#1 Posted by Temple_Exile (8 posts) - - Show Bio

In a small nook of a mountain range in Tibet, there is a monastery. It is now known only as Temple Exile, aptly named by those who had self-exiled themselves in a manner from the Strigidae and Arcani fold. Once upon a time, it was at one time a functioning splinter cell of monks who had dedicated their lives to the study of the Strigidae, not their methods, not the Arcani Arts, but the Strigidae themselves. Extensive records were kept throughout history, detailing available and attained information of those who had entered the fold.

As early as nine years ago, all those in residence at the temple simply disappeared. All personal belongings and more importantly, all records, were left behind. Through her extensive research into the history of the Strigidae, the woman known as Cat Savage came across mentions of this temple. Launching an exploratory mission made of only herself, she discovered the temple, only to find that all records were in a room that was protected through mystical means.

There was a library of texts that were not related to the accounting of the Strigidae and it was there that she found the text that led her to Myrmidon, the original of the self-exiled. She and Vaughn managed to find him and the three were all too happy to ally causes, taking Temple Exile as their own.

The temple itself is a mix of mundane, mystical and mutant. Protected both by technology, ancient seals that had been crafted into it and the immense earthbending powers that Myrmidon was host to, the three had found a base of the utmost privacy and protection.

Rules of the thread:

• This is not a closed location, per say, but it has a very specific purpose for the main three characters who will be using it (Vaughn, Cat, Myrmidon). If your character has a very good reason for being here, feel free to approach
  • Do not just godmod your way here. It's protected through enchanted seals, technological cloaking and is able to shift its location due to Myrmidon. It should take great effort to find it, let alone broach the walls
#2 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

[ Nth-Level Badass ]

#3 Posted by Pyrogram (35020 posts) - - Show Bio

Badass! :D

#4 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

(Awesome)

#5 Edited by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio

(insert grumpy cat meme here)

#6 Posted by Cat_Savage (316 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio

Dressed in an onyx colored micro-aquatically insulated body suit with his customized hydro-pack and hilts, Vaughn curiously wandered throughout the esoterically designed temple. Rich with Strigidae heritage and historical decorum, the abandoned monastery held a symbolically cultured heir of disciplined patrimony.

#8 Posted by Strigidae_23 (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by Pyrogram (35020 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: Myrmidon is gonna go Omega Arcani Telepath hunting one of these days >.>

#10 Edited by Cat_Savage (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaughn_jackson: Clad in her signature leather jacket, form fitting pants and favored leather boots, Cat slipped out from the shadows. Her gaze was hooded as she walked up beside Vaughn, her hands tucked in the pockets of her jeans. The gravitas and history of this place still astonished her, humbled to be in the presence of such history, all while it only fueled her anger and drive. "It's something, isn't it?"

#11 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: [ The Arcani have no Omega level telepaths. Their highest is an Alpha, Albert. And due to his deteriorating body he can't push himself. ]

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (35020 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix: ( If Myrmidon ever finds Albert's location the guys in trouble! )

#13 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Pyrogram (35020 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix: (You know. Ivana better never get left alone, Torture scene for information >.>)

#15 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: [ That's true. She'd torture the hell out of Myrmidon. ]

#16 Posted by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@cat_savage: "It feels sacrilegious to be here, I dont know." Looking around with an introverted posture. On guard as if at any moment the monument could turn against them. Curbing his discontent, Vaughn carefully tempered his emotions, though he would not hide the fact that he was here only for Cat. The legends and secrets of the Strigidae exiles were theirs to do with as they pleased. Vaughn held little interest in furthering his tutelage. The days of obsessively studying the ways of the Myrmidon had faded. Only the desire to live a normal life away from the complications of being a mutant remained.

#17 Posted by Pyrogram (35020 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Pyrogram (35020 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: (not sure. I was operating under the assumption that you would spring up at the temple while we were walking around)

#20 Posted by Pyrogram (35020 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

(Another hard place to find xD)

#22 Posted by Cat_Savage (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaughn_jackson: (goddammit, stop making me feel so guilty D:)

Her eyes darted from him to the window that overlooked the mountain that they stood atop. At the peak position, their line of sight extended miles in all directions. There was a sadness in her, knowing that he was here for all the wrong reasons and her body posture echoed that sentiment as her shoulders hunched slightly. "After everything, you're here."

Settling momentarily on the window seat, Cat looked out at their view and then up at him. "My mom's out there somewhere, and she's out there because of the Strigidae. I won't apologize for the path that I'm taking. I don't know anything else, everything has always lead back to them, I can't pull out of that. But if you can....do it." It had been him who had discovered the Myrmidon sect all those years ago and she had hated it from the beginning, as it had pulled her from her dedication to continuing up the line and surpassing her mother, proving her worth. It was somehow tragically ironic that now the tables were turned.

@pyrogram: (whatever works best for you, I had it headcanoned that we'd met up already)

#23 Edited by Pyrogram (35020 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@cat_savage: Turning to rest his back against the hand sculpted wall bracing his left foot up along with it in flamboyant nonchalance Vaughn questioned, "And what do you think your mother would want you to do Cat? Live your own life, a free life? Or follow after her only to take her place. To follow the dogmatic philosophies of the Strigidae? Cause if its the latter then forget her." propelling himself forward placing a gentle finger in her chest. "Sooner or later gurl you're gonna have to start living for you. Or you'll find yourself dying for someone else."

#25 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

Myrmidon the oldest and most deadly living renegade of the Arcani ominously strode throughout of this esoterically hidden temple. His right palm gripping an armored left wrist behind of his back. The Vespa Vanguard made his way outside. His elusive crimson mask flipping up revealing an uncharacteristically coy face, times where weary. The Arcani grew stronger daily. Myrmidon knew this. His gigantic seven foot frame stood idol like a statute simply peering into the distance awaiting something...anything. His apparent allies nowhere to be found.

#26 Posted by Cat_Savage (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaughn_jackson: "Stop being so wise...I don't like that." She teased him as she took his words into consideration. His was the only counsel that she would put on par with his own, but the sentiments weren't enough to make her drop this. They were enough to make her reevaluate. A dismantling of the Strigidae order would result in the death of all those involved, but answers....answers were what she'd get from this. "What if I choose answers? Not death, not decimation...answers?" She pulled him in momentarily, planting a quick kiss. "I need to know what happened to her, that's not just something I can leave unturned, Vaughn. And I don't know how easy it is to just shut down what I've done my entire life."

#27 Posted by _Animus_ (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a southern air temple meets Croatoa vibe.

#28 Edited by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5081 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Cat_Savage (316 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@myrmidon_: (lol I kinda thought so but then your post seemed like it wasnt connected so I wasnt sure)

#32 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5081 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by _Animus_ (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

@cat_savage: ...I think I'm gonna flip my rpg to find this lol Great job

#34 Posted by 614azrael (10304 posts) - - Show Bio

Finds it via bad assitude

Ends barriers via kick assitude

Blows it up!

(awesome job friendos)

#35 Posted by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@cat_savage: Vaughn wanted to believe, wanted to pretend that the path they had chosen would lead to nothing more then answers. But deep down he knew better. Still, his heart belonged to Cat and so to his commitment to helping obtain some semblance of resolution. He could only pray that it would not mean the death of them all. "I understand Cat." smiling as they shared a momentary scene of affection."So where do we start?" he asked with a cramped smirk.

#36 Edited by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@myrmidon_ said:

@vaughn_jackson: (He's just not seen you since, let's say)

(comes out of nowhere and highjack tosses Myr off the ledge down the mountain)

YOU SEE ME NOW!!!!???!!!

#37 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaughn_jackson: I can move the entire area. I'll just catch myself or something with some rocks xP

#38 Posted by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaughn_jackson: And from that day forwards. Vaughn_Jackson was destined to die by Myrmidons hands.

#40 Posted by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaughn_jackson: I won't give you a great death though. I'll just put your head up your ass.

#42 Posted by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@myrmidon_: Leave your Creed motel games out of this lol

#43 Posted by Cat_Savage (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaughn_jackson: @myrmidon_ "We start with our newest cohort." Her voice was heavy, as was her heart, as she gracefully strode through the halls of the temple, which still needed to be thoroughly explored. A brusque mountain wind whipped through the courtyard, as Catriona and Vaughn strode forward, walking side by side to meet with the fabled Myrmidon.

@_animus_: much appreciated, been looking to do something to get things stirring.

#44 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaughn_jackson: I'd saying something but we both know I'd end up deleting it afterwards :P

#45 Edited by Cat_Savage (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I leave you alone for five minutes...

#46 Posted by _Animus_ (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@cat_savage: (I'll let Mister Blue post too then I'll respond)

#48 Edited by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@myrmidon_: @cat_savage: Vaughn walked alongside Catriona carefully mapping out their path. Cataloging the obscure differences in atmospheric texture.The severe elevation would have been crippling to a normal human yet barely registered within the oxygen saturated lungs of the Strigidae Sinner. A strong sense of excitement resonated between the two as a second introduction with the Myrmidon was close at hand.

#49 Posted by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio

I leave you alone for five minutes...

lol dont blame me, he wanted to violate me. No wonder the Strigidae kicked him out :P

#50 Posted by Connoisseur (6559 posts) - - Show Bio

This is some badass ish.