STRIKE Recruitment Open

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gale_Xanders

Little documents appeared at the homes, offices, super secret meeting places, hang outs, laundry mats and various other assorted places heroes spent their time. These notes were written by an impeccable hand and the message on them was simple. Each note was sent to heroes big and small all over the world, in every location imaginable, somehow they just seemed to...end up where they needed to be.

Message Begins:

"Spain. Denver. New York. Gothic City (twice). These names all mean the same thing in one way or another, they all mean failure. In each of these locations heroes gathered and stood together to defeat encroaching evil. Sometimes they were aided by STRIKE, sometimes by no one at all. Even in the successful cases the damage done to each location was great and heroes themselves were lost to the world. There is a reason for this, one glaring reason above all others. Heroes...do not...attack. Heroes wait, heroes defend, investigate, search out, try to be kind...In each instance the heroes waited, in each instance the cost of victory, if it was achieved, was catastrophically high.

There are two paths ahead for the world, more Spains...or fewer. There is only one answer to the today's evil...an offensive strategy. STRIKE is back, we have re-organized, we have planned and prepared...we are no longer a defense first organization. What we need now is heroes who feel the same way. Do you want to stop watching people die? Do you want to stop waiting with baited breath for the next catastrophe and wishing you could do something about it? Then follow the instructions at the bottom of this letter and come join STRIKE. If you are already part of an organization then come and see us anyway, we need to band together, STRIKE needs to work with allies as much as we seek more members. STRIKE is about to declare war on evil...are you in?"

-Tyrus, Director of STRIKE.

At the bottom of every letter were directions on how to find the STRIKE carrier and when.

-------------------------------

This recruitment is open to everyone with a shade of blue. Men, women, children, aliens, mutants, humans, inhumans, demon things, fairy things, cat things, fox things...

There is only one requirement: A desire to fight evil.

If you are a member of a team already you can join as a secondary member or seek to have your team allied with STRIKE.

Avatar image for jean_knightfall
Jean_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Am I late? Sorry, but there were the things that were like pancakes, but not, and..." Jean trailed off, slowly realizing that no one was thee to greet her. Which was understandable, as she had just teleported onto the deck without any warning. "Heloooooo?" She waited for another minute sipping her tea, before getting bored and firing her guns into the air. Someone had to notice that, right?

Avatar image for captain_garrick
Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jean_knightfall:

@gale_xanders:

Garrick entered the helicarrier. Hearing the shots he followed them to find Jean Knightfall with a smoking gun.

"Your waiting to talk to STRIKE as well, I presume." Garrick said.

Adam_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*joins

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jean_knightfall: @captain_garrick

Tyrus was not long in joining them. She walked from the control tower of the carrier onto the deck with no guards in sight, though of course that didn't mean there was only one person on the carrier, only that they had been cleared from the area for her upcoming discussions. "Welcome." Tyrus said with a little smile to both of them. "I am confident others will be joining us soon, but there's no reason we can't begin for now."

She smiled and extended a hand to Jean Knightfall to shake and when that was over to Captain Garrick. "My name is Tyrus. You are Jean Knightfall, the sorceress and daughter of the late Orpheous Knightfall and you my armored friend are Captain Garrick, I hate to admit Garrick but our files on you are far less extensive than the ones on Jean Knightfall. As I understand it you're a relatively new member of the hero community here on Earth. STRIKE is going through some changes, the strategy of responding to evil has come to an end, now we attack it and for this we need new people, ready to take on the challenges of offense. We also need new allies, we need to be able to link together with heroes anywhere we go to coordinate."

Tyrus considered the two of them for a moment. "Before we continue, I'd like to hear an answer from each of you to one question. Are you willing to kill in order to stop evil? It's not a trick question, you won't be rejected if you say no, I just need to be aware of your stance."

Jean_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_garrick: @gale_xanders:

Jean inwardly flinched at her fathers name, but brushed past it. "Willing to kill? I was raised from birth to kill, and being able to transmute brain cells to orange jello only helps."

Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captain_Garrick

@gale_xanders: Garrick nodded, "Yes. I'm a soldier. It's my job to kill evil, if I have to. But Im here to request that we join our forces, me already being a member of Coldstone." He wasn't emptional about this. Just matter of fact, "So? Your thoughts?"

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrus nodded a little at both of their responses. "It's important that I ask regardless of abilities or preferences. We are considering organizing teams based upon willingness to kill so there aren't philosophical arguments in the middle of a fight." She considered Garrick for a moment and smiled a little. "I thought that might be your preference, I would absolutely be interested in an alliance. The heroes of this planet have spent far too much time working on their own agenda and fighting next to each other but not beside one another and it has cost us dearly. We need networked organization, an alliance of teams willing to work together to go out and destroy evil before it comes after those we protect."

Tyrus shifted her gaze back to Jean. "Our file suggests you also have the ability to fight without magic, I would like to see you maintain that ability and work with some of our team members that excel in that field to sharpen your skills. Right now you're our only member with any magical abilities but if we get others I would like you to help train them further in the art as well."

----------------------------------

@adam_one

Welcome =).

Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

"Agreed. Alliance then?" Garrick replied, "I'll inform the rest. I'll probably visit STRIKE a bit with my team if possible. Inform us of any trouble and well see what we can do. And vice versa."

Jean_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: "Of course. I warn you, though. I have a multitude of other responsibilities, so I won't always be able to be here. I run do a corporation."

Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jean_knightfall: @gale_xanders:

"I'll be going now, I have work to do. Call me if I'm needed in any way." Garrick said heading out, "Thank you, and goodbye."

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrus nodded to Garrick as he left, in agreement with their alliance.

"Most of the people working with STRIKE are in a position similar to yours with multiple duties to attend to. I don't expect you to stay on the carrier all day every day, though I would prefer it if you report here every few weeks to make sure I know your current status and so that I can update you on any goings on if need be. What I want is for everyone to be alert, to remain ready for when I give the word. We will be launching our first preemptive strike soon." Tyrus produced a small ear piece communicator and handed it over. "Keep this on you at all times, it will make contacting you easier. In the mean time, we have several personnel on the carrier already if you wish to meet some of your new team mates. I believe Solar Hawk is around here somewhere."

Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

Garian looked at it and placed it securely inside his helmet, "Sure. It will make it easier since I'll know them before any strikes. Still, we must hurry. I don't have a lot of time."

SpeedDemon--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to fight this team maybe.

Avatar image for damian_carlisle
Damian_Carlisle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind joining, need a reason to write right now anyway.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian_Carlisle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speeddemon--:

That can be arranged =).

Our first target is Curve but I can put you on the list =).

Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_garrick:

(The resident Joker archetype, the guy that just killed one of the characters running for President.)

Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_wheatley: (I'm pretty sure as long as he's a hero then yes, but ask @gale_xanders)

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_wheatley:

(What he said, as long as it's a hero anyone is free to join. This reminds me, I'll be starting an official PM and new location thread later this week.)

Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cognus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: (Vex here. Use this account to replace Chimera on the team)

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cognus_:

(Ok, problems with the other account?)

Damian_Carlisle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Damian_Carlisle
Damian_Carlisle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Damian_Carlisle

@captain_garrick: @gale_xanders:

Strange that he would receive a letter of such...intensity.

Damian was known in circles, but his circles were oblong and thin. His were the fringe of dreams and improbability;endless and imperceptible to those without the eyes for it. The ones that know his name were lost in whispers from the time before science strangled faith from the world and stole it's throne.

But perhaps that's too poetic an explanation, for a man self-taught in the art of ancient magick. But the meat of the point still remains, he was, like his practice, a generally unknown element. He was a hero in the dictionary sense, righting the wrongs of evil men and women before they became black ink in death's ledger. Was he too open with his usage of his magick, did someone catch wind of his abilities? It was unclear, and though he lived in unclear, this case demanding an explanation.

No Caption Provided

"Damian Carlisle. I believe this "He says pulling out the letter and flipping it open like a sheriff with a summons" is your stationary." He said in his deep British accent that seemed to be thinned for easy consumption.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damian_carlisle:

Tyrus examined the letter for a moment and smiled a bit. "Welcome aboard." She told him. "You're right of course, that is our 'stationary' as you put it. You were a hard person to find, if not for our connections with Thanagar we may not have known where to look, or even to look in the first place. STRIKE is re-organizing and re-purposing and we'd like someone with your talents to help us in our new mission." Tyrus said. "We're going on the offensive, taking the fight to the enemy instead of waiting for them to cause mass havoc before we intervene."

Tyrus paced a little, reciting information she'd told others already. "I understand many of the people, yourself included, that we are contacting have other obligations. I don't need people to live on the carrier, though that's certainly an option. What I want is to be able to contact you when we need you, work with your schedule rather than against it and if we happen to operate in your area, we want to not only have an agent already in the field, so to speak, but also be able to work with local heroes through you as a contact."

Tyrus turned to look at him and smiled a bit. "To put it simply, I don't want another Spain and I don't think you do either."

Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

Garrick attempted to contact them, "When is the mission? I need to prep my team."

Damian_Carlisle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: "While I can't promise one hundred percent of my time, I would be honored to take a seat at your table. My stomping grounds are generally England as a whole, but I center myself in the magical nexus of London. I'm a magician by self-trade, by the by." Leaning against a corner he squints and nods with his thumbs poking out of a suit vests' pockets. "No. I think we could all do without that devastation again. Best to strike the match before the pulling the cigar." He smiles and extends a hand to Tyrus, "It's been a pleasure. I may need a reserve place to lay low from time to time, practice my skills and develop stronger abilities. Would you mind showing me the way to the quarters?"

(We can leave that up to interpretation if you want. Just wanted to make it canon he'll be available at the base for future plot sake.)

Ir1t-4t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: (Can this guy join as a metaphorical Wade to your team of metaphorical Kim Possibles? The only difference is, I'd be slightly incompetent. Slightly may be generous)

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@damian_carlisle:

Tyrus shook his hand warmly after listening to his reply and smiled a bit. "Absolutely." She said. She lead him down into the interior of the ship and spent the time as they walked explaining some of the ship's layout, when he could use the training facility (which was basically whenever) and that he and the other members of the team could roam the ship freely whenever they wanted. "There's one other thing." She said after a moment, pausing at a door with the name Solar Hawk engraved on it. "This is another member of our team that you should be sure to keep some distance between yourself and her during combat. She wears an carries Hawk Forged Nth Metal...it's very presence can disrupt magic. Since she fights in close combat frequently keeping a little distance shouldn't be an issue."

She motioned down the corridor three more doors. "Those are your quarters there. Each room is keyed to the individual user and the door will only open at your command. Right now of course it hasn't been programmed yet and you can just open it the old fashioned way. If you want to talk to or meet with any of your other team mates you met a few on deck and both Solar Hawk and Xae are on the ship currently."