Take me Away: Octagon Freak vs. Light

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Octagon Freak
Strange shapes light up the night. Never seen them though I hope I might. Dont ask if they are real. The men in black, their lips are sealed. Fantasy it fills my mind. To leave this place before my time. Release myself from earthly care. My dream may be your nightmare...

Octagon couldn't sleep. It was just before midnight, and he was trying to sleep away the day in his apartment. The people didn't seem to like the idea of living next to a metahuman. But Octagon wasn't even a human, so he decided that they didn't know what they were talking about. Mostly, he just ignored them. But the more he thought, the more he became awake. He rolled out of bed, and walked outside.

I turn my hopes up to the sky. I'd like to know before I die. Memories will slowly fade
I lift my eyes and say, come on, take me away. Come on, take me away. Come here, girl, close to me. A thousand stars your eye can see. First star we see tonight
I wish I may I wish I might...

Octagon teleported up to the roof. He laid back in a lounge chair he'd put up a few weeks ago. He looked out over the city, with it's lights glowing softly. The dark night sky added a nice contrast to the soft glow of the city. But Octagon couldn't see any stars. The city was too bright. Octagon loved the stars, though. They reminded him of his home planet, and of his destiny here on this one. Octagon looked up and saw a star though... It was unusual, but Octagon assumed it could happen. He gazed longingly into it, as if it was a beacon of hope. But Octagon noticed something. The star was getting bigger.

"What the..." Octagon's voice trailed off. The star lowered down, and was just above him in seconds. It was then that Octagon noticed that it wasn't a star, but some sort of space ship. It was humungous, and it had lots of weapons and things. A large hole opened in the bottom, and a beam of light shot out. Slowly, Octagon and his lounge chair floated into the air. He zoomed up quickly to the space craft, and the light was blinding. Octagon felt weak, and he fell unconscious.

I turn my hopes up to the sky. I'd like to know before I die. Memories will slowly fade. I lift my eyes and say, come on, take me away. Come on, take me away...
Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Light

He was in hot pursuit of a known Terrorist,  Derek Ward,  when it happened.  First there was darkness. Then a blinding white light. And then darkness once again. Or at least that's how Light remembers it.   No man tells the same tale. As Light awoke he found himself in a chamber. across from him was another chamber with large, greenish creature. Its eyes were  glowing a dark purple. Some would describe it as a luminescent black. Light caught himself staring at the being and the being recognized this and turned away. Light turned and began to study his cell. It was lit by a dim blue light. The walls glowed a greenish blue, and there was a cot in the back. Next to the cot was a mirror. Light walked over to it and saw that he was no longer dressed in his fine suit. Now he was in what seemed to be jail garbs. His shirt was torn and his pants were holy. His feet bore no type of outerwear.

A knock was heard on the bars of his cell and he turned to meet what looked like one of the guards. The broad man open the cage and Light tried to send him flying back with pure gravitational force. To his shock nothing at all happened. Realizing he was somehow zapped of his powers he charged at the guard.  Leaping into the air he gave the large alien a brutal series of kicks to the face. The man hit the ground with a loud thud  and Light took off.

He had no idea where he was going but still he ran. Another guard popped around the corner and Light danger sense went off. he ducked and the large metal pipe the guard swung hit the wall hard, leaving a dent the size of Shaq's foot. Light delivered floor sweep to the man and then continued running. His danger sense rang off again but this time he was too slow, 10,000 volts shot through all his veins. His body shook violently and two guards hefted him up and carried him over to a chair and sat him down hard. Still paralyzed Light was forced to sit and wait for another alien, the leader of the facility to emerge from hiding. Suddenly, a long lanky man like alien walked right up to Light and undressed him with his eyes. Light spoke up, "If you want my number all you have to do is ask." The alien became confused and slappped 007 with its long hand out of frustation. "Kinky." The  agent said, determinded to annoy the creature. It delivered another smack to his already red skin. Light thought to himself, "This is gona be a long night..."  

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Octagon Freak

When Octagon woke back up, he was in a dark cell. His vision slowly became clear, and he could see that someone was coming in through the door. A large, rugged looking creature slumped into the cell. His feet made dull thuds as he made his way up to Octagon. With a large, strong hand, the creature grabbed Octagon's arm and hauled him to his feet. Then another brute came to the door. The first creature turned around to face the new arrival. They traded a few "words" that Octagon had no knowlege of. Their language was strange. There were throat gurgles and growls, but there were some recognizable noises in there. Octagon had learned a few foreign, alien languages on his home planet, and this sounded similar to something he knew. It sounded like they were talking about another person that was causing trouble. Octagon could also understand something about, not letting "this one" out of sight.

Octagon knew that he was in trouble at that point, and the brute turned its attention back on Octagon. He tried to teleport away from him, but it was to no avail. Octagon realized that his powers were being dampened and he would have to rely on his strength and natural skills to save him. His equipment was gone, but he had still kept his hood. They must not have liked what they saw when they took it off, and had put it back. The large alien drug Octagon to his feet and pulled him into the hallway. He followed the alien until he could come up with a plan for escape.

After a series of confusing hallways, the creature and Octagon came up to a blue disk on the floor. When they stepped on it, they were instantly teleported to another part of the ship. They walked around a corner and stopped at a door with a sign over it. Octagon recognized this one, and it said, "Experimentation." Thinking quickly, Octagon yelled in pain, and began digging under the brute's grasp. Obviously, Octagon was valued as an experiment and they didn't want to harm valuables. The beast releashed his grasp, giving Octagon the time he needed to act. He jumped into the air and landed on the beast's shoulders. Using the wall as leverage, Octagon shoved the brute forward. Being too big to hold his balance, the creature fell onto his belly. Octagon slid to the floor and dove forward, kneeing the creature in the back. After a cracking sound, the beast howled in pain. Octagon flipped one of its arms behind its back, and twisted it up towards the shoulder.

Even if the beast was incredibly strong, Octagon was guessing it didn't have the leverage to pull its arm back. Pulling with all of his might, Octagon finally broke the creature's shoulder. The brute once again howled and rolled around and kicked like an angry bull. Octagon grabbed the thing's neck and rode the storm out as long as he could. The alien's arm's were too big to reach around and grab Octagon, so he knew he would be safe. Grabbing the thing's neck, Octagon ripped hard to the right. A sickening crack emerged from the creature and after a few moments, it laid still. Octagon rolled off of the hulking monster's back and looked around the hallway they were in. There was, what appeared to be, a camera eying him. Quickly, he picked up a weapon that the creature was carrying and fired it at the camera. Although troops would probably be on their way, Octagon felt like taking revenge.

Keeping the gun he'd found, Octagon began walking back to the blue pad. He stood for a moment, but he didn't teleport. Turning back, Octagon surveyed the body of the beast he'd killed. He found a security card, and took it as well. Octagon ran back to the teleporter, and phased back to where he'd started. There was only one problem. When he appeared, Octagon was surrounded by several of the hulking alien things.

"Oh crap...," was all that Octagon could mutter before he was knocked out by a powerful, overhead swing. They dragged Octagon down the hallway, and threw him in another cell. Removing all the items he'd acquired, the aliens tossed him in the corner of his new home. Then the guards turned their attention to the overhead announcement. In plain English, the voice resonated into Octagon's cell.

"We have a proposition for you. We only wanted to figure out how the body of a being from Earth worked. Since there are two of you causing trouble, we've prepared a solution. In a few minutes, each of you will be given your items that you arrived with. Then you will be transported to a special, fighting arena in the ship. Whomever walks away the victor will be teleported back to Earth. The other will be subject to study and testing."

The voice trailed off, as Octagon nodded in and out of consciousness, but he'd gotten the gist of it.

"Great...," he mumbled.

Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Light

Light had been released from the chair and was being equipped with his items. Six guards huddle around him as he dressed, assuring no more out bursted by the agent. The aliens refused to return his clothing to him, obviously intrigued by the properties of cold steel. He couldn't blame them, the organism was remarkable, plus the organism had already formed so there was no chance of them replicating the substance anyway. They provided him with some alien garb that the combat trainers used. Or at least thats what they told Bond. There were a pair of red and white guantlets with diamond encrusted knucks. The tunic was of the same color scheme, with a glowing orb in the middle. "The orb will allow you to use your powers inside all facilities on the ship."   The pants were leathery, spandex like, similar to super hero clothing. and the shoes matched the pants, they were long like boxing shoes, with a long red streak alongside the outer end of the shoe that connected to the streak on the pants.

Once Bond was dressed in the provided attire they slapped the energy cuffs upon his wrist and guided him to the arena. As he walked the agent decided to practice with his abilities a bit , levitating random objects and generating small winds.  As another guard walked by the entourage that accompanied 007, he created a small puddle directly in front of his walking path. As the guard turned his head to eye the heavily guarded human his foot lost control and he slid forward. As his feet eventually flew out from under him, the guard came crashing to the ground and the entourage was momentarily stunned by this turn of events. The opportunity rose for 007 to make another escape attempt but he was much more interested in seeing who this other "troublemaker" was on the ship. Medics rushed to the wounded guards aid and the entourage continued moving. They stopped in front of a small circular pad. It glowed a flourescent green and reminded him of the orb donned upon his chest. 

One guard disabled the cuffs while another budged him. The budge was more like a stiff shove as Light stumbled forward and onto the pad. He turned and caught a glimpse of one guard's face, her smirk was so wide you'd think it was painted on. Suddenly James felt a rush of intense heat, then a chilling feeling and the next thing he knew he was no longer in the space ship. Dusting himself off the agent looked around at his surrounding and smirked. "Arena? Hmph. More like coliseum." He said as he got a feel for the ground, trying to determine the material. Another voice chimed in. The words resonated throughout the area. "Thats right earthling. A coliseum. We decided that, since its our first species vs. species bout in the arana we should spice things up a bit. Thus the reasoning for the sheer size of this battleground. And this isn't the only surprise we have in store for you two." Bond looked up with an quizzical look etched upon his skin. "What was that? I'm sorry... My ears tend to block out cliched dialogue." The voice spoke with a tone of malice. "Its amazing that you ever hear yourself talk." 

Bond chuckled too himself. That quiet chuckle was overshadowed by a thunderous roar as a crowd emerge from the stands. THe cheers rang out and Bond simply smiled. "I do better with a cheering section. Even if there holograms."                          
Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Octagon Freak

After a few minutes, Octagon regained his composure and was able to stand on his own. Two gaurds walked into the cell, and tossed a his equipment in. After he'd put that on, he donned his cowl over it, and snapped his bandolier around his waist and tossing the strap over his shoulder. There wasn't much purpose in it, because they'd taken his knives and other supplies. Among the supplies that belonged to him, there was one foreign object. It looked like a green, snap-on type, outdoors light. Or one you might stick on the inside of your closet. Octagon fumbled with the object and then applied it to his chest. It held firm. Octagon figured it would give him use of his powers for a time.

Two bigger guards came in. They were substantially taller and meatier. They grasped Octagon's arms and drug him from the cage. Apparently, they'd seen the video footage and were not taking any chances. At the end of the hallway of cells was a greenish-blue light pad. They shoved Octagon onto it and he disappeared.

Moments later, Octagon found himself in a large, open area. There were a few structures jutting from the ground and walls. They didn't appear to be all that sturdy, but Octagon figured he could use them in a time of need. Taking a closer look, Octagon found random piles of trash and debris lying around. Apparently they were dumping their trash into the coliseum for entertainment. One fan threw what appeared to be a soda bottle on the ground, nearly hitting Octagon. This was some kind of spectacle with rude spectators. The PA system crackled to life and a cheesy commentator's voice rang out across the arena.

"Goooooooood evening ladies and gentlemen! This evening we have the greatest spectacle in fighting since Galthorpe defeated the mighty Noobenkuk! Here are two exotic creatures from the planet Earth! Tonight they will be your entertainment!" he paused for a moment, and continued with, "Competitors! 3... 2... 1... FIGHT!!!!!"

The crowd roared thunderously while Octagon was trying to figure out how the alien was speaking English. But Octagon's attention was stolen by the other competitor in the coliseum. Octagon took a few steps forward to get a better look. His opponent looked like a cheesy, '80's superhero. Octagon laughed softly to himself and then flew into action.

Teleporting to the highest platform in the stadium, Octagon stared down at his opponent. While forming an orb of dark energy in his hand, Octagon yelled,

"Hey bud, nothing personal!" and then he tossed the explosive orb at his opponent. After waiting for a few moments, Octagon jumped from the platform and hurled an arc down to back up his first attack.

"This looks like it's going to be a good one, folks!" the commentator bellowed.

Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Light

After the three two one go Light was still hamming it up to the fake audience. The roars that resonated from the stand enticed him, gripped his attention by throat and strangled it. He was oblivious to all else around him. Interestingly enough, the hold was loosened a spiraling orb of pure darkness found Light's torso and slammed into it, exploding upon impact. The initial blow lifted the agent off his feet and he coughed up blood. The explosion tossed Bond 30 feet away from where he was standing. His body floated through the air like a rag doll and tumbled along the ground a bit before crashing into the wall of the stadium, which brought him to a stop. There he lay unconscious and confused. 007 couldn't help but wonder as to why his Danger Sense at least alerted him to the oncoming energy attack.

What bothered him even more was that the man or woman behind that attack was amazingly powerful indeed. A shadow of their power was felt inside that orb and if that small demonstration did what it did to Light, only his imagination could fathom a fully charged blast and its undoubtedly lethal effects. The agent knew one thing, he would need to be on his guard. Another attack like that may put him in a position where he's helpless to do anything to save himself. Lifting himself off of the ground he stumbled at first but then eventually regained his composure. As soon as he took a step forward and arc of energy slammed him right back into the wall. His spine was on the brink of shattering and he felt himself losing consciousness. His body fell limp as it escaped the crater. He caught himself as he hit the ground and struggled in a pushup position. His arms shook unable to sustain the weight of his body. A faint laugh emanated from the agents lips as he shrugged off the discomfort and stood on his feet.  

His eyes were barely working. Breathing required great effort, each breath required the flexing of his lungs. His damage was wildly severe. The smirk etched into his skin was almost sinnical, this was not the same man. As Light took a step forward a loud snap was heard. And with each step a silver-black energy orbited his arms. Soon it engulfed his entire bodycompleting morphing this once handsome man into a shadowy monster. His voice boomed, rivalling that of the announcers as he charged at the opponent. "The likes of me and my power will destroy you being of darkness. Harnessing the shadows as a power source is impressive indeed but nothing in comparison to my cosmic power. Emerging from constant gravitational repulses I generate the universes energies to do my bidding. These energies bend to my will, branching into other energies and creating whatever I please. Bare witness to omnipotence in the flesh ." The monster that was Light roared and two rips formed on either side of his hooded opponent atleast 10 feet away from him. THey shined brightly and began to transform into what looked likr miniature suns. The heat resonated throughout the coliseum and the stage was set a flame. "Tell me opponent, have you ever seen a supernova? Would you like to?" The star on the right began to radiate and throb. Eruptions spewed from the surface and volcanic molten rock flew all over the arena. Some flying at the hooded figure. For his final showing Light pointed a finger at the target and a thin, white beam ejected from the finger and headed straight for the him in hopes of burning a whole through his heart. 

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Octagon Freak

Looking pleased with his attack's success, Octagon was just about to jump down and follow-up on his first attack. But something in his gut told him not to, and as it turns out, his gut was right. The human that Octagon had been fighting turned into a shadow-shrouded beast. Shadow and power caressed the being's body. Then the shit hit the fan. Two sun-like projections appeared on either side of Octagon. The heat was intense and suddenly, one exploded into molten rock and fire. Octagon attempted to protect himself in a shield of darkness, but all he could create was a spotty, hole-filled dome. The liquid rock poured over him. The heat was intense, burning away the fibers that made up his clothing. His skin began to burn and his vision became blurry. Backing away, Octagon tripped over a loose pipe. Luckily for him, falling had been a godsend. An intense beam of energy whizzed past his head, taking some of his cowl with it. Octagon rolled back from the intensity of the suns and off of the platform. He kept his distance, and after a few moments, he could use his powers again. Teleporting to the wall, Octagon surveyed the situation.

Suns that are bright and are really hot are bad. Concentrated energy beams are bad. And seemingly omnipotent beings are well... bad. His skin was highly irritated and burned in several places. Suddenly realizing his shoulder was on fire, Octagon awkwardly slapped at it until the flames extinguished.

Teleporting to a near-by scrap heap, Octagon spotted the figure again. This time, there would be no joking around. Octagon teleported into the air above the figure. Paying attention to where he was in relation to the suns, Octagon unleashed a hail of energy arcs. He teleported after that and used his powers to lift scrap metals from around the arena, and hurled them at the being. Octagon telepored to a sturdy projection coming out of the wall and began to harness his energy. After a few seconds, Octagon had made a large ball of energy. About the size of a small car, the ball was spiked and hard. With all of his might, Octagon hurled the spike-ball at his opponent. After a few bounces, the ball was ending it's trajectory with the figure in it's path.

Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Light

He had him on the run, this was good. This meant the being was frantic. Unsure of what to do. Light cackled at his benign efforts as he prepped for the killing move. There was no chance that his raw power was to be overcome by a bumbling fool such as him. The scars he wore at such an early point in the confrntation meant either he was naturally this weak or Light's attack had worked towards a weakness within him. Acting upon the latter he seeked to figure out which of these it twas.

So far the attacks he had launched were made of pure heat and intense light. Possibly they were both his pressure points. But that was highly unlikely. Logically, since this creature was a manipulator of dark energies this meant he had a natural weakness to any powerful ray of light. UV rays were the source of his affliction this time around. So a few more blasts  of starry energy would put this guy down soon.

But it seemed he wasn't going down without a fight. And Light believing himself an all powerful, unbreakable being wanted to show this monster he was nothing and break his will. The first of his worthless attacks was a volley of dark energy. The shadow dressed being stood with open arms as the energy arcs came flying at him. Which was a fatal mistake. Though he was correct in his analysis he'd missed one thing. The light and dark vulnerability was a double edged sword. As the dark energy came crashing into him the once mighty devil felt his power dwindling. Each volley caused him to twitch and he was cripple by the blows. The energy that once coursed around him was fading, and whilst he grasped for more of it, pieces of metal crashed into him hard, like powerful punches. Each one made him beg for mercy, his yelps could be heard for miles. Finally the attacks ended. Or so he thought as one last ball of power crashed into him, impaling him into the wall of the coliseum. He was a god no more. The brutal beating had returned him to his normal form and rendered him unconscious. A prime example of what can happen to a being who underestimates his opponent. And a most powerful opponent Octagon was.