's some twilight zone stuff there

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*RUNS in the house and yells*

Awesome place rumor.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[ Coolness. ]

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@the_rumor: (ok who else wants to know what happens if you yell, cuz i really want to know!)

_Stretch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You misunderstand. You can't do anything but whisper in the house. An unbreakable rule.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_rumor: oh i so wish my deadpool character didnt have his post limit or i would so come into the house and yell. but tell me what does one get by coming here and how does one know to come here even if he/she is/has been searching for a rumor, a puzzle, or an answer?

_Stretch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Stretch_

@kidman560: Usually presents itself in the form of a rumor, of course. Whether they hear it in a dream, or from a mysterious stranger. Could even be the Rumor himself whispering to them, knowing they seek clarity.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kidman560

@the_rumor: whoa! ok i'm sold this place is legit

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Amaranth

"Rumor.." He whispered as he stepped through the door. "You called?"

_Stretch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Stretch_

@amaranth_strix:

"thestrixalegendatitanseeksanswersthatskullthosementhesuitsthebusinessknightstheknightdarkness..."

Rumor slowly walked down the broken stairs, his cloak instantly taking shape of something similar to what Amaranth's people wore on mars, of course all black and grey. "Always nice to see an old face...Amaranth.." Rumor whispered back, giving him an assuring nod before waltzing towards the dust ridden chair.

"Please...Take a seat.."

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_rumor:

"Mmmm." He frowned at Rumor's shifting garb but said nothing as he set.

_Stretch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Stretch_

@amaranth_strix:

"I know..I know..And I apologize, you know my clothes take the likeliness of the mortals around me.."Rumor could see the ancient's expression, while tracing his slender grey finger along with garbs. "Amaranth the Strix...Rumors flow to me that have a certain tone to them, a tone that belongs to your blood. Tales of the dead, disrupted by modern sciences and humanity. You know more than most mortals today, that I can never reveal what is the truth, but obligated to spin rumors. Let it be known now, that I am not responsible for the way you react for what I have just told you..Twas something you were meant to hear.."

Rumor placed his fingers against his pale lips, seemingly distressed himself. He knew the Strix would use this to chase the rumor...And the powers that be help the souls at the end of it.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_rumor:

"I see."The ancient warrior leaned back in his chair. "It must have been important for you to call me from so far away."Extending an armored hand, he whispers."What is this rumor, then?"

_Stretch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix:

"Rumor has it..Something or someone treads upon something that belongs to your brother. Their purpose? I cannot say. They seek something that your kin can only give..After death. This is all I can tell you."Rumor whispered while taking his finger and tapped his head three times, as if another hint to his mysterious words. "Amaranth..From my own words now, please..What ever you find with this new clarity, remember that your actions will have consequences either way.."

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_rumor:

Amaranth's eyes narrowed as he stood. "If this is true.." He never finished his sentence, as he stormed from the building.

_Stretch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Stretch_

@amaranth_strix: "Amaranth!" Rumor spoke in a harsh whisper, raising his hand as if trying to stop something he could not. But it was too late, the gears have been put into motion.

_Higgins_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Higgins_

Quack

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"I am the night, I am vengeance". With that whisper, everyone sh!ts themselves. The end